Pages:
Author

Topic: BBQcoin.org Official Thread - page 16. (Read 18563 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
May 08, 2013, 04:01:34 AM
linux builds added: http://bbqcoin.darkgamex.ch/
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
May 07, 2013, 11:05:25 PM
Almost 3 million feathercoins were mined in the first 24 hours. Same effect as a pre-mine.

Except it's nothing like it.

Check the payout addresses of the first days blocks, they go to lots of different wallets not just a few like a pre-mine would have.

Nice conspiracy theory though, keep it up you might eventually convince some noobs.

The reference client generates a new address each block it mines. So a different address each block is normal even though all those addresses are in the same wallet. The wallet gets big if you mine a lot of blocks because each block mined has its own private key.

p2pool sends your share of the block reward to your single address that it knows you by, so if you want all the blocks you mine to go to the same address I guess you could use a private copy of p2pool that does not network with other people's nodes of p2pool so that you can solo mine blocks all to the same address.

But normally, you get a new address for each block.

So every one of those blocks you are looking at that you are imagining are going to different wallets could all be going to the same wallet.

-MarkM-
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
May 07, 2013, 10:57:35 PM
I put up a fee free p2pool here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/shutting-downbqctesterxs-bbqpower-p2pool-0-fee-198623
It's a small pool and I'd like to reliability test it, have been trying to get the p2pool running for ages as you know.
Activity: 203
Merit: 10
May 07, 2013, 10:37:55 PM
CaptChadd I noticed you used one of my icon mockups on the site for a little bit. Would you like me to spend some time in creating a more polished version? I think a nicer icon is what this coin needs.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
May 07, 2013, 10:32:19 PM
I don't have a problem with that - if you have a hand in its success, you should share in the reward - but we shouldn't pretend like the motivations are entirely selfless. That's pretty dishonest.

Why in the world do people have to psychoanalyze themselves and their motivations in public for the benefit of others?  Can't people just own their own feelings if they wish?  Must they be called disrespectful names if their analysis doesn't agree with yours?

Didn't realize this was a therapy forum.

It's not. But we're talking about money here, so it's very important we disclose our motives.

A stock analyst is required by law to disclose if he has a position in any security for which he offers public advice.

Obviously we're in the Wild West here, so no such laws exist for Bitcoin (and certainly not for the altcoins), but that doesn't change the morality behind those laws.

Bottom line: It's fine to seek profit via altcoins. But if you are attempting to influence public opinion with a significant position in the related coin, there's a conflict of interest. That should be addressed.

CaptChadd was forthright about the number of coins he owns, which I appreciate. But if we're genuinely building an open, honest community, we shouldn't try to hide the fact that a primary motivation - if not the primary motivation - is profit.

Plonk.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
May 07, 2013, 10:30:57 PM
I want to sell 500 BQC, give offers. I want to sell if for BTC, CNC o LTC.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
May 07, 2013, 10:28:41 PM
Wow, went out for a drink with friends, BBQcoin goes up 20%
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
May 07, 2013, 10:25:43 PM
I don't have a problem with that - if you have a hand in its success, you should share in the reward - but we shouldn't pretend like the motivations are entirely selfless. That's pretty dishonest.

Why in the world do people have to psychoanalyze themselves and their motivations in public for the benefit of others?  Can't people just own their own feelings if they wish?  Must they be called disrespectful names if their analysis doesn't agree with yours?

It's not. But we're talking about money here, so it's very important we disclose our motives.

A stock analyst is required by law to disclose if he has a position in any security for which he offers public advice.

Obviously we're in the Wild West here, so no such laws exist for Bitcoin (and certainly not for the altcoins), but that doesn't change the morality behind those laws.

Bottom line: It's fine to seek profit via altcoins. But if you are attempting to influence public opinion with a significant position in the related coin, there's a conflict of interest. That should be addressed.

CaptChadd was forthright about the number of coins he owns, which I appreciate. But if we're genuinely building an open, honest community, we shouldn't try to hide the fact that a primary motivation - if not the primary motivation - is profit.
erk
Activity: 826
May 07, 2013, 10:24:38 PM
Almost 3 million feathercoins were mined in the first 24 hours. Same effect as a pre-mine.

Except it's nothing like it. Firstly Feathercoins are 200 per block, that's 4 time LTC with the same 2.5min block rate.

Check the payout addresses of the first days blocks, they go to lots of different wallets not just a few like a pre-mine would have.

Nice conspiracy theory though, keep it up you might eventually convince some noobs.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
May 07, 2013, 10:21:22 PM
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
May 07, 2013, 10:20:49 PM
Im selling 500 BQC, give offers.
erk
Activity: 826
May 07, 2013, 10:19:00 PM
Hey, someguy mined and sold 380,000 china coins in one night, and nobody told him nothing... that was really a scam, same with feathercoin.
This coin BBQ got adopted in first place because its funny and because its not premined. almost nobody owns lots of BQC coins today.

Rubbish, there were no Feathercoin blocks mined before the client became publicly available. Look at the time stamp of the first block and when the client was uploaded.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
May 07, 2013, 10:07:50 PM
Hey, someguy mined and sold 380,000 china coins in one night, and nobody told him nothing... that was really a scam, same with feathercoin.
This coin BBQ got adopted in first place because its funny and because its not premined. almost nobody owns lots of BQC coins today.
Activity: 476
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
May 07, 2013, 09:51:19 PM

Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
May 07, 2013, 09:43:05 PM
I have not been dishonest. I setup bbqcoin.org as I genuinely like the coin.

For three months I lost money with the web server costs when bbqcoin was worth nothing.

Yes I have 100,000 BQC but I am not about to dump them, as I like them.

I am honest with everything that I do, if people do not believe that, then its not a problem, its just the way I am.

I do have other projects other than BBQcoin but this one I get enjoyment out of and the community is great too.

What, did BBQCoin compliment you on your shoes or something?

If you said you'd purchased $4000 worth of Congolese Francs "because you like them", people would think you were crazy.

No. It's a currency, and you didn't purchase 0.6% of the money supply because "you liked it". You purchased it because you believed it was undervalued, and you are doing things like this website in the hope that people will begin to agree with you. And if they do, then you will have made a profit.

Why is that so hard to admit?
Activity: 448
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
May 07, 2013, 09:35:18 PM

For three months I lost money with the web server costs when bbqcoin was worth nothing.

I am honest with everything that I do, if people do not believe that, then its not a problem, its just the way I am.

I do have other projects other than BBQcoin but this one I get enjoyment out of and the community is great too.

+1 the feathercoiners and bitbar shills can learn a great lesson from this man Wink
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 07, 2013, 08:44:57 PM

Mmm sooooo good.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
May 07, 2013, 08:43:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 1000
May 07, 2013, 08:35:15 PM
Does BBQcoin have proof of steak?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
May 07, 2013, 08:31:52 PM
stratum pool up @ stratum+tcp://multipool.in:3338
Pages:
Jump to: