Pages:
Author

Topic: BAT - Basic Attention Token ICO (31-5-17)- Worth Investing? - page 4. (Read 65194 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
BAT in a good BUY Zone, should be plain sailing from here.

Activity: 330
Merit: 123
Civic is pretty shitty.  Nice how you use one post with 2 links to your website under the guise of posting something BAT related.
Activity: 314
Merit: 6
Civic partnered up with Brave browser to provide KYC servicers for the Brave's verified publishers.

https://coincodex.com/article/2387/brave-browser-and-civic-partner-for-publisher-verification/
Activity: 330
Merit: 123
BAT caught my basic attention lately, and I have been trying to understand the platform.  I will read a bit more about it before adding a bag.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
here is a nice read about the problem that brave and bat wants to solve.

https://hackernoon.com/the-attention-revolution-your-next-browser-will-pay-you-b8b12399c3f7
Activity: 1638
Merit: 507
The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die
[...]
The Team behind Bat coin

Brendan Eich is the founder and chief visionary of the Bat coin. Brendan is the person who created JavaScript and co-founded the Mozilla project leading to Firefox.
[...]

Seems Mozilla may be having its hands involved in HoloToken:

https://cryptobriefing.com/holochain-mozilla-preliminary-discussions/

Do we know if Brenden may be involved here as well ?
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
What is Bat(BAT) Coin? - Everything you need to know

Digital advertising is adopted worldwide in every field which is also a great source of revenue for the organizations but currently, it has been monopolized by big firms like Facebook and Google. These organizations get the vast advantage of it as they hold approximately 73% of the market share of the total ad revenue globally.

Thus, to overcome this, Bat coin came into existence.

What exactly is Bat coin?

Bat stands for Basic Attention token. It is the blockchain-based digital advertising token which is running on Ethereum. Basically, Bat coin cuts the requirement of middlemen while doing advertising and it makes the advertising process more effective by paying users to view the ads and also publishers receive the revenue directly.

Bat coin was launched in March 2017. By ICO’s, they raised the fund of around $35 million within 30 seconds.

Their main goal is to fix the issue with current digital advertising system in which users are getting tracked without their knowledge and later that could be the reason of fraud due to which the publishers need to face major consequences.

The Team behind Bat coin

Brendan Eich is the founder and chief visionary of the Bat coin. Brendan is the person who created JavaScript and co-founded the Mozilla project leading to Firefox.

Apart from that, this team involves advisors named Zooko Wilcox, founder, and CEO of Zcash and Ankur Nandwani, product manager at Coinbase.

How does Bat coin work?

To use the BAT, the web browser named Brave is required which is created by the BAT development team. So, basically, it is based on Smart contracts and using which, the advertisers send ads to the users in a locked state with a certain token payment. After seeing that ad, the user will get some portion from the received token payment.

Moreover, in between, Brave browser also get some token payment and the final remaining token payment will be credited to the publisher who hosts the ad.

Bat can be used in the browser for premium articles, donations to providers and other kinds of data services.

Where to buy Bat coin?

It can be purchased within pairs with Bitcoin (BTC) from any of the exchanges like Bittrex, Binance and Liqui or it can also be paired with Ethereum.

Otherwise, a user can first purchase Bitcoins and later on it can receive BAT in exchange for those coins from the mentioned exchanges.

Once a user starts using the brave browser, he can receive those BAT and early users are being rewarded with up to 5 BAT.

Where to store Bat coin?
Let’s understand the Brave browser in detail
Benefits of Bat Coin
Future of Bat coin
... To Continue Reading Click Here
Activity: 1974
Merit: 350
The withdrawal of token from wallet is not available. How can I withdraw tokens and translate them to exchange address?
You mean from Brave browser?
I was able to transfer them to Bancor wallet

How do you do it? I do not see a window for withdrawal tokens. I can just refill my wallet in browser

Did you register here as publisher? https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/
May be you are using browser only as user.
After registering you need to create Uphold wallet, and then I received there few BATs because people installed Brave with my link
Apart from that even though my Youtube channel is about blockchain and cryptocurrencies nobody sent me even a cent))
Even when I asked to send a cent to test the system (and promised to return it)
But I think it works, as it worked with these bonus BAT which I withdrew to Bancor
Activity: 280
Merit: 6
I like the sole idea behind this token. Today's internet is struggling against malicious ads that annoy users and track them having no mercy on anyone's privacy anymore. That coin aims to solve that and bring transparency to advertisers and also provide them with ads being displayed properly and in a way that won't bother the user but encourage him to click it.
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 112
The withdrawal of token from wallet is not available. How can I withdraw tokens and translate them to exchange address?

How do you do it? I do not see a window for withdrawal tokens. I can just refill my wallet in browser
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
I've been hearing some rumors that BAT will be listed on Bithumb.

Anybody else know anything about this, or would you say this is just a rumor?

I've read that news and saw that on one of telegram channel 2days ago. I bought some last night hoping that it is true and pump afterwards. Let's see what happen in the next days or weeks.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Overall, they are doing a good job in terms of both technical and business development, but the project still has a long way to go in terms of adoption.
I believe that BAT has a fairly high chance of listing on Coinbase. Out of the coins to be considered by Coinbase to be listed on, the market cap for BAT is by far the lowest. This means that the positive impact from listing on Coinbase is the greatest.

MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I've been hearing some rumors that BAT will be listed on Bithumb.

Anybody else know anything about this, or would you say this is just a rumor?
Activity: 700
Merit: 108
Crypto-Funded Brave Browser Hits 10 Million Downloads in Google Play Store
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 112

Activity: 128
Merit: 0
StealthPay allows you to buy BAT with PayPal. Here are some easy steps to go:

1) Get a Stealth (XST) address on Bittrex.com
2) Go to www.stealthpay.com
3) Click on "Buy Stealth", fill in the relevant fields and click "Order Now".
4) In the "Payment Method" choose PayPal payment method.
5) Follow the displayed instructions.
6) After you receive your Stealth (XST), sell them on Bittrex against BTC.
7) Buy BAT.

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

Yup they been adding coins left and right recently, I really think polo will make a big comeback
Now I have some BAT in Brave but the wallet (Uphold) I don't like much, to send tokens to exchange I'll need to pay comissions
It's also a bit complicated, different cards and I don't understand if my balance is in BAT or in $
Pages:
Jump to: