Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon2 based miner from Technobit - HEX16A2 - page 8. (Read 33473 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
December 09, 2013, 12:43:32 PM
Hi Ioshia,

I understand about 10-port USB hub, but the device on technobit site looks like an USB hub too??!!

I've tried to order that thing there on technobit site, but it looks like an usb hub, so I don't know if that is what I need to produce Bitcois...!? Also, please let me know how much GH/s you get with one of those things?

http://technobit.eu/img/p/8/8/88-thickbox_default.jpg

Sorry to disturb you and Thanks for answering.
Hey,
The picture posted is not a miner. It connects your miner via USB to Btc network. This device produces 0 btc.
You have to look for assambled board with chips included. This device produces coins not the tplink
legendary
December 08, 2013, 04:23:39 PM
Ich weiss nicht Sad
Trying to buy it from there but dont understand anything... in german language... will try again using translation..
Thanks!
Me too  Cheesy
A friend is buying them for me but they work  rock stable with tplink
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Bitleu Team
December 08, 2013, 04:20:56 PM
Ich weiss nicht Sad
Trying to buy it from there but dont understand anything... in german language... will try again using translation..
Thanks!
legendary
December 08, 2013, 04:06:08 PM
If you have just on board you are good to go. You just need an usb cable and power. Otherwise consider buying USB hub(s) to connect more boards.
I guess you have a proper sized PSU to power your boards from?
In my rigs I am having 15 hexa connected to single tplink so I guess 10+ Avalon2 boards should be no problem
I have a 1200W Power Supply Unit Enermax Platimax
http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=52&no=174
Need to buy an USB hub also. I want more than one board.
Thanks a lot.
Buy this one if you can
http://www.amazon.de/gp/r.html?R=2YSH1WDOZGV9I&C=1VSYRMGW3HNG0&H=H7HAWPWQOJ04IUAHR4SMYUNEMD0A&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.de%2Fdp%2FB00602C91U%2Fref%3Dpe_386171_37038021_TE_3p_M3T1_dp_1
You want regret
Bitleu Team
December 08, 2013, 04:01:01 PM
If you have just on board you are good to go. You just need an usb cable and power. Otherwise consider buying USB hub(s) to connect more boards.
In my rigs I am having 15 hexa connected to single tplink so I guess 10+ Avalon2 boards should be no problem
I have a 1200W Power Supply Unit Enermax Platimax
http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=52&no=174
Need to buy an USB hub also. I want more than one board.
Thanks a lot.
legendary
December 08, 2013, 03:03:35 PM
It is hashing for sure with all technobit products. You can get it preflashed from their site to save some time and troubles for almost same prace.If you are new just by one from there
http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=37&controller=product&id_lang=1
It is cheaper compared to 40 euros

Ok, after ordering that I just have to setup and start mining or need more parts?
Sorry for my novice questions but I really want to learn and start somewhere.
Appreciate ypu help!
Bitleu Team
December 08, 2013, 02:59:31 PM
It is hashing for sure with all technobit products. You can get it preflashed from their site to save some time and troubles for almost same prace.If you are new just by one from there

Ok, after ordering that I just have to setup and start mining or need more parts?
Sorry for my novice questions but I really want to learn and start somewhere.
Appreciate ypu help!
legendary
December 08, 2013, 02:01:28 PM
I got my TPlink box
from Maplins £39.99
I updated the firmware and
bang both of my miners working at 45Ghz in total
Happy mining Smiley
What and from where you got this? I'm new in this, need a bit help tp understand. If you're plesed with mining I might want to buy exactly the same... if it is possible. Thanks a lot.

Bitleu Team
December 08, 2013, 01:39:08 PM
I got my TPlink box
from Maplins £39.99
Happy mining Smiley
What and from where you got this? I'm new in this, need a bit help tp understand. If you're plesed with mining I might want to buy exactly the same... if it is possible. Thanks a lot.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
December 08, 2013, 08:55:11 AM
I already ordered two in the december batch.... really considering maxxing out my credit card and buying two more for january delivery... What do you guys think the diff will be like at the end of january? Or should I just buy shares in a prospero or neptune? It somehow just seems nicer to have them at home so I can mine altcoins whenever I want.

Oh and how many can you chain off a single host?

Thx 4 the awesome review!!

I would seriously question about maxxing your credit card out... This business is a big gamble and the number one rule in gambling is never bet more than you afford to lose. As it stands currently there is insufficient confidence in BTC to make large investment questionable. Don't forget that when mining becomes unprofitable (the electricity costs more than the returns) you are going to be left with hardware that has no value. Many people already are questioning whether there is much money left to be made mining as the Terrahash hardware is only just around the corner. If you were seriously considering the credit card option it maybe more viable to pre-order and wait for this hardware - but again risky especially if delivery dates shift several months as past experience has shown... So, factor in interest payments into the proposition and I would say 'not for me' as it is debatable whether you can actually break even mining with the ever decreasing payouts that will occur - rather like that frog that starts from the centre of the pond and jumps half the distance towards the edge edge hop - he never quite makes it...

Melb

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com
December 07, 2013, 10:57:55 PM
I already ordered two in the december batch.... really considering maxxing out my credit card and buying two more for january delivery... What do you guys think the diff will be like at the end of january? Or should I just buy shares in a prospero or neptune? It somehow just seems nicer to have them at home so I can mine altcoins whenever I want.

Oh and how many can you chain off a single host? Do they just use MOLEX for power?

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com
December 07, 2013, 10:55:34 PM

Oh and how many can you chain off a single host?

legendary
December 07, 2013, 04:27:45 PM
I got my TPlink box
from Maplins £39.99
Happy mining Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
December 07, 2013, 03:28:28 PM
I got my TPlink box
from Maplins £39.99
December 07, 2013, 10:11:13 AM
Excellent review and pictures Smiley
Any ideas on how you can link them together so uses one usb controller? What PSU would be the best ?

Thanks

Glad you liked it Smiley

There is no can-bus support in this revision of the board, so you'll need powered USB hub for more boards.

best
2GOOD

Do not need to be powered anymore.
Only Avalon gen1 based HEX16A requires powered hub.
With HEX16B and A2 you can used passive hub and to power even tp-link router from the boards and hub .
10x to our board designer for the efforts in this direction

Nice move! The TP-Link router doesn't seem to want to be fed 5v into the USB socket itself - so I am guessing there is a series blocking diode in the router so 5v output only from the USB... But I suspect it will be fairly easy to hardware mod the router to be able to take its 5v from the hub/HEX16A2/B by linking the 5v from the power input to the USB connector (or locating & shorting the series diode)... Then it is a very tidy solution.

Melb
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon#TP-LINK_TL-WR703N

Here it is Wr3020=TP-LINK_TL-WR703N  Wink

Cool  Cool - I will make an appointment with my router  Smiley

Melb
legendary
December 06, 2013, 03:01:28 AM
Any ideas on how you can link them together so uses one usb controller? What PSU would be the best ?

Thanks

Glad you liked it Smiley

There is no can-bus support in this revision of the board, so you'll need powered USB hub for more boards.

best
2GOOD

With HEX16B and A2 you can used passive hub and to power even tp-link router from the boards and hub .

Nice move! The TP-Link router doesn't seem to want to be fed 5v into the USB socket itself - so I am guessing there is a series blocking diode in the router so 5v output only from the USB... But I suspect it will be fairly easy to hardware mod the router to be able to take its 5v from the hub/HEX16A2/B by linking the 5v from the power input to the USB connector (or locating & shorting the series diode)... Then it is a very tidy solution.

Melb
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon#TP-LINK_TL-WR703N

Here it is Wr3020=TP-LINK_TL-WR703N  Wink
December 05, 2013, 05:41:02 PM

Thanks

Glad you liked it Smiley

best
2GOOD

Melb
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
December 04, 2013, 04:25:22 AM
Very good review
I have just ordered a few
 Grin Grin
Activity: 147
December 04, 2013, 12:00:43 AM
HEX16A/B/A2 are equipped with 92mm fan SUNON EE92251S1-0000-A99 / 51.5 CFM / 34 dBA

Ideally putting <20dBA fans on in the 1st place would save us having to change them. Someone mention it to Marto pls.  Wink

I've got a few 92mm noctuas lying around. Was meant for the LS and Jally.

Goodie! Cheesy
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
December 03, 2013, 11:50:27 PM
HEX16A/B/A2 are equipped with 92mm fan SUNON EE92251S1-0000-A99 / 51.5 CFM / 34 dBA

Ideally putting <20dBA fans on in the 1st place would save us having to change them. Someone mention it to Marto pls.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: