Pages:
Author

Topic: AUGMENTORS GAME Augmented Reality Mobile Gaming iOS Android Token DTB Databits - page 65. (Read 136183 times)

legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

it is a Counterparty Token and a counterparty wallet needet, how to take part of ICO with XCP?

thx
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Augmentors will be the nice game, i like this game characters and hope that this ico be will be successful. I want to play this game!
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

Could be paid by the devs to publish.

At this stage we need a statement from the team to clarify scam suspicions...

There is a bounty for articles (you can claim it, too, as well as other bounties), but the article was truthful, and I am reasonably certain Augmentors isn't a scam. They know the Spells of Genesis guys/Vanbex community, and I'm very familiar with that crowd, and they do legitimate business. Augmentors also has the Gyft guy as an advisor.

The bounty also pays in Databits at the same time as ICO investors get theirs (IIRC), so if everybody else gets nothing, then I get nothing. I think they're probably going to build the game as promised, though.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
i have to admit i really like this one, i am personally still just trying to find the situation of a failure where i can still win here, but those terms, i just dont see it sadly Sad
the ONLY way to win here for investors seems to be the complete and total success, but hey even then after release "they may just abandon it" at any whim at no notice or breaking of any terms :/
sure i can BELIEVE they will finish it, but the TERMS make it so it dosent matter to them, i take ALL the risk, they get ALL the reward (fail or not :/)

cant do it man, not me, good luck guys, surely there will be atleast one pump people can exit in profits at, hopefully...

Seems like your english isn't very good so trying to understand.

The terms in my opinion are just to protect the founders in any event/outcome. I don't blame them considering people will invest regardless, you might as-well try and protect yourself as best as possible. Likewise a-lot of the stuff was to cover regulatory issues.

As I've said to a-lot of people most ICO's and cryptocurrencies are done on good faith. It's at the core of a-lot of things. I agree you take the risk but that's part of investing. I do see where you're coming from though. Unfortunately or fortunately that's one of the elements of crowdfunding. If you were a VC you'd probably have a-lot more negotiating power.

Likewise I disagree with the binary of it's either going to succeed massively or not. Look at past similar crowd-funds (SoG & Beyond The Void) both relative successes before their products had even come out. Similarly blockchain collectables like "PEPE" haven't even required mass adoption to be a 'success'. In my opinion mass adoption in a global market is just one opportunity for this to be massive but it could easily be a success just amongst the community here (believe it or not). Either through engagement, speculation, hype etc etc. I'm not getting into this publicly, I think people need to wise up a little.

ooo nice ad homen personal attacks a sure fire way to make sure i personally dont touch this shit
you can ALWAYS tell when a person attacks personally a project that has no way anything to do with the projects, that is toxic community, and i personally will have no part of
childish games to try make people do what you guys want, what a joke.
thx for pushing away an investor, more for you? haha , idiot...
Not a penny from me!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Are tokens sent at the end of the ICO or something?

Yes they will be distributed at the end of it.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Well, maybe I was wrong with my assumption this is just a scam. Slack looks good and I think there might be a chance this will actually be finished into a great game. We will see...

Nice image, can you post more? This is what might actually undermine their credibility. I really wonder why they don't post more...
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
how will the unsold token be solved finally? will they be destroyed ?
the unsold tokens are supposed to be burned
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006
No probs.

The short answer to your question is: I don't expect to have that level of development presented in ICO like this.

I don't know if you meant this question with regards to 'proof' or from a point of analysing the effectiveness or otherwise of the code. I only mention this as you previously questioned whether funds were actually being invested. Not trying to be rude and it's certainly a good thing to ask questions Smiley

I believe parts of the code/imagery have been developed already. As I said I rarely see an ICO with more than a proof-of-concept. Normally because the funding is required to fund the development of the project. In this sense any additional content/context such as pictures/videos as you've mentioned is useful.

I agree the more of the finished product released could bolster investors interest. I would imagine there may also be disadvantage with releasing unfinished code as-well though. Either way I'm happy with the current progress of things so I have no reason to request such things.

Lastly I'd note the Slack is useful in communicating with the developers and the rest of the team. They have on occasion posted pictures of game development. See below:

Huh, one picture is worth thousand words Smiley
As soon as I saw that picture, I immediately wanted to go to site and invest, and hardly forced myself not to do it right now (just because as I don't like doing something on a momentary impulse).

I imagine what will happen is they release some animations! I agree code is not that convincing (maximum I can do is to evaluate the quality of the piece of code, if it is developed on a language familiar to me), but a real 3D animation (especially with ability to control) could be extremely compelling, moreover people like flashy things a lot Smiley. I am sure it may make wonders to funding.

Anyway, thanks for your time and help! I know going to Slack could be the best option, but I really dislike Slack, and chat stuff in general... That's my problem, I know, not being communicative enough Smiley

It looks really interesting and certainly strengthens their desire to participate and invest some money in the development of this game. In principle, the share of risk is in any ICO, but AUGMENTORS game could become quite popular and bring good returns. Risk is good within reasonable limits, and limits of the risk here is not very big.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
how will the unsold token be solved finally? will they be destroyed ?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Google sheet needs an update. I can´t find my name on the list.

This was said yesterday so some time about now should be sheets beside twitter one updated.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 589

Please go to this thread to ask about the signature campaign or social campaign.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/augmentors-signiture-campaign-post-1766545
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
Are tokens sent at the end of the ICO or something?
Activity: 722
i have to admit i really like this one, i am personally still just trying to find the situation of a failure where i can still win here, but those terms, i just dont see it sadly Sad
the ONLY way to win here for investors seems to be the complete and total success, but hey even then after release "they may just abandon it" at any whim at no notice or breaking of any terms :/
sure i can BELIEVE they will finish it, but the TERMS make it so it dosent matter to them, i take ALL the risk, they get ALL the reward (fail or not :/)

cant do it man, not me, good luck guys, surely there will be atleast one pump people can exit in profits at, hopefully...

Seems like your english isn't very good so trying to understand.

The terms in my opinion are just to protect the founders in any event/outcome. I don't blame them considering people will invest regardless, you might as-well try and protect yourself as best as possible. Likewise a-lot of the stuff was to cover regulatory issues.

As I've said to a-lot of people most ICO's and cryptocurrencies are done on good faith. It's at the core of a-lot of things. I agree you take the risk but that's part of investing. I do see where you're coming from though. Unfortunately or fortunately that's one of the elements of crowdfunding. If you were a VC you'd probably have a-lot more negotiating power.

Likewise I disagree with the binary of it's either going to succeed massively or not. Look at past similar crowd-funds (SoG & Beyond The Void) both relative successes before their products had even come out. Similarly blockchain collectables like "PEPE" haven't even required mass adoption to be a 'success'. In my opinion mass adoption in a global market is just one opportunity for this to be massive but it could easily be a success just amongst the community here (believe it or not). Either through engagement, speculation, hype etc etc. I'm not getting into this publicly, I think people need to wise up a little.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
If I decide to buy a second package, or different package, can I use the same email and counterwallet address?

Technically you can, but if you lets say buy 2 packages that will give you premium access you might rather put them on two wallets and latter on sell one wallet to some player that will miss ICO.  Maybe you wil be able to do this no matter if you get both packages on one wallet.  So answer is YES . Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
No probs.

The short answer to your question is: I don't expect to have that level of development presented in ICO like this.

I don't know if you meant this question with regards to 'proof' or from a point of analysing the effectiveness or otherwise of the code. I only mention this as you previously questioned whether funds were actually being invested. Not trying to be rude and it's certainly a good thing to ask questions Smiley

I believe parts of the code/imagery have been developed already. As I said I rarely see an ICO with more than a proof-of-concept. Normally because the funding is required to fund the development of the project. In this sense any additional content/context such as pictures/videos as you've mentioned is useful.

I agree the more of the finished product released could bolster investors interest. I would imagine there may also be disadvantage with releasing unfinished code as-well though. Either way I'm happy with the current progress of things so I have no reason to request such things.

Lastly I'd note the Slack is useful in communicating with the developers and the rest of the team. They have on occasion posted pictures of game development. See below:

Huh, one picture is worth thousand words Smiley
As soon as I saw that picture, I immediately wanted to go to site and invest, and hardly forced myself not to do it right now (just because as I don't like doing something on a momentary impulse).

I imagine what will happen is they release some animations! I agree code is not that convincing (maximum I can do is to evaluate the quality of the piece of code, if it is developed on a language familiar to me), but a real 3D animation (especially with ability to control) could be extremely compelling, moreover people like flashy things a lot Smiley. I am sure it may make wonders to funding.

Anyway, thanks for your time and help! I know going to Slack could be the best option, but I really dislike Slack, and chat stuff in general... That's my problem, I know, not being communicative enough Smiley
Activity: 711
can the dev/signature manager update the signature and avatar bounties ? since i use the avatar but in the spreadsheet that said i dont use an avatar

i just look into the spreadsheet that there is no update until now, and the plan is for next update was 2 february but now its 5 february and no update

Thanks a lot guys, @CryptoMrM and @stereotype, thats really helpful.

There is just one more question raised by @stereotype post... I exactly had an impression this is a game project at the start of journey, as I have not seen any 3D animation or such parts of the game released for public to get some feeling of the game. The 2D pictures of characters, and two videos are not telling me much, as that could be done by painter and video artist, without any real 3D rendering.
So when you tell this game project has a lot already, do mean there are real things to look at - such as parts of source code, some 3D animated user controlled flash pieces or .3DS files? Or you base on the pictures and videos only? BTW, it could be helpful to tell the developers to release few working pieces, so people get the feeling there is something already achieved during the pre-alpha stage... This could tremendously help with investments, I suppose.

No probs.

Well said. Nice observations.

For me, the risk/reward ratio is good on this one, not just for the valid points above, but also because of the work already gone into it, together with the stated intention to release an alpha in 3 months. This is not a game project at the start of its journey. Therefore a large amount of risk has been removed or reduced, already. I would avoid like the plague if this was just starting, as the percentage of newly born game projects that go on to release, is small.
Also, it would not be absolutely correct to approach this in the same way as coin release, where extra features, and updates, and news, etc. deciding what value it has at any given time. For me, its binary....it gets released within 6 months, and is used by thousands, or it does not. Stress-free gambling works for me.  

Why thank you Smiley

I'm slightly less binary especially in the short/mid term. Not going to get into all of it here though.
Pages:
Jump to: