Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 53. (Read 438516 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 08, 2013, 09:13:46 PM
if you want i can help you with teamviewer and update your firmware
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Fight fire with photos.
November 08, 2013, 08:43:30 PM
Are you new to mining and Avalons? It kind of sounds like you are.

You should connect to your Avalon's and assign a static IP within your own network and make sure you assign the correct Gateway IP and DNS (usually it's 8.8.8.Cool otherwise they won't hash.

As soon as you log into your Avalon go to the CGminer Status link and you'll see the Firmware revision number.

A good firmware to get is from CK it ends in 0821

Yes, I am new to mining with Avalons. I did connect to the avalon and assign it a static IP and it did work for about 20 minutes. I unplugged it an literally moved it 2 feet and plugged it back in (same network cable and power cord) and it wouldn't reconnect and mine. I could still however get to its web based browser from another computer in the building so I know its connected to the internet.

Thanks for the info about the firmware, I still dont get WHICH file I'm supposed to download to update it. Its currently running 20130723.

To solve my networking problem, I used DHCP at the advice of an other forum member. Go to Network>Interfaces Where it says LAN, click edit. Under protocol change static IP to DHCP client. It will assign an IP address to the miner, you'll just have to discover what that is. For my wireless network, I was able to look at connected devices under my router's management page. I'm not sure how you'd find yours. But this worked like a charm for me. This new IP is what you'll use to connect to the configuration page for your miner.

EDIT: To flash firmware, download the firmware (for example, this is Avalon's most recent), then in your miner's management page go to system>backup/flash firmware. Then browse for it and flash the image.
Activity: 440
November 08, 2013, 07:19:32 PM

You should connect to your Avalon's and assign a static IP within your own network and make sure you assign the correct Gateway IP and DNS (usually it's 8.8.8.Cool otherwise they won't hash.

As soon as you log into your Avalon go to the CGminer Status link and you'll see the Firmware revision number.

Yes, I am new to mining with Avalons. I did connect to the avalon and assign it a static IP and it did work for about 20 minutes. I unplugged it an literally moved it 2 feet and plugged it back in (same network cable and power cord) and it wouldn't reconnect and mine. I could still however get to its web based browser from another computer in the building so I know its connected to the internet.

Thanks for the info about the firmware, I still dont get WHICH file I'm supposed to download to update it. Its currently running 20130723.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
November 08, 2013, 07:10:23 PM
Are you sure you have your worker setup at the pool and it matches with worker name and password in cgminer? If not you can get the issue you refer to.

I'm positive. It was mining for about 20 minutes then I decided to move it. Nothing since then and none of the settings have been changed. I've power cycled it dozens of times and it doesnt help.

I'm going to take 2 of them home and fool with them over the weekend. I hope to find a simple solution and will post it in this thread if I figure it out.

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming. Smiley

Does it mine if you return it to the previously successful location?
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
November 08, 2013, 07:08:24 PM
Are you sure you have your worker setup at the pool and it matches with worker name and password in cgminer? If not you can get the issue you refer to.

I'm positive. It was mining for about 20 minutes then I decided to move it. Nothing since then and none of the settings have been changed. I've power cycled it dozens of times and it doesnt help.

I'm going to take 2 of them home and fool with them over the weekend. I hope to find a simple solution and will post it in this thread if I figure it out.

November 08, 2013, 06:18:33 PM

Activity: 446
November 08, 2013, 06:09:04 PM
Hey all.

I've totally managed to confuse myself. I just received 4 60gh avalons and I cant get them to mine. I had one of them running just fine but then I unplugged it to move it to its final location and it wont mine now. I'm getting "connection refused" in the cgminer status page.

I'm assuming this might mean I need to update the firmware but I dont know which file to chose and I really done want to brick any of these things.

They were purchased from Avalon 2 weeks ago so I would assume that the firmware is relatively new, no?

Maybe I'm missing something?? I've read this thread (various pages) but am not seeing any help.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

its not online. get it off wifi and put it on lan to save you some reliability.

I've got both of them on the LAN. I dont have wi-fi in the building.

I can reach them via the browser so I know I have that part set right.

How do I...

1, figure out what firmware they are running
2, pick from the huge list of files to update them if they need it? That firmware pages has dozens of files to choose from.

November 08, 2013, 05:34:48 PM
Hey all.

I've totally managed to confuse myself. I just received 4 60gh avalons and I cant get them to mine. I had one of them running just fine but then I unplugged it to move it to its final location and it wont mine now. I'm getting "connection refused" in the cgminer status page.

I'm assuming this might mean I need to update the firmware but I dont know which file to chose and I really done want to brick any of these things.

They were purchased from Avalon 2 weeks ago so I would assume that the firmware is relatively new, no?

Maybe I'm missing something?? I've read this thread (various pages) but am not seeing any help.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

I've got both of them on the LAN. I dont have wi-fi in the building.

I can reach them via the browser so I know I have that part set right.

How do I...

1, figure out what firmware they are running
2, pick from the huge list of files to update them if they need it? That firmware pages has dozens of files to choose from.
Activity: 294
November 08, 2013, 05:31:37 PM
Hey all.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

November 08, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
Hey all.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!
November 08, 2013, 03:55:18 PM
last week on my Avalon the PSU died
if I renember correctly Avalon have given 1 year warranty
has anybody experience to share how to to make demands on warranty?
TIA

lol avalon dont know warranty. i ask and answer buy a new one for one mini defective. i send 4 email for obtain this answer

for me i never buy avalon again.

and their sell old 4 modules used. i receive 3 and only one b3. 2 other is old B2 and when i open door you can see it s not new.

avalon is not serieous like bfl
November 08, 2013, 03:35:02 PM
TIA

Go buy a PSU and switch it.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
November 08, 2013, 03:21:57 PM
TIA
November 08, 2013, 02:12:56 PM
What's the purpose of having multiple pools configured ? Is that in case one or two losea connection? Or is there another reason?

pool dead
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Fight fire with photos.
November 08, 2013, 01:33:20 PM
What's the purpose of having multiple pools configured ? Is that in case one or two losea connection? Or is there another reason?
Activity: 294
November 08, 2013, 08:39:13 AM
are there any cron job pro's in this thread? i was thinking of every ten hours, pause cgminer for 5 minutes. just to let fans cool the chips off completely.. (to save hardware and preventing house from burning up from non-CE compliant hardware).
Ideas? i'll ask some sysadmins i know, or dust off my old skills if no answer.

Break for 1 minute, every three hours:
0 */3 * * * /etc/init.d/cgminer stop
1 */3 * * * /etc/init.d/cgminer start

(if you like longer pauses, do every 10 hours maybe, you can do both:)
0 */10 * * * /etc/init.d/cgminer stop
5 */10 * * * /etc/init.d/cgminer start
November 08, 2013, 08:33:41 AM
[Device Hardware%] => 1.2546

[Device Hardware%] => 1.5117

[Device Hardware%] => 1.5826

[Device Hardware%] => 1.8470

yes CK firmware i only use --quiet

Try it with your count at 24 see if that makes and difference.

i do when i m back to home

here temperature 13c and night is 9°c

EDIT: best perf with my setup Totals (All Active Workers)   701.51 GH/s   only with Avalon
November 08, 2013, 07:55:47 AM
It looks like temperature is everything here. Its a 2 degrees celsius here (feeling like -2) and my Mini's temps are much lower thus as you will see the HW% has dropped by 0.2% as normally its 0.8 something.

Here's what my Mini is setup and hashing at:

Here is the API Log to confirm the HW%:

November 08, 2013, 07:42:27 AM
[Device Hardware%] => 1.2546

[Device Hardware%] => 1.5117

[Device Hardware%] => 1.5826

[Device Hardware%] => 1.8470

yes CK firmware i only use --quiet

Try it with your count at 24 see if that makes and difference.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
November 08, 2013, 06:20:02 AM
zerocode: Did you get your machines working through direct USB ?. Can you please post a reply with details of the process ?. Did you use Zadig to install WinUSB ?(was it the latest version).

FWIW, I tried driving my Redhash unit over USB/Zadig with CGMiner, and it produced an undesirable amount of duplicate shares compared to running off the TP-Link's firmware. Not sure what I was doing wrong Sad

This sounds like the results I was getting with cgminer 3.7.* , try version 3.6.6.
Pages:
Jump to: