Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 129. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Hi CZ, thank you for your valuable input.

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

Thanks again for all of your great work! Wink

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

What Zoidberg is saying is that we aren't submitting pull requests to his repository that hasn't been had a code update in over a year.

Pull requests are a way of submitting code changes to an open source project so that the steward of the project can decide if they want to merge that code into the "official code".

As we consider ourselves the stewards now this is clearly an unnecessary step because our code is equally as official and newer. It is important to note that when we made our proclamations of stewardship, nobody had heard from CryptoZoidberg in months and there were no code updates for over a year.

We have made two very benign changes to the codebase in the RUNE edition that are so basic that we get criticism for it being not being a big enough change yet. So it will be difficult for us to simultaneously respond to how obviously little changes we've made so far, alongside an allegation from a competent developer that our simple changes may be hiding something nefarious.

CryptoZoidberg has the opportunity to make confidence inspiring and collaborative statements, and chooses to write awkward non sequiturs too ambiguous for the market.

We don't really have an opinion on that. Some people are using the RUNE client, and that is what will be updated. He is welcome to submit pull requests to our repository, and we will also continue rebasing and pulling from his boolberry repository if he actually does start updating it there. This is actually a very professional and standard way of managing git repositories, and this is the level of professionalism we are trying to bring to open source blockchain development and cryptoassets.

The thing is CZ's version is not broken & still the most advanced cryptonote coin. I have run a test version of his new project and it was awesome, fully integrated gui wallet with plenty of new feature's in the pipeline.

For me I'm happy to wait for his return. I just wonder why you guys don't just start your own project? You could always have an ICO Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cheers Jon  Wink
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

Zoidberg.

What Zoidberg is saying is that we aren't submitting pull requests to his repository that hasn't been had a code update in over a year.

Pull requests are a way of submitting code changes to an open source project so that the steward of the project can decide if they want to merge that code into the "official code".

As we consider ourselves the stewards now this is clearly an unnecessary step because our code is equally as official and newer. It is important to note that when we made our proclamations of stewardship, nobody had heard from CryptoZoidberg in months and there were no code updates for over a year.

We have made two very benign changes to the codebase in the RUNE edition that are so basic that we get criticism for it being not being a big enough change yet. So it will be difficult for us to simultaneously respond to how obviously little changes we've made so far, alongside an allegation from a competent developer that our simple changes may be hiding something nefarious.

CryptoZoidberg has the opportunity to make confidence inspiring and collaborative statements, and chooses to write awkward non sequiturs too ambiguous for the market.

We don't really have an opinion on that. Some people are using the RUNE client, and that is what will be updated. He is welcome to submit pull requests to our repository, and we will also continue rebasing and pulling from his boolberry repository if he actually does start updating it there. This is actually a very professional and standard way of managing git repositories, and this is the level of professionalism we are trying to bring to open source blockchain development and cryptoassets.
Activity: 337
Merit: 315
Hi Folk!

Just want to notice everyone, as soon as you install third-party builds of BBR you taking not only a risk of getting unstable/broken build, u also take a risk of getting spyware/malware which can steal money (BBRs, Bitcoins, whatever u use), it's all based on trust of developer.

My strong advice - be very careful with all that you install basically, at least use virtual machines (like vmvare, paralells, virtual box) for this things.
Or, build it from sources yourself.

Zoidberg.

nice to see you a bit around Zoid Smiley
get back on irc! missing you ;-)

No IRC this time, too much work guys! Smiley
But i'm here, around!

CZ, do you understand that if you started contributing to the project the market cap could go an easy 20x from here? I'm not sure what work you're involved in that is "too much" but I doubt any will pay you as well as contributing to BBR Smiley It sounds like your work is BBR related Smiley

My work is related to BBR codebase, which means that everything i do now gonna be migrated to BBR.

<3

Time to harvest some more berries.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

Zoidberg.
Hi Folk!

Just want to notice everyone, as soon as you install third-party builds of BBR you taking not only a risk of getting unstable/broken build, u also take a risk of getting spyware/malware which can steal money (BBRs, Bitcoins, whatever u use), it's all based on trust of developer.

My strong advice - be very careful with all that you install basically, at least use virtual machines (like vmvare, paralells, virtual box) for this things.

Zoidberg.

But i'm here, around!

CZ, do you understand that if you started contributing to the project the market cap could go an easy 20x from here? I'm not sure what work you're involved in that is "too much" but I doubt any will pay you as well as contributing to BBR Smiley It sounds like your work is BBR related Smiley

My work is related to BBR codebase, which means that everything i do now gonna be migrated to BBR.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Development Company seeks to have the deepest understand of different cryptocurrencies and cryptoassets in order to improve them and make them more valuable, akin to activist investors like Carl Icahn, Bill Ackman and George Soros.

How do you think about George Soros? Does he improve something? Or does he simply take others money?
Activity: 337
Merit: 315
Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

But i'm here, around!

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

But i'm here, around!

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

Activity: 332
Cryptoz, Thanks for the warnings. Does this mean you are looking to start supporting this project again? Cause the windows downloads from boolberry.com don't seem to work correctly. And looking at this thread other things don't seem to be working either.
Activity: 332
Is it normal for boolberry qt to resync the entire blockchain everytime I open the program? I am running the windows version that I got from the website, the full installer
Activity: 202
Merit: 104
You would have to setup your own pool.  It's not that difficult.  https://github.com/clintar/node-cryptonote-pool
Even better, https://github.com/clintar/cryptonote-xmr-pool
I got so many dumb pool repos..
This one works for BBR?  I used the other one because i thought it was optimized for BBR.  Which is best? 
Oops, no. I meant this. https://github.com/clintar/cryptonote-universal-pool
Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
You would have to setup your own pool.  It's not that difficult.  https://github.com/clintar/node-cryptonote-pool
This one works for BBR?  I used the other one because i thought it was optimized for BBR.  Which is best? 
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Looks like mbk's pool crapped again. No payouts for 10 hours. This is getting really annoying.

I don't bother with the pools.  Too many issues.  I use mbk's boolberry-opencl to solomine and am finding blocks consistently.  The hashrate is low enough that solo mining is still the best option for me.  I get much less coins mining on a pool.  I'm also not affected by any DDOS attacks.  I did have a private pool setup but I seem to get more blocks with the solo mining using the daemon rather than pointing my miners at a pool.

Yup pool mining is broken right now. Neither Suprnova or Mbk work properly.

What daemon are you using? I've tried boolbd and when it finds a block it freaks out and breaks.

may i suggest you to try http://bbr.poolto.be ?
pool is running since more 2 years.
payout working fine.

Reported hashrate on pool is quite erratic, Usually fluctuating between 50-90% of my hashrate, sitting around 65-70%. Not sure if this is a residual DDoS or what. Estimated earnings don't seem to pan out, probably receive 50% of what it shows in the estimates. Currently been mining for about 12 hours there.

There is no residual ddos atm.
Estimate earning formula is hashrate dependant, luck dependant, it certainly needs to be reworked. i'll see with clintar about it.
May i ask where are you mining from? your ping to bbr.poolto.be ?

Central US. I can't ping your server.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Looks like mbk's pool crapped again. No payouts for 10 hours. This is getting really annoying.

I don't bother with the pools.  Too many issues.  I use mbk's boolberry-opencl to solomine and am finding blocks consistently.  The hashrate is low enough that solo mining is still the best option for me.  I get much less coins mining on a pool.  I'm also not affected by any DDOS attacks.  I did have a private pool setup but I seem to get more blocks with the solo mining using the daemon rather than pointing my miners at a pool.

What daemon are you using? I've tried boolbd and when it finds a block it freaks out and breaks.

I'm using the open-cl from mbk https://github.com/mbkuperman/boolberry-opencl/releases

Like someone already stated though, you need to have plenty of RAM.  The blockchain is over three gigs and that gets loaded into memory so you're basically out of RAM.  I had the same problem on a box with only 4 gigs of RAM.  I doubled it to 8 gigs and everything works fine.  Same thing when running a pool. You need plenty of RAM or else the daemon will die.    

Yeah, I tried boolbd for a bit. Every time it found a block the miner would crash. It also used 100% of my CPU. It wouldn't load with 4GB as well and I had to install 8GB.

Is there anyway to setup one stratum locally and have miners connect to it?

payout working fine.

I'll give it a shot, but payouts from Suprnova were less then 50% of what I should've been making, even less on Mbk.

Oh I'm sorry, the estimates are not correct yet, they are too positive. I'm too involved with the zcash pool currently so I had no time to fix them, I might just disable them for the time being.

I don't bother with the pools.  Too many issues.  I use mbk's boolberry-opencl to solomine and am finding blocks consistently.  The hashrate is low enough that solo mining is still the best option for me.  I get much less coins mining on a pool.  I'm also not affected by any DDOS attacks.  I did have a private pool setup but I seem to get more blocks with the solo mining using the daemon rather than pointing my miners at a pool.

payout working fine.

Reported hashrate on pool is quite erratic, Usually fluctuating between 50-90% of my hashrate, sitting around 65-70%. Not sure if this is a residual DDoS or what. Estimated earnings don't seem to pan out, probably receive 50% of what it shows in the estimates. Currently been mining for about 12 hours there.

There is no residual ddos atm.
Estimate earning formula is hashrate dependant, luck dependant, it certainly needs to be reworked. i'll see with clintar about it.
May i ask where are you mining from? your ping to bbr.poolto.be ?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

payout working fine.

PoolTo.Be use both clintar pools for BBR and XMR.
I clearly recommend those pool soft !
very good job clintar  Wink
Jump to: