Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 627. (Read 701158 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
replied to patrike here :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15833332

after S9 reboots, it's restricted again, have to re-enable/reflash/mod.

after updating, the freq change is no more for free editions Sad sob sob
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Can anyone help me out?
Some of my miners have restricted api access and others have privileged. I've followed these instructions "Awesome Miner will automatically configure the Managed Miners to use Privileged mode by default. These settings can be changed from the Advanced section of the miner properties in the Awesome Miner Options dialog." But I can't see where to change it?

Those instructions are related to Managed Mining, and doesn't apply for External Miner feature that is used to monitor ASIC miners.

Are you using Antminer? S7 or S9 maybe?

Just a minute ago, I released Awesome Miner v1.7.6 with some corrections to the API Access feature where Awesome Miner can connect to S7 or S9 and enable Privileged mode.
The feature is available in the toolbar: Tools->Antminer ->Configure API access
I will write a guide for this on the web site, hopefully it will be finished tomorrow.

I have both s7's and s9's. I'll update it and see how it works. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
HI,
I've got the professional version. Right now it is at version 1.7.4. I have tried 4 or 5 times to get it to update to 1.7.5. It goes through the motions, but always comes back with the old version. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Smiley

I tried to update on 2 different laptops.

*** Never mind, it finally updated. (I should add I have only been able to get it to update on one laptop.) Still trying to get it to work.
If an application isn't installing/upgrading properly, it's often a good idea to first make sure to uninstall it (if already installed) from Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Next step is to reboot the computer. Then you can try to make a fresh installation again.

In 99% of the cases all installers works fine the first time without any reboots or problems. However, every once in a while, especially when there are pending Windows Update installations that are waiting for the next reboot, Windows can prevent installers from executing properly. This is why a reboot can solve the problem by letting Windows Update finish.

I'm not sure if the above is the case for you, but at least it should be worth a try.
legendary
Can anyone help me out?
Some of my miners have restricted api access and others have privileged. I've followed these instructions "Awesome Miner will automatically configure the Managed Miners to use Privileged mode by default. These settings can be changed from the Advanced section of the miner properties in the Awesome Miner Options dialog." But I can't see where to change it?

Those instructions are related to Managed Mining, and doesn't apply for External Miner feature that is used to monitor ASIC miners.

Are you using Antminer? S7 or S9 maybe?

Just a minute ago, I released Awesome Miner v1.7.6 with some corrections to the API Access feature where Awesome Miner can connect to S7 or S9 and enable Privileged mode.
The feature is available in the toolbar: Tools->Antminer ->Configure API access
I will write a guide for this on the web site, hopefully it will be finished tomorrow.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Visualize whirledps
HI,
I've got the professional version. Right now it is at version 1.7.4. I have tried 4 or 5 times to get it to update to 1.7.5. It goes through the motions, but always comes back with the old version. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Smiley

I tried to update on 2 different laptops.

*** Never mind, it finally updated. (I should add I have only been able to get it to update on one laptop.) Still trying to get it to work.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Can anyone help me out?
legendary
Awesome Miner v1.7.5 has just been released.

You can now configure Antminer API access (privileged mode) from Awesome Miner. There are also improvements to the feature to change Antminer frequency.
´´

I just bought the professional version of the software to enable API privileges and does not work.
Could you please send me the Awesome Miner log file to info[at]awesomeminer.com? You will find it in the toolbar: Tools -> Log File. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

You can now configure Antminer API access (privileged mode) from Awesome Miner. There are also improvements to the feature to change Antminer frequency.
´´

I just bought the professional version of the software to enable API privileges and does not work.

https://s31.postimg.org/3zp3r1ghn/API.png
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Awesome Patrik, will try it out ASAP  Wink
legendary

legendary
He did it again  Wink
Patrik, updated 30 miners conf file… still 30 to go…
Leave at least one so you can try the feature in next release that will setup the Antminer API automatically.  Wink

Will do  Wink
legendary
He did it again  Wink
Leave at least one so you can try the feature in next release that will setup the Antminer API automatically.  Wink
legendary
He did it again  Wink
legendary
Awesome Miner Version 1.7.4 has just been released

- Antminer S9 chip temperatures can be used in Rule Triggers
- First version of multi engine profit switcher
- Display combined profitability of dual mode with Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin
- Updated to use Claymore's Dual Ethereum Miner 5.3

Happy mining!
legendary
Hii patrike
I have latest verson 1.7.3 AM and i have some truble.
I use for mining GPUs and i mie ETH and ETC with Claymore`s Dual Ethereum+ Decred.... v 5.1.
But i use only for mining ETH or ETC (- mode 1).
AM show me correct speed, accepted shares.... but problem is with daily earning. ETC show correct price, earning.
ETH show price 0, earning 0. I use statistic default from Whattomine if i change to coinwarz i get price for ETH, but then i loose ETC price.
Any suggestion how to fix that issue?
THX

It looks like WhatToMine just stopped reporting Ethereum (ETH) statistics via their API. This is the API url:
http://www.whattomine.com/coins.json
Where we see the following in the beginning.
{"coins":{"Ethereum":{"tag":"ETC",
Basically, ETC is the short name for this coin that represents Ethereum (classic). But the API doesn't return any coin with the name "ETH". That worked just a day ago. This is probably something we can report to the WhatToMine admin as it's probably something they justed missed when adding both ETH / ETC.

I reported this to the admin of WhatToMine, and the problem has been corrected now. In next release of Awesome Miner I will include Ethereum Classic as a predefined coin as well.
legendary
On your home page it says:

Enable Cgminer / Sgminer API
For Awesome Miner to monitor the mining performed by Cgminer, Sgminer or similar mining software, the API of the mining software must be enabled. While this guide uses Cgminer and Sgminer in the examples, most Cgminer clones uses the same API and syntax.

The API can run in two different modes.

Restricted (read-only mode)
This will allow Awesome Miner to connect to Cgminer and display mining statistics. It is however not possible to make any changes to the miner, like changing pool and changing device settings.
Privileged (write/modify mode)
This mode will give Awesome Miner full access to the Cgminer API.
Awesome Miner will automatically configure the Managed Miners to use Privileged mode by default. These settings can be changed from the Advanced section of the miner properties in the Awesome Miner Options dialog.

But my dialog does not show that option ??

The part of the instructions about the Option dialog is referring to Managed Miners where you let Awesome Miner start the mining process on your Windows computer. For ASIC's like Antminer S7, this configuration can only be made on the miner itself. The API mode (Restricted/Read or Privileged/Write) can be set in the cgminer.conf file on the Antminer. I've sent you a PM about this, but please get back to me if you can't get it to work.
legendary
Hii patrike
I have latest verson 1.7.3 AM and i have some truble.
I use for mining GPUs and i mie ETH and ETC with Claymore`s Dual Ethereum+ Decred.... v 5.1.
But i use only for mining ETH or ETC (- mode 1).
AM show me correct speed, accepted shares.... but problem is with daily earning. ETC show correct price, earning.
ETH show price 0, earning 0. I use statistic default from Whattomine if i change to coinwarz i get price for ETH, but then i loose ETC price.
Any suggestion how to fix that issue?
THX

It looks like WhatToMine just stopped reporting Ethereum (ETH) statistics via their API. This is the API url:
http://www.whattomine.com/coins.json
Where we see the following in the beginning.
{"coins":{"Ethereum":{"tag":"ETC",
Basically, ETC is the short name for this coin that represents Ethereum (classic). But the API doesn't return any coin with the name "ETH". That worked just a day ago. This is probably something we can report to the WhatToMine admin as it's probably something they justed missed when adding both ETH / ETC.
legendary
Hey Patrik,

On your home page it says:

Enable Cgminer / Sgminer API
For Awesome Miner to monitor the mining performed by Cgminer, Sgminer or similar mining software, the API of the mining software must be enabled. While this guide uses Cgminer and Sgminer in the examples, most Cgminer clones uses the same API and syntax.

The API can run in two different modes.

Restricted (read-only mode)
This will allow Awesome Miner to connect to Cgminer and display mining statistics. It is however not possible to make any changes to the miner, like changing pool and changing device settings.
Privileged (write/modify mode)
This mode will give Awesome Miner full access to the Cgminer API.
Awesome Miner will automatically configure the Managed Miners to use Privileged mode by default. These settings can be changed from the Advanced section of the miner properties in the Awesome Miner Options dialog.

But my dialog does not show that option ??

legendary
I have a problem with reusing IP numbers from miners (Spondoolies sp20) that could not be restarted within the program. These mines has now been replaced by S7`s and uses the same IP-number, but somehow Awesome still remembers it as Spondoolies and restart i still not possible ?
Is there a way to flush Awesome, so the program does not remember older miners that shared the same IP as the new miner ?
Is the API of the Spondoolies running in Restricted or Privileged mode? In Awesome Miner, this in indicated on the Summary tab in the lower part of the window.
Maybe you could send me the API report for this miner? In the toolbar, Tools -> API Report.
legendary
I have one miner with three different pools. Is there any way to change the setting on the program so it balances the hash rate between all three?
What kind of mining are you doing? Bitcoin with ASIC or something else? Some versions of cgminer have built in support for balancing.

If you want Awesome Miner to change pool every 10 minutes (for example) to rotate between all the pools in the list, I do have a custom rule with a C# script for doing exactly that.
Jump to: