Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon2 based miner from Technobit - HEX16A2 - page 6. (Read 33473 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
December 26, 2013, 01:01:45 PM
Well,

I am not able to get the board running again:

After make process, i tried to start cgminer with the following instructions:

1:
Code:
--hexminerc-voltage 1060 --hexminerc-options 16:1400
error message:
Code:
-bash: --hexminerc-voltage: command not found

2:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminerc-voltage 1060 --hexminerc-options 16:1400 --set_default_to_c
error message:
Code:
[2013-12-26 15:19:19] ./cgminer: --set_default_to_c: unrecognized option  

3: Cgminer only starts this way:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminerc-voltage 1060 --hexminerc-options 16:1400

but only recognizing HEXa:
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/70126b-1388071301.jpg

Edit:
with the parameter
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminera-voltage 1120 --hexminera-options 16:1500
it starts mining for 5 seconds and the pi freezes

i dont have a hex16A2... but u could try

Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminera-voltage 1120 --hexminera-options 16:1500 --text-only --debug

that should spit out loads of things... paste the full output here maybe something stands out...

pi freezing also sounds like power issues.... how are you powering the pi? and are you providing enough power to the miners?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
December 26, 2013, 11:22:37 AM
Well,

I am not able to get the board running again:

After make process, i tried to start cgminer with the following instructions:

1:
Code:
--hexminerc-voltage 1060 --hexminerc-options 16:1400
error message:
Code:
-bash: --hexminerc-voltage: command not found

2:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminerc-voltage 1060 --hexminerc-options 16:1400 --set_default_to_c
error message:
Code:
[2013-12-26 15:19:19] ./cgminer: --set_default_to_c: unrecognized option  

3: Cgminer only starts this way:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminerc-voltage 1060 --hexminerc-options 16:1400

but only recognizing HEXa:

Edit:
with the parameter
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --hexminera-voltage 1120 --hexminera-options 16:1500
it starts mining for 5 seconds and the pi freezes

December 23, 2013, 02:16:30 PM

no
u should use fetch from git. the patch filename is the commit id ur supposed to use
Lets say you wanna use 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch

Code:
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git
cd cgminer
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/5suzudn2t06087u/2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
git checkout 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c
patch -p1 < 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-bitfury --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerb --enable-hexminerc
make

doing the git checkout thingy makes sure u r at the exact version the patch was made for.

Alright, thank you, the make process worked fine now.
Unfortunately, I am not able to test it right now since I'm not home, but i will give feedback.
Thanks man!!! Smiley
Supersonic
December 23, 2013, 01:25:10 PM

I built the patched version (for the hex bitfury but doesnt matter same patch) on pi without any issues.

Are u sure the patch u used matches the exact cgminer commit?

Whats the full name of the .patch file u used? and where did u download cgminer from?

I built it with the following steps posted in another thread:
Code:
1. sudo aptitude update
2. sudo aptitude install libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libfox-1.6-dev autotools-dev autoconf automake libtool libncurses-dev yasm curl libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev pkg-config uthash-dev make pkg-config yasm

Code:
Code:
1. mkdir cgminer
2. cd cgminer
3. wget https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/archive/v3.8.1.tar.gz
4. tar -xvf v3.8.1.tar.gz
5. cd cgminer-3.8.1
6. wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/5suzudn2t06087u/2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
7. patch -p1 < 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
8. ./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-bitfury --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerb --enable-hexminerc
9. make

I also tried this with cgminer 3.8.5 and this patch (afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.patch)

Furthermore, I tried only using --enable-hexminerc
So far I am always getting the same error.

no
u should use fetch from git. the patch filename is the commit id ur supposed to use
Lets say you wanna use 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch

Code:
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git
cd cgminer
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/5suzudn2t06087u/2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
git checkout 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c
patch -p1 < 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-bitfury --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerb --enable-hexminerc
make

doing the git checkout thingy makes sure u r at the exact version the patch was made for.
December 23, 2013, 12:59:49 PM

I built the patched version (for the hex bitfury but doesnt matter same patch) on pi without any issues.

Whats the full name of the .patch file u used? and where did u download cgminer from?

I built it with the following steps posted in another thread:
Code:
1. sudo aptitude update
2. sudo aptitude install libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libfox-1.6-dev autotools-dev autoconf automake libtool libncurses-dev yasm curl libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev pkg-config uthash-dev make pkg-config yasm

Code:
Code:
1. mkdir cgminer
2. cd cgminer
3. wget https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/archive/v3.8.1.tar.gz
4. tar -xvf v3.8.1.tar.gz
5. cd cgminer-3.8.1
6. wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/5suzudn2t06087u/2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
7. patch -p1 < 2e9afa38e39678a5dc5bf8be6d20baf1849b548c.patch
8. ./autogen.sh --enable-avalon --enable-bitfury --enable-hexminera --enable-hexminerb --enable-hexminerc
9. make

I also tried this with cgminer 3.8.5 and this patch (afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.patch)

Furthermore, I tried only using --enable-hexminerc
So far I am always getting the same error.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
December 23, 2013, 10:19:22 AM
I received my board on friday, but I didn't manage to compile a running cgminer with patch on my raspberry pi, because it seems that the driver is not found while "make" process.
So i installed Linux Mint on my HTPC and used 2GOODs precompiled version, which works fine at the moment, but the goal is to safe power and use the pi instead.

Any ideas why it won't work with pi?
I already tried different patches and versions of cgminer, but there is always the same error message:
Code:
CC     cgminer-usbutils.o
CC     cgminer-driver-hexminerc.o
CCLD   cgminer
cgminer-driver-hexminerc.o: In function `hexminerc_send_task':
/home/pi/cgminer/driver-hexminerc.c:72: undefined reference to `SHA256_K'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cgminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/cgminer'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/cgminer'
make: *** [all] Error 2

With what parameters do you guys start cgminer? My board is only hashing with 20GH/s at the moment.

thanks in advance

And make sire you run autogen.sh
R
Supersonic
December 23, 2013, 10:13:07 AM
I received my board on friday, but I didn't manage to compile a running cgminer with patch on my raspberry pi, because it seems that the driver is not found while "make" process.
So i installed Linux Mint on my HTPC and used 2GOODs precompiled version, which works fine at the moment, but the goal is to safe power and use the pi instead.

I already tried different patches and versions of cgminer, but there is always the same error message:
Code:
CCLD   cgminer

With what parameters do you guys start cgminer? My board is only hashing with 20GH/s at the moment.

thanks in advance

December 23, 2013, 04:48:43 AM

Code:
CCLD   cgminer

thanks in advance
Activity: 440
December 16, 2013, 12:55:48 PM
I have faith in Technobit. International shipping to various countries is not an easy thing to manage.  I belive with the adition of UPS express option this will help everybody out both purchaser and buyer.  I sent Marto 5 Bitfury chips in a barter agreement and have made a December purchase. I am not concerned and believe he will deliver on both ........... now my Hashfast pre order which is a diffrent matter all together.  
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 16, 2013, 11:28:40 AM
I can only talk for my self. I'm pretty satisfied with the Service of technobit. The miner arrived in a reasonable time frame and the price performance ratio is very good.
The could improve the comunication with their costumers but i can understand if they dont focus on answering 1000 times the same question and focusing instead on delivering the miners.

If they reply to the first mail that a customer sends them, the customer isn't left in wondering and won't send any more mails. If the customer isn't lied to about the delivery date, then he won't send any mails asking about shipment.

Putting some time in customer service isn't a waste of time. Technobit is also getting so many mails with the same questions because it's a big issue that was left unanswered. Ignoring the client is one of the stupidest things you can do.

Any reasonable person will pardon a delay if they are given a legitimate reason.
Activity: 58
December 16, 2013, 07:48:34 AM
I can only talk for my self. I'm pretty satisfied with the Service of technobit. The miner arrived in a reasonable time frame and the price performance ratio is very good.
The could improve the comunication with their costumers but i can understand if they dont focus on answering 1000 times the same question and focusing instead on delivering the miners.

I actually do think it is a shame. My first order was fine and I am very happy with the quality of the hardware for the price. It was a little late but that was OK. The second order I placed 3 days after the first for some Nano Furies. These were 'shipped' and a tracking number was given. But a day later when I tried the tracking number on speedy.BG it said 'canceled' 'system returned'. I Pm'd Martin and he replied that the boards had been returned for unknown reason. That he would send the package next day ups express at his expense... After about a week of waiting (ups quote a day from Sofia to London) i start asking for new ups tracking number and whether it had been shipped... But martin then did not reply once - the next time I heard from him was my refund. So clearly the package was never sent ups... The fact that about 7 nano fury orders seemed to been 'canceled' by speedy suggests that these were deliberately pulled back from the couriers by Technobit for reasons unknown but whatever that reason is - is the reason they could not be delivered by ups because they were no longer available.  I don't think we will ever get to hear the real reason. so I would have been more patient if I was not being blatently lied to. This is not a business relationship I want - I would rather pay more and know that I would be treated as a customer should be and not lied to. I am thankful I managed to get a refund and consider myself lucky. It is a shame because the potential for Technobit is huge but reputation is everything - especially if you have removed safer methods of payment like Paypal.

I do genuinely hope Martin turns it around for the others out there sat waiting and wondering...

Melb
Activity: 6
December 16, 2013, 06:25:59 AM
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
December 16, 2013, 05:40:23 AM
sent email no word must be dead business or their just too bust to answer or their doing a BFL
Marto has mentioned that he's working flat-out to get everyone's orders dispatched before Xmas. Be patient man. Comparisons to BFL would just be insulting to those who were REALLY shafted by the BFL scenario.

I at least got my stuff from BFL Marto walked off with 1.4 BTC on me, claimed he shipped and never did.

Make sure you make an entry in his trust.
Activity: 854
December 16, 2013, 05:37:35 AM
Dear MELvyn.B
Your first order with us was delivered, second one is now refunded.
We are not going to accept any orders from you in the future. Your account with us is disabled.

Best Martin

Martin many thanks for your refund (proof you lied to me that it was dispatched when it clearly was not) - I make no apology for my words and opinions and if you seriously value being in business you would not treat customers in this way - have no fear my friend I shall not be placing any more orders from Technobit - account disabled or not.

Good luck

Melb

I know how you feel he screwed me too!!!
December 15, 2013, 06:19:07 PM
Dear MELvyn.B
We are not going to accept any orders from you in the future. Your account with us is disabled.

Best Martin

Martin many thanks for your refund (proof you lied to me that it was dispatched when it clearly was not) - I make no apology for my words and opinions and if you seriously value being in business you would not treat customers in this way - have no fear my friend I shall not be placing any more orders from Technobit - account disabled or not.

Good luck

Melb
Activity: 728
December 15, 2013, 05:37:29 PM
Dear MELvyn.B

Best Martin
December 15, 2013, 02:58:34 PM
Send us more and more e-mails as kind for exact delivery date is only filling our inbox
Best Martin

did you evaluate to setup a "support ticket system"? There are a lot of available open source support ticket systems. This can help you to categorize better all repetitive emails coming from single customers, and can improve your customers' experience
Having so many requests and trowing away clients is killing your biz! I offered my services but they want to keep it very cheap and unprofessional!! It's a bit pitty they dont do it in the right way. Hope one day they will impove it!

I have now filed a PayPal dispute with Technobit - if that fails it will be a chargeback. Marto has lied to me about supposed despatch via UPS Express 'at his expense' 2 weeks ago - unless he can come up with a tracking number to prove different?
He now just ignores everything I write (be that PM, message here, contact via website) because he knows there is no answer and the excuses have run dry. This is a business destined to failure - he claims to have taken on an extra staff member - but how do you contact them? He talks about buying January orders 10-20 a time - LOL! He cannot fulfil October/November orders letalone January! If you go via the Technobit website - you get the same non-response. Personally I think he talks rubbish and I believe very little that he has to say. He claims he is not a scammer and is prepared to refund 'within 5 minutes' - what utter BS. He does not refund - period.

Melb
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Bitleu Team
December 15, 2013, 02:47:10 PM
Send us more and more e-mails as kind for exact delivery date is only filling our inbox
Best Martin

did you evaluate to setup a "support ticket system"? There are a lot of available open source support ticket systems. This can help you to categorize better all repetitive emails coming from single customers, and can improve your customers' experience
Having so many requests and trowing away clients is killing your biz! I offered my services but they want to keep it very cheap and unprofessional!! It's a bit pitty they dont do it in the right way. Hope one day they will impove it!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
December 15, 2013, 12:05:25 PM
Sorry too busy to answer each one of you
From today there is one member of the team dedicated to go trough customer support, hope it'll make things better.

In the product page it is written the shipment month.
@ the moment we are selling January shipment.
You can order 10 or 20.
We are not answering if you ask us for earlier delivery as far we have already late orders to finish.
All December orders will be shipped until end of December.

All orders are accepted only trough website.
We ship orders with transport cost paid.
If you ordered with packing only option you'll get an e-mail when your order is ready with address for pick up.
We ship first the orders that have paid transport.

Best Martin

Activity: 728
December 14, 2013, 01:35:42 PM
Sorry too busy to answer each one of you
From today there is one member of the team dedicated to go trough customer support, hope it'll make things better.

In the product page it is written the shipment month.
@ the moment we are selling January shipment.
You can order 10 or 20.
We are not answering if you ask us for earlier delivery as far we have already late orders to finish.
All December orders will be shipped until end of December.

All orders are accepted only trough website.
We ship orders with transport cost paid.
If you ordered with packing only option you'll get an e-mail when your order is ready with address for pick up.
We ship first the orders that have paid transport.
Sending us more and more e-mails as kind for exact delivery date is only filling our inbox

Best Martin

Pages:
Jump to: