Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 44. (Read 32808 times)

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
60 watts?  I'm going to call bullshit on that.  Also, you would think if they are selling a $4000 product they could afford to get someone in there to take a decent, professional photo;  Not some shitty iphone 3gs photo at a weird angle with a crappy mouse sitting on top.
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
So on the chip level.

Are these actual ASICs or just some fancy custom FGPA?

best question. Waiting for detailed teardown of these miners
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
So on the chip level.

Are these actual ASICs or just some fancy custom FGPA?

Activity: 254
Merit: 109
So I've ordered one to test it. I will let you know when I have it.
From where did you order?
Why did you order? Share reasoning please!

Looks like he says where he ordered on page 3.

They deliver, they resell a lot of Baikal miners, but they are not too much reliable, especially bad communications if something defective in warranty.
Thanks. Yeah, I've read about the communication issue.
I will probably try to buy one from them then.
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
At today's prices this thing would break even in about 3 months.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
From where did you order?
Why did you order? Share reasoning please!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
i will bail out on this one, to expensive, 1250$ would be a good price, but they will find enough sheeps who buy that miner...

Hopefully they won't. But the uninformed masses never cease to amaze me. This thing is dead on arrival. I'd love to see baikal lose millions with this ASIC due to all the major coins switching algos (Monero and IPBC confirmed so far) but they've probably already made their investment back by mining with these for a few months before announcing them, unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
i will bail out on this one, to expensive, 1250$ would be a good price, but they will find enough sheeps who buy that miner...
Activity: 69
Merit: 2

good luck dude
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
So happy to see this thing dead on arrival.. XMR + IPBC switching algos, with hopefully other CN coins to follow. Fuck you, baikal.  Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
also vega can mine another algo. Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
price is too high) only one achievement - low power consumption)

Umm...

20 KH/s for $3600?

To build a GPU rig to do that you would need 10 Vegas... Those are $900 each and use 220 watts each at least, so...

10 x $900 + $600 (rest of rig) = $9,600 for the equivalent GPU rig...

Daily run time cost....

Baikal - $0.14 @ $0.10 per KWh
Vega - $5.28 @ $0.10 per KWh...

I'm still not buying one and hope it isn't true...
Activity: 165
Merit: 11
Asicminermarket.com is legit?

I would not use them, after all I heard from people who bought from them they are really sick.

If you are lucky you get your package straight away, but most of the people have to wait ages and some get nothing without refund. They just stop communication.

Do a bit research about them.

Better buy directly from baikal, they are trustworthy.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Asicminermarket.com is legit?
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
price is too high) only one achievement - low power consumption)
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
If the xmr guys would only stop making everybody panic when there is no reason to do so ...

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
With Cryptonight ASICs on the horizon, when (if) Ethereum does go to POS, it's starting to look like AMD based miners are in for a shit-show.

there are threads here on bitcointalk  of Bitmain making both an ethereum miner and also decred miners....I suspect they will be announced in

the middle of April 2018 right after the giant dump of asic equipment of many flavors from nov to march of bitmain products...

may be a rough 1/2 year with BTC price and Mt. Gox BTC dumps and affected ALT prices and difficulty dumps on massive equipment hits...not counting above

FML

Activity: 540
Merit: 251
ASK
With Cryptonight ASICs on the horizon, when (if) Ethereum does go to POS, it's starting to look like AMD based miners are in for a shit-show.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
is this a joke ?? can you give us video demo ?
Pages:
Jump to: