Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon2 based miner from Technobit - HEX16A2 - page 3. (Read 33473 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
./autogen.sh --ENABALE-HEXMINER-BOARDS-ONLY
Remove bitfury and Avalon and whatever else is there if you want USB Fury sticks from technobit --enable-hexmineru

Maybe 2GOOD needs support for other decices.
I need bitfury driver for my BiFury usb sticks.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
./autogen.sh --ENABALE-HEXMINER-BOARDS-ONLY
Remove bitfury and Avalon and whatever else is there if you want USB Fury sticks from technobit --enable-hexmineru
Activity: 3
Everything seems fine, anyway you should try the latest version from here:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git
cd cgminer
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8082585/cg/b535bc08267aef90511afff23cb9ec48c4a6a704.patch
git checkout b535bc08267aef90511afff23cb9ec48c4a6a704
patch -p1 < b535bc08267aef90511afff23cb9ec48c4a6a704.patch
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-bitfury --enable-hexminerc
make

P.S.
===
The board need 12V, i.e. the Yellow cord from the PSU Smiley

Thanks, but when I run make I'm getting the following error:

Code:
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_close':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:288: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_cancel'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:295: undefined reference to `mcp2210_set_gpio_settings'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_set_spi_settings':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:313: undefined reference to `mcp2210_set_spi_transfer_settings'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_detect_one':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:325: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_settings'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:342: undefined reference to `mcp2210_set_gpio_settings'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:366: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_cancel'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:348: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pindirs'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:353: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinvals'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:358: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pindes'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:368: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_spi_transfer_settings'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:381: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_transfer'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:385: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinval'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:396: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_transfer'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:400: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinval'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:411: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_transfer'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:413: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinval'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_reinit':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:300: undefined reference to `spi_clear_buf'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:301: undefined reference to `spi_add_break'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:302: undefined reference to `spi_set_freq'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:303: undefined reference to `spi_send_conf'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:304: undefined reference to `spi_send_init'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:305: undefined reference to `spi_reset'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:306: undefined reference to `spi_txrx'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:429: undefined reference to `spi_clear_buf'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `bf1_scan':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:836: undefined reference to `decnonce'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:840: undefined reference to `bitfury_checkresults'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_scan':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:919: undefined reference to `libbitfury_sendHashData'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:917: undefined reference to `bitfury_work_to_payload'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cgminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/cgminer'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/cgminer'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've the same error.
Uncomment those lines from Makefile.am after you've applied the patch:

Code:
#if WANT_LIBBITFURY
#cgminer_SOURCES += libbitfury.c libbitfury.h mcp2210.c mcp2210.h
#endif

into:

Code:
if WANT_LIBBITFURY
cgminer_SOURCES += libbitfury.c libbitfury.h mcp2210.c mcp2210.h
endif

then

Code:
./autogen.sh --enable-bitfury --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerb --enable-hexminerc

Pay attention to enable support for hexminera/b/c or you'll have other compiling errors.
Bye
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Hi

I have a big problem.
I have 5 miners and all of them work fine IF a let them work one by one...even two together work fine.
BUT.....

If i want to let 3 miners work together, the PSU crashes.

The miners, the hub and the MR-3020 are ALL conected to the same PSU-Molex cable-tree.
The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

Can it be that the PSU is too old even it has NEW 550W?

Pls help me ..... i cann't solve this problem
what is the rating AMPS of PSU 12V rail is it a single one?

PSU-Model: pentium iv & pfc model lc6550G version 2.0

MAC DC OUTPUT:
+12V1 -> 16A
+12V2 -> 18A

I made a shortcut betwen the green and black cable to turn the PSU on without motherboard.
So
1. Chosse a single rail PSU
2. When board is OC-e it is eating about 9.5 Amps
So if i were on your shoes i will connect just two boards to this PSU when i am absolutely sure that each board is connected on a separate 12V rail. Does this explanation clears up a mastery crash;)
And do not push it to much magic smoke will come out sooner or later. I am not joking here i am serious

So you say that the PSU is too poor to run more then 2 boards at once?

Will a new PSU work better and how much power do i need to run all 5 together?

okay, its not just the PSU's fault, its also yours.
1) when you say you run 2 or even 3 boards plus other components on a single 'molex tree', are you referring to a singlular cable with multiple 4-pin molex connectors along its length?
if you are - thats problem #1. There is only a single 12V lead in that cable, meaning two things:
a) it will be tied to only one of the PSU's 12V rails. lets assume the lower, 16A: 16*12=192W. This is barely enough power for 2 units at full speed/overclock.
b) check your cable. its unsafe to pull more than 60-100w through a single 18AWG cable like your PSU probably has. You can easily melt the plastic and start fires.

2) In order to properly power more than 2 of these on your supply, you need to identify which rail supplies which 12V power cables. Usually 1 rail is dedicated to the 4/8-pin square ATX mobo plugs and the other for the PCI cables and molex accessory cables. using the above math, you can assume you have 2 rails each capable of 2 devices. You 100% will not be able to fit 5 without massive underclocking of 3 of them.

my advice: snip the heads off the PCI and ATX mobo connectors, and use a wire pair per device.
Activity: 15
Hi

I have a big problem.
I have 5 miners and all of them work fine IF a let them work one by one...even two together work fine.
BUT.....

The miners, the hub and the MR-3020 are ALL conected to the same PSU-Molex cable-tree.
The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

MAC DC OUTPUT:

Voltage 230V:
+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

Current 4A
+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

Frequency 50Hz
+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

I made a shortcut betwen the green and black cable to turn the PSU on without motherboard.
So
So if i were on your shoes i will connect just two boards to this PSU when i am absolutely sure that each board is connected on a separate 12V rail. Does this explanation clears up a mastery crash;)
And do not push it to much magic smoke will come out sooner or later. I am not joking here i am serious

Would this one do the job?

http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/v-series-psu/v1000/
Dude,

First please excuse me i just saw that it is Avalon2 boards. So i do not know what the board consumption is but i know that it is getting close to Avalon1 And definitely i say that i would not run more than two broads on this PSU. Whatever you do choose a SINGLE rail PSU. Do you know to what rails are the boards connected i guess no.. and so on

PS:

Yes it will do and you will have a room for more boards this one is too powerful.
My advise is to measure exact board consumption on 12V and choose appropriate one you can save a bug for sure. If this is not an option for you go with 1000W  Wink

I just orderd one of these PSU's and in a few hours i will try it out.
Hopefully it's gonna do the job.

Thank you very much for your help so far. I'll gonna give a feedback when it runs.
;-)

It will do the job. Just make sure you use all molex cables. Do not connect more than one miner to a single molex cable even though it has two more connectors in parallel. Unless you ought to Wink
This is the best advice here. If you  have more miners then Molex then use a ATX 4 pin extender to molex or 4 pin extender and cut the cable off one end. That way you still get 12v but it is not all on the same cable.  Even a single one can cause the molex wires to be warm.

Well....

I have the things pluged together and everything works just fine and smooth.
Two Molex-Cable and three SATA-Cables with Molex-Adapters.
Every miner has its own powercable and the cable keeps really cool.

My configuration for the miners are:
[Frequency] => 1400
[Core Voltage] => 1000
and i get
[MHS 5s] => 22.33G
[MHS av] => 21.39G

I know that i could go up to Frequency 1500 and CoreVoltage 1100, but i get not more hashes.
I need just more Watts.

Thanks for your help and advise to everybody here.

Happy mining
Activity: 49
Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

MAC DC OUTPUT:

Voltage 230V:
+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

Current 4A
+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

Frequency 50Hz
+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

So

Dude,

First please excuse me i just saw that it is Avalon2 boards. So i do not know what the board consumption is but i know that it is getting close to Avalon1 And definitely i say that i would not run more than two broads on this PSU. Whatever you do choose a SINGLE rail PSU. Do you know to what rails are the boards connected i guess no.. and so on

PS:

Yes it will do and you will have a room for more boards this one is too powerful.
My advise is to measure exact board consumption on 12V and choose appropriate one you can save a bug for sure. If this is not an option for you go with 1000W  Wink

Thank you very much for your help so far. I'll gonna give a feedback when it runs.
;-)

It will do the job. Just make sure you use all molex cables. Do not connect more than one miner to a single molex cable even though it has two more connectors in parallel. Unless you ought to Wink
This is the best advice here. If you  have more miners then Molex then use a ATX 4 pin extender to molex or 4 pin extender and cut the cable off one end. That way you still get 12v but it is not all on the same cable.  Even a single one can cause the molex wires to be warm.
legendary
Remove enable bitfury and avalon also
Activity: 809
Merit: 1008

Code:
cd cgminer
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8082585/cg/b535bc08267aef90511afff23cb9ec48c4a6a704.patch
make

P.S.
===

Thanks, but when I run make I'm getting the following error:

Code:
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_close':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:288: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_cancel'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:295: undefined reference to `mcp2210_set_gpio_settings'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_set_spi_settings':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:313: undefined reference to `mcp2210_set_spi_transfer_settings'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:325: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_settings'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:342: undefined reference to `mcp2210_set_gpio_settings'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:366: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_cancel'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:348: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pindirs'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:353: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinvals'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:358: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pindes'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:368: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_spi_transfer_settings'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:381: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_transfer'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:385: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinval'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:396: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_transfer'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:400: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinval'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:411: undefined reference to `mcp2210_spi_transfer'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:413: undefined reference to `mcp2210_get_gpio_pinval'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_reinit':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:300: undefined reference to `spi_clear_buf'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:301: undefined reference to `spi_add_break'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:302: undefined reference to `spi_set_freq'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:303: undefined reference to `spi_send_conf'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:304: undefined reference to `spi_send_init'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:305: undefined reference to `spi_reset'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:306: undefined reference to `spi_txrx'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:429: undefined reference to `spi_clear_buf'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `bf1_scan':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:836: undefined reference to `decnonce'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:840: undefined reference to `bitfury_checkresults'
cgminer-driver-bitfury.o: In function `nf1_scan':
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:919: undefined reference to `libbitfury_sendHashData'
/tmp/cgminer/driver-bitfury.c:917: undefined reference to `bitfury_work_to_payload'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cgminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/cgminer'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/cgminer'
make: *** [all] Error 2
legendary
Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

MAC DC OUTPUT:

Voltage 230V:
+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

Current 4A
+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

Frequency 50Hz
+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

So

Dude,

PS:

My advise is to measure exact board consumption on 12V and choose appropriate one you can save a bug for sure. If this is not an option for you go with 1000W  Wink

;-)

Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

MAC DC OUTPUT:

Voltage 230V:
+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

Current 4A
+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

Frequency 50Hz
+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

So

Dude,

PS:

;-)
legendary
Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

MAC DC OUTPUT:

Voltage 230V:
+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

Current 4A
+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

Frequency 50Hz
+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

So

Dude,

PS:

Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

MAC DC OUTPUT:

Voltage 230V:
+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

Current 4A
+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

Frequency 50Hz
+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

So

legendary
Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

MAC DC OUTPUT:

Voltage 230V:
+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

Current 4A
+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

Frequency 50Hz
+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

So

Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

Vac~ INPUT:
Voltage -> 230V
Current -> 4A
Frequency -> 50Hz

Vdc MAX DC OUTPUT:

+3.3V -> 35A
+5V -> 40A
+12V1 -> 16A

+12V2 -> 18A
-12V -> 0.8A
-5V -> 0.5A

+5VSB -> 2.0A
BLK - > COM
GRN - > PS-ON
GRY -> PG

legendary
Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

Hi

I have a big problem.
BUT.....

The PSU has 550W....

What can be the problem?

Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good

Code:
cd cgminer
make

P.S.
===
Activity: 809
Merit: 1008
Hi guys,

I recently bought a HEX16A2 and having some trouble. I successfully patched cgminer 3.8.5 but it's not hashing:

I compiled cgminer as follows:

Code:
wget https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/archive/v3.8.5.tar.gz
 tar xvfz v3.8.5.tar.gz
cd cgminer-3.8.5
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqn2fzpglcs20be/afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.patch
patch -p1 < afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.patch
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerc
make

... and start cgminer using the following line:

Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminerc-voltage 1120 --hexminerc-options 16:1500 -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u user_name-p pass_word --set_default_to_c --debug

(--debug flag is for testing purposes only)

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
I just got 3 of these boards, used.  All three mined fine for about an hour, then one stopped.  The stopped one now doesn't even light up it's Red LED.  The fan is still going OK, and I don't see any signs of component damage.  It is being picked up by cgminer, but obviously it's not hashing.

Any ideas what I can do to get this thing working again?
legendary
Hello

I have 7 HEX16A2 Connected to MR3020
is it possible to configure a pool per HEX16A2?

blitzwilli
You need to run seven instances of cgminer limiting each one to one board HEXc is the driver abbreviation + seven different cog miner con figs
The other option is to run them at once one instance with load-balance and add 4 pools manually to miner.sh preferable option
Pages:
Jump to: