Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON? - page 17. (Read 27820 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
April 08, 2017, 09:18:14 PM
For anyone with one of the previous miners, do you mine the multi algo or is it generally more profitable to just mine dash?
Dash is rarely the best coin to mine. Right now mine is on MUE. Lately MUE or nicehash have been the best. On a multi-algo pool it does ADZ a lot, but my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE.

Thanks for the response.  I see MUE at the top of WhatToMine right now for the algos they include.  I have some PinIdea X11 miners but they only do X11.  I have in the past done some adz as well as goldblocks mining off and on but with those you have to accumulate a decent amount on the pool side, transfer it to the exchange, and then still get a good price.  WhatToMine might show adz as the most profitable at a given moment but considering the time it takes to turn it into BTC it isn't a sure thing that mining it now will mean more BTC later than mining something else now.  If I had to bet as to whether DASH was going to go up or adz was going to go up I would feel more comfortable betting on DASH, and that's without any comment as to the relative worth or utility of either of them.  Just that mining DASH seems like a safer bet in terms of getting a decent BTC payout than mining adz.  Especially more recently.

But I plan to get a couple of these Baikal units so the other algos are not something I have had to pay attention to before and I am just wondering if X11 is really the biggest factor or not when the other algos are also available.  Given the spread I see right now on WhatToMine I would probably do MUE with it but I am just curious as to how often it is that other coins are a better option than DASH for these Baikal miners.  Are you talking about MPH when you say "my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE"?  I see they don't have a coin using quark at all which is weird since they mention it in the post about the Baikal miner. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16019833

MUE has gone up and down like a jojo for the past few weeks. Best stable is NH by a long shot for x11....
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 08, 2017, 09:09:24 PM
For anyone with one of the previous miners, do you mine the multi algo or is it generally more profitable to just mine dash?
Dash is rarely the best coin to mine. Right now mine is on MUE. Lately MUE or nicehash have been the best. On a multi-algo pool it does ADZ a lot, but my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE.

Thanks for the response.  I see MUE at the top of WhatToMine right now for the algos they include.  I have some PinIdea X11 miners but they only do X11.  I have in the past done some adz as well as goldblocks mining off and on but with those you have to accumulate a decent amount on the pool side, transfer it to the exchange, and then still get a good price.  WhatToMine might show adz as the most profitable at a given moment but considering the time it takes to turn it into BTC it isn't a sure thing that mining it now will mean more BTC later than mining something else now.  If I had to bet as to whether DASH was going to go up or adz was going to go up I would feel more comfortable betting on DASH, and that's without any comment as to the relative worth or utility of either of them.  Just that mining DASH seems like a safer bet in terms of getting a decent BTC payout than mining adz.  Especially more recently.

But I plan to get a couple of these Baikal units so the other algos are not something I have had to pay attention to before and I am just wondering if X11 is really the biggest factor or not when the other algos are also available.  Given the spread I see right now on WhatToMine I would probably do MUE with it but I am just curious as to how often it is that other coins are a better option than DASH for these Baikal miners.  Are you talking about MPH when you say "my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE"?  I see they don't have a coin using quark at all which is weird since they mention it in the post about the Baikal miner. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16019833

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
April 08, 2017, 07:27:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 08, 2017, 06:34:25 PM
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
April 08, 2017, 06:20:06 PM
New-Baikal miner Cube.

Next week open for sale.

more inform please check with www.baikalminer.com

Congrats Baikal!  Exciting news!  I can hardly wait to see how you updated the Giant. :-)  Please keep us posted.  Hoping there will be another group buy here! 
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
April 08, 2017, 04:05:26 PM
But now the price is $799. I got one 6 weeks ago for $300

not really worth it IMHO

you buyed the old one...
before, baikalminer mini was a 150Mhs...
this one is new, and is 300MHs...
andalso afted DASH bubble all wants this miner..
so they rise the price
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
April 08, 2017, 04:01:18 PM

not really worth it IMHO

You got the new miner 6 weeks ago? how?  Grin
Baikal mini miner was 150Mhs
This new miner is 300Mhs
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
April 08, 2017, 04:00:21 PM

not really worth it IMHO
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2017, 01:53:38 PM
No PSU or cables are provided.
Just use a ATX PSU with a 100W minimum rating.
Looks like they are using the 6-pin PCIe connectors which mate to the cords on the ATX supply.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
April 08, 2017, 01:19:05 PM
New-Baikal miner Cube.

Next week open for sale.

all ok..
but what about PSU???
it is not included??
right?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
www.baikalminer.com
April 08, 2017, 09:27:31 AM
New-Baikal miner Cube.

Next week open for sale.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 08, 2017, 04:08:07 AM

Where did they post that they had stock?

See correction below..from baikal skype just now below...site revamp....it seems according to baikal skype person just now

The site is slow, but I did get through.  It appears that they are out of inventory...again.   Sad

Yeah the baikal skype folk say they will announce on the www site ..when available..but we seem to be SHOL if that is the case

oh well at 300mh and 120 watts and 800 bucks with a 5 month ROI or so on dash with dash dropping and difficulty shooting up...probably not a big deal.

Toy wise at worse in a year you would get your $$$ back...but by the time I got any at the prices they are increasing them too...it is not viable

for data hall anymore. Likely I will wait and get a used one..and justify it as a 'toy' factor (like the 150 bucks spent on a bitseed v2 bitcoin node because

i had no time and was too lazy to build it myself).....always a sucker for those whirly fan noises and blinking LCD's ..thus 'prudence' on purchasing miner

and asic equip when you have a 'home miner' addiction..is always best to keep in mind.....so will file this 'toy' away for later

Now Bit main L3's at 250mh and 400watts, on the other hand (that don't exist) hubba, hubba baby ..I'll fall of the wagon for them on my asic addiction in 2 seconds. IF I had an angle to get those!,,,alas ..unicorn ghosts at this point in time...can't even console myself with a frigging baby baikal miner Sad

(so predictablle I am....) Smiley buy buy buy at some points.....other times run away, run away, run away...my only 2 speeds in regard to asic miner equipment ..I'm one sic puppy!

later

brad

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
April 08, 2017, 04:04:50 AM
Where did they post that they had stock?
Activity: 128
Merit: 11
April 08, 2017, 03:51:27 AM
The site is slow, but I did get through.  It appears that they are out of inventory...again.   Sad
copper member
Clueless!
April 08, 2017, 03:43:03 AM
Anyone manage to get a baikal 300 this last go around? (Today ..unless it is just a site revamp) Seems they are out yet again. Lag was bad. Probably sold out before the English page was redone. Also only thing on the page was 300mh baikal for 800 bucks and limited to 2 only

Annoying, having no notice Sad

The page I tried today (new) anyway....assuming it is just NOT a page re-do only. Lag was bad enough I assumed they sold out ..but not sure..any info?

others?

baikal folk lurking on here?

later

brad

Activity: 270
Merit: 100
April 04, 2017, 03:12:32 PM

[/quote]

sure, i just cleaned the web ui pass (is "baikal" now) and reset the hostname/hosts entry to "Baikal"

im heading to work, will update this post with dl link once compressing and upload is done

edit: here it is: https://transfer.sh/d2EiQ/giant.img.tar.gz
link will expire after 14 days, grab it while its there
[/quote]
Thank a lot, will try them, meanwhile tried the v3.0 img from their site, on miningpoolhub auto-switch is finally working, but can not connect to nicehash eu servers, usa working well, weird, anybody experienced something like that?
copper member
Clueless!
April 04, 2017, 06:59:08 AM
I have talk with bikalminer on skype, they told me that the miner was available but when I try to but from http://www.baikalminer.com/ but I get out of stock message.

Is the bikalminer account on skype fake ?

Please let me know

thx

yeah there are a bunch of fake baikalminer sites on skype.

use the skype they have on their www page make them verify thru them ail from their to you they are still out i think thou...only order thru the legit web site!

edit: the regular english side of the site does not come up https:// secure in any way ..weird..just informed them ...that should not do that Smiley

I just got on ...no stock on the regular baikalminer site....they informed me weeks ago you are just supposed to lurk on the www site till (or if) they announce lol

Last week I finally got contact with Baikal via a Chinese chat. They are now on some Chinese holiday until April 5th. Anyway, they officially are sold out of A900's but will dispatch group orders of 35, possibly 30. A bit too rich for me but by the next day they said the batch was already taken anyway. They are bound to respond to an order of that size (or larger). If someone here is able to start a group-buy that's probably a way to go forward, I'm down for 5 of the units. PM me if you are able to administer a group-buy.

be careful see the posts above www.baikalsminers.com is a SCAM (note the s in baikal s miner.com) also of the 9 baikalminers on skype 8 are fake!

you want to contact www.baikalminer.com ...anytime I contact them on skype or email they just tell me no idea when/if another batch and to go away Sad

but with x11 prices dumping may happen

worked out for me missing the baikalminer's past group buy thou....got bitmain L3's instead...

(dumb and lucky my motto on how to go thru the crypto universe...I'm like a baby ..crawling down the freewary unharmed around the wrecks)  Smiley

Activity: 182
Merit: 108
April 04, 2017, 06:45:45 AM
I have talk with bikalminer on skype, they told me that the miner was available but when I try to but from http://www.baikalminer.com/ but I get out of stock message.

Is the bikalminer account on skype fake ?

Please let me know

thx

yeah there are a bunch of fake baikalminer sites on skype.

use the skype they have on their www page make them verify thru them ail from their to you they are still out i think thou...only order thru the legit web site!

edit: the regular english side of the site does not come up https:// secure in any way ..weird..just informed them ...that should not do that Smiley

I just got on ...no stock on the regular baikalminer site....they informed me weeks ago you are just supposed to lurk on the www site till (or if) they announce lol

Last week I finally got contact with Baikal via a Chinese chat. They are now on some Chinese holiday until April 5th. Anyway, they officially are sold out of A900's but will dispatch group orders of 35, possibly 30. A bit too rich for me but by the next day they said the batch was already taken anyway. They are bound to respond to an order of that size (or larger). If someone here is able to start a group-buy that's probably a way to go forward, I'm down for 5 of the units. PM me if you are able to administer a group-buy.
Activity: 182
Merit: 108
April 04, 2017, 05:54:04 AM
Since everyone is trying to put hands on baikal a lot of scams are following.

Take care people. Right now there is nothing in stock, w8 for official communication using a  certified channel.

Yes, be aware of sites taking advantage of the rampage of ppl looking for Baikal miners.
You're all already aware of www.baikalsminer.com - stay away from there!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
April 04, 2017, 03:13:10 AM
My Baikals running on SGMINER 4.9.4. are also running good.its image is on Baikalminer website.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1GBwN5-i39VbDM0ZW4wTlU4OWc

i was under the impression that the giants have a 4gb card only, how does the 8gb image work for them?
the 3.0 image is the 5.X image, right?

I am talking about my Quads. 8GB. By the way if I were you try this version, same controller and same chips for hashing what the hack.

i see, i made an image from my first giants which had the 4.9.4 sgminer on them and used it for my newer ones

i dont have them anymore, i sold them, but still have the image for future miners if necessary Tongue

Would you be so kind to upload it somewhere? I would honor it with some coins too.

sure, i just cleaned the web ui pass (is "baikal" now) and reset the hostname/hosts entry to "Baikal"

im heading to work, will update this post with dl link once compressing and upload is done

edit: here it is: https://transfer.sh/d2EiQ/giant.img.tar.gz
link will expire after 14 days, grab it while its there
Pages:
Jump to: