Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant X10 - page 100. (Read 132882 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 11
December 21, 2017, 10:24:24 AM
i set the fan to 35%, its very quiet. but sometimes maybe 2times in a minute it gets up thn down. how i can fix it?

I have the same question...

As there was same problem to other person on a different thread. I will post it there:

"Use %25 fan speed on myriad groestl.
 Use %50 fan speed on Quark or Qubit.

There is your mentioned problem with a fan speed if you set it, in the %30 - %40 interval."

A list with working fan speed would be cool.

20% - working
25% - working
30% - not working
50% - working

please continue if you have tested different values

whats the max operation degree in celcius for the chips?
Activity: 165
December 21, 2017, 08:46:57 AM
How long does it takes to receive tracking number after proofing of shipping address?
I've send address confirmation mail at 13'th of December and there is no any updates after that.

I had to double confirm and still got no waybill.

I asked them via mail about the status, but they had missunderstood it. They thought i wanted to buy Giant  X10 and told me Giant B is the new model.
Hope they understand my reply and i will know something more when they will be delivered.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 08:44:41 AM
Well... last night it looked like I was going to be able to say that the miner stayed up for 36 hours for the first time

...but it was off-line when I woke up this morning.

Another 3 hours lost. I can't get a good 24-hour baseline on anything because the damn thing has only mined for more than 24 hours straight on two occasions.
Activity: 35
December 21, 2017, 07:28:02 AM
I got the email for the address conformation so now I wait for the bill. Can you guys tell me which pools are you using? Somebody mentioned that there is problem with zpool. I have never used it but I know it pays directly in BTC. Anybody to give some info? Or some info for suprnova.cc or theblocksfactory.com?

I got the email confirmation as well just now

Same here
How long does it takes to receive tracking number after proofing of shipping address?
I've send address confirmation mail at 13'th of December and there is no any updates after that.

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
December 20, 2017, 08:34:53 PM
How to overclock Baikal X10 , please help + tutorial  thanks
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
December 20, 2017, 07:00:50 PM
i set the fan to 35%, its very quiet. but sometimes maybe 2times in a minute it gets up thn down. how i can fix it?

As there was same problem to other person on a different thread. I will post it there:

There is your mentioned problem with a fan speed if you set it, in the %30 - %40 interval."

A list with working fan speed would be cool.

20% - working
25% - working
30% - not working
50% - working

please continue if you have tested different values
Activity: 224
December 20, 2017, 06:36:18 PM

Activity: 326
Merit: 250
December 20, 2017, 06:19:32 PM

Activity: 142
December 20, 2017, 05:56:25 PM
Activity: 374
Merit: 101
December 20, 2017, 05:25:25 PM
lol, well, let’s hope for firmware upgrade as soon as possible then...preferably with 2 new algos too

No no no, please new algos when 2nd batch is delivered.   Wink
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
December 20, 2017, 05:16:07 PM
lol, well, let’s hope for firmware upgrade as soon as possible then...preferably with 2 new algos too
December 20, 2017, 02:17:53 PM
My x10 just went offline again without warning for the 3rd time in 4 days.

Lucky I was home for lunch to restart it.

Offline randomly for the 4th time in 5 days...

Thing won't mine for more than ~ 36 hours straight.

Mine only goes down if im not watching. So to solve the problem never leave your pc. Also, be sure not to go to sleep as it knows and instantly shuts down.

This seems to be true.  Every time it's gone down I was not in the house! Tongue
Activity: 224
December 20, 2017, 12:12:47 PM

Mine only goes down if im not watching. So to solve the problem never leave your pc. Also, be sure not to go to sleep as it knows and instantly shuts down.

Grin you nailed it!
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
December 20, 2017, 10:29:38 AM

Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 20, 2017, 10:28:30 AM

December 19, 2017, 07:54:29 PM
Hello,

hope someone can help me out Baikal doesn't response "nice Support".

The Baikal Giant X10 I got doesn't work.
I've only red lights on the board active. Ethernet connection is working and I can connect to the miner.
But it doesn't mine at all. And I can't change the fan speed ...seems it's not recognizing it.

I thought the SD-Card has malfunctions but after formating and new flashing it's still not working.
Fan speed can't be adjusted and the blue lights are not active only red one.

Do you know what to do? So long delays and now a not working Miner ....it's very frustrating. Baikal doesn't even care!!

Hope someone can help and guide for a solution.

Appriciate about any response.

Have you tried different pools and set the right algo

Yes I did it ...but no changes. It's really curious I mean it must be possible to change the fan speed. It has nothing to do with the pool or anything else.
Hmm maybe it's the raspberry pi zero? Or what kind of raspberry does they used?

But Thanks for your help ..maybe anone else with an idea?

Thanks everyone

The pi might be bad.  I think it's an orange pi zero.  Maybe you want to just unplug it form the other board and plug it back in to make sure it's seated correctly?

My first suggestion would have been that maybe your sd card image was bad because the fan setting is built in to the custom compiled sgminer binary.  Since that didn't fix it, my next guess is that there is a problem with communication between the pi and the fan.  I didn't really look, but I'm assuming the fan has it's own controller that just receives commands from the pi over one of the i/o ports.  I could be way off...
Activity: 63
December 19, 2017, 07:09:19 PM
Hello,

I've only red lights on the board active. Ethernet connection is working and I can connect to the miner.
But it doesn't mine at all. And I can't change the fan speed ...seems it's not recognizing it.

I thought the SD-Card has malfunctions but after formating and new flashing it's still not working.

Do you know what to do? So long delays and now a not working Miner ....it's very frustrating. Baikal doesn't even care!!

Yes I did it ...but no changes. It's really curious I mean it must be possible to change the fan speed. It has nothing to do with the pool or anything else.
Hmm maybe it's the raspberry pi zero? Or what kind of raspberry does they used?

But Thanks for your help ..maybe anone else with an idea?

Thanks everyone
December 19, 2017, 06:37:11 PM

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
December 19, 2017, 06:23:12 PM
Hello,

Activity: 46
December 19, 2017, 06:18:09 PM
Received my miner today. So far (over 8h running) it made around 400 DGB, which is alot less than I expected or whattomine says.
I'm mining on Mining Pool Hub, since it was easy to setup und I'm pretty new to mining in general.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to do special settings except to point my miner on the pool? Like do I have to set the difficulty or something like that? And if so, how exactly do I do that?
Also sometimes my Dashboard on MPH shows that my hashrate is down to like 8GH/s or 5GH/s or once even 1GH/s but in the settings of the Miner it was constantly on over 10GH/s and I dont have auto switching activated so it cannot switch to other coins.. Why is that??

EDIT:
I just saw that sometimes when the hashrate on Digibyte-Groestl goes down I get hashrate on Myriadcoin-Groestl even tho I didnt allow my miner/worker to mine that coin. Why is that? Did anyone ever have a similar problem on Mining Pool Hub?

MPH will only mine coins based on your X10 settings. If you only have 1 entry (bad idea), then only one coin will be mined.

1. You can mine a single coin by finding the port number: click on the coin name in the left hand menu, then select Getting Started. For example, Digibyte-Groestl is port 20499.

2. You can also set-up to mine coins of a particular algorithm as show on the MPH homepage. For example, Myriad-Groestl is port 17005.

3. The 3rd option is to mine coins for multiple algorithms, you do this by changing the port to start with 12xxx rather than 17xxx.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16019833 for more info (that is based on Giant+, but it's similar).

C.

Thank you very much. This solved my problem. It was set on 17005.
Pages:
Jump to: