Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON? - page 2. (Read 27818 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
April 26, 2017, 04:13:00 PM
did you guys pass? did most people pass on this?

my 300mh is getting like 7 usd a day...with the double difficulty I expect....gotta be about a year to ROI at best now

I'm getting same results here. About USD $7 per day with my Cube 300 MH/s after the first two days running. My strategy to shorten the ROI time is to keep the mining earnings in Dash and to wait until the price bounces back to 0.1 BTC/DASH (or higher). Then selling Dash for Bitcoin. That way the ROI time can be shortened by a third or more. Just my two satoshi…

is not more easy mining with nicehash ? You will get bitcoins and btc growing faster in this period. What do u think ?

And about to get 4 x S9 Antminers 13TH/s?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 26, 2017, 04:05:29 PM

my 300mh is getting like 7 usd a day...with the double difficulty I expect....gotta be about a year to ROI at best now

I'm getting same results here. About USD $7 per day with my Cube 300 MH/s after the first two days running. My strategy to shorten the ROI time is to keep the mining earnings in Dash and to wait until the price bounces back to 0.1 BTC/DASH (or higher). Then selling Dash for Bitcoin. That way the ROI time can be shortened by a third or more. Just my two satoshi…

is not more easy mining with nicehash ? You will get bitcoins and btc growing faster in this period. What do u think ?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
April 26, 2017, 03:10:57 PM

Activity: 270
April 26, 2017, 03:10:29 PM
Actually all the new gear are linear, no new chipset, so I don't get why people are afraid of a new faster miner, as we can see the hash/price/watt never changed. Its not like with the L3+ which is in inverse proportion to the price. You could buy the same hr for the same price with the minis, just unpracticality issues could occur.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
April 26, 2017, 01:32:04 PM
Did baikal get their issues sorted out or are people actually ordering from this new baikal seller?

any "new" baikal seller is a scam. There have been several in the past week...
April 26, 2017, 01:22:16 PM
Did baikal get their issues sorted out or are people actually ordering from this new baikal seller?

Which new baikal seller?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
April 26, 2017, 01:19:55 PM
Activity: 121
April 26, 2017, 11:54:10 AM
I guess I will just pass on mining Dash and stick with Ether & ZCash since I already have those up and running near ROI.

I'll just purchase Dash outright and hope value increases with difficulty.

April 26, 2017, 11:49:27 AM
Sometimes I think they are not really the manufacturers... how a company that can create asic miners like that play the business that way? Their site doesn't even have ssl... wtf?! I have to beg for ANY answer on skype... so you say: "They have a very high demand..." Oh really? What were they waiting for then? Look at how bitmain works! I love the baikal miners... BUT the way they're doing it is just too weird. Does not make sense
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
April 26, 2017, 11:28:54 AM
I got a quote from them for a cube.  fuckers wanted .7813  btc for a cube they said $799 plus $37 that should be about .65 btc they are asking $1010 US

They did the same to me and my buddy. .

Also they sent us the same BTC address

13pMF7f4XjvPg2qS3McGfUAov1k1bTZZb2

I see a lot of BTC going to this address.  How are they determining who paid?  Are they still asking for screen shots with confirmations?

They did ask for 2 screenshots but thats not very valid imo . . wish they had a quality reseller or something
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 26, 2017, 11:18:58 AM
I got a quote from them for a cube.  fuckers wanted .7813  btc for a cube they said $799 plus $37 that should be about .65 btc they are asking $1010 US

They did the same to me and my buddy. .

Also they sent us the same BTC address

13pMF7f4XjvPg2qS3McGfUAov1k1bTZZb2

I see a lot of BTC going to this address.  How are they determining who paid?  Are they still asking for screen shots with confirmations?
Activity: 464
Merit: 260
April 26, 2017, 11:17:33 AM
I got a quote from them for a cube.  fuckers wanted .7813  btc for a cube they said $799 plus $37 that should be about .65 btc they are asking $1010 US

yeah with the expected difficulty rise i see in X11 stuff because of them..that is not gonna happen....852 with shipping to usa for a cube
that now will likely take close to a year to ROI...I may just wait for this difficulty wave to pass and/or bigger units like the A900

this lemming at that price is gonna split off and just keep his 1 300mh mini as a toy ...sometime in the future at a lower price new
or used .if all I'm using for is fun anyway

so they may have shot themselves in the foot ...I was gonna split 4 with a buddy now we likely won't get any due to this and the
general cluster that is baikals universe

sheesh

I don't think will be that long for ROI even with incresing difficulty... maximum 150-200 days. And I think dash will rise the price as well.

This was part of my thinking as well.  Of course there is no guarantee but the hope would be that the X11 coins are increasing in value helping to shorten the ROI.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
April 26, 2017, 11:11:58 AM
While their business model is rough, the product (historically) as been rock solid, best miner I have ever used.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
April 26, 2017, 11:04:57 AM
You guys are comfortable dealing with baikal when their whole system could currently be compromised?

I'm personally holding off for now, too much weirdness for my liking.  That said, their operation has always been ... rough at best.  These issues don't seem too far off the mark going by my past dealings.  Once they get their act together I'll continue to do business with them.

TrX
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
April 26, 2017, 11:03:59 AM
Just wondering out loud...
With the old 150M cubes, you could build-up multiple cubes using the cables and make a 2, 3, 4 or more rig under a single PI.
Likewise, you could take a quad, and run it with 3, 2 or 1 cubes.
I wonder if we can do the same with the Quad 300M. For example, split it in half and just add your own PI with a duplicate image.
That might be a way to get "singles" but still benefit from the pricepoint on the Quad over the Single.

I only have a single cube, but I did break down my Giant miner into two 450 devices by adding a second OrangePi, removing the serial cable and connecting a single blade to each Pi.  I imagine that it will work the same way with the Quads--it doesn't make sense to make two different PCB boards when you can design a single board that can be using in both configurations.

I've also created a 300Mh device by combining two minis with a serial cable.  That's where I got the spare Pi to use with the Giant!

TrX

I could not place an order .Out of stock

I need an asic miner chip

I do not know the chip code

To learn the chip code you need to disassemble the cube

Who wants to help

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
April 26, 2017, 10:46:00 AM
You guys are comfortable dealing with baikal when their whole system could currently be compromised?
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
April 26, 2017, 10:39:22 AM
Yea, I think I might try that with the Quad when I get it.
I know it works on the 150M cubes, but haven't had a chance to try with the 300M cubes yet.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 26, 2017, 10:29:33 AM
With the old 150M cubes, you could build-up multiple cubes using the cables and make a 2, 3, 4 or more rig under a single PI.
I wonder if we can do the same with the Quad 300M. For example, split it in half and just add your own PI with a duplicate image.
That might be a way to get "singles" but still benefit from the pricepoint on the Quad over the Single.

I only have a single cube, but I did break down my Giant miner into two 450 devices by adding a second OrangePi, removing the serial cable and connecting a single blade to each Pi.  I imagine that it will work the same way with the Quads--it doesn't make sense to make two different PCB boards when you can design a single board that can be using in both configurations.

I've also created a 300Mh device by combining two minis with a serial cable.  That's where I got the spare Pi to use with the Giant!

TrX

slick ....good to know ..I think most of us suspected such. Thanks.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
April 26, 2017, 10:27:26 AM

TrX
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 26, 2017, 10:14:00 AM
I got a quote from them for a cube.  fuckers wanted .7813  btc for a cube they said $799 plus $37 that should be about .65 btc they are asking $1010 US

yeah with the expected difficulty rise i see in X11 stuff because of them..that is not gonna happen....852 with shipping to usa for a cube
that now will likely take close to a year to ROI...I may just wait for this difficulty wave to pass and/or bigger units like the A900

this lemming at that price is gonna split off and just keep his 1 300mh mini as a toy ...sometime in the future at a lower price new
or used .if all I'm using for is fun anyway

so they may have shot themselves in the foot ...I was gonna split 4 with a buddy now we likely won't get any due to this and the
general cluster that is baikals universe

sheesh

I don't think will be that long for ROI even with incresing difficulty... maximum 150-200 days. And I think dash will rise the price as well.

you could be correct...I could easily be dead wrong...but I see cubes...then I see quads...and again after may 15th say when this order
ships.....at $1010 each for a cube..you have the A900's or maybe a NEW unit at say A1200 or A1800 to compensate for the rising X11
difficulty (bitmain had L3's at 250mh as an example.then later a few months came out with L3+s at same price for 2x the hash)

thus it can get wierd..esp a the cube 300mh cheaper 'toy' end of this race

So we will see Smiley

(by the by a disclaimer..with $15 LTC prices and such ...I'm dandy equip depreciation wise for this year of 2017.thus may color my view
for a hobby miner getting a toy.and say it streaches out to 12-14 months to ROI at 75 watts...hell I'd do that. But for me it is about
that 25% equip depreciation I can take off my profits..thus 1 300mh cube for my own basement toy...sure ....hobby....but for the
data hall stuff or how I run this as a business....2 cubes at 2020 for both is 400 bucks more then the L3+'s I got with scrypt at $15
bucks...so...er....no from a bigger miner perspective...but again ..you want to home mine again ...what the hell get 1 or 2....
some of us may be coming at this from a different angle....with equip depreciation you can take vs profits made) Smiley

So again..if I sound harsh sometimes....it is because of the above.....is no where near as black and white for  home miner
trying to get an asic at this point in time to play with Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: