Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon2 based miner from Technobit - HEX16A2 - page 4. (Read 33473 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Can someone help me with a tutorial on how to run 5 x HEX16A2 on Raspberry PI with MinePeon installed?
Activity: 45
Hello

I have 7 HEX16A2 Connected to MR3020
is it possible to configure a pool per HEX16A2?

blitzwilli
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

The patch is working, the problem is you can't enable only hexminerc. You need to enable hexminera too. For the reason you can try ask marto  Grin

Thanks, it worked!!!
It is a real irritating mistake which cost lot of time to "solve". Just forgot the enable hexminera, but I am most certainly sure that I did try this, maybe only with version 3.8.1.

Thanks again! Smiley

Gratz  Grin

It's not forgot, because we all think that we can enable/disable separate HEX miner. It's clearly not now  Grin cause some driver are connected.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

The patch is working, the problem is you can't enable only hexminerc. You need to enable hexminera too. For the reason you can try ask marto  Grin

Thanks, it worked!!!
It is a real irritating mistake which cost lot of time to "solve". Just forgot the enable hexminera, but I am most certainly sure that I did try this, maybe only with version 3.8.1.

Thanks again! Smiley

I don't understand why the A2 board was recognized on monday as HEXcand has been running ever since und your Ubunto version, and now i wanted to try it again, because on my pi it won't work,
it is also only been recognized as HEXa which is wrong in my opinion.

Edit:
I claim, that the patch is not working, because if I use ./autogen.sh --enable-hexminerc, there is still the undefined reference to SHA256 in the make process.

So i test with
Code:
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-hexminerc

Then this is what happen when you give "make" command: undefined reference to sha256_k

But if you run with
Code:
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerc

Then "make" command will success

ok thanks i will try.

So this is the right way to do it and the right PATCH, isn't it?
Code:
1. mkdir cgminer
2. cd cgminer
3. wget https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/archive/v3.8.5.tar.gz
4. tar -xvf v3.8.5.tar.gz
5. cd cgminer-3.8.5
6. wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqn2fzpglcs20be/afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.patch
7. patch -p1 < afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.patch
8. ./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerc
9. make
legendary

I don't understand why the A2 board was recognized on monday as HEXcand has been running ever since und your Ubunto version, and now i wanted to try it again, because on my pi it won't work,
it is also only been recognized as HEXa which is wrong in my opinion.

Edit:
I claim, that the patch is not working, because if I use ./autogen.sh --enable-hexminerc, there is still the undefined reference to SHA256 in the make process.

So i test with
Code:
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-hexminerc

Then this is what happen when you give "make" command: undefined reference to sha256_k

But if you run with
Code:
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerc

Then "make" command will success

legendary
Something i noticed now when the light was off, is that one LED is RED, should it be so? - The LED that is green is closet to the mini-USB port, the other one is lightning RED...  Huh

The red LED should not lit, in my board it lit when no 12V from PSU. In normal operation the red LED is blinking. If the fan is on then maybe some part of the board not receive 12 V.

The fan starts as soon I connect the USB to my computer, even without the PSU. It recognize the board on both the Windows and the Linux laptop as shown in my pictures.

If you had multimeter, try to measure the connectivity between molex pin to fan terminal. both 12v & ground. Visual check the solder pad of molex connector on bottom side. See if there is any crack in solder.
If all good then you need to send back the board to marto. But if you found crack, you can solder your self  Grin & save time.
Activity: 86
ok, i will try, but do you think, that this will solve the reason why pi recognizes the wrong board, because I am not sure about this

I don't know, but you should eliminate all possible sources of errors to limit the fault.
Another options is to use 2 instances of cgminer. One for each kind of miners.
Activity: 20
Something i noticed now when the light was off, is that one LED is RED, should it be so? - The LED that is green is closet to the mini-USB port, the other one is lightning RED...  Huh

The red LED should not lit, in my board it lit when no 12V from PSU. In normal operation the red LED is blinking. If the fan is on then maybe some part of the board not receive 12 V.

The fan starts as soon I connect the USB to my computer, even without the PSU. It recognize the board on both the Windows and the Linux laptop as shown in my pictures.

Hey,
1. Try with latest combiner 3.8.5 board recognition is buggy in oldest releases
2. Use set defaut-to- read change log
Best

I already tried 3.8.5, also didn't work in the first place, but I will give it a try again if I can't get tp-link router working

Thanks!
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1610
Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~/cgminer $ sudo ./cgminer --hexminera-voltage 1120 --hexminera-options 16:1500 --text-only --debug
 [2013-12-26 17:03:55] Started cgminer 3.8.1
 [2013-12-26 17:03:55] USB scan devices: checking for HEXa devices             
 [2013-12-26 17:03:55] RES: thread starting
pi is powerd with a 700mA mobile phone charger for a LG nexus.
there should be enough power for the miners, it has been running under linux since sunday without any problems

700mA is is not enough. The pi producer is recommended to use min 1.3A if you are powering usb device.
Try it with lower rates (1000/0900mV ~24W - 15.86GH/s - 1.51W/GH) or use an active usb hub.

ok, i will try, but do you think, that this will solve the reason why pi recognizes the wrong board, because I am not sure about this
Hey,
1. Try with latest combiner 3.8.5 board recognition is buggy in oldest releases
2. Use set defaut-to- read change log
Best
Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~/cgminer $ sudo ./cgminer --hexminera-voltage 1120 --hexminera-options 16:1500 --text-only --debug
there should be enough power for the miners, it has been running under linux since sunday without any problems

700mA is is not enough. The pi producer is recommended to use min 1.3A if you are powering usb device.
Try it with lower rates (1000/0900mV ~24W - 15.86GH/s - 1.51W/GH) or use an active usb hub.

Code:

Can you test it with lower rates, please?

1000/0900mV ~24W - 15.86GH/s - 1.51W/GH
1300/1020mV ~56W - 20.30GH/s - 2.76W/GH
This is the output data I got when closed cgminer.

http://s29.postimg.org/m8jywcgmf/Untitled.png
Marto, I tested on a fresh installed linux laptop now too... Turned on debug etc, maybe something of this gives you some ideas of the root cause of my problems?

But you think it is an PSU related problem..?

http://s21.postimg.org/a390mklcn/Screenshot_2013_12_30_00_52_49.png
Ok then you do not have 12 Volts delivered to the board.
Please check it with voltmeter

I don't have an voltmeter at home, but can perhaps get one tomorrow. But I have tested with two different PSUs I have at home, I know that they both have been functioning and one have been in use not long time ago.. Is there any way to check there if there could be any problem with the HEX board?

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Ok then you do not have 12 Volts delivered to the board.
Please check it with voltmeter
The lights  are OK on the picture.
So now in order to test make a slush pool account.

Run proxy from Windows not from hexminer
then put your slush account miner data and try.

Okay, I've now an account with Slush's. Started it and started the proxy, using following address: stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333

But I still have the same error, feeling like an idiot that I can't get it to work..  Embarrassed

http://s28.postimg.org/mj07nst25/slush.png

This is what it look like when starting the proxy:

http://s14.postimg.org/kshz8fakh/slush2.png
Pages:
Jump to: