Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON? - page 6. (Read 27818 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
April 25, 2017, 01:50:54 PM
$400 for shipment?? Really?! I didn't know that

That has a to be a scam or otherwise they can fuckoff that's ridiculous

these dont even include PSU correct? or do they?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
April 25, 2017, 01:50:19 PM
Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

3700$ for an 3300$ miner :p

actually price shows $3196 miner.  So they are really cheating. There site shows USD not China prices.
That was with shipping tho!

Wow.. $100 shipping that better not be 20 day shipping. I get products ordered from China all the time for Drone stuff and it is pretty cheap from Banggood.  A 10KG package for 5-8 day shipping is $29.00 and $5.80 for shipping.  It seems this company hates American's and wants to cheat them as much as possible.

Not using the USD value for BTC or Dash coins to buy unit so they can charge a lot more for unit.
Charging 3 times the cost of expedited shipping.

Does anyone know of any sites that legitimately sold them before they sold out besides Baikalminer?

It better be a scam because in USD that is only around 2.3 coins total.

If you actually pay there scam price you are paying at least $1100 for a single cube before shipping.  The ROI is gone it will take you 177 Days to ROI at $1100 not including shipping if the coin remains at current value.. It already dropped once quite a bit.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
April 25, 2017, 01:49:43 PM
$400 for shipment?? Really?! I didn't know that
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 25, 2017, 01:47:17 PM
$400 for shipping is pretty insane though.  Those cubes are light so a tower of 4 of them would not be very heavy.  You can get an antminer, which is heavy, shipped from china for less than $100.

Activity: 324
April 25, 2017, 01:42:22 PM
Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

actually price shows $3196 miner.  So they are really cheating. There site shows USD not China prices.
That was with shipping tho!
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
April 25, 2017, 01:42:16 PM
I got my cube a few days ago. Baikal's website was a nightmare to order from but they came through for me twice now.

I have a mini and a cube both hashing on a Singapore node of the Dash P2pool and I'm getting regular payment to my wallet.

I'm sorry for all the people who have had problems but for me it was all OK. I had very little confidence after my experience of ordering the cube but I have to say: you can trust Baikal if you are patient with them and use their email as much as you can when ordering.

I think the concern right now is that they are behaving out of the norm.

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

The reason they want to talk on skype is because they don't want a long dialog back and forth on email.

My first cube order was done all on email, because my account never got verified on their website. It all worked out.
This time (30min after FB ad/release) I contacted them on the same email regarding the quad cube. They told me to talk to them on skype (to avoid dialog via email).
I then told them what I wanted on skype, and they gave me a "template" (quantity, payment method, address and phone#) they wanted me to "fill in" and send them on email to get an exact quote.
They then gave me a price based on the chinese btc price. 1 BTC = 7300 CNY = 1060USD/BTC.
I paid, and they told me they will send my unit during the second week of May.

Is it really that fishy? Am I being naive? xD

Can you screenshot your conversation if not here then send me a PM? I am curious and just want to see if they line up.
April 25, 2017, 01:41:09 PM
Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

actually price shows $3196 miner.  So they are really cheating. There site shows USD not China prices.
April 25, 2017, 01:40:06 PM

April 25, 2017, 01:39:17 PM
Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

Is there some baikal miner in stock right now? I don't think so...
April 25, 2017, 01:37:20 PM
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
April 25, 2017, 01:34:42 PM
I got my cube a few days ago. Baikal's website was a nightmare to order from but they came through for me twice now.

I have a mini and a cube both hashing on a Singapore node of the Dash P2pool and I'm getting regular payment to my wallet.

I'm sorry for all the people who have had problems but for me it was all OK. I had very little confidence after my experience of ordering the cube but I have to say: you can trust Baikal if you are patient with them and use their email as much as you can when ordering.

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

I received an email from their "official" email to order on skype, so that is alarming what you said. .
April 25, 2017, 01:11:37 PM

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

The reason they want to talk on skype is because they don't want a long dialog back and forth on email.

My first cube order was done all on email, because my account never got verified on their website. It all worked out.
This time (30min after FB ad/release) I contacted them on the same email regarding the quad cube. They told me to talk to them on skype (to avoid dialog via email).
I then told them what I wanted on skype, and they gave me a "template" (quantity, payment method, address and phone#) they wanted me to "fill in" and send them on email to get an exact quote.
They then gave me a price based on the chinese btc price. 1 BTC = 7300 CNY = 1060USD/BTC.
I paid, and they told me they will send my unit during the second week of May.

Is it really that fishy? Am I being naive? xD

Edit: I got fucked, didn't I?
sho
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 25, 2017, 01:06:02 PM
I tried right now to contact them with the email and i get this reply "Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again."
April 25, 2017, 01:04:27 PM
I just got a bounceback on my email to [email protected].  This is the same address I used to communicate with them before.  Not sure what this means but I can think of more bad reasons than good ones.

Code:
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown

I'm trying to contact them via that mail as wel... same here => 'Recipient address rejected: User unknown'.
I almost bought it yesterday in pre-order via skype (legit user baikalminer)... Sincerely, I would be having a heart attack at that time trying to get answers (and getting no response) if I had sent over $3196 in btc.  Shocked
OMG... I don't even know what to think now  Undecided
Activity: 11
April 25, 2017, 01:03:30 PM

Same with me, I talked to 2 different ppl, and the email of the other person is not broken. I don't know what is going on
Activity: 121
April 25, 2017, 12:58:08 PM

Activity: 11
April 25, 2017, 12:41:34 PM
I can't get it. Baikal seems to earn enough to have a good website and customer service. I've just sent USD wire for 3400$ and when I came back the email server is down and skype is offline. Should I cancel it? Someone did wires before? what is the beneficiary name?
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 25, 2017, 11:53:22 AM

The question isn't whether baikal is trustworthy, the question today is whether someone is impersonating them.
Activity: 372
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
April 25, 2017, 11:46:53 AM

April 25, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
And now mail server failed to receive email?

On 1st April 2017 the MX record for baikalminer.com is mxn.mxhichina.com but now the MX record changed to wmx.ecounterp.com ?

http://research.dnstrails.com/tools/lookup.htm?domain=baikalminer.com

Something not wright

This could be a good thing tho. ERP = Entreprise Resource Planning. Maybe they are upgrading their sales/support systems?

It would make sense if they are migrating their email system as well. It could take hours to update all the END servers!

Or maybe I'm in denial! xD
Pages:
Jump to: