Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 178. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

Hi Folk!

We (Clintar and me) made some db code, which seems to work fine. (we made some tests on clintar's backend).
This code take part of blockchain data (blockchain.bin) and store it in leveldb database. Is things gonna be ok we'll move the rest of data into leveldb database.

Anyone who interested to reduce memory usage in Boolberry daemon, could try to use code from "db" branch for test.

Thanks for any feedback.

Zoidberg

PS: Many thanks to Clintar for helping, supporting and even coding Boolberry!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Everything works now. Not sure why you want to keep attacking me

dont take that as an attack...
its just that with using linux its often necessary to edit makefiles or compile something with different flags. that isnt something viewed as special or complicated by people used to linux; hence the reaction.

if you continue using linux every day in a few months you will share that view: different os different concepts Wink

It did not seem like an attack to me either.

Congratulations on getting it to work on Linux. Keep using Linux and you will learn to love it soon. It will also make privacy and security much easier to maintain.

If you are new, this may interest you: http://askubuntu.com/questions/192269/how-can-i-remove-amazon-search-results-from-the-dash-or-disable-the-feature
Activity: 252
Merit: 251

dont take that as an attack...
its just that with using linux its often necessary to edit makefiles or compile something with different flags. that isnt something viewed as special or complicated by people used to linux; hence the reaction.

if you continue using linux every day in a few months you will share that view: different os different concepts Wink
Activity: 336
You built with BUILD_GUI=TRUE and you have no GUI and no error messages?

no I did not feel comfortable editing the make file as smooth suggested as he said he had not done that himself and seemed uncertain:

"It's not something I've done but looking at the CMakeLists.txt file I'd guess that going into the Makefile and changing

cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

to

cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -D BUILD_GUI=TRUE

Then make as usual

or if not that, then something close to it."

The above instructions look great for someone who is more experienced than I am. I have never edited a makefile.

I am new to Linux and did not want to experiment

Then you shouldn't have said:

If you read all of my comments you will see that currently there is no error message and I appear to have all dependencies. The problem is that I followed all the instructions and there is no GUI

I did follow all instructions on boolberry.com

I also followed some advice that smooth gave me and I am grateful for such as removing the j or adding 2 after it here:
cd boolberry; make -j

I just did not feel comfortable editing a make file.  I am not sure why are are attacking me or claiming there should be an error message. After
cd boolberry; make -j 2 I could complete installation with no error messages.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

no I did not feel comfortable editing the make file as smooth suggested as he said he had not done that himself and seemed uncertain:

"It's not something I've done but looking at the CMakeLists.txt file I'd guess that going into the Makefile and changing

to

Then make as usual

The above instructions look great for someone who is more experienced than I am. I have never edited a makefile.

Then you shouldn't have said:

If you read all of my comments you will see that currently there is no error message and I appear to have all dependencies. The problem is that I followed all the instructions and there is no GUI
Hi, languagehasmeaning

Don't try to build it,  it can be difficult because of the possible issues with QT.
Simplest way to get GUI at Ubuntu:

wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/boolberry/bbr-linux-x64-v0.3.0.41%28abcdeab%29.tar.bz2
tar -xvjf "bbr-linux-x64-v0.3.0.41(abcdeab).tar.bz2"
cd boolberry
chmod 777 ./qt-boolb.sh
./qt-boolb.sh

it starts GUI app. Wait until it downloads current blockchain and you can use it after that.

Thank you very much! This advice was perfect. Everything is working great now!

How is the new GUI wallet coming along? Are you ready for beta testers. Thanks again for all you have done to help Boolberry. I love this coin and community

to

Then make as usual

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Hi, languagehasmeaning

Don't try to build it,  it can be difficult because of the possible issues with QT.
Simplest way to get GUI at Ubuntu:

wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/boolberry/bbr-linux-x64-v0.3.0.41%28abcdeab%29.tar.bz2
tar -xvjf "bbr-linux-x64-v0.3.0.41(abcdeab).tar.bz2"
cd boolberry
chmod 777 ./qt-boolb.sh
./qt-boolb.sh

it starts GUI app. Wait until it downloads current blockchain and you can use it after that.
legendary
Trying to compile GUI version on linux:

http://boolberry.com/howto.html

Here is an example of a build for Ubuntu 13 or 14. The first steps are to add the PPA that contains Boost 1.55. The rest is self explanitory:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:boost-latest/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get -y install gcc-4.8 g++-4.8 libboost1.55-all-dev git cmake
    git clone https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry.git
    cd boolberry; make -j

every time my computer freezes up on the cd boolberry; make -j step.

The dependencies installed fine
Please help

Should I be working with this file instead?
bbr-linux-x64-v0.3.0.41(abcdeab).tar.bz2

I could not find a read me file

Do you have low RAM? make -j gives unlimited parallelism which might be too much. Try make without the -j or put a number after the -j for who many simultaneous compiles your computer can handle (start with 2 or 4 for example)

4GB RAM. New PC with a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 install

Thanks for your help. I am trying the below now (install is in process now but going slow):
cd boolberry; make -j2

what if anything do I need to do with this file?

If I am cloning from git from the above instructions I don't see why I need it. Excuse my ignorance please. I am new to Linux

Okay it seems like everything is in installed but I dont see a GUI! in the boolberry-build-release-src folder I only see boold, connectivity_tool, simple miner and simple wallet

are these instructions for the CLI wallet only? Where is the GUI.

This appears to include a GUI per BBR page:

but I see no instructions to install it

It's not something I've done but looking at the CMakeLists.txt file I'd guess that going into the Makefile and changing

to

Then make as usual

or if not that, then something close to it.

You will likely get some messages about missing dependencies (Qt libraries and headers). Install those then try again.

I really appreciate your advice but don't really feel comfortable with this type of experimentation.

Is there anyone here who has already installed the GUI on Ubuntu? Could you provide me instructions step by step?

A lot of times Linux doesn't really lend itself to step-by-step.  smooth gave you good advice.  Dependencies are where you might run into trouble.  Just bring any error messages you get here (or to a Ubuntu board) and someone will help you figure out which dependencies you need to install.  You're close.

My question remains. Is there anyone here who has installed the GUI on Ubuntu or another version of Linux?
I really appreciate your advice but don't really feel comfortable with this type of experimentation.

Is there anyone here who has already installed the GUI on Ubuntu? Could you provide me instructions step by step?

lolwat

1) Install Windows 7
2) Download precompiled GUI binary
3) Unzip and double-click boolberry-qt.exe
4) ? ? ?
5) Profit!

I did that a long time ago. It works well. Now I am trying to get things to work on Linux too. I am learning Ubuntu
legendary

Here is an example of a build for Ubuntu 13 or 14. The first steps are to add the PPA that contains Boost 1.55. The rest is self explanitory:

sudo apt-get update
    cd boolberry; make -j

Please help

Do you have low RAM? make -j gives unlimited parallelism which might be too much. Try make without the -j or put a number after the -j for who many simultaneous compiles your computer can handle (start with 2 or 4 for example)

Thanks for your help. I am trying the below now (install is in process now but going slow):
cd boolberry; make -j2

If I am cloning from git from the above instructions I don't see why I need it. Excuse my ignorance please. I am new to Linux

Okay it seems like everything is in installed but I dont see a GUI! in the boolberry-build-release-src folder I only see boold, connectivity_tool, simple miner and simple wallet

It's not something I've done but looking at the CMakeLists.txt file I'd guess that going into the Makefile and changing

to

Then make as usual

You will likely get some messages about missing dependencies (Qt libraries and headers). Install those then try again.

A lot of times Linux doesn't really lend itself to step-by-step.  smooth gave you good advice.  Dependencies are where you might run into trouble.  Just bring any error messages you get here (or to a Ubuntu board) and someone will help you figure out which dependencies you need to install.  You're close.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

lolwat

1) Install Windows 7
2) Download precompiled GUI binary
3) Unzip and double-click boolberry-qt.exe
4) ? ? ?
5) Profit!

sudo apt-get update
    cd boolberry; make -j

Please help

cd boolberry; make -j2

to

Then make as usual

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

sudo apt-get update
    cd boolberry; make -j

Please help

cd boolberry; make -j2

to

Then make as usual

sudo apt-get update
    cd boolberry; make -j

Please help

cd boolberry; make -j2

sudo apt-get update
    cd boolberry; make -j

Please help

cd boolberry; make -j2

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

sudo apt-get update
    cd boolberry; make -j

Please help

sudo apt-get update
    cd boolberry; make -j

Please help

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
It's part of SuperNET, yes. But the fact that it's new tech(Cryptonote) means it takes more work to integrate it into different things. Whereas most currencies are backwards compatible with Bitcoin.

People are working on the 2.0 stream of releases for the SuperNET software itself right now. So I'm not sure if it's better to just wait for that to get out of beta or whatever first, or have someone who can assist in integrating BBR in to the wallet part contact someone from that specific team(called the CPMT).

Thanks for explaining the reasoning why bbr integration is taking longer than other coins. Any idea on the eta for 2.0 coins?

Not sure. Someone will probably have to take the lead on integrating BBR in to the wallet part. I'm not sure how doing that with Cryptonote tech compares to other currencies.

I think the work was already done for the BBR side: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11819098
Jump to: