Pages:
Author

Topic: Asus prime Z270-p - page 4. (Read 31562 times)

Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
December 22, 2017, 05:48:56 AM
Question guys:

mobo : Asus prime Z270-p (ok easy...Smiley)
GPUS : 5 x 1070 4 on 1x to 16 gpu riser and one on Pci16x

I received the last one a slim one yesterday and put it on 16x slot but win10 can't see it! The other four are workin I set enable 4g and put all to gen1.

Will try some of your tricks...and maybe update bios.

Have to look bios version...

Any hints to have a quick solution?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 12:46:49 PM
My God I'm having a hell of a time to get the M.2_1 to work. I've ruled out bad USB or bad riser components. I'm going to try the "screw & bend" technique after I clean up the M.2 card's contacts. Note that I'm also using DeoxIT chem treatment on the contacts. Otherwise my Asus Z270-P is running seven 1060 SC 3GB's just fine.

I need to vent this out to my mining brothers and sisters: I just got my second rig online yesterday. I had SEVEN (7) bad riser kits. Yes, one entire Mintcell Version 7 (blue cord) bag of six kits was bad and one other kit was bad. I am so pissed. I wasted several HOURS of time trying to figure this out. I'm glad I ordered Version 8 (red cord) and have more coming. If you are stocking up on risers for future rigs, TEST THEM ASAP so you can return them.

After hours of scouring internet anecdotes and my own experience, I am strongly convinced that 75% of the "can't get more than XX GPU's to recognize" is due to junk riser kits. It is amazing how far quality control can go in a factory. I am blown away that they don't even bother testing their crap before shipping it off. A $10,000 test rig at the factory would avoid $100,000's of dollars in RMA expenses.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
December 20, 2017, 07:29:28 AM
i got it here ,

you have to change all pcie to gen 2
and désactivate sound / music card

after plug grafic card 1 by one & boot.

95% of the probleme is from riser , here i got 1 plug ( PCIE to USB ) the small one , are defect
i have try many time to find the probleme.

when one more card dont detected , just unplug usb from rise ( on grafic card side )  to new one card to see the probleme

card , riser from grafic card ,and pcie slot on mother board.
process by elimination.

step by step card by card ( riser by riser ...)
Activity: 1
December 18, 2017, 08:29:53 AM
Hello everybody,

I had a messy weekend trying to put together a three boards rig.
I have a asus prime z270-p with i3 3.9Ghz 7th gen. 8GB DDR4 2133 Crucial
I bought 2 x 1060 Asus dual OC and 1x 1080ti MSI Armor 11GB.
120GB ssd.
I also bought 6 risers pcie
1000w Corsair power source.

I installed win 10 x64 pro couple of times and tried with the original drivers, last nvidia drivers, GeForce experience updates,  activated 4G, deactivate it, used all Gen 1,2,3 incrementally.
I used the onboard intel GPU, I installed without it and with it. I used the risers and eventually tried without them directly on 16x pci full slots with two card.

I deactivate the Intel GPU and tried to add the boards in successive reboots as well.

The best I am getting is either I install only one board and the rest if I manage to make them apear are dimmed (error 45, hardware disconnected ).

I powered all of them with attention, changed the reiser power from sata directly to the 6 pin power source plug.

I sincerely don't see how to solve the issue. The video boards work individually but it seems I can not make them work together.

Is something I am doing wrong?

I am on the verge of throwing the rig on the window Smiley

Any advice will be more then welcomed.

Thank you!

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
December 16, 2017, 03:29:14 PM
i am also sitting on my ass with 4 gpu installed and 2 nice and shinny doing nothing kind of bloody crap setting
Activity: 1
December 16, 2017, 03:17:46 PM
I'm also having issues with my Z270-P

Specs:

ASUS Z270p
Intel Celeron G3900
8GB DDR4
8x EVGA 1070 SC Edition

BIOS Info:
[1] 4G Encoding: Enabled
[2] Primary Display: CPU Graphics
[3] DMI Max Link Speed: Gen 2
[4] PCIEX16_1 Link Speed: Gen 2
[5] PCIe Speed: Gen 2
[6] HD Audio Controller: Disabled
[7] M.2_1 Configuration: PCIE

I have been able to get 4 cards working, but when I plug in the 5th, I get the Splash Screen for a sec and then it fails to boot. I have tried:
1. Swapping to Gen 1's
2. Plugging in 5th -> Disabling 4G -> Reseting and failing to load Win -> Boot to BIOS -> Enable 4G -> Reset
3. Setting DMI Max Link Speed & PCIEX16_1 to "Auto" and PCIe Speed to Gen 1.

None of these worked. I'm beginning to think it might be a cable thing, but I tried every one of the 4 that aren't plugged in into the MoBo and they all have the same result? So I'm not sure. Any advice you can provide is appreciated.

Edit: I should say I can also get any 4 GPU's working in any combination.. But as soon as I add any 5th card in any slot it fails. I can also get to the BIOS fine, but as soon as it tries to boot Win10, it fails.
December 16, 2017, 02:30:59 PM
im newbie here ,
i have this motherboard too ,
and running 6 x 1060 3gb on it  ( i up to 8 this week )
and bought pcie x4

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/PCI-E-pour-PCI-E-Adaptateur-1-Turn-4-PCI-Express-Slot-1x-16x-USB-3/32833259844.html

i see video from guy up to 11 card  ( 1060 )
any one doing it ?

feedback ? probleme ? config ?
i think up to 11 next month when i recive adaptater ( aliexpress 3 weeks) ...
( im 525w with 6 1060 card and power supply is 1000w , that's why i up to 8 )

mb + cpu = 75w
525 - 75 = 450 w
450w / 6 ( 1060 card ) = 75w / each ( 1060 @ 65% core  power limit + OC )

75w x 11 =825w  + mb 75 = 900 watt     im good with my 1000w power supply
Activity: 42
December 16, 2017, 03:48:44 AM
Thanks to all that contributed to this thread.  I was stuck on 3 cards for a while. 
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
nvOC forever
December 15, 2017, 12:55:06 AM
I've been using Z270P from past 6 months mining with 8x1060's.

Its been running ON with no issues so far, if you ask me whether I recommend? I would definitely recommend for small rig holders to run 8 or less than 8 cards.

I use Ubuntu (nvOC) which comes with all the miners pre-loaded, so far less down time. I used all the settings suggested by this topic let me run 8 cards straight away with out any hiccups.
Activity: 41
December 14, 2017, 01:28:17 PM
Don't enable 4G encoding unless you've 4 or more cards.
Install GPU1 and drivers.  Do it in safe mode and using DDU.  Reboot into windows normal mode.  Check GPU1 works fine.
Reboot to safe mode on next restart and plugin GPU2 and see if it gets detected in device manager and proceed to normal boot.  test mining/etc.
Proceed in similar way and once you've 4th card plugged in enable 4G encoding while booting.

Nope, didn't work, already tried that. Despite all my efforts not to let it go, I've decided to send it to RMA... 4 to 8 weeks to wait...
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
December 13, 2017, 07:41:18 PM
Don't enable 4G encoding unless you've 4 or more cards.
Install GPU1 and drivers.  Do it in safe mode and using DDU.  Reboot into windows normal mode.  Check GPU1 works fine.
Reboot to safe mode on next restart and plugin GPU2 and see if it gets detected in device manager and proceed to normal boot.  test mining/etc.
Proceed in similar way and once you've 4th card plugged in enable 4G encoding while booting.
Activity: 41
December 13, 2017, 07:20:09 PM
Hey everyone !

I'm facing a problem with a, ASUS Z270-P mobo, and a SAPPHIRE VEGA 64 graphic card. I've been following closely this tutorial : http://vega.miningguides.com/ and yet, after 2 days of countless installs, BIOS settings, DDU abusing, I just can't get it working. Like not even got close to it.

Not 4, not 6 not 8 of them.

One.

One, only...

Seems like it's the problem comes from the mother board [still in this state of strong denial, that the GPU should go to RMA] and I've only used H81, so far. I'm not familiar with this very Z270-P model, but never expected THAT much difficulty to make it work...

+ Mobo BIOS up-to-date ver.0812 [should I downgade it ?]

+ BIOS Setup :

-----DMI Max Link Speed -> Gen2/Gen3
-----PCIEX16_1 link speed -> Gen 2/Gen3
-----PCI Express Configuration -> Gen 2/Gen3
-----Enabled(above 4G)
-----Few stuff like HD audio disabled, and so on...

+ Fresh W10 install [UEFI]

+ Device manager detects the new hardware

+ Blockchain driver - Inevitably fails with BSOD atikmpag.sys issue [both W7 and W10] before finishing

+ Tried every single PCIe port

+ Changed riser enough times to get pretty confident in the fact that the problem doesn't come from this part

Any help ?
December 11, 2017, 05:13:19 PM
Mine's running 9 on Z270P.  Yes It works fine.

Thanks. Smiley
Are you on windows 10?
Also what kind of gpu are you running? amd or nvidia
Did you need to change any settings after installing this 4 in 1 card?

Windows 10 and Linux.  Works on both.  No settings changed.  Works fine with 4G encoding enabled.
I haven't been running 9 cards from single vendor yet (since I am on blockchain drivers and 8 is the driver limit).  I have tried running 3xNvidia + 6xAMD on Win10 and it worked.

Thanks!
Do you think it'll be more stable if I run all amd cards (different model, vendors,) versus just running amd on the 5 pci-e slots and the nvidia on the 4 in one expansion slot?

All the expansion card does is communication over USB protocol.  The GPUs are doing the work.  Since you'll be using risers, it doesn't matter what pci-e slots you use.  The expansion card is just a multiplexer switch providing 1x to 4x

Thanks.
In that case I'll add the 4 in one to the very last slot that way it'll be easier to keep track of the cards connected physically in case one of them doenst work properly.

You need to insert the card in a 16x slot (excluding the primary gpu slot) iirc
December 11, 2017, 04:58:46 PM
humm ,im new here ,
i bought Z270 P + 6x 1060 3BG

i updated to lastest bios 818 ,
and motherboard dont want take more than 5 gpu ,

anyone have lastest bios ( 818 ) legit bios from asus ( i have made internet update )
i followed configuration from video ( internet ) from guy minning with 8 1060 gpu..

but dont take the 6th card ( i disconected 1 card to plug 6th )
i got always 5 cards ( the 6th card & plug/wire work )

i have 8 cards but more than 5 no working ...
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
December 11, 2017, 04:39:01 PM

Thanks. Smiley
Are you on windows 10?

Windows 10 and Linux.  Works on both.  No settings changed.  Works fine with 4G encoding enabled.
I haven't been running 9 cards from single vendor yet (since I am on blockchain drivers and 8 is the driver limit).  I have tried running 3xNvidia + 6xAMD on Win10 and it worked.

Thanks!
Do you think it'll be more stable if I run all amd cards (different model, vendors,) versus just running amd on the 5 pci-e slots and the nvidia on the 4 in one expansion slot?

All the expansion card does is communication over USB protocol.  The GPUs are doing the work.  Since you'll be using risers, it doesn't matter what pci-e slots you use.  The expansion card is just a multiplexer switch providing 1x to 4x

Thanks.
In that case I'll add the 4 in one to the very last slot that way it'll be easier to keep track of the cards connected physically in case one of them doenst work properly.
December 11, 2017, 04:23:03 PM

Thanks. Smiley
Are you on windows 10?

Thanks!

December 11, 2017, 03:33:30 PM

Thanks. Smiley
Are you on windows 10?

Thanks!
December 11, 2017, 11:31:06 AM

Thanks. Smiley
Are you on windows 10?

December 11, 2017, 01:13:35 AM

Thanks. Smiley
Are you on windows 10?

December 10, 2017, 09:44:38 PM
Pages:
Jump to: