Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON? - page 19. (Read 27829 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
March 24, 2017, 11:28:10 PM
Activity: 9
March 23, 2017, 11:14:22 PM
Activity: 12
March 23, 2017, 08:08:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
March 23, 2017, 04:34:01 PM

My guess is ... they are actually selling everything they get to big customers.

I do not believe they are selling any to big customers (or at least those big customers are not mining with them yet). 

Why do I believe that?  Network-wide, the DASH X11 hashrate has not been climbing, it's actually down a bit this week from peak.  If they were shipping miners and big customers were mining with them, one would expect to see that in the hashrate. 

BTW:  This same argument holds true to debunk the suggestion that Baikal themselves were keeping the hardware and mining with it.

mining4bacon

they could be mining other coins
Activity: 19
March 23, 2017, 04:11:54 PM

My guess is ... they are actually selling everything they get to big customers.

I do not believe they are selling any to big customers (or at least those big customers are not mining with them yet). 

Why do I believe that?  Network-wide, the DASH X11 hashrate has not been climbing, it's actually down a bit this week from peak.  If they were shipping miners and big customers were mining with them, one would expect to see that in the hashrate. 

BTW:  This same argument holds true to debunk the suggestion that Baikal themselves were keeping the hardware and mining with it.

mining4bacon
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
March 23, 2017, 01:47:42 PM
I bought a few of these when they first came out.  Played with them briefly then sold them.  This goes back to when there was not an altcoin trading for more than $3 (except Litecoin).
Tried to order a quad.  
They said sorry, they out of quads.  "Is there anything else you would like?"  
I asked when they would get them in.  
They said they had no idea and could not even estimate.  
I said, "OK, well give me 4 singles."  
"Sorry sir we are out of those too?"
What the ETA on those?
"We don't know and can not estimate?"
I asked, "What else do you sell?
"nothing sir"
So I assume we are only speaking with the hired help.  Someone else is pulling the strings.
My guess is either legal trouble or they are actually selling everything they get to big customers.
EDIT - of course what do I know.
Activity: 464
Merit: 252
March 23, 2017, 01:17:00 PM
but can you tell us what the problem exactly is? i have a company and and i know exactly whats going on. why dont u?

i mean its not important that you sell, its important that we know when we can buy. i think we dont need a company that helds its customers in the dark.

@ all: does the anyone know, if the baikal miners have encrypted code on them? which company can we give orders for cloning the baikal miner? i mean in china its abolutly ok to clone and its a part of market philosophy Smiley

This has already crossed my mind as well... I mean...I remember back in the late 90's early 2000's it was big business up here in Canada regarding hacked satellite cards. I recall a certain someone sending a few of the card programmers to china for reverse engineering, which is actually not the hard part. Its what you program on the chips, so back in those days the program was readily available to load on the atmel chips making it much less difficult.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 23, 2017, 10:23:49 AM
Like any good portfolio, you shouldn't have all your eggs in one basket, currently my farm is split as follows:  108Th SHA265, 9.15Gh X11, 36 x 1070GTX's

w/cryptocoin holdings, 35% BTC, 40% ETH, 25% other ALTs

I recommend everyone diversity, this is no different than investing in stocks, precious metals, real estate, etc.  Be smart, diversity and HODL!

Mining4Bacon

Agreed, If this would be a an expertise area, I'd say focus on one thing and be the best one. But in terms of investing, don't rely on single unit.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
March 23, 2017, 06:41:03 AM
but can you tell us what the problem exactly is? i have a company and and i know exactly whats going on. why dont u?

i mean its not important that you sell, its important that we know when we can buy. i think we dont need a company that helds its customers in the dark.

@ all: does the anyone know, if the baikal miners have encrypted code on them? which company can we give orders for cloning the baikal miner? i mean in china its abolutly ok to clone and its a part of market philosophy Smiley
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
www.baikalminer.com
March 23, 2017, 04:49:36 AM

Hi,

A lot of thanks for all your attentions and cares on Baikal.

We are out of stock on three miners at the moment, But trust me I will let all of you knows as soon as here I have any news be informed from company.

If later we can accept pre-order, No doubt on me to be here and write at the firt time I got this news.

Thanks again, I hope I will be back soon with good news for you.

Baikal

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
I hope those smiling faces could make you look here, cause i realize it is hard to attract attentions without a good displaying profile image. level is not enough now...  Cry
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 23, 2017, 04:20:07 AM
since there is no availability for this, it can be good to consider selling them for more than the original price, like 5 btc, i was thinking about this possibility after all they are making nearly 0.03 per day...

i have gone ahead and made my 4 giants available for purchase at about 5 btc, 2 are already reserved. thanks Smiley

5btc for the 2 remainders? if so send me a pm.

to not create any confusion as my inbox is getting spammed Cheesy

5btc each

also im located in germany and im only shipping inside germany (and maybe some neighbors)

now back on topic Wink

Is the United States close enough to being a neighbor for you?  Grin

one customer handles shipping to the usa on his own via his company, but unfortunately all miners are sold already
didnt expect it to work out that fast, it only took about 1hr for all miners to be sold Smiley

where on ebay you are selling them?

its a germany only (afaik) local site from ebay: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/baikal-giant-miner-a900-900mh-s-x11-x13-x14-x15-quark-qubit/621812041-168-4895
much like local newspaper ads, it doesnt take fees but customers arent protected as with ebay
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 23, 2017, 03:56:40 AM
since there is no availability for this, it can be good to consider selling them for more than the original price, like 5 btc, i was thinking about this possibility after all they are making nearly 0.03 per day...

i have gone ahead and made my 4 giants available for purchase at about 5 btc, 2 are already reserved. thanks Smiley

5btc each

also im located in germany and im only shipping inside germany (and maybe some neighbors)

now back on topic Wink

one customer handles shipping to the usa on his own via his company, but unfortunately all miners are sold already
didnt expect it to work out that fast, it only took about 1hr for all miners to be sold Smiley

where on ebay you are selling them?
March 23, 2017, 02:57:29 AM

5btc each

now back on topic Wink

Activity: 794
Merit: 272
March 23, 2017, 12:03:56 AM

5btc each

now back on topic Wink

March 22, 2017, 03:41:14 PM

5btc each

now back on topic Wink
March 22, 2017, 03:38:13 PM

March 22, 2017, 03:31:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 22, 2017, 03:26:31 PM
when dash eventally dumps bikal will come crying back
to the customers they are spurning now and offer u dusty used
miners for full price lool

always happens , never fails asic miners love to bite the hand that feeds them
ill atick to gpu mining thank you, but ill have my popcord ready

with current profitability i can roi in two months, that is a bargian, by the time dash is dumped i roied already on my a-900 giant

nothing can roi in two months at the moment...
March 22, 2017, 03:25:13 PM
haha nice, power included in rent.......

Yes in fact I purposely moved here back in the S3 days. Older apartment building without individual meters with electric baseboard heaters in each unit, so the building is a huge power sucker to begin with.....works in my favor Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
March 22, 2017, 03:20:19 PM
haha nice, power included in rent.......
Pages:
Jump to: