Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 138. (Read 1210749 times)

@bb
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Can Somebody clarify for me what this means when using the open cl miner  - GPU  (Share doesn't validate on CPU) are these being accepted or is there something I need to be doing

Seems you use wrong cuda toolkit version to compile or wrong kernel, default build is for maxwell architecture, if your gpu is kepler then use "make kepler",  other architecture should use opencl version.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Can Somebody clarify for me what this means when using the open cl miner  - GPU  (Share doesn't validate on CPU) are these being accepted or is there something I need to be doing
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
Nice, so the development is ON?
Seems like 1blockologist has something useful to contribute.
@bb
Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Thanks for your work. Let's continue moving this way. Make commits to your repository so I and everybody else can review them. The most urgent task for me is to merge DB branch from the original repository to master. Daemon needs a lot of memory to run right now. That's not good for a decentralized system. I would prefer you to checkout DB branch and commit on top to make the review process simpler.

DB is really important task, and idea was to quickly implement basic db support in BBR using level_db, but to go forward problem is that level_db doesn't have transactions support, so we need to go with something like LMDB, which means to rewrite current code in db branch.

I guess this gonna take about 1 month of hard work. (but not a hard fork! don't be confused)

So if 1blockologist is about to implement something useful for BBR - implement working daemon with suitable memory consumption using LMDB would be good move.  

Zoidberg

You're right, that would be a good move to do now instead of later. Monero team spent forever working on extra code to help people transition their current blockchain download into the database version, after having working database code for new users for months. Doing the LMDB stuff now while Boolberry doesn't have many users on the client would be ideal

But actually In later month there is a new KryptonotE coin alReady implement database COde, I thINk it would be good comparison to look at how the database implementation done.
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor

Thanks for your work. Let's continue moving this way. Make commits to your repository so I and everybody else can review them. The most urgent task for me is to merge DB branch from the original repository to master. Daemon needs a lot of memory to run right now. That's not good for a decentralized system. I would prefer you to checkout DB branch and commit on top to make the review process simpler.

DB is really important task, and idea was to quickly implement basic db support in BBR using level_db, but to go forward problem is that level_db doesn't have transactions support, so we need to go with something like LMDB, which means to rewrite current code in db branch.

I guess this gonna take about 1 month of hard work. (but not a hard fork! don't be confused)

So if 1blockologist is about to implement something useful for BBR - implement working daemon with suitable memory consumption using LMDB would be good move. 

Zoidberg

You're right, that would be a good move to do now instead of later. Monero team spent forever working on extra code to help people transition their current blockchain download into the database version, after having working database code for new users for months. Doing the LMDB stuff now while Boolberry doesn't have many users on the client would be ideal
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

Zoidberg
Activist Investor
Hi all,

I've got a number of private messages lately. I don't like private chats. It's better to give all answers here in public.

I'm trying to keep my pool online all the time cause I use it myself a bit. All pending payments are sent in all case. The only real DDOS attack was this August. It finished about a week ago. All connection issues should be resolved.

If you have problems with pool/miner apps post it here so you can get help from other guys who mine as well.

Regarding new development activities. You can count on me if some updates need to be deployed on the pool. Just keep development open so everybody can evaluate your proposals/code and give a feedback. Have any ideas how to handle possible forks? Post it here. Let's keep this discussion as open as possible.

I'm not going to actively participate in current discussion but I'll read all feedback.

You have 75% of the network and I have made the first commit the Boolberry project has seen in a year.

You are the longest chain, you can build from my source or not. At this point in time I am open to accepting pull requests from Zoidberg into the Blockchain Development Company repository, and further collaboration as he also understands the cryptonote codebase, but make no mistake, the choice is completely yours.

I have been attempting to reach out to all of the infrastructure of Boolberry, including your pool, to establish confidence in the project. A further announcement is incoming, but for now, I need all participants in the Boolberry project to understand their role in the network and work together, and you have a greatly disproportionate influence on the direction of the network. The code is on github.

I'm actually pursuing an intermediary system: hosting a remote synced client and allowing people to connect their simplewallet to that. Can you help with that since you are already hosting a node server and full mining node, people need to understand that this still gives them no perks to privacy.

We will be promoting more decentralized efforts, but our immediate goal is getting BBR off of the exchanges, and we will upgrade that to promoting greater decentralized after.
Activity: 360
Nice, so the development is ON?
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
Hi folk.

FYI: i've been contacted by 1blockologist user in the skype, he claim that he want to develop BBR.
At the moment i have no idea who is that person and what he intend to do actually. 

Let's see if his work gonna be helpful.

Zoidberg.

Thanks for getting back.
I think a lot of people would appreciate it if you can collaborate at some level with 1blockologist if he is really genuinely developing bbr further.
You still are part of the handful people who really understands cryptonote in detail.

If you didnt see yet, he made a new thread for bbr.

It is good to see you showing up here again.

Do you want to handover BBR project like Satoshi ever did?

Handover it to the community makes the project more decentralized.
mbk
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Hi all,

I've got a number of private messages lately. I don't like private chats. It's better to give all answers here in public.

I'm trying to keep my pool online all the time cause I use it myself a bit. All pending payments are sent in all case. The only real DDOS attack was this August. It finished about a week ago. All connection issues should be resolved.

If you have problems with pool/miner apps post it here so you can get help from other guys who mine as well.

Regarding new development activities. You can count on me if some updates need to be deployed on the pool. Just keep development open so everybody can evaluate your proposals/code and give a feedback. Have any ideas how to handle possible forks? Post it here. Let's keep this discussion as open as possible.

I'm not going to actively participate in current discussion but I'll read all feedback.

You have 75% of the network and I have made the first commit the Boolberry project has seen in a year.

You are the longest chain, you can build from my source or not. At this point in time I am open to accepting pull requests from Zoidberg into the Blockchain Development Company repository, and further collaboration as he also understands the cryptonote codebase, but make no mistake, the choice is completely yours.

I have been attempting to reach out to all of the infrastructure of Boolberry, including your pool, to establish confidence in the project. A further announcement is incoming, but for now, I need all participants in the Boolberry project to understand their role in the network and work together, and you have a greatly disproportionate influence on the direction of the network. The code is on github.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
miner dont work on 470 amd driver 16.8.3  Sad
everything working fine on RX470 8GB and driver 16.8.3 speed is near 1500 win8.1
Activist Investor
Hi folk.

FYI: i've been contacted by 1blockologist user in the skype, he claim that he want to develop BBR.
At the moment i have no idea who is that person and what he intend to do actually.  

Zoidberg.

Thank you Zoidberg

For questions and updates on the RUNE version of the daemon, please go here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16190745
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
I don't see why not remove the 1% fee to the ghost dev then, not doing so would make the community consider you could be the same person or colluding together.

Thats an interesting perspective. Our conclusion was that existing miners can vote to remove the 1% fee already, so there was nothing contentious that we needed to do at this point in time (not that we wanted to, the point is that we don't consider CryptoZoidberg's absence a problem, it is a self inflicted problem of the community that the community can change by voting to remove the 1% subsidy for nothing). Although we will release information on how to do it, as it isn't very user friendly. We weren't actually aware of the 1% tax when we identified Boolberry for stewardship.

The database needs a hard fork, the mixin criteria may need a hard fork, the ringct will need a hard fork, those are things that will possibly be marginally contentious as is. So it would be better if CryptoZoidberg reappeared and collaborated with us, instead of reappearing and wondering where his 1% cash flow went.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Hi folk.

Zoidberg.

Thanks for getting back.
I think a lot of people would appreciate it if you can collaborate at some level with 1blockologist if he is really genuinely developing bbr further.
You still are part of the handful people who really understands cryptonote in detail.

If you didnt see yet, he made a new thread for bbr.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Hi folk.

Zoidberg.
Activist Investor
New announcement thread under Blockchain Development Company moderation, please refer to that thread for latest developments

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xbb-boolberry-attempt-at-grassroots-development-movement-bittrex-1611499

/r/boolberry is now also Blockchain Development Company moderation

Our primary focus around moderation is to let people and the market know that Boolberry development is active again, and provide confidence that it will continue quickly.

We are currently in a moderated thread, so it is the same standard that CryptoZoidberg has, and although my channels should be open places to talk about the project as well as criticism, there are now multiple places to express your opinions if you feel there is or will be chilled expression
Activist Investor
Boolbd daemon version 0.3.1 and greater report to the network as a variant called RUNE. This is just a client name to differentiate from zoidberg clients on the network, the currency and project is still called Boolberry, but this will be used to easily see Blockchain Development Company code going forward

Thank you for your patience

When do you make it available for testing and production use?

I would like the owner Boolberry.com to accept my binaries, can you help me reach out to the owner of that site?

In the mean time, you can build from source https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/ , although I understand that is not convenient, for now I want people to look at my code updates to see that nothing bad or breaking has been implemented before I make a big push on getting miners to update.

Did you have got any trust from the hitherto existing dev group?

I talked to CryptoZoidberg and he wanted to see new code from my group before giving an official endorsement. So that is what we are doing.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Boolbd daemon version 0.3.1 and greater report to the network as a variant called RUNE. This is just a client name to differentiate from zoidberg clients on the network, the currency and project is still called Boolberry, but this will be used to easily see Blockchain Development Company code going forward

I would like the owner Boolberry.com to accept my binaries, can you help me reach out to the owner of that site?

In the mean time, you can build from source https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/ , although I understand that is not convenient, for now I want people to look at my code updates to see that nothing bad or breaking has been implemented before I make a big push on getting miners to update.

Did you have got any trust from the hitherto existing dev group?
Activist Investor

Jump to: