Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON? - page 21. (Read 27820 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 252
March 20, 2017, 11:56:10 PM
On a side note, I myself have never built a gpu rig but can someone who has more experience than myself chime in? Roughly how many gpu's would I need to get 150mg/h? Similar to the baikal mini?

Thanks man.....I'm going to start looking at other avenues...Dash price is too high not to start exploring, and sourcing out used parts in my local craigslist.
Activity: 136
Merit: 16
March 20, 2017, 10:53:07 PM
My speculation: They are being silenced by a massive private order with a non-disclosure agreement.  All production is going toward a single, private customer - a Chinese warehouse full of miners.
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
March 20, 2017, 10:03:02 PM
True I understand that it is still in the early implementation stages but I guess I am a little bit needy and want some information.  Grin That being said I will likely purchase some parts to put together 3-4 gpu mining rigs for Zcash or Monero. The ROI is much much lower than these Baikals but the ease of purchasing equipment is easier and they still retain some small potential resale value. These Baikals would all but be worthless should a better miner come out from either the same company or another one.
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
March 20, 2017, 08:59:42 PM
It is easy - now they dont need you, maybe sometime later. They have enough VIP customers and according to me  they will sell slowly some little quantity to them.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
March 20, 2017, 08:29:06 PM
we just want a bit of transparency and honesty, if they are mining just tell us

I dig it.  Communication can always be better, but I guess my point is that they don't owe us any communication either.  It would be awesome to be prepared, but don't forget that this is still the wild west!
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
March 20, 2017, 08:15:19 PM
Ya I largely agree! The issue is not really that they are out of stock but rather that they have zero transparency at all. They could at least give us some time table so we aren't left expecting and we have the opportunity to make preparations. Well I have two more minis on the way that were purchased from other individuals so that makes 4 minis for me but I would easily wait to buy 9-10 quads if I had some time table of a new batch coming in. I also don't really care if they are mining with them right now but it would also still be nice to know that's what they are doing with them. I would simply like to be told the truth. Now maybe they really will be in stock by mid April but some assurance of that would be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
March 20, 2017, 07:26:59 PM
seems plenty of people are suspicious of the behavior of baikal lately and we just want some answers.
What's to be suspicious about?  Even if they are mining (and in their position I would do the same in a NY minute) they are doing so with the gear they designed and built.  They don't owe us anything.  If they decide to sell machines in two weeks and DASH is still on a tear, don't expect to be paying 500 bucks a unit the second time around either.

This is a privately held company turning a profit--I'm not sure what people are yelling about.

yeah I would be mining if I were them hands down,

price...not the problem... people are willing to pay more

if baikal are mining... not the problem...we get it, they have money printers

that is not the issue

the issue is everyone here in the community is like hmmm wtf is happening right now... you should see my inbox

we just want a bit of transparency and honesty, if they are mining just tell us
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
March 20, 2017, 07:15:17 PM
seems plenty of people are suspicious of the behavior of baikal lately and we just want some answers.
What's to be suspicious about?  Even if they are mining (and in their position I would do the same in a NY minute) they are doing so with the gear they designed and built.  They don't owe us anything.  If they decide to sell machines in two weeks and DASH is still on a tear, don't expect to be paying 500 bucks a unit the second time around either.

This is a privately held company turning a profit--I'm not sure what people are yelling about.
March 20, 2017, 06:37:57 PM
If I were Baikal this is exactly what I would be thinking.....

"God Dammit, we sold a thousand at a discount to those guys at bitcointalk, quickly go hookup the last thousand we have and start mining dash NOW"

My speculation of course.
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
March 20, 2017, 06:32:39 PM
Maybe there is self-mining in process because of the DASH price rising?

Or possibly there is a lack of chips needed for miners.
IMHO this is the most obvious think.
Actually I would do that if I were them. Do not you all?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
March 20, 2017, 06:30:22 PM
Maybe Baikal and Pinidea etc are taking a more reserved approach than Bitmain and other btc asics.  It is better to create a high demand and high price and get good margins for their work. 

It is easy to be greedy and want more machines but with more machines comes higher difficulty and we could just end up with another overmined market that will lead to lower profits / longer ROIs / higher power use.  All of which lead to lower interest and lower prices of both coin and machine.

I find it hard to believe that the company making the machines do not mine or at least have very close friends / family who get a private deal.  Keep an eye of the total hash rates...
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
March 20, 2017, 05:34:11 PM
Considering that they consume very little power and very short ROI, you would expect them to mine for themselves and produce more profit than selling, they can adjust the price to be one year ROI and will sell
legendary
March 20, 2017, 04:59:58 PM
Best thing about Baikal miners is they are ROCK SOLID. No issues since I got involved last fall. Great, fast, stable, cool, quiet. Everything you want from a miner.

they are amazing miners no doubt, thats why I sold them
legendary
March 20, 2017, 04:58:31 PM
-teamgreen: I get it... I get it.....we would just like some clarification.... know what the new price will be and give a timeframe to work with (several weeks doesn't really cut the mustard)

-MakeMyDay619: cheers mate, rest assured I will ALWAYS be actively selling mining gear and keeping up with all of the community antics Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
March 20, 2017, 04:51:48 PM
Best thing about Baikal miners is they are ROCK SOLID. No issues since I got involved last fall. Great, fast, stable, cool, quiet. Everything you want from a miner.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
March 20, 2017, 04:50:35 PM
I remember when I first purchase a mini back in August 2016 they were 500usd. Then they soon went out stock and had an exact release date for their new ones....not sure but I think it was Oct 16th or something like that. Then sales slumped and they lowered their pricing by 20% as they were sitting on dead stock. Dash then sky rocketed, group buys by Bittawn and stock is now gone. I'm sure they are scrambling to get new stock but I'm confident the A900's won't be anything less than 3000 even 3500usd a piece if dash price holds.

to explain  in terms of different gear take a pandaminer also sold out due to eth price rise and btc drop.

My panda rx 480 4gb model earns .0235 btc a day  mining eth pointed at nicehash converted to btc

44th  of  s-9 earns 0.0232 btc a day pointed at f2pool.

the panda uses 1100-1150 watts

44th of s9 uses  4500-4600 watts

so pandas sell out boom.

Activity: 2268
Merit: 870
March 20, 2017, 04:49:48 PM
To my mind baikal miners become popular task nowdays because I hear them from most people near me which are in mining for years. Well, there is no information if they are mining as you asked but maybe they will act like bitmain.
They aren't active here but if I amn't wrong, there are more known people on dash forum in that task.
March 20, 2017, 04:42:39 PM
I remember when I first purchase a mini back in August 2016 they were 500usd. Then they soon went out stock and had an exact release date for their new ones....not sure but I think it was Oct 16th or something like that. Then sales slumped and they lowered their pricing by 20% as they were sitting on dead stock. Dash then sky rocketed, group buys by Bittawn and stock is now gone. I'm sure they are scrambling to get new stock but I'm confident the A900's won't be anything less than 3000 even 3500usd a piece if dash price holds.
Activity: 20
March 20, 2017, 04:32:56 PM
Hey all,

I am getting waves and waves of messages from people regarding baikal miners

let me be clear - baikals are sold out world wide.

I am creating this thread for the community to get together and speculate what is actually happening right now.

Baikal is not telling me any information except "several weeks"

I try to ask questions such as:

1. will there be more batches?

2. When will the next batch be available?

3. what stage of production is the current batch in?

4. Is there new products in development?

5. is baikal mining themselves (they say no)

the only 2 answers I am getting are:

"several weeks" and "we are not mining"

I really helped promoto and to support baikal but it seems like they want nothing to do with the community here

please speculate and let me know any intel that you have

we need more x11 mining manufacturers to start up......when you have a cash cow you just dont stop producing it with no explanation to the customers. even if they came to us and said listen the goods are still 1 month away but they ARE ON THE WAY. that would be better than NO INFORMATION and "SEVERAL WEEKS".....after several weeks then what?Huh? will they start producing or will the product be ready?

Excellent proactive  approach! bittawn, if baikal fails for whatever reason, maybe you can direct us to some other producer? Smiley Who else is doing x11 ASIC? PinIdea and...Huh
Activity: 51
March 20, 2017, 03:56:53 PM
It's pretty simple really.  Dash exploded, demand for their miners skyrocketed and at present they cannot keep up w/ that demand.  Honestly if I were them I would be raising pricing substantially - it's all about leverage.  Be patient, stop whining and focus on something else until more become available.
Pages:
Jump to: