Pages:
Author

Topic: Asus prime Z270-p - page 10. (Read 31562 times)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
July 13, 2017, 01:36:39 AM
Someone know where to download BIOS 0808 for Asus prime Z270-p?
I can't find this BIOS on the Asus Support site... is it because the Asus support site is buggy?

https://mega.nz/#!o3pXFSCC!R3sW5PMSVCr-8apaj8QpX96PCXpuShnjvolFvOEa0Ys

Use it at your own risk. Maybe asus removed it for a reason.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
July 12, 2017, 05:20:25 PM
Someone know where to download BIOS 0808 for Asus prime Z270-p?
I can't find this BIOS on the Asus Support site... is it because the Asus support site is buggy?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
July 11, 2017, 09:55:28 PM

Im using nvidia card and the latest bios https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/HelpDesk_Download/

got my 8 gpu detected

you should use 4g enabled

good luck

Try not plugging in the power to the M.2 to PCIe connectors ... it seems to work for me ... also one of the M.2 power connectors cable burned so I wouldn't recommend them anyways.

Thank you deadsix!!! All I have to do is remove power connector from M.2 PCIe adapter!!

My rig is now running full 8 cards. Thanks!!

tried this but nothing working so far , any ideas ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20050714
donation inside if some1 helps Smiley

are you using m.2 to pcie adapters?
Activity: 9
July 11, 2017, 09:18:53 PM
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
July 10, 2017, 02:04:17 PM

Im using nvidia card and the latest bios https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/HelpDesk_Download/

got my 8 gpu detected

good luck

Try not plugging in the power to the M.2 to PCIe connectors ... it seems to work for me ... also one of the M.2 power connectors cable burned so I wouldn't recommend them anyways.

Thank you deadsix!!! All I have to do is remove power connector from M.2 PCIe adapter!!

tried this but nothing working so far , any ideas ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20050714
donation inside if some1 helps Smiley
Activity: 2
July 09, 2017, 12:30:16 PM

got my 8 gpu detected

http://i.imgur.com/5rjzcNW.jpg?1

good luck

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
July 08, 2017, 07:18:20 PM

got my 8 gpu detected

good luck

Activity: 1652
Merit: 593
July 08, 2017, 05:46:15 PM
Hello Friends,

has anybody managed to make 8 gpus work on this Asus Prime  Z270-P.  I have connected 7th and 8th gpu to the M.2 to PCI-e convertor but did not manage to see them added in device manager (windows 10).

Any Bios settings I need to change ?

I am using latest Bios 0808 released on 23-07-17.

Thank you.

I'm having the same problem. Can you make to make it work yet? I'm using GTX 1050Ti, what I've tried so far can make windows 10 sees only 6 cards.

got my 8 gpu detected

good luck
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
July 03, 2017, 04:52:00 PM
have u tried to disable 4G like suggested here ?

With 4G disabled I am only able to get up and running with 2 cards......... As soon as I insert the 3th one I see only a cursor blinking. Not even possible to enter the BIOS.
With 4G enabled I can get up and running with 4 cards..........

Any other ideas?

Have u tried 4g disabled (with just one card installed) and adding Card 2 - Reboot - Card 3 - Reboot - Card 4 - Reboot - Card 5  Reboot ?

Or .... disable 4G, boot with 1 card, install it and then shutdown. Connect all the remaining cards, boot, enable 4G, voila.

Tnx for this hint Wink You made my day. I feel like an idiot now because i was allways adding 1 by 1  Smiley
Activity: 2
July 02, 2017, 11:44:31 PM
Hello Friends,

has anybody managed to make 8 gpus work on this Asus Prime  Z270-P.  I have connected 7th and 8th gpu to the M.2 to PCI-e convertor but did not manage to see them added in device manager (windows 10).

Thank you.

I'm having the same problem. Can you make to make it work yet? I'm using GTX 1050Ti, what I've tried so far can make windows 10 sees only 6 cards.
Activity: 10
July 02, 2017, 04:07:50 PM
@cryptobob88, thanks a lot for your help. We could figure out that my problem is pretty sure one GPU which is Fu**** up......
I learned a lot and his help was really professional Smiley

I will receive another card tomorrow and should know after if it's working with 5 cards.

You're welcome! Good luck Smiley
Activity: 13
July 02, 2017, 03:55:12 PM
@cryptobob88, thanks a lot for your help. We could figure out that my problem is pretty sure one GPU which is Fu**** up......
I learned a lot and his help was really professional Smiley

I will receive another card tomorrow and should know after if it's working with 5 cards.
July 02, 2017, 08:06:48 AM
Update:

I did install Windows 10 from scratch with the following BIOS settings
- 4G disabled
- all onboard devices disabled
- everything to Gen1

After some Windows Updates I did install the first card --> everything fine
added the second card --> everything fine
added the third one got an error before the bios
removed the third one - changed 4G to enable --> everything fine
added the 4th card --> everything fine
added the 5th card --> Windows is starting but I have a "code 43" error in the device manager for the last card

I searched a lot for this error and it seems to be a common issue but only with older Windows versions (not Windows 10).

Changing from Gen1 to auto didn't change something. I am still able to boot Windows even with "auto" but still have the code 43 error.

Any idea how to fix that?
July 02, 2017, 03:40:00 AM

With 4G disabled I am only able to get up and running with 2 cards......... As soon as I insert the 3th one I see only a cursor blinking. Not even possible to enter the BIOS.

Any other ideas?

Have u tried 4g disabled (with just one card installed) and adding Card 2 - Reboot - Card 3 - Reboot - Card 4 - Reboot - Card 5  Reboot ?

Or .... disable 4G, boot with 1 card, install it and then shutdown. Connect all the remaining cards, boot, enable 4G, voila.

exactly the same issue: booting with 1 card and 4G disable is fine - after adding 4 more I can't enter the BIOS.
I tried enabling 4G booting with one card - shutdown adding 4 more cards --> I can enter the BIOS but Windows is not booting. I never see a Windows logo or something and the screen is always switching between it looks like there will be a picture and back to there is no picture.........
July 02, 2017, 03:32:54 AM

Any other ideas?

I tried that as well: 4 disabled with one card (ok) - reboot adding card 2 (ok) - reboot adding card 3 --> only a blinking cursor not even possible to enter the BIOS
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
July 01, 2017, 05:43:05 PM

Any other ideas?

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
July 01, 2017, 01:26:05 PM

Any other ideas?

Activity: 10
July 01, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
I got 8 gpus (8x580s Strix) running on Z270P.. you need to be careful with how you install everything and making sure updates are turned of, a lot of the times, your drivers are updated, and theyre not compatible with 8 gpus. it took us 1 day but we finally managed to do it, and replicate it on 2 other rigs.

wts guide for 0.01613 btc, please pm
July 01, 2017, 07:04:36 AM

Any other ideas?
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
July 01, 2017, 06:12:15 AM
Hello Friends,

Thank you.

got it to work but will need to reset daily as the motherboard does not have sufficient power
Pages:
Jump to: