Pages:
Author

Topic: Banks Won't Make You Rich - page 15. (Read 1782 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 257
April 29, 2018, 02:34:20 PM
This is my opinion.Banks won't make you rich.saving in bank can never do that,because of interest rate that bank gives you is too tiny.You saving will be simply be eaten up by the sleepy monster called inflation. As a example I will take ,When I'm in grade school,each day I received 10Rs (my country currency) from my mother.It was enough to by me 2 meals,but in now 10Rs enough to buy 2 candies.  Lips sealed Banks are just for keep your money safe!  Tongue

In my country, many people still think that they only need to send money to the bank to get the monthly interest to become unconditionally money but on the other hand, they do not know that those banks have made Get a lot of profit by getting hold of customer coins.
You are right, banks will not make you rich, they are just after your money that they will take care of it because they are using it in lending it to some people and in some companies which they are lending at higher price but they are just giving you a bit amount of interest on it so they are just the one earning and not us.
Activity: 207
Merit: 11
April 29, 2018, 02:28:22 PM
This is my opinion.Banks won't make you rich.saving in bank can never do that,because of interest rate that bank gives you is too tiny.You saving will be simply be eaten up by the sleepy monster called inflation. As a example I will take ,When I'm in grade school,each day I received 10Rs (my country currency) from my mother.It was enough to by me 2 meals,but in now 10Rs enough to buy 2 candies.  Lips sealed Banks are just for keep your money safe!  Tongue

In my country, many people still think that they only need to send money to the bank to get the monthly interest to become unconditionally money but on the other hand, they do not know that those banks have made Get a lot of profit by getting hold of customer coins.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
April 29, 2018, 02:21:19 PM
This could never happen because of all the fees they charge you to do anything with your own money you are holding with them.
They in a sense do not even have your money with them but lend it out to other banks and gain even more interest from it than they give out to their customers.
So it is a double loss if you are customer of any bank in the world.
Everything is on paper (or for most on a screen now a days) and not actually held physically in the bank.
saving in bank is sometime very risky if you want extra profit of them, so i think online investment is much better than banking because if you invest in online currency it will give extra profit and you will buy any thing for your family and future but bank will never give you these all facilities.
Activity: 195
Merit: 41
April 29, 2018, 01:49:09 PM
This could never happen because of all the fees they charge you to do anything with your own money you are holding with them.
They in a sense do not even have your money with them but lend it out to other banks and gain even more interest from it than they give out to their customers.
So it is a double loss if you are customer of any bank in the world.
Everything is on paper (or for most on a screen now a days) and not actually held physically in the bank.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
April 29, 2018, 01:27:30 PM
Of course, even we are deposit on long term doesn't make us richer. It's not right decision if you want expand your money, but for security, i will never doubt it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
April 29, 2018, 01:20:33 PM
I agree with this "Banks won't make us rich" . I believe that we put or money in the banks for safe keeping, that's true but if you think your money will grow in their safekeeping, think again. How much is the interest of your money per year in a bank, 1% to 2%? do you really think this will help you increase your money's worth over time? yes technically it will increase but if you look closely and check inflation, then its a totally different story now. If you want your money to grow, increase and get rich, have a job or a business and start investing for your future, may it be in stock market, mutual funds, land and real estate properties, gold and even in crypto currencies like Bitcoin. That is the real way for your money to grow never the banks.
Activity: 46
April 29, 2018, 12:46:03 PM
Absolutely yes,  that's right.  Because bank fees are infuriating for everyone and it seems every chance they get, banks find a way to stick it to you. I understand banking is a business and fees are a major source of revenue. But banks fees feel insidious, not because banks shouldn't charge for their services, but because they are so opaque. Banks often charge fees for services without asking you first.

And in fact, base on my researched I found out something that what's particularly galling to me about overdraft fees is that they disproportionately are levied on the poor. The billionaire is not typically the one who pays these fees. About 80% of bank fees are paid by 20% of bank customers, and according to the FDIC low income (people who earn less than $30,000) earners are nearly twice as likely to have paid an overdraft fee. Even worse, it is not uncommon for poor people to rack up many fees and owe the bank money they can not pay. Eventually their account is closed by the bank. Once your account is closed it's extremely difficult to open an account at another bank. So worst right?  Pity to those people who is poor.

Regressive bank fees are a terrible equilibrium. But to be fair, in a world of no fees, poor customers are the most expensive for banks. Banks are still not the government; they do not have a social obligation to tax the rich and give to the poor. Quite the opposite, banks have every incentive to treat high net worth customers better. And that would be the reasons why bank won't make poor rich. And that's the fact and reality.
Activity: 245
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
April 29, 2018, 09:50:29 AM
In my opinion banks will not make you rich but it can give a average or high amount of money depends on how huge your investments is, making your money more secured is there main process and not making you rich maybe it can give a little amount because of the annual interest.
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
April 29, 2018, 09:34:23 AM
Yeah, i agree with you. Banks won't make us rich, their job is to keep your money safe, because it will be more dangerous if you keep all your money in cash at home, right? If you want to be richer you might want to invest your money into gold, stocks, properties or currencies.
Activity: 77
April 29, 2018, 12:13:09 AM
Banks won’t make you prosperous because they turn out to be richer thanks to you. They are no longer charities. When they give you a loan, they make money from the interest, and when they supply you hobby for leaving your money there, they additionally make money due to the fact they get a higher interest managing that money. But genuine one splendid way to have a massive return is to enter in shares and of direction trading. But this is much greater, this is what's exact being in cryptocurrency. We have mining. Don't forget about to invest in mining. This is one of the best way to get wealthy it has a terrific return when you insert your money.
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
April 28, 2018, 08:01:50 PM
This is my opinion.Banks won't make you rich.saving in bank can never do that,because of interest rate that bank gives you is too tiny.

I must agree. In fact this is not an opinion, its the reality. But on the other hand Banks really do make profits, if and only if you're investing a really large amount of money, like in the millions - that's financial freedom for you. That's how cryptocurrencies and fiats differ from each other.
Activity: 84
April 28, 2018, 07:30:36 PM
you are right, the bank is just a place to keep our money safely bank not a place of investment that can give big profit like bitcoin
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
April 28, 2018, 07:10:30 PM
yeah bank are invented in a long time ago to keeping your money from a hand of bandit, but right now bank making an invovation to using as a lending and then making a people who want to getting an interest by deposit in their account but it just a little cost with it, because they don't want you getting benifit to much
Activity: 384
Merit: 106
April 28, 2018, 06:49:54 PM

Apparently, that was not really the main purpose or intention of banks for its customers or loyal investors because mainly banks are just storage for money that offers different services in accordance of creating money for business. If you are thinking that banks are making tour life comfortable as what you are thinking of, then it is not because at the end of the day, it was still purely business and all are just part of their services offered that somehow makes your money grow in a bit because of the interests you can grant to somehow make it obtain profit but merely the main reason why they are doing it is just to return the favor that they have used up your money in business circulation for their own sake and that was not to make you rich.
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
April 28, 2018, 06:43:41 PM
In terms of earning yes banks cannot support your needs or give a earn that you want just because of on a month you can earn a super tiny amount not like in bitcoin that if you invest you can earn big than banks but if bitcoin fall your investment was fall also but interms of savings yes banks was one of the best to save your money and banks is not for earning but for savings.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
April 28, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
You're absolutely true, banks just take your money basically to increase their own incomes, nothing more.
And the worst thing is that not only you are doing them a favor, which is bad enough as it is, but they charge you for the privilege of doing them a favor, they charge you for everything or at least that is the way it works in my country, they charge you for opening account, they charge you for having an account with them, they charge you if you check how much money you have on an ATM, so it is better to not put your money in a bank.

This is a free market, lol. If you don't like banks and the commissions they charge just don't use them. This is what bankers would willingly tell you. Banks have monopolized money and they clearly took advantage of their monopolistic position. Everyone would in their place, so we can't actually blame them for behaving like that. But now we have crypto, and can shove their own words down their throats and be just as obnoxious as they are since it is a free market after all, isn't it?
I agree with you but we actually did not had a free market because all banks no matter their name or where they're located follow very similar policies so there is not really a free market there, in fact it is only with the creation of bitcoin that we have a free market, before we did not have a choice, which is why they do not like bitcoin at all and it is one of the reasons of why a significant portion of my wealth is in bitcoin so I can avoid them and their fees.
Activity: 140
April 28, 2018, 03:34:22 PM
Yes, that is so true. Banks won't make you rich, but banks can guarantee your money's safety, because the smaller their interest rate is, the saver your money will be. If you want to be rich, you can just invest your money into something worth, such as stocks, property, open up a bussiness, etc.
Activity: 66
April 28, 2018, 02:31:27 PM
Banks were made not to make you rich. This is a wrong concept. Banks provide service for keeping your money safe. The interest where just a sort of an attraction to lure potential customers to do transaction with the bank. It is the depositors who are actually paying for their service. The money you have just deposited goes to their funds for lending services or any other service the banks have.
Activity: 630
Merit: 257
April 28, 2018, 01:55:15 PM
I agree with you fully on this. Banks are the biggest gangsters in the world. Trust me. They charge for doing almost anything related with the money, even if it means just holding on to it. They take your funds at a very low rate of interest and advance such funds to the needy ones as loans on which they charge high rate of interest. So you cannot expect to become rich by keeping your funds in banks.
Activity: 505
Merit: 35
April 28, 2018, 06:30:18 AM

Investing in cryptocurrencies or stock market also not guarantee you to become richer. It will depend on your expertise and skills to be able to become rich. Banks primary purpose is moneys safe keeping and granting loans on businesses. Banks can be considered not essential as investing tools due to low interest rate. 
Pages:
Jump to: