Pages:
Author

Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread - page 7. (Read 43606 times)

yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
August 19, 2013, 07:49:51 PM
Maybe the only reason for the trade in program was that they needed our FPGAs for the control units  Grin
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
August 19, 2013, 10:34:18 AM
I am usually a calm and pretty laid-back guy but this is seriously testing my fucking patience! (pardon my french) Yifu (and the rest of the Avalon team), why you gotta treat your loyal customers like shit? Either send our units soon before they are totally worthless or send us back our Icarus/Lacellot units. For those of us who were foolish enough to pay you right away,how about you refund us? Do you think it's fair that all of us paid $250+ to ship you the FPGA units right away thinking you'd promptly deliver on your promises only so that you can turn around and screw us with delays and lack of communication? If you were in our shoes would you want to be treated this way? If you have any honor you'd do right by your loyal customers (who funded your little adventure), otherwise you're really nothing more than just an amateurish douchebag who can't act like an adult and take responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

If you want us to fuck off at the very least have the balls to tell us and then promptly return our property (icarus boards or btc payed to you) and we can all go our own separate ways. Many of us are loyal to your team but you are trampling over whatever respect and loyalty we have for you. You are not the hottest flavor of the month anymore so stop acting like you're too important to talk to us.

Agreed. We've been abused by Yifu & Company. I gave them a glowing review at the time they first announced their first batch. The only reason I didn't buy in the first batch was because I *did* have trade-ins. Now look at how we're being treated. Send back our Icarus or give us a refund.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
August 06, 2013, 01:14:34 PM
Daddy, are we there yet? :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368578/

For those (Yifu and friends) that already forgot April 15th, 2013 Avalon email update.  Here it is:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are ramping up and the shipping of batch two has indeed begun, albeit not up to speed, we expect this situation to improve in a week or so once the equipment finish installing and the new, additional crew get use to the process. we are in also the process of merging many earlier problematic orders, if your order still does not show up in the store by Friday of the 19th please open another ticket.

Those who wish to trade in your FPGA generation Icarus or Lancelot: it is time to package and RMA those units back to us.

The address to sent

Mr. Chen Xuyi
    Xin Zhong Fa Dian Zi Shi Chang, 2319#
    Zhong Guan Cun Da Jie 32 Beijing Hai Dian
    China

or in chinese

陈旭宜
    新中发电子市场,2319#
    北京海淀区中关村大街32号
    +86 13801156072

State on the Box this is a Icarus/Lancelot RMA, in the box include your contact information (name, email is a must!), once received we'll get in touch with you.

On to chip sales which has been updated.

Due to overwhelming demand, we are going to gauge interest on a smaller 2 module version of the Avalon unit that's effectively half of a Avalon original in size, and greater than 45Gh/s in performance.

As per usual the price of the unit is determined by the following equation.
mining_difficulty * ( 1 + number_of_month_in_lead_time) over a 30 day period on the unit's hashing power. to those interested, here is the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rJJniFiYn0XMPZVKVni86xBvSTylWw0fv1c1zAfuR68/viewform

p.s. here's a picture of our new case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
August 19, 2013, 04:46:41 AM
I am usually a calm and pretty laid-back guy but this is seriously testing my fucking patience! (pardon my french) Yifu (and the rest of the Avalon team), why you gotta treat your loyal customers like shit? Either send our units soon before they are totally worthless or send us back our Icarus/Lacellot units. For those of us who were foolish enough to pay you right away,how about you refund us? Do you think it's fair that all of us paid $250+ to ship you the FPGA units right away thinking you'd promptly deliver on your promises only so that you can turn around and screw us with delays and lack of communication? If you were in our shoes would you want to be treated this way? If you have any honor you'd do right by your loyal customers (who funded your little adventure), otherwise you're really nothing more than just an amateurish douchebag who can't act like an adult and take responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

If you want us to fuck off at the very least have the balls to tell us and then promptly return our property (icarus boards or btc payed to you) and we can all go our own separate ways. Many of us are loyal to your team but you are trampling over whatever respect and loyalty we have for you. You are not the hottest flavor of the month anymore so stop acting like you're too important to talk to us.

+1

But maybe we can use our "RMA-credits" for Next Gen (Zhang) Avalon hardware ?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
August 19, 2013, 02:39:08 AM

yxt
legendary
August 17, 2013, 02:34:18 PM
@greaterninja

why are your wasting your time Huh
They simply do not want.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2013, 01:27:56 PM
BEING PROCESSED
Trade-ins Please Sir ADD to Store Account #1476
Created on Tue, Aug 13 at 10:15 AM
BEING PROCESSED
Sir Please Add Trade-In to Store #1454
Created on Tue, Aug 6 at 12:21 PM
BEING PROCESSED
TRADE-IN NOT IN STORE YET #1453
Created on Tue, Aug 6 at 12:20 PM
BEING PROCESSED
TRADE-IN NOT IN STORE YET #1452
Created on Tue, Aug 6 at 12:20 PM
BEING PROCESSED
TRADE-IN NOT IN STORE YET #1451
Created on Tue, Aug 6 at 12:19 PM
BEING PROCESSED
TRADE-IN NOT IN STORE YET #1450
Created on Tue, Aug 6 at 12:18 PM
BEING PROCESSED
Sir Please Add Trade-In to Store #1424
Created on Tue, Jul 30 at 2:50 PM
BEING PROCESSED
TRADE-IN NOT IN STORE YET #1409
Created on Wed, Jul 24 at 11:53 AM
BEING PROCESSED
TRADE-IN NOT IN STORE YET #1408
Created on Wed, Jul 24 at 11:51 AM
BEING PROCESSED
Hello Sir, Please add my trade-in to my store account. #1351
Created on Mon, Jul 15 at 11:01 AM
« Previous 1 2 Next »
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
August 17, 2013, 01:12:41 PM
Yifu makes me remebered Nefario, the guys ran GLBSE. Started as a hero, ended as a scammer.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
August 17, 2013, 11:44:05 AM
It's too late now to be worth it anyway.

By now I just want them to pay me for my Icarus boards. But I have no illusions that they actually will...
yxt
legendary
August 17, 2013, 11:05:07 AM
no mail, nothing added to my account.  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1064
August 17, 2013, 10:55:12 AM
Im waiting you handle 3 trade ins that are in my name.

damn, who are we dealing with here?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 15, 2013, 07:02:05 AM

Batch #3 and chips guys got the biggest shaft from this guy.  We lost boards, few coins in mining which is relatively small loss.
Well, you probably lost a bit more since you paid this guy BTC16-17/board.

Until Yifu processes and ships (or refunds), everyone has not received anything is equally shafted.  It just happens that B3 refunders are shafted in 75 and 100BTC chunks and chip orders are shafted in 780 sized chunks.  I think chip orders will ship.  Who knows about refunds.
August 15, 2013, 04:31:50 AM
8/15/2013;  trade-ins still have not been added to my account.
Tickets# 1476, 1454, 1453, 1452, 1451, 1450, 1424, 1409, 1408, 1351

sent yifu emails; texted him, called him, pm'd him on forum.  no response.
legendary
August 15, 2013, 02:51:04 AM
Hey, at least you didn't actually pay them yet!

I guess they're going to wait and ship them when they know these miners will never reach ROI.

Either they mine the units or don't have any.

If they don't process these trade-ins soon, for $1500 you can get 3 H-boards from bitfury which
would give you 75GH/s and pull less power than a bulky Avalon box. 
The M-boards are expandable to 400 GH/s.

The question of course is: will bitfury ship their kits in August, if they do, I think we should all ask for refund/return of boards and go with bitfury instead.

I agree. But if they can't even reply to our support tickets what makes you think they will even get around to giving us a refund or return our FPGA boards. Has everyone that requested a batch3 refund received their funds back? Last I heard they were slow to process batch 3 refunds too.

On a side note, you can't buy bitfury h-boards for August delivery anymore but you're still better off buying even Oct delivery units than waiting for our trade-in units to arrive.

legendary
August 14, 2013, 09:39:22 PM
"Being Processed since last 31 days 15 hrs"

At least you have an order  Smiley  Most of us are kept in the dark...No orders, no email, no PM, nada, zip...

I still cannot believe that someone like Yifu cannot find 2 minutes in his busy schedule to post in this trade-in specific forum about
the progress/status of this program.  He mentioned he only has trade-ins on his plate now.  

Hard to believe he would scam us like that.  They delivered 1000s of Avalons, but still, his silence since April about trade-in orders
is puzzling.

ticket# 961

Hey, at least you didn't actually pay them yet!

I guess they're going to wait and ship them when they know these miners will never reach ROI.

legendary
August 14, 2013, 10:48:40 AM
"Being Processed since last 31 days 15 hrs"

donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
August 13, 2013, 08:06:24 PM
I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. No word back from them, I was told to pay for my tradeins. Still no shipment or response. Lost about 3 BTC or so per Icarus in addition to that. Obviously quite upset.

"Incoming Avalon news" was obviously a huge disappointment. They are shipping nothing to folks like myself.

EDIT:
Total losses estimated at 33 BTC
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
August 13, 2013, 01:13:15 PM
no trade-in posted in my account

Ticket #1051
August 13, 2013, 02:43:57 AM
I'm still hoping...

8/12/13  still no trade-in posted to my account :/