Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 125. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
As an outsider who owns a small amount of boolberry, I'll point out some headscratchers, some previously mentioned.

1) Going to the original website, then to the downloads page, a person is warned that the file does contain malware, and they are asked if they want to download a file that contains malware. That doesn't seem bright.

2) Just about any person who invests in crypto will want to create offline wallets.And in fact among all of the crypto wallets I have tried, lots of algorithms, lots of very different coins from very different devs, there is only one wallet that you cannot put on an offline computer and generate a backup wallet for. Easy to do with bitcoin, litecoin, even any scamcoin you can easily create an offline wallet for. Only boolberry, of all coins, does not make that doable for a beginner. Last time I mentioned that I got a comment along the lines of "Yes you can, if you do this and that", and a comment "Yeah the ability to create offline wallets might be useful", both dishonest responses.

Cryptonote I followed for a while, I was trading Bytecoin from Maria 2.0 on cryptsy when suddenly other bytecoin links appeared and followed the initial confusion, as well as the obnoxiousness of the monero spam terrorists back then who harassed other threads in a very unpleasant way.

Boolberry seems to have a fair history, it was rated early as the most popular cryptonote currency among the most experienced users, somebody analyzed the threads to find out which coin had the most senior supporters. It has potentially a lot of credibility if bullshit is kept to a minimum and simple real development occurs. The 1% tax thing is absurd. Somebody is not willing to make money by buying their own coin, but rather they want users to pay tribute?

instead of running around in circles the focus should just be on producing an actual coin and wallet that works, that does not give "this is malware" warnings, and that has a useable wallet for new people who are not interested in tech stuff.

Welll said enuf of the BOOLshit.
You should join the slack...
Activity: 955
Merit: 500
As an outsider who owns a small amount of boolberry, I'll point out some headscratchers, some previously mentioned.

1) Going to the original website, then to the downloads page, a person is warned that the file does contain malware, and they are asked if they want to download a file that contains malware. That doesn't seem bright.

2) Just about any person who invests in crypto will want to create offline wallets.And in fact among all of the crypto wallets I have tried, lots of algorithms, lots of very different coins from very different devs, there is only one wallet that you cannot put on an offline computer and generate a backup wallet for. Easy to do with bitcoin, litecoin, even any scamcoin you can easily create an offline wallet for. Only boolberry, of all coins, does not make that doable for a beginner. Last time I mentioned that I got a comment along the lines of "Yes you can, if you do this and that", and a comment "Yeah the ability to create offline wallets might be useful", both dishonest responses.

Cryptonote I followed for a while, I was trading Bytecoin from Maria 2.0 on cryptsy when suddenly other bytecoin links appeared and followed the initial confusion, as well as the obnoxiousness of the monero spam terrorists back then who harassed other threads in a very unpleasant way.

Boolberry seems to have a fair history, it was rated early as the most popular cryptonote currency among the most experienced users, somebody analyzed the threads to find out which coin had the most senior supporters. It has potentially a lot of credibility if bullshit is kept to a minimum and simple real development occurs. The 1% tax thing is absurd. Somebody is not willing to make money by buying their own coin, but rather they want users to pay tribute?

instead of running around in circles the focus should just be on producing an actual coin and wallet that works, that does not give "this is malware" warnings, and that has a useable wallet for new people who are not interested in tech stuff.

add
a comment about the 19 page blockology pdf.
Companies in the 'regular' economy have always had to balance between pressure from shareholders, and the interests of long term quality. The one thing that a person notices quickly in the pdf is reference to a $50m market cap target. The previous conversation on this thread sounds like maybe that was written semi seriously. it does look more like a crypto prospectus than anything serious, but a person has to wonder who the paper is written for, and why. It seems like a rough draft that did not get feedback, so use of pronouns like "we" and "our" sound kind of phony. bottom line, where is a workable wallet that simply is as good as the average wallet from any other currency. Whether from zoidberg or blockologist?
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
OK, maybe I misused the white paper term in place of roadmap or whatever you want to call it. That's what I suggested in the reddit thread, re: consensus. Let me know when more that 50% of the clients on the network and 50% of blocks generated are coming from your version, and I'll gladly give you full control of subreddit again. You're free to post in the meantime, just not sticky your roadmap and change the links in the sidebar.

Thanks, well I'd like to collaborate and I'm not trying to fork the network so users can run any client they want. It is just you and boolberry moderating the subreddit (there isn't much activity there regardless, even over the past few months). I think the community would like a steward of that subreddit that is committed to this project

And I think your commitment to this project is in serious doubt. When I think of the "boolberry community", some names that come to mind are zoidberg, shojayxt, clintar, boolberry, and windjc. You seem to have done a pretty good job of alienating zoidberg, shojayxt, and boolberry, I'm not sure about clintar's feelings, and I don't have have a favorable impression of windjc, so his endorsement of you is actually a negative in my mind.

Like I said, you're free to post in the subreddit and increase activity there, or start your own subreddit, or petition the admins to have me removed as mod, but at this point you've delivered nothing except a meme paper and antagonized the most prominent contributors to the project (zoidberg has done nearly all/all the coding and shojayxt is the only person I'm aware that has ever produced a boolberry-only service), so I think it's only right to remove you as mod from /r/boolberry. PM me when something changes if you're interested in being mod again.
Not to beat a dead horse, and speaking as someone that doesn't think zoidberg has handled his role as developer, spokesperson, and 1% tax collector very well, but cheesus that "white paper" was a load of bullshit. You're giving scam artists a bad name lumping then in with le blockologist Tongue

haha new investors love the research report. It was intentionally written the way it was so that people outside of cryptocurrency would stay interested in reading it till completion. it is still circulating, judging from the analytics on the company website

I get contacted by all sorts of people who had no idea this kind of technology already existed and was so advanced.

http://bbrproject.slack.com is the place to be, I didn't set that up, someone that read the research report set it up. We're going to continue the updates to the RPC server, build infrastructure, get listed on bitsquare and so on

BTW jwinterm thanks for mod status on /r/boolberry  Roll Eyes

Yw, thanks for reminding me to remove it as well Roll Eyes Seriously, I hope it was a fucking joke, because it was nothing but memes and promising the fucking moon to "investors".

re: crypjunkie, I don't think I've ever really been anything but critical of zoidberg, and especially of the 1% dev tax, so I'm not sure how I'm sucking up.

Edit: removed blockologist as mod, unstickied his "white paper", and switched side bar link back to this thread on reddit. I will post a text sticky so people can make their opinions known there about if they think he should be mod and which thread should be official.

Sorry jwinterm, my apologies i picked you up wrong on your statement.
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
OK, maybe I misused the white paper term in place of roadmap or whatever you want to call it. That's what I suggested in the reddit thread, re: consensus. Let me know when more that 50% of the clients on the network and 50% of blocks generated are coming from your version, and I'll gladly give you full control of subreddit again. You're free to post in the meantime, just not sticky your roadmap and change the links in the sidebar.

Thanks, well I'd like to collaborate and I'm not trying to fork the network so users can run any client they want. It is just you and boolberry moderating the subreddit (there isn't much activity there regardless, even over the past few months). I think the community would like a steward of that subreddit that is committed to this project
legendary
Activist Investor
Edit: removed blockologist as mod, unstickied his "white paper", and switched side bar link back to this thread on reddit. I will post a text sticky so people can make their opinions known there about if they think he should be mod and which thread should be official.

It should be based on consensus, maybe you'll bring some activity to the subreddit Smiley

you are the only one calling it a white paper at this point Huh    neither the sticky thread, the paper itself, or references to the paper itself call it a white paper.

no it wasn't a joke, people were asking what we planned to do and why, it clearly details the roadmap and why. pretty verbose to write over and over again in forums and chatrooms, it is 19 pages after all.

yours and others biggest gripe is my recognition of profit potential? I've seen that to be a recurring theme. It goes from benign software development contributions to an insidious scheme solely because of extrapolating what happens when you increase the utility and more people want it? Did you consider the alternate approach of thinking "hey yeah thats probably rational"
legendary
Not to beat a dead horse, and speaking as someone that doesn't think zoidberg has handled his role as developer, spokesperson, and 1% tax collector very well, but cheesus that "white paper" was a load of bullshit. You're giving scam artists a bad name lumping then in with le blockologist Tongue

haha new investors love the research report. It was intentionally written the way it was so that people outside of cryptocurrency would stay interested in reading it till completion. it is still circulating, judging from the analytics on the company website

I get contacted by all sorts of people who had no idea this kind of technology already existed and was so advanced.

http://bbrproject.slack.com is the place to be, I didn't set that up, someone that read the research report set it up. We're going to continue the updates to the RPC server, build infrastructure, get listed on bitsquare and so on

BTW jwinterm thanks for mod status on /r/boolberry  Roll Eyes

Yw, thanks for reminding me to remove it as well Roll Eyes Seriously, I hope it was a fucking joke, because it was nothing but memes and promising the fucking moon to "investors".

re: crypjunkie, I don't think I've ever really been anything but critical of zoidberg, and especially of the 1% dev tax, so I'm not sure how I'm sucking up.

Activist Investor
I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

CryptoZoidberg, looking forward to you coming back!

Lol "scam artist", good characteristic for many adventurous people attracted by easy money in cryptocurrency.

BTW jwinterm thanks for mod status on /r/boolberry  Roll Eyes
I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

Lol "scam artist", good characteristic for many adventurous people attracted by easy money in cryptocurrency.

Easy money in cryptocurrency would be taking 1% of a coin while away working on another project would it not?

Seems like sucking up to me, how can you say that after he abandoned the community and left the project in a stale state for over a yr, and all the time receiving a 1% tax on all coins mined?
legendary

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

@Boolberry user, I'm glad you posted your concerns on the thread and engaged in conversation with 1Blockologist as I had intended to reply with that recommendation to you on twitter after receiving your response to my DM. I sent you the DM via twitter just over a month ago about why you had not notified the community about the involvement and intentions 1Blockologist had made @ that time.

I unlike a lot of others on this thread don't hold much regard for CZ due to his recent posts which have done nothing other have a negative effect on the market value, something similar to your comments on the Twitter account.
I have been actively investing and watching the project closely since the involvement of 1Blockologist so I could not comment on anything that CZ has said or done before this time. 1blockologist has engaged with me many times as to how the development has been going and has never given me anything but confidence in himself and his team.

With regards to the control you have over the twitter account, I too think it is time to hand it over or delete it as your posts simply do nothing to inspire confidence in Boolberry, if anything they do the exact opposite. Like the statement of an attempted take over of BBR? It's called stewardship! Remember when 1Block announced all this CZ was non existent. Then there is the posts for other coins like AEON & Monero, I don't see any posts about BBR on there pages do you?  If you are not willing to give up control of the account could you at least take some time and have more in depth chats with 1blockologist as to what is actually going on, check it out even and see the commits by him and Javajared. Thanks
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

You are correct that I made those comments about Boolberry development. I think any independent observer would agree with my conclusion (at that time) by observing Boolberry GitHub activity over the past year.

How about you add some professionalism to your dutites as the largest boolberry related twitter account? Actively promoting another project on a boolberry twitter account regardless of the development is unprofessional. If you can't maintain the duty of managing the twitter account, you should hand it off to someone in the community more capable of the tasks involved. I would suggest one the advocates for boolberry, possibily one of the donators.

The primary duty of a boolberry account is to actively promote the coin and spread the news related to boolberry. If there is no news then there should be no tweets. Don't abuse your account to promote your investments in AEON. Do that on your own personal account, not the boolberry account. It screams unprofessional from the highest elevation possible and sends the wrong message to bbr investors. But I'm sure you already knew that.

That being said, CZ and 1block might have their differences but that will be set aside for the mutual goal of seeing boolberry succeed. IMO, 1block is better suited than you to manage that account because his interests are aligned soley with boolberry, not a competiing currency like AEON.

I believe in cooperation some of which brought a lot of attention to Boolberry

Boolberry, Aeon and Monero can all learn from each other. There is no reason to pick sides. Smooth (Aeon and Monero developer) has helped Boolberry in the past and that should not be ignored.

The Monero community allows BBR and AEON questions on Stack Exchange. We should be grateful for that privilege and congratulate those communities on their accomplishments.

LOL! Stop worrying about Boolberry and stay worried about Aeon getting back to Poloniex  Cheesy
Activity: 378

You are correct that I made those comments about Boolberry development. I think any independent observer would agree with my conclusion (at that time) by observing Boolberry GitHub activity over the past year.

How about you add some professionalism to your dutites as the largest boolberry related twitter account? Actively promoting another project on a boolberry twitter account regardless of the development is unprofessional. If you can't maintain the duty of managing the twitter account, you should hand it off to someone in the community more capable of the tasks involved. I would suggest one the advocates for boolberry, possibily one of the donators.

The primary duty of a boolberry account is to actively promote the coin and spread the news related to boolberry. If there is no news then there should be no tweets. Don't abuse your account to promote your investments in AEON. Do that on your own personal account, not the boolberry account. It screams unprofessional from the highest elevation possible and sends the wrong message to bbr investors. But I'm sure you already knew that.

That being said, CZ and 1block might have their differences but that will be set aside for the mutual goal of seeing boolberry succeed. IMO, 1block is better suited than you to manage that account because his interests are aligned soley with boolberry, not a competiing currency like AEON.

I believe in cooperation some of which brought a lot of attention to Boolberry

Boolberry, Aeon and Monero can all learn from each other. There is no reason to pick sides. Smooth (Aeon and Monero developer) has helped Boolberry in the past and that should not be ignored.

The Monero community allows BBR and AEON questions on Stack Exchange. We should be grateful for that privilege and congratulate those communities on their accomplishments.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

Next thing you are going to question is the loyalty to Boolberry project Grin Cheesy

I have never claimed to be 100% loyal to Boolberry. I have been interested in CryptoNote since 2014 and was very interested in the innovation that zoidberg introduced at that time. I have never hidden my interest in Monero or more recently Aeon.

I am not a Boolberry maximalist and will never put all my faith in a single currency, not even Bitcoin.

100%? First 10% you have to reach. Delete your twitter account or give it up to those actually interested in this project.

Edit: Stop liking your own tweets you back stabbing bstrd  Cheesy Using Boolberry to promote Monero and Aeon  Grin
Activity: 337
Merit: 315

Why don't you join the slack? We talk about cryptonote codebase all day there

I would suggest ditching slack in this early stage of the projects reboot in favor of Semaphor.

https://spideroak.com/solutions/semaphor
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/snowdens-favorite-cloud-service-now-has-a-group-chat-app
Activity: 337
Merit: 315

Activity: 378

Next thing you are going to question is the loyalty to Boolberry project Grin Cheesy

I have never claimed to be 100% loyal to Boolberry. I have been interested in CryptoNote since 2014 and was very interested in the innovation that zoidberg introduced at that time. I have never hidden my interest in Monero or more recently Aeon.

I am not a Boolberry maximalist and will never put all my faith in a single currency, not even Bitcoin.
Jump to: