Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 624. (Read 701158 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
There are several new features in the pipeline for Awesome Miner!

The new features are currently only included in the development version of Awesome Miner, which can be installed by activating "Check for development versions" in the Options dialog followed by Menu -> Check for updates.

List of features you can try (some are limited based on which license you have):
- Security and multi-user settings for access control for both the Windows application and the web interface
- Introducing an Awesome Miner HTTP API for access to mining information and operations from external applications
- Device Profiles are now supported for Claymore's Etheruem miner. Simplifies configuration by reusing profiles across multiple miners.
- Added zpool to Awesome Profit Switcher.
- Improved C# scripting API by adding support for both SSH commands and Antminer control commands
- Automatic setup of Antminer API settings when the API mode is detected as restricted
- Detection of failed Antminer chips in the rule for Dead Device detection
- More detailed mining statistics on the summary tab
- Highlight miners in list using colors defined by rules or manually from the toolbar
- Usability improvements to Options dialog
- Theme support for setting personalized color of the application.

legendary
Is it possible for awesome to detect if a miner has found a block ? As a kind of counter. It would be nice to make status of different versions of miners ?
Perhaps like a new field with a notice or a flag ?
It's first of all possible to use the Rules, and define a Trigger of the type "Detect Found Blocks". Then you can define if you want a notification on similar as an action.

You can also customize the progress field, and specify:
status.FoundBlocks
This will display the number of found blocks in the list of miner

More on the customizable progress field: http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx
legendary
I am having difficulty getting the mobile web browser working. I've got the port forwarded and it works on the PC that is running awesome miner. But I'm unable to get anything on my phone? Any suggestions would be great.
The first step is to verify if you can access the web interface from a web browser running on the same PC as Awesome Miner is running. If that works fine, it's most likely a firewall issue.

It might not only be port fortwaring configuration on the router, but also that you have the Windows firewall or any other security software running that blocks the connection. Does it work from your mobile if you run in on your local Wifi for example?

Works great on the same PC that runs awesome miner. Can't access through mobile on same wifi network. I'll check windows firewall.

Hmm no luck
Do you have any other computer on the same network that can access Awesome Miner web? Did you try to disable the firewall to rule out that as an issue?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Is it possible for awesome to detect if a miner has found a block ? As a kind of counter. It would be nice to make status of different versions of miners ?

Could use the balance monitoring API and write a simple script to watch for a found block, then trigger an action.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
I am having difficulty getting the mobile web browser working. I've got the port forwarded and it works on the PC that is running awesome miner. But I'm unable to get anything on my phone? Any suggestions would be great.
The first step is to verify if you can access the web interface from a web browser running on the same PC as Awesome Miner is running. If that works fine, it's most likely a firewall issue.

It might not only be port fortwaring configuration on the router, but also that you have the Windows firewall or any other security software running that blocks the connection. Does it work from your mobile if you run in on your local Wifi for example?

Works great on the same PC that runs awesome miner. Can't access through mobile on same wifi network. I'll check windows firewall.

Hmm no luck
legendary
You just did it again Patrike, made API listen changes on all miners through Awesome and it took less than an hour for 100+ miners....Thumbs up for this real miner monitoring program.
Thanks for the nice feedback. The idea is that the application should be Awesome!
legendary
Trying to mine with awesome miner, and get some very strange result Undecided
My coin is DMD. Miner is sgminer 5.4.0-nicehash-1 (also tried a nicehash-39) and the problem is, that there is only rejects on any pool Sad I'am suspecting, that something wrong in the --kernel parameter, it's should be "--kernel diamond", but looks like that Awesome Miner ignoring it. I've already tried to put it as an option in Miner Properties->Advanced and tried to put the --kernel diamond into miner commandline parameters (Miner Properties->Command Line), but still rejects only. Tried to put the whole miner commandline
Code:
--kernel diamond --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --auto-fan --auto-gpu --gpu-fan 75-100,75-100 --temp-target 72,72 --temp-overheat 81,81 -I20,20 -w 256,256 -g 1,1 --gpu-engine 1075,1200 --gpu-memclock 150,150 --lookup-gap 2,2 --gpu-powertune 22,22 -o stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 -u -p -o stratum+tcp://eu.miningfield.com:3378 -u -p
but no effect Sad
If I will run the sgminer via CMD with this commandline - all is OK, pools are accepting shares.
What's I did wrong with Awesome Miner?..
Sorry about the delated response on this one.
In the pool configuration in Awesome Miner you can select "Specify kernel". Does it work if you put diamond in there?

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
You just did it again Patrike, made API listen changes on all miners through Awesome and it took less than an hour for 100+ miners....Thumbs up for this real miner monitoring program.
legendary

legendary
Hey Patrike, I was curious if you'd have a moment to respond to my question from last week?  About setting up a CPU Miner in Awesome Miner or if it doesn't support that?

Thanks
I have investigated this a bit more, and it looks like there is a very basic API available for cpuminer. I can probably be used to display hashrate, accepted, rejected and maybe change pool but not much more. It will also be possible to start and stop from Awesome Miner, and of course you will get notifications and all standard monitoring features.

It's not supported today, but it could be added in future releases if people will find this useful.
legendary
I would be interested in testing a development version that has fan control in addition to frequency control.

That would be handy in summer months to change settings at night when my ambient temps are lower.

You can try the feature in the development version 1.7.8. You can enable download of development versions in Options -> "Check for development versions". Then you close the Options dialog and go to Menu -> "Check for updates".

You will find the Antminer Fan settings next to the existing Antminer frequency settings (In toolbar: Tools -> Antminer).

I'm still not sure if the Fan feature actually is working on all Antminers. If you experience any problems, set the fan speed back to Default, and Awesome Miner will revert all changes.
I did have one user that couldn't get this feature to work, but I don't have all details on that case yet.
Please share any findings on this.

When I tried the fan settings on my S9 it wiped all the settings and I was unable to restore to defaults from within Awesome Miner. The miner appeared offline to Awesome Miner, but I still had access via the web interface which showed all settings as blank even after a reboot. I had to perform a reset on the miner and re-enter all settings.

Speed settings seemed fine though.
Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the inconvenience. Setting back to Default should have worked in the latest development release, but it doesn't look that there is a way to get the Antminers to react on fan speed settings.

What Awesome Miner was trying to do was to set the following in /config/cgminer.conf (or bmminer.conf on S9):
"bitmain-fan-ctrl" : true,
"bitmain-fan-pwm" : "80",

From the information I could find on the web, it looked like it was supported on Antminers - at least in the past. Maybe it's no longer supported, and then this cannot be supported from Awesome Miner.
If anyone want to experiment with the two settings above, feel free to do that. It might be that only the pwm-setting should be set.

The fan setting in Awesome Miner was only available in the latest development releases, and it will be removed. I do hope that we can figure out a way to control this in the future.
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
I would be interested in testing a development version that has fan control in addition to frequency control.

That would be handy in summer months to change settings at night when my ambient temps are lower.

You can try the feature in the development version 1.7.8. You can enable download of development versions in Options -> "Check for development versions". Then you close the Options dialog and go to Menu -> "Check for updates".

You will find the Antminer Fan settings next to the existing Antminer frequency settings (In toolbar: Tools -> Antminer).

I'm still not sure if the Fan feature actually is working on all Antminers. If you experience any problems, set the fan speed back to Default, and Awesome Miner will revert all changes.
I did have one user that couldn't get this feature to work, but I don't have all details on that case yet.
Please share any findings on this.

When I tried the fan settings on my S9 it wiped all the settings and I was unable to restore to defaults from within Awesome Miner. The miner appeared offline to Awesome Miner, but I still had access via the web interface which showed all settings as blank even after a reboot. I had to perform a reset on the miner and re-enter all settings.

Speed settings seemed fine though.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Hey Patrike, I was curious if you'd have a moment to respond to my question from last week?  About setting up a CPU Miner in Awesome Miner or if it doesn't support that?

Thanks
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Trying to mine with awesome miner, and get some very strange result Undecided
My coin is DMD. Miner is sgminer 5.4.0-nicehash-1 (also tried a nicehash-39) and the problem is, that there is only rejects on any pool Sad I'am suspecting, that something wrong in the --kernel parameter, it's should be "--kernel diamond", but looks like that Awesome Miner ignoring it. I've already tried to put it as an option in Miner Properties->Advanced and tried to put the --kernel diamond into miner commandline parameters (Miner Properties->Command Line), but still rejects only. Tried to put the whole miner commandline
Code:
--kernel diamond --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --auto-fan --auto-gpu --gpu-fan 75-100,75-100 --temp-target 72,72 --temp-overheat 81,81 -I20,20 -w 256,256 -g 1,1 --gpu-engine 1075,1200 --gpu-memclock 150,150 --lookup-gap 2,2 --gpu-powertune 22,22 -o stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 -u -p -o stratum+tcp://eu.miningfield.com:3378 -u -p
but no effect Sad
If I will run the sgminer via CMD with this commandline - all is OK, pools are accepting shares.
What's I did wrong with Awesome Miner?..
legendary
You can see the api info here:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/api

And the actual API json is outputted here:

http://www.zpool.ca/api/status

Not sure if the format/content is what's needed but there you have it Smiley

Cheers!

To make it a little more appealing, maybe, zpool uses the standard YiiMP Pool API.
So by doing it once you will gain any pool using the standard YiiMP API.
I am using the same API with multiple pools from a .net app.  Works peachily.

Thanks for providing this input. I will implement support for this in Awesome Miner.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Agreed.  My thoughts on it are simply this.  If you're going to have a program that is dedicated to mining, then you should have the option to mine anything with whatever is at your disposal.  Asic, GPU, CPU, FPGA, etc...  To see that show up in Awesome Miner would be all the conviction I'd need to make a purchase.  As it is, I'm using Miner Control for CPU / GPU mining and while it does a great job, I'd much rather centralize it all in a single App.  If Awesome Miner does this, then that's the goto app for me.  Smiley
First about your initial question about Zpool. It should work with Awesome Miner. On their web site I can see the following instructions:
stratum+tcp://.mine.zpool.ca: -u [-p ]

In Awesome Miner this should be added as a Pool with the following settings, where I will use X11 algorithm as an example:
Server URL: stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533
Worker name: (your bitcoin wallet address)

Auto profit switching is not supported for Zpool. I couldn't find an API on their web site, which would be required in order for Awesome Miner to support it.

To answer your question about ASIC / GPU and so on. Awesome Miner doesn't care too much about this as long as you use it together with a Cgminer style miner API (or Sgminer, Claymore's Ethereum, ccMiner). You can for sure connect to many different systems and get a good overview of the mining from a single user interface.

Please try the free version of Awesome Miner to see if it works well for the features you are looking for.

Cheers!

To make it a little more appealing, maybe, zpool uses the standard YiiMP Pool API.
So by doing it once you will gain any pool using the standard YiiMP API.
I am using the same API with multiple pools from a .net app.  Works peachily.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
Agreed.  My thoughts on it are simply this.  If you're going to have a program that is dedicated to mining, then you should have the option to mine anything with whatever is at your disposal.  Asic, GPU, CPU, FPGA, etc...  To see that show up in Awesome Miner would be all the conviction I'd need to make a purchase.  As it is, I'm using Miner Control for CPU / GPU mining and while it does a great job, I'd much rather centralize it all in a single App.  If Awesome Miner does this, then that's the goto app for me.  Smiley
First about your initial question about Zpool. It should work with Awesome Miner. On their web site I can see the following instructions:
stratum+tcp://.mine.zpool.ca: -u [-p ]

In Awesome Miner this should be added as a Pool with the following settings, where I will use X11 algorithm as an example:
Server URL: stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533
Worker name: (your bitcoin wallet address)

Auto profit switching is not supported for Zpool. I couldn't find an API on their web site, which would be required in order for Awesome Miner to support it.

To answer your question about ASIC / GPU and so on. Awesome Miner doesn't care too much about this as long as you use it together with a Cgminer style miner API (or Sgminer, Claymore's Ethereum, ccMiner). You can for sure connect to many different systems and get a good overview of the mining from a single user interface.

Please try the free version of Awesome Miner to see if it works well for the features you are looking for.

Cheers!
Jump to: