Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 126. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

I stand by my comment about the price speculation talk being over the top based on the level of development activity you have demonstrated so far

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/commits/master

What are you guys talking about there are lots of commits now? The price speculation talk was primarily in the research paper before ANY commits were done.

Do you guys realize people actually run the code there?

Your opinions are great feedback but they have to be based in reality, there has to be a threshold where our development is no longer part of a "scam" and just actual software development

I agree there have been more commits recently but many of yours are just merge commits or simple changes. Which commit would you identify as the most important you have made so far in terms of demonstrating your understanding of the CryptoNote codebase?

Next thing you are going to question is the loyalty to Boolberry project Grin Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I am happy that new developers (including you) are interested in contributing now. I would like to see collaboration not a takeover attempt (I consider changing the sidebar link on r/boolberry to a new moderated bct thread under your control with links to a new GitHub page a hostile takeover attempt).

This is a moderated thread. You would be much better off if you just help me to the same standard you held CZ to.

I agree with you on that point. I wish zoidberg had made this thread unmoderated. That was a primary motivation for starting this thread last year

I haven't pushed my RPC server changes.

Why don't you join the slack? We talk about cryptonote codebase all day there

That is good advice. I have been very busy recently but should make have to make time to do that
Activity: 505
Activist Investor

I stand by my comment about the price speculation talk being over the top based on the level of development activity you have demonstrated so far

What are you guys talking about there are lots of commits now? The price speculation talk was primarily in the research paper before ANY commits were done.

Your opinions are great feedback but they have to be based in reality, there has to be a threshold where our development is no longer part of a "scam" and just actual software development

I agree there have been more commits recently but many of yours are just merge commits or simple changes. Which commit would you identify as the most important you have made so far in terms of demonstrating your understanding of the CryptoNote codebase?

I haven't pushed my RPC server changes.

Why don't you join the slack? We talk about cryptonote codebase all day there
Activist Investor
I am happy that new developers (including you) are interested in contributing now. I would like to see collaboration not a takeover attempt (I consider changing the sidebar link on r/boolberry to a new moderated bct thread under your control with links to a new GitHub page a hostile takeover attempt).

This is a moderated thread. You would be much better off if you just held me to the same standard you held CZ to.

As I stated above, I will keep an open mind about my views. So far I can say that you have been quite responsive to community feedback.
Activist Investor
I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

CryptoZoidberg, looking forward to you coming back!

Why not bring Monero-Aeon developers to Boolberry and get it poppin'!

I've talked with Smooth, the developer of Aeon and works with the Monero devs too

He is a very busy guy, but Monero contributors have been very helpful so far.
I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

Why not bring Monero-Aeon developers to Boolberry and get it poppin'!
Activist Investor
He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

Hi CZ, thank you for your valuable input.

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

Thanks again for all of your great work! Wink

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

Has your opinion changed? Although I have in the past questioned the 1% developer mining share at times when you have not been active I share your concerns in this case.
My current opinion is as follows:

Negatives:

1. Currently I consider the original GitHub repository to be official repository not the new BlockChainDevelopmentCompany repository. Zoidberg has proven a high level of understanding of the Boolberry codebase and is willing to review pull requests from new developers.
2. I don't like that 1blocklologist changed the Bitcointalk link on the r/boolberry sidebar to the new moderated thread which contains links to the new GitHub
3. I dislike the new BBR masternode plan
4. I dislike the plan to change the BBR ticker to XBR
5. I dislike all the Boolberry price target speculation. Talk without a significant demonstration of development ability reminds me too much of pump an dump tactics common in other coins

Positives:

1. It is nice to have interest from a new developer since you have not been active in a long time
2. Since you have not been active I like the proposal to remove the 1% developer mining reward (my mind could be changed if you started developing again)

Well I'm obligated to be defensive about this, so here are the answers:

All five of your negatives were directly related to CryptoZoidberg disappearing. You were the one that posted on Twitter that nobody should even be using Boolberry

August 28th:
"#Boolberry development is non existent. If you are looking for a #Monero alternative with #pruning and an active developer look at #Aeon." and this 100% contributed to my company's plans.

Boolberry development is no longer non existent, with a 100% correlation to my activity, and thats the modest version of that statement.

The masternode development hasn't even begun, we are working on everything else on the roadmap, and when we get that far we are open to input from the community.

The ticker symbol idea wasn't a plan, it was a comment. Lets have a discussion, this is a collaborative process.

We view Boolberry as undervalued. Taking the price target talk into conjunction with the masternode plan and you'd see that people wouldn't need to "dump" because it effectively turns Boolberry into an interest earning asset.

We can submit pull requests at any time, so it is misguided to form an absolute opinion that because we haven't that we won't.

Hope that helps!

You are correct that I made those comments about Boolberry development. I think any independent observer would agree with my conclusion (at that time) by observing Boolberry GitHub activity over the past year.

I am glad to hear you are open to input about the masternode plan (which I strongly dislike) and the ticker symbol comment is not part of a formal plan.

Activity: 12

Activist Investor

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

Zoidberg.

Has your opinion changed? Although I have in the past questioned the 1% developer mining share at times when you have not been active I share your concerns in this case.

Negatives:

1. Currently I consider the original GitHub repository to be official repository not the new BlockChainDevelopmentCompany repository. Zoidberg has proven a high level of understanding of the Boolberry codebase and is willing to review pull requests from new developers.
2. I don't like that 1blocklologist changed the Bitcointalk link on the r/boolberry sidebar to the new moderated thread which contains links to the new GitHub
5. I dislike all the Boolberry price target speculation. Talk without a significant demonstration of development ability reminds me too much of pump an dump tactics common in other coins

Positives:

1. It is nice to have interest from a new developer since you have not been active in a long time
2. Since you have not been active I like the proposal to remove the 1% developer mining reward (my mind could be changed if you started developing again)

Well I'm obligated to be defensive about this, so here are the answers:

All five of your negatives were directly related to CryptoZoidberg disappearing. You were the one that posted on Twitter that nobody should even be using Boolberry

August 28th:
"#Boolberry development is non existent. If you are looking for a #Monero alternative with #pruning and an active developer look at #Aeon." and this 100% contributed to my company's plans.

Boolberry development is no longer non existent, with a 100% correlation to my activity, and thats the modest version of that statement.

The masternode development hasn't even begun, we are working on everything else on the roadmap, and when we get that far we are open to input from the community.

The ticker symbol idea wasn't a plan, it was a comment. Lets have a discussion, this is a collaborative process.

We view Boolberry as undervalued. Taking the price target talk into conjunction with the masternode plan and you'd see that people wouldn't need to "dump" because it effectively turns Boolberry into an interest earning asset. We are also actively doing things necessary to get Boolberry on Bitsquare so that there are robust OTC markets that allow people to move a lot of Boolberry without affecting the order books on centralized exchanges.

We can submit pull requests at any time, so it is misguided to form an absolute opinion that because we haven't that we won't. We haven't done anything that would cause harm to the network and have only improved it, nothing we are doing will cause a fork, or any "battle" between developers. Leave amateur hour to bitcoin and ethereum. We have made a lot of improvements to the RPC server, for example.

Hope that helps!

Negatives:

Positives:

Ya, i changed my opinion, he started to insult me personally in chat, so i just ignore him.

Really hope to get back to BBR development before new year.

Zoidberg.

Thank you for your response. By private message he asked for control of my Twitter account which I did not provide.

https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/788789638735405056

Translation: Aeon is not coming back to Poloniex  Grin
Activist Investor

1. Currently I consider the original GitHub repository to be official for reasons similar to yours
2. I don't like that 1blocklologist changed the Bitcointalk link on r/monero to the new moderated thread which contains links to the new GitHub
3. I dislike the BBR masternode plan
5. I dislike all the talk of Boolberry

Positives:

Ya, i changed my opinion, he started to insult me personally in chat, so i just ignore him.

Zoidberg.

Thats news to me actually, I haven't tried to reach you in a while so I wouldn't know you were ignoring me

I'll post the conversation for anyone interested, there was an insult levied so that's my fault. But I thought we got past that, every question I asked about the source code was stonewalled and I said the autistic egotistic developer trope is from last decade and that modern software development is a collaborative process.

There are enough other developers in the slack channel now that we have been able to reverse engineer and modify faster.

Negatives:

Positives:

Zoidberg.

Thank you for your response. By private message he asked for control of my Twitter account which I did not provide.

https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/788789638735405056
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

1. Currently I consider the original GitHub repository to be official for reasons similar to yours
2. I don't like that 1blocklologist changed the Bitcointalk link on r/monero to the new moderated thread which contains links to the new GitHub
3. I dislike the BBR masternode plan
5. I dislike all the talk of Boolberry

Positives:

Zoidberg.

Zoidberg.

Negatives:

Positives:

Activist Investor
Hi guys,

This is just a reminder that all cryptonote coins are on topic in the Monero stackexchange.

There are not many questions about BBR, so come over and ask away...

I started these, if someone is able to answer them, please do.

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2302/how-does-boolberrys-wild-keccak-work

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2303/boolberrys-transaction-identification-by-prefix

Hi!

About wild keccak you can read here:   http://boolberry.com/files/Block_Chain_Based_Proof_of_Work.pdf
About transaction identification by prefix:  http://www.slideshare.net/boolberry/boolberry-reduces-blockchain-bloat

yep good resources, and I've been looking at hash rates from different systems. There isn't a lot of information or calculators out for the Wild Keccak algorithm, it'll be more user friendly for people to be able to better guesstimate their hash rate and potential returns
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Hi guys,

This is just a reminder that all cryptonote coins are on topic in the Monero stackexchange.

There are not many questions about BBR, so come over and ask away...

I started these, if someone is able to answer them, please do.

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2302/how-does-boolberrys-wild-keccak-work

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2303/boolberrys-transaction-identification-by-prefix

Hi!

About wild keccak you can read here:   http://boolberry.com/files/Block_Chain_Based_Proof_of_Work.pdf
About transaction identification by prefix:  http://www.slideshare.net/boolberry/boolberry-reduces-blockchain-bloat

Activity: 87
Merit: 11
Hi guys, anyone mining BBR with R7 370 GPU? What's the hashrate for this card?

Thank you Smiley

Hi. Have only 380 GPU and clocked at 1265/1475 I get 1220 kh/s
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Hi guys, anyone mining BBR with R7 370 GPU? What's the hashrate for this card?

Thank you Smiley
Jump to: