Pages:
Author

Topic: Asus prime Z270-p - page 2. (Read 31562 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 03:59:19 PM
I have a similar issue with this mobo that I can't seem to figure out.

3 GPUs (rx 580 4gb)  run fine, mining eth.

When i add the 4th, it shows as hashing at 0 mh/s and then says it hangs, it restarts the miner and that happens over and over.

I have all my cards attached using risers, none on the mobo itself, just because the physical way it's set up would make that difficult. Does that matter?

I have 4g encoding enabled, i have tried both gen 1 and auto. I uninstalled and re-installed drivers, no dice.

Any ideas?

Ok so first of all try exclude failed GPU's and risers, so:

1. connect only three GPU's, but now change one of those which you are 100% sure that works with the one which you tried to connect at the end. test it.
2. do the same with risers.

and most important: Do all tests with stock bios and clock/voltage settings! Time for OC will come when you finally get some basic stability of your rig.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
January 31, 2018, 03:20:58 PM
I have a similar issue with this mobo that I can't seem to figure out.

3 GPUs (rx 580 4gb)  run fine, mining eth.

When i add the 4th, it shows as hashing at 0 mh/s and then says it hangs, it restarts the miner and that happens over and over.

I have all my cards attached using risers, none on the mobo itself, just because the physical way it's set up would make that difficult. Does that matter?

I have 4g encoding enabled, i have tried both gen 1 and auto. I uninstalled and re-installed drivers, no dice.

Any ideas?
Activity: 13
January 28, 2018, 10:13:05 PM
SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION

Here are the steps I took to get 6 gpus instantly working

1. Dont use onboard graphics, use primary graphics card
2. Enable 4G decoding
3. Perform clean install of latest nvidia drivers and reboot

Now WAIT AFTER IT RESTARTS. Hit control+shift+esc to bring up processes. Notice that Nvidia install manager starts running. It ran a total for 6 times for
me, presumably for each card. This takes a while (took 10 mins on mine). It will run in a loop between Nvidia stuff and windows installing.

Then your cards will show up.

If it works would mighty appreciate some coins!

BTC: 1JToePxsYm69YvitsccA8e8zfVjsAvb575
ETH: 0xf819a2BB3625Da0E46a68248Be3301709741504a

Activity: 729
Merit: 114
January 20, 2018, 12:32:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am new in crypto and trying to build my first rig contains 8x rx570 4gb on z270-p prime but no luck so far.
My issue is that rig doesn't go up with more than 4 cards and constantly rebooting just after show Asus logo (the moment when you can enter to bios). Bios is already set as was adviced earlier in this topic, but still no progress.
There was a moment that I was able to run 6 cards, but after adding another one I was again able to run only four.
So far I made following checks:
   1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK
   3. PCI-E ports on mobo - OK
   4. Power supply's (2x650 gold) - with 4 cards loaded in windows (no mining) it takes around 100W so should be ok at least for setting them up.
   5. Bios settings - OK - 4g enabled, and Gen1 (also tried different settings of them, but without success).

As rig doesn't even try to load OS my suspicious put on bios version. I think I made a mistake by upgrading it to newest version - 1002.
Now I am wondering if there is possibility to downgrade to 0808? And if so from where I can get this version? Can't find it on Asus website as well as on Internet.

Will highly appreciate any help and advices.

Try this. 
Use only 3 cards plugged into first 3 pcie slots (from cpu end; 1x 16x and 1x in that order).  Disable 4g encoding.  All pcie config to Gen2.  Boot into windows > install drivers for 3 cards
If all good enable 4g encoding and try to boot into windows.  It should work fine.  Install drivers for rest (if auto install not enabled)

Thanks a lot for this, but my problem had different root cause. Monitor cable plugged into integrated graphic card!
I was sure that monitor has to be connected to motherboard, but seems its not like that. I found post on another forum where one guy described similar issue and he presented solution where he simply connected his screen to primray GPU (this one plugged into first x16 PCI-E slot from CPU side). Since I did the same my problem was gone Smiley
I hope it will be usefull for somebody!

This did happen to me where I had to plug in the display cable (DVI) to primary GPU.  However, I am still using integrated GPU and have 9 cards plugged in on the same board after the above mentioned steps.
January 20, 2018, 10:56:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am new in crypto and trying to build my first rig contains 8x rx570 4gb on z270-p prime but no luck so far.
My issue is that rig doesn't go up with more than 4 cards and constantly rebooting just after show Asus logo (the moment when you can enter to bios). Bios is already set as was adviced earlier in this topic, but still no progress.
There was a moment that I was able to run 6 cards, but after adding another one I was again able to run only four.
   1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK
   4. Power supply's (2x650 gold) - with 4 cards loaded in windows (no mining) it takes around 100W so should be ok at least for setting them up.
   5. Bios settings - OK - 4g enabled, and Gen1 (also tried different settings of them, but without success).

As rig doesn't even try to load OS my suspicious put on bios version. I think I made a mistake by upgrading it to newest version - 1002.
Now I am wondering if there is possibility to downgrade to 0808? And if so from where I can get this version? Can't find it on Asus website as well as on Internet.

Try this. 
Use only 3 cards plugged into first 3 pcie slots (from cpu end; 1x 16x and 1x in that order).  Disable 4g encoding.  All pcie config to Gen2.  Boot into windows > install drivers for 3 cards
If all good enable 4g encoding and try to boot into windows.  It should work fine.  Install drivers for rest (if auto install not enabled)

Thanks a lot for this, but my problem had different root cause. Monitor cable plugged into integrated graphic card!
I was sure that monitor has to be connected to motherboard, but seems its not like that. I found post on another forum where one guy described similar issue and he presented solution where he simply connected his screen to primray GPU (this one plugged into first x16 PCI-E slot from CPU side). Since I did the same my problem was gone Smiley
I hope it will be usefull for somebody!
Activity: 14
January 18, 2018, 05:42:08 AM
Hi guys i have same motherboard z270-p with 5 rx 570 8gb &  1 rx 580 8gb
 ???my problem is that when i boot my rig with 5 cards without connecting riser in 2nd pciex16 slot i can go till desktop, but when i plug in the 6th card in 2nd pciex16 slot it keeps on restarting before i see windows screen or gives a blank screen.
I tried many bios combination from this thread please help will reward  Wink

Try this. 
Boot to BIOS > Disable 4g encoding > Install 3 cards 2 x RX570 and 1 x RX580 with drivers.  RX570 would need atidmag patcher.
Boot to BIOS > Enable 4g encoding > Install rest of RX570.  You would see the dev manager might have market rest of the cards as unsigned.  Sign again with atidmag.

thanks for the help guys
I think this thread covers many possible ways to solve the cards issues.
I solved my problem by just connecting the hdmi cable to 2nd pciex16 slot gpu.
Thanks for the help
Activity: 12
January 18, 2018, 03:49:11 AM
Anyone tried PCI-E 1x 1 to 4 USB 3.0 Extender Riser on this board ?
That would in theory get 11 gpu
January 18, 2018, 02:30:58 AM
 ???my problem is that when i boot my rig with 5 cards without connecting riser in 2nd pciex16 slot i can go till desktop, but when i plug in the 6th card in 2nd pciex16 slot it keeps on restarting before i see windows screen or gives a blank screen.

Try this. 
Boot to BIOS > Disable 4g encoding > Install 3 cards 2 x RX570 and 1 x RX580 with drivers.  RX570 would need atidmag patcher.
Boot to BIOS > Enable 4g encoding > Install rest of RX570.  You would see the dev manager might have market rest of the cards as unsigned.  Sign again with atidmag.

Activity: 14
January 18, 2018, 01:05:31 AM
January 15, 2018, 12:25:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK

Try this. 
January 14, 2018, 08:42:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK

January 12, 2018, 02:07:45 PM
guys, which models of power supplies are you using for powering 8 cards on this board? Need to buy power supplies that need no additional cable extenders or splitters to power on rx580

For 8 GPUs you can end up buying a very expensive 1600w or higher but dual psu would be cheaper.

I use 2 x corsair RM850x. It has 3 pcie cables and 6 connectors (150mm distance between connectors).  Has 8 molex connectors for powering risers.
However, you should opt for any cheapest, quality gold rated power supply with 3 pcie cables or higher

Note:  don't blindly go by pcie connector count. (look for the distance between the connectors)  Many times the connectors are closely placed on the cable and you won't be able to use it on adjacent GPU.

Few other recommendations EVGA 1000 GQ, EVGA 850w or higher G2/G3 series
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 11:19:01 AM
guys, which models of power supplies are you using for powering 8 cards on this board? Need to buy power supplies that need no additional cable extenders or splitters to power on rx580
January 12, 2018, 10:52:52 AM
I read this board does 8gpu.  Is anyone have any luck.  Do I need the bios the doesn't seem to be available anymore?

Mine does 9.

And of course you don’t provide any info as to how you got 9 to work, good job on trying to improve the community.

Thank you to all that has provided setting info to your rigs and not “mine does 9

And of course you haven't read the thread completely.  Cause if you did you would get the info.  Anyways,  It's no settings magic or anything just using a PCIE-1x to 4x multiplier card.  No hassles with pcie to m2 adapters which imo are terrible quality.

Ref: Post #151
Activity: 2
January 12, 2018, 04:44:38 AM
I got 6 Cards working now by just unplugging the DVI cable from onboard Graphics.
Placed it in the GPU Connected to main PCI-e x16 lane and it booted With 6 and shows them all.
Activity: 82
Merit: 3
January 12, 2018, 03:36:24 AM
I read this board does 8gpu.  Is anyone have any luck.  Do I need the bios the doesn't seem to be available anymore?

I have several running rigs with 8 GPUs. Most of them with BIOS ver. 0812 and one with 1002. They were also running fine with 0810 (was removed from asus.com when 0812 was released)
Activity: 1
January 12, 2018, 01:46:06 AM
I think that it's related to bios version. I have two identical boards Z270-P, one with latest bios version and and with factory 0810 version. Latest version bios I only get 7 working, the 0810 version 8 working exact same setup.

0810 can't be downloaded either from asus support page, strange.

How can I downgrade my bios ? Does anyone have any idea? I already try some ways but none of them worked.
Activity: 23
January 12, 2018, 12:41:44 AM
I read this board does 8gpu.  Is anyone have any luck.  Do I need the bios the doesn't seem to be available anymore?

Mine does 9.

And of course you don’t provide any info as to how you got 9 to work, good job on trying to improve the community.

Thank you to all that has provided setting info to your rigs and not “mine does 9
January 11, 2018, 10:00:16 PM

Mine does 9.
Activity: 126
January 11, 2018, 07:41:54 PM
Pages:
Jump to: