Pages:
Author

Topic: [Auction] BITMAIN launch first batch AntMiner S1-180GH/s 360W on wall - page 2. (Read 20837 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi Ommid,

Appreciate your concern, but at least I received my unit. Then again, I'm as new as you from the posting count point of view.

Additionally, there was some senior member already confirming having received theirs (with a picture).

Hello Aexcu

I just wanted to share the experience my Chinese friend had with their Chinese Taobao store.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Hi Ommid,

Appreciate your concern, but at least I received my unit. Then again, I'm as new as you from the posting count point of view.

Additionally, there was some senior member already confirming having received theirs (with a picture).

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hello all,

I asked one of my Chinese friend who lives in China, Shenzhen (The city that Bitmain claims their factory is located in) to call them and Buy one Antminer Unit from their Taobao Store.
(You can find their store link in one their posts:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3648732 )
And here are their contact info my friend tried to communicate with:
Ali Wang Wang: 比特大陆:李盈斐
Ali Wang Wang: 比特大陆:范晓俊
QQ: 8133455
QQ: 800022357
QQ: 9161403
Phone Number: 18611720733
Phone Number: 18911677899

They announced they will put up 30 units at 21:00, 23 November for sale. They crossed 20,000 CNY and priced the units for 18,500 CNY.
My Chinese friend (who is familiar with Taobao website and usually buys from it) tried to buy one but after some unsuccessful attempt he said "they are just showing off that people are buying from their store and there is not any actual sale. They don't let me to buy and they are actually using their Taobao store to advertise their validity". And as my Chinese friend claims no one is able to buy anything from their Taobao shop.

I am emphasizing that my Chinese friend tried to buy from their Taobao store on the exact time they announced and tried it for two of their announcements.

I just hope my Chinese friend and I are wrong in our guess that they are scam.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
AntMiner does not connect to eligius - status: dead

AntMiner is doing you a favor.  It is a next-gen device and knows better than to mine at Eligius and support Luke-Jrs shenanigans.
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

p2pool always delivers higer HW rate and it got a little better over night, but I think I'll have to test wired mining - thing wifi is killing some shares
or try a normal pool for better comparability

Dam!
AntMiner does not connect to eligius - status: dead

But @btcguild its getting much less rejects than p2pool Sad
when will manufactures learn?Huh??

with every new miner it's a fail again Sad
fhh
legendary
up & running @178GHash in p2pool (many miners perform a little bit worse in this) so I'm happy with this performance
stable wifi connection established

How about a screenshot?

Make a lot of us feel better. Smiley

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=663597-1385421452.png

Thanks for doing that.  Am I reading the rejects correct and it is high in my estimation or is it a case as usual for me and I dont know what the hell I am talking about.

Best Regards,

p2pool always delivers higer HW rate and it got a little better over night, but I think I'll have to test wired mining - thing wifi is killing some shares
or try a normal pool for better comparability
Activity: 238
ASIC Myth Buster
DHCP Client Mode is recommended!

Current unit wise, Hard-Reset may be too tricky for the users to perform.  Bitmain was sending out the replacement miner for the bricked AntMiner.  At least in China.

How many Japanese Winners here?  Do you guys need Guide in Japanese?

Now the lucky winners are start receiving their miners, here is the setup guide for the AntMiner

Setup Guide: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s1-180ghs-miner-344970
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
itamidensha,

Having just installed my device:

I found that the LAN setting was already set as "DHCP Client", but did a "Save as" anyway just to be sure. After this, I proceeded to change the WAN settings to match my local network. Sushi's guide is generally excellent, so I won't bother writing an another one.

I'll post some pictures and further findings next to the non-auction thread.

Thanks for your reply. I expect it to arrive tonight so I guess I'll figure it out.

I'd still like to know what the doomsday scenario is that we're being warned against though. I really don't understand.
Maybe it's simply that there's no factory reset button, so they're just warning us not to set the thing to an IP address we might forget?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
up & running @178GHash in p2pool (many miners perform a little bit worse in this) so I'm happy with this performance

How about a screenshot?

Thanks for doing that.  Am I reading the rejects correct and it is high in my estimation or is it a case as usual for me and I dont know what the hell I am talking about.

Best Regards,
fhh
legendary

How about a screenshot?

fhh
legendary

How about a screenshot?

How about a screenshot?

fhh
legendary
itamidensha,

Having just installed my device:

I found that the LAN setting was already set as "DHCP Client", but did a "Save as" anyway just to be sure. After this, I proceeded to change the WAN settings to match my local network. Sushi's guide is generally excellent, so I won't bother writing an another one.

I'll post some pictures and further findings next to the non-auction thread.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Please take attention that you have to make sure that the LAN interface is working in "DHCP client" mode, before you change the WAN IP address.
[/quote]

I'm STILL confused about this. If the LAN address gets set by DHCP, and I set the WAN IP to a static address on my subnet (say 192.168.1.xxx), they will end up on the same subnet, which you previously posted was a big problem and will effectively brick the unit.

Furthermore - in this thread of sushi's setup instructions, he specifically says to set the WAN IP to the address on the sticker (the default LAN address) : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s1-180ghs-miner-344970
I'm sure some senior members will comment to this thread with their findings, as the equipment arrives. Just wanted to drop a note here to help at least somewhat reduce the general anxiety on the topic.

The package did get stuck into Customs, which is why the UPS guy called me. In this part of the world UPS has the permission to do the customs themselves (their warehouses are so called toll zones), but they do have to ask the customer whether I wanted to do it myself (or pay them for this as a service). I opted the UPS does customs -option, knowing I would have to otherwise produce further documentation on the value of goods etc. myself, which would ultimately delay the delivery with at least 1 day. They told me they will invoice the shipment customs from me, but I did not ask at that point what was going to be the total amount. I can post the sum when I receive their invoice. (Yes, I was asked for ID when picking up the shipment.)

I will post some more pictures (to the other thread at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announcement-bitmain-launches-antminer-solution-068-jgh-on-chip-330665 ...), after I've actually connected the device and have it running.

Thanks for taking the time for your post!
I'm sure some senior members will comment to this thread with their findings, as the equipment arrives. Just wanted to drop a note here to help at least somewhat reduce the general anxiety on the topic.

The package did get stuck into Customs, which is why the UPS guy called me. In this part of the world UPS has the permission to do the customs themselves (their warehouses are so called toll zones), but they do have to ask the customer whether I wanted to do it myself (or pay them for this as a service). I opted the UPS does customs -option, knowing I would have to otherwise produce further documentation on the value of goods etc. myself, which would ultimately delay the delivery with at least 1 day. They told me they will invoice the shipment customs from me, but I did not ask at that point what was going to be the total amount. I can post the sum when I receive their invoice. (Yes, I was asked for ID when picking up the shipment.)

I will post some more pictures (to the other thread at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announcement-bitmain-launches-antminer-solution-068-jgh-on-chip-330665 ...), after I've actually connected the device and have it running.
Activity: 362
Hello,

I was one of the winners of the first batch auction. It was about exactly 72 hours ago that I sent the BTCs according to my winning bid to BITMAIN in China. This morning, UPS contacted me on the arrival of my package here in Northern Europe, probably the very first unit on the "old continent".

what about the customs?
was there some additional charge?
thank you,
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
still prefer to see a pic from a senior member.

next time taking a photo, get a piece of paper and hand write you member name with "this is for you merv77" on it.

get the picture  Wink
Activity: 420
Hello,

I was one of the winners of the first batch auction. It was about exactly 72 hours ago that I sent the BTCs according to my winning bid to BITMAIN in China. This morning, UPS contacted me on the arrival of my package here in Northern Europe, probably the very first unit on the "old continent".

Here's a link to the picture (I did a favour and actually opened the box for you, too):

https://app.younited.com/?shareObject=82dc5ac0-34d7-4431-13de-116ae719adfe

Say what you will about the Company, but I consider this nothing but an impeccable delivery (and even more so, a delivery over the weekend!) That said, I haven't yet deployed the AntMiner, but will proceed to do so next.

Bitmain might be "slightly overrun" by the onslaught of incoming e-mails and PMs currently - and it does not help to really post multiple messages about one thing in every thread you can find.

It does seem that they do deliver.

Funny, best way to handle being overrun by basic questions is to, hold on, answer the questions!  People are asking the same questions over and over and the only thing Bitmain is responding about is their auctions.  Gets irritating.
Pages:
Jump to: