Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 625. (Read 701158 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
I would be interested in testing a development version that has fan control in addition to frequency control.

That would be handy in summer months to change settings at night when my ambient temps are lower.

You can try the feature in the development version 1.7.8. You can enable download of development versions in Options -> "Check for development versions". Then you close the Options dialog and go to Menu -> "Check for updates".

You will find the Antminer Fan settings next to the existing Antminer frequency settings (In toolbar: Tools -> Antminer).

I'm still not sure if the Fan feature actually is working on all Antminers. If you experience any problems, set the fan speed back to Default, and Awesome Miner will revert all changes.
I did have one user that couldn't get this feature to work, but I don't have all details on that case yet.
Please share any findings on this.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
there is an API reference to scripting and manage Ant miner S9??
thanx
Not at the moment. Do you want to develop your own external application and connect to a REST API provided by Awesome Miner?
Awesome Miner also has a built in C# scripting feature, but this is not what you are looking for I assume?

This is something I've had plans for, so is there is an interest in providing this, it could be added.

just to know...
Awesome Miner built in C# scripting feature,
can read a txt file from a folder in my intranet,
elab it...
and then modify frequency of my miners??
The C# scripting feature don't have access to the Antminer Frequency command in the current version. However, I just added support for it, so in next version (that will be available quite soon) you will be able to write scripts like the following:

Code:
IMinerBase miner = Context.Miner.GetByName("Antminer S9 #1");
Context.Miner.AntminerSetFrequency(miner, "root", "admin", 675);

You can of course access all C#/.NET features like reading from file in these scripts, so the value "675" in the example could be read from a file.

I will also update the documentation for the C# scripting API when the new version is available (not yet):
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/script.aspx

i'm searching for a set up who can read current output Kw production from photovoltaic plant and setting up/shutdown S9 miners.
this is what i'm searching for.
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
I would be interested in testing a development version that has fan control in addition to frequency control.

That would be handy in summer months to change settings at night when my ambient temps are lower.
legendary
thanx
Not at the moment. Do you want to develop your own external application and connect to a REST API provided by Awesome Miner?
Awesome Miner also has a built in C# scripting feature, but this is not what you are looking for I assume?

This is something I've had plans for, so is there is an interest in providing this, it could be added.

just to know...
elab it...
The C# scripting feature don't have access to the Antminer Frequency command in the current version. However, I just added support for it, so in next version (that will be available quite soon) you will be able to write scripts like the following:

Code:
IMinerBase miner = Context.Miner.GetByName("Antminer S9 #1");
Context.Miner.AntminerSetFrequency(miner, "root", "admin", 675);

You can of course access all C#/.NET features like reading from file in these scripts, so the value "675" in the example could be read from a file.

I will also update the documentation for the C# scripting API when the new version is available (not yet):
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/script.aspx
legendary
thanx

just to know...
elab it...
legendary
thanx

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I would like to see what Claymore's Etheruem miner is reporting over the API on Rig 14 compared to one of the other. Could you please generate an API report for Rig 14 and Rig 1 for example? You find this feature in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. Please send the information via PM or by e-mail to info[at]awesomeminer.com
Thanks!

Hi patrike,

Thanks for the quick reply!  My apologies for the delay.  I've been setting up more rigs.  I still have the following rigs remaining to build (set up): 6 more rigs made up of  6 x Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury's in each rig, two more rigs made up of 6 x R9 390's in each rig and one more rig made up of 6 x RX 480's.  I've been going on approximately 5 to 6 hours sleep each day for the past 4 days.  

It's more important for me at the moment to get all the rigs going first before I begin trouble shooting technical issues.  I will get back with you on the API Report after I've set up the remaining rigs.

Cheers,

David
legendary
thanx
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Agreed.  My thoughts on it are simply this.  If you're going to have a program that is dedicated to mining, then you should have the option to mine anything with whatever is at your disposal.  Asic, GPU, CPU, FPGA, etc...  To see that show up in Awesome Miner would be all the conviction I'd need to make a purchase.  As it is, I'm using Miner Control for CPU / GPU mining and while it does a great job, I'd much rather centralize it all in a single App.  If Awesome Miner does this, then that's the goto app for me.  Smiley
First about your initial question about Zpool. It should work with Awesome Miner. On their web site I can see the following instructions:
stratum+tcp://.mine.zpool.ca: -u [-p ]

In Awesome Miner this should be added as a Pool with the following settings, where I will use X11 algorithm as an example:
Server URL: stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533
Worker name: (your bitcoin wallet address)

Auto profit switching is not supported for Zpool. I couldn't find an API on their web site, which would be required in order for Awesome Miner to support it.

To answer your question about ASIC / GPU and so on. Awesome Miner doesn't care too much about this as long as you use it together with a Cgminer style miner API (or Sgminer, Claymore's Ethereum, ccMiner). You can for sure connect to many different systems and get a good overview of the mining from a single user interface.

Please try the free version of Awesome Miner to see if it works well for the features you are looking for.

Alright, so at the risk of seeming a bit dense, say I wanted to mine yescrypt on Zpool using CPU.  How would I go about setting that part up?
I have ASIC's running there and it does well so I got that part figured out and I'm fairly certain I can get the GPU portion of it working but the CPU has me stumped.

Hi,
I've actually never tried CPU mining with Awesome Miner. Which CPU mining software are you using? Some of them have cgminer like API's that can be enabled that Awesome Miner can connect to.

I typically use CPUMiner-opt 3.3.8.  It handles most of the algos out there and a handful of them will actually turn a profit.  I never though that CPU mining should be completely ignored as it does have alt-coins that are still worth mining, even with electric included.
legendary
I'm curious if anyone has ran across the following when GPU mining with RX 480's with Awesome Miner:

All of my R9 Fury rigs and R9 380 rigs have no problem displaying the GPU temps, hash rate, etc...  You will notice in the following image link that I have Rig #17 highlighted in grey up top and in the window at the bottom you see each GPU with their Fan speed percentage, Temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.08.58 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/5ntc1y0o3/)

In this next screen shot, you will see I have Rig #14 high lighted.  Yet, it does not display the temperature of Rig #14 in the top window like the other Rigs and it does not display the GPU's in the bottom window with their fan speed, hash rate, temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.20.56 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/tkcpgb9lx/)

Rig 14 is a rig made up of 6 x RX 480's.  I have two more rigs of RX 480's I'm in the process of putting together.  I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong that is keeping the temps from posting in Awesome miner as well as keeping the GPU's from being listed in Awesome miner?

Any help would be appreciated.
I would like to see what Claymore's Etheruem miner is reporting over the API on Rig 14 compared to one of the other. Could you please generate an API report for Rig 14 and Rig 1 for example? You find this feature in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. Please send the information via PM or by e-mail to info[at]awesomeminer.com
Thanks!
legendary
Agreed.  My thoughts on it are simply this.  If you're going to have a program that is dedicated to mining, then you should have the option to mine anything with whatever is at your disposal.  Asic, GPU, CPU, FPGA, etc...  To see that show up in Awesome Miner would be all the conviction I'd need to make a purchase.  As it is, I'm using Miner Control for CPU / GPU mining and while it does a great job, I'd much rather centralize it all in a single App.  If Awesome Miner does this, then that's the goto app for me.  Smiley
First about your initial question about Zpool. It should work with Awesome Miner. On their web site I can see the following instructions:

In Awesome Miner this should be added as a Pool with the following settings, where I will use X11 algorithm as an example:

Auto profit switching is not supported for Zpool. I couldn't find an API on their web site, which would be required in order for Awesome Miner to support it.

To answer your question about ASIC / GPU and so on. Awesome Miner doesn't care too much about this as long as you use it together with a Cgminer style miner API (or Sgminer, Claymore's Ethereum, ccMiner). You can for sure connect to many different systems and get a good overview of the mining from a single user interface.

Please try the free version of Awesome Miner to see if it works well for the features you are looking for.

Alright, so at the risk of seeming a bit dense, say I wanted to mine yescrypt on Zpool using CPU.  How would I go about setting that part up?
I have ASIC's running there and it does well so I got that part figured out and I'm fairly certain I can get the GPU portion of it working but the CPU has me stumped.

Hi,
I've actually never tried CPU mining with Awesome Miner. Which CPU mining software are you using? Some of them have cgminer like API's that can be enabled that Awesome Miner can connect to.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has ran across the following when GPU mining with RX 480's with Awesome Miner:

All of my R9 Fury rigs and R9 380 rigs have no problem displaying the GPU temps, hash rate, etc...  You will notice in the following image link that I have Rig #17 highlighted in grey up top and in the window at the bottom you see each GPU with their Fan speed percentage, Temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.08.58 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/5ntc1y0o3/)

In this next screen shot, you will see I have Rig #14 high lighted.  Yet, it does not display the temperature of Rig #14 in the top window like the other Rigs and it does not display the GPU's in the bottom window with their fan speed, hash rate, temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.20.56 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/tkcpgb9lx/)

Rig 14 is a rig made up of 6 x RX 480's.  I have two more rigs of RX 480's I'm in the process of putting together.  I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong that is keeping the temps from posting in Awesome miner as well as keeping the GPU's from being listed in Awesome miner?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:  I have been up the entire night.  It is now 7:27am CST.  I may be sleeping when someone answers this post.  Please be patient for me wake up later to view any replies to my post.

Thanks in advance...

David

legendary

legendary
Well that post seems highly suspicious Roll Eyes
I agree, so I reported that post to a moderator and it has been removed now.
I don't recommend anyone to download Awesome Miner from strange web sites. It probably contains all sorts of virus and ransom-ware.

Please make sure that you only download Awesome Miner from the official web site.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Well that post seems highly suspicious Roll Eyes
@Percivul

what level of awesome miner do you have to start with free version , Pro ?. to use the auto-switching fully were you can set up your own custom scripts you need the Premium edition which I'm about to upgrade to it looks like I'll need that part soon .

@ patrike
all Avalon miners use a well written version of CGminer that actually is put into the master version of CGminer over what bitmain does , I'm not to sure with the S9, i know the s7 is forked and they won't put it in the master version like they will with the Avalon version .

At the moment, free.  I would be ok with purchasing the premium but I want to make certain it's going to work with my setup.  More than that, I would love to get it to work with CPU mining as there are a handful of coins that are profitable with CPU mining.  If I can get that part to work, I'll be getting a paid edition for sure.

I know there are some custom scripts you can load in to try it but im not to sure if they work with the free version on awesome miners site but to set up and edit you own i might wrong you will need the  Premium version at least  it's telling me i need the  Premium version i have the Pro version i don't mind paying for it either.

awesome should let you cpu mind with np  but I'm not to sure the limits of the free version beyond whats listed, some things are all ways over looked or not listed.

I'm Guessing at this point !!! .

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
@Percivul

what level of awesome miner do you have to start with free version , Pro ?. to use the auto-switching fully were you can set up your own custom scripts you need the Premium edition which I'm about to upgrade to it looks like I'll need that part soon .

@ patrike
all Avalon miners use a well written version of CGminer that actually is put into the master version of CGminer over what bitmain does , I'm not to sure with the S9, i know the s7 is forked and they won't put it in the master version like they will with the Avalon version .

At the moment, free.  I would be ok with purchasing the premium but I want to make certain it's going to work with my setup.  More than that, I would love to get it to work with CPU mining as there are a handful of coins that are profitable with CPU mining.  If I can get that part to work, I'll be getting a paid edition for sure.

I know there are some custom scripts you can load in to try it but im not to sure if they work with the free version on awesome miners site but to set up and edit you own i might wrong you will need the  Premium version at least  it's telling me i need the  Premium version i have the Pro version i don't mind paying for it either.

awesome should let you cpu mind with np  but I'm not to sure the limits of the free version beyond whats listed, some things are all ways over looked or not listed.

I'm Guessing at this point !!! .
@Percivul

@ patrike

At the moment, free.  I would be ok with purchasing the premium but I want to make certain it's going to work with my setup.  More than that, I would love to get it to work with CPU mining as there are a handful of coins that are profitable with CPU mining.  If I can get that part to work, I'll be getting a paid edition for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
@Percivul

@ patrike

I can say the A4.1 work well with awesome , I'll know in a few days if the A6 does just bought one it won't be here till around Wednesday 24 th, as for A7 if i get the cash to gather for one either at release or shortly after I'll let you know if no one else has by then, I'm sure some one will.
Jump to: