Pages:
Author

Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread - page 11. (Read 43608 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2013, 07:02:06 PM
I opened a ticket and sent an email to [email protected] to get an official answer.

Good Luck with that.

That's more or less my thoughts too, they aren't known for their communication skills, are they? I suppose if I don't get an answer this week, I'll send 2 boards blindly and hope for the best.

i think you are way too late for the trade-in.
Activity: 896
July 17, 2013, 04:11:25 PM
I opened a ticket and sent an email to [email protected] to get an official answer.

Good Luck with that.

That's more or less my thoughts too, they aren't known for their communication skills, are they? I suppose if I don't get an answer this week, I'll send 2 boards blindly and hope for the best.
July 17, 2013, 12:02:46 PM
If I can get some additional Icarus boards, what will be if I send it to trade-in address now? It completely useless but I not want lost it by sending to nonfunctional address. Who knows, given trade-in address is real Avalon team address or it is some mediator and it's address can be changed/removed anytime?

Trade in program is closed as far as I know.

Reference?

Check last update.  He said the list has been obtained and cleaned up.  It sort of implies an irreversible step, no?
Just like no refunds once b3 enters "shipping" stage, it is reasonable to assume no trade-ins after trade-ins are in processing.

Otherwise, it would add extra work for both Mr. Chen and Yifu.  I might be wrong but I think they operate in waterfall fashion.
If they did not, they would have kept orders and trade-ins open at all times.  Sort of like BFL.

I'm not sure of anything about this: wouldn't it be expected from Avalon to get an official message out saying "stop sending us Icarus boards, if we get one after , we won't process it for trade-in"? If Avalon didn't have an history of fuzzy rules about trade-in, I wouldn't even ask questions: no official deadline would mean that there isn't any deadline yet.
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
July 17, 2013, 10:48:30 AM
I believe in a previous PM I had with Yifu, he acknowledged that they would honor trade-in credit for the devices as best as they are able. I doubt they are going to give you the same original base price for the trade-ins as Batch #2.

However, that being said, if Yifu/ngzhang would have offered a trade-in program for Batch #1, I'm pretty sure a number of us posting in this thread would have done that one, too, that's part of the reason why they are are honoring the pricing. They know we would have participated in Batch #1. In fact, I had considered selling my Icarus to purchase some Batch #1 miners straight up. Hindsight being 20/20, that would have clearly have been the better decision.

Please let me know if you guys that have paid start to get shipping notices or status changes on your trade-ins.
July 17, 2013, 07:04:57 AM
Let's see what happened in my case :
  • I missed the batch1 ordering like many others
  • I waited for the trade-in program and missed the first wave of batch2 orders doing so
  • I didn't see any sign of the trade-in program and hastily got one order in the second wave of batch2 orders (just got it yesterday although it was expected in April initially and I paid 55+BTC for it)
  • Then I waited to confirm that there was indeed still a trade-in program, this was confirmed last week

There was newsletter with informations where to send tradeins in mid April. At your position I would contact Avalon if they will honour your tradein still before sending anything to them. There was a guy from batch#1 who paid his order months later - read his story somewhere on this board.

That would seem wise at this point, will do (now hunting for contacts).
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
July 17, 2013, 06:56:54 AM
  • I waited for the trade-in program and missed the first wave of batch2 orders doing so
  • I didn't see any sign of the trade-in program and hastily got one order in the second wave of batch2 orders (just got it yesterday although it was expected in April initially and I paid 55+BTC for it)
  • Then I waited to confirm that there was indeed still a trade-in program, this was confirmed last week

There was newsletter with informations where to send tradeins in mid April. At your position I would contact Avalon if they will honour your tradein still before sending anything to them. There was a guy from batch#1 who paid his order months later - read his story somewhere on this board.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
July 15, 2013, 10:13:17 AM
if anyone is in California and wants to sell their Avalons unboxed on arrival, i'll pay $3000 cash for each.

and I want a pony  Wink
July 17, 2013, 06:51:45 AM
Reference?
I've tried to follow what happens in the trade-in program since the beginning and I've not seen any indication that it was closed. I've kept my Icarus because the trade-in process was fuzzy at best but I'm about to send some right now as there's been report of progress (one user with a reply from Avalon)...

So you didint want to take a risk, yet you want Avalon at funny price ? I doubt they will honour your order.

Funny price? I don't expect special treatment: I'll pay the same price than everyone else in the trade-in program (if indeed there's still one).

There shouldn't be any risk out of the ordinary involved with a trade-in program. I would have sent my boards earlier if I had understood what was going on.

Activity: 204
Merit: 100
July 17, 2013, 06:37:17 AM
Reference?
I've tried to follow what happens in the trade-in program since the beginning and I've not seen any indication that it was closed. I've kept my Icarus because the trade-in process was fuzzy at best but I'm about to send some right now as there's been report of progress (one user with a reply from Avalon)...

So you didint want to take a risk, yet you want Avalon at funny price ? I doubt they will honour your order.
July 17, 2013, 06:32:32 AM
If I can get some additional Icarus boards, what will be if I send it to trade-in address now? It completely useless but I not want lost it by sending to nonfunctional address. Who knows, given trade-in address is real Avalon team address or it is some mediator and it's address can be changed/removed anytime?

Reference?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
July 17, 2013, 06:02:40 AM

I'm surprised it was open to customers who did not order from ngzhang directly, but whatever....

My status: Apr 23rd trade-in, no email, no order, no response to ticket #961 (created on June 12th, 2013 Wink)

I was surprised too. But as you say, whatever. In other news, it appears the Avalon store website is experiencing some technical difficulties. Just 2 minutes ago I decided to do my usual F5 ritual (to check to see if the order status has changed at all) and I got a "server error" with the following error code: 500.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
July 17, 2013, 04:00:35 AM

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 17, 2013, 02:02:11 AM
still no email ,no order im my store account
July 17, 2013, 01:36:27 AM
July 17, 2013, 01:30:33 AM
My support ticket is #1357.
Activity: 25
July 16, 2013, 11:42:46 PM
I find the treatment of trade in customers shameful. There is really no excuse for such poor communication and customer service.
Activity: 22
July 16, 2013, 05:45:03 PM
No mail....no payment address for trade in ticket #985

Activity: 924
July 16, 2013, 04:31:25 PM
still no trade-in or batch #3 update.  tues 7/16/2013

Yifu you should make trade-ins your #1 priority.

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
Pages:
Jump to: