Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 180. (Read 1210749 times)

@bb
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Hey folk!

We are looking for someone who can work out X11 GPU miner (both OpenCL and Cuda).
Need to make changes in block size (adapt for cryptonote-family block) and test it with server pool software.

We pay in Bitcoins.
Let me know if someone is familiar with this code and ready to sort out things for us.

Zoidberg.

Wolf0 is an expert of X11 algo, sometimes he goes online at #dogecoindark on freenode irc channel, also he is member here in bitcointalk forum.

Btw, Boolberry network seems under attack? All BBR pools cant be conected by my miner. I went solomining today to see how it goes.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I don't think it serves anyone's interests to create tension and conflict between Boolberry and Dashcoin.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with shojayxt.

The goal is to introduce newcomers to anonymous currencies. My plan was to give free coins to people outside of the current BBR and DASH communities to compare. I am not trying to convert existing DASH community members. Is there something wrong with that plan?

Everyone appreciates your efforts to promote Boolberry.  So I would like to say Thank You.

Perhaps a better comparison to use for your promotion would be Boolberry vs Bitcoin.  Not many people know what Dashcoin is but many know about Bitcoin.  Boolberry offers some benefits over Bitcoin that some might find intriguing and decide to take a closer look.  Regardless, thanks for your efforts.   

That actually is a good idea. I do focus on bitcoin anonymity issues but I can make more of an effort to focus on how boolberry is different.

FYI Kristov Atlas is wondering by what means would they compare?
https://twitter.com/kristovatlas/status/636963863511068672

I think Kristov is well respected in the privacy community. What do you all think about raising a bounty to fund his review of the BBR whitepaper and codebase?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I don't think it serves anyone's interests to create tension and conflict between Boolberry and Dashcoin.

The goal is to introduce newcomers to anonymous currencies. My plan was to give free coins to people outside of the current BBR and DASH communities to compare. I am not trying to convert existing DASH community members. Is there something wrong with that plan?

Everyone appreciates your efforts to promote Boolberry.  So I would like to say Thank You.

Perhaps a better comparison to use for your promotion would be Boolberry vs Bitcoin.  Not many people know what Dashcoin is but many know about Bitcoin.  Boolberry offers some benefits over Bitcoin that some might find intriguing and decide to take a closer look.  Regardless, thanks for your efforts.   

legendary

Even a broken clock is right twice a day  Grin
legendary
Hey folk!

We are looking for someone who can work out X11 GPU miner (both OpenCL and Cuda).
Need to make changes in block size (adapt for cryptonote-family block) and test it with server pool software.

We pay in Bitcoins.
Let me know if someone is familiar with this code and ready to sort out things for us.

Zoidberg.

I noticed that you cross-posted this on the  Louisd’or thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12258305  

Is this request for that project or do you have plans to alter the Boolberry algorithm as well?  

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

legendary
from DASH thread...

their first response was to mention out market cap:

DASH you are hereby invited to participate in an anonymity #PepsiChallenge

Not that market cap means much, but just for the record...

Actually I do think that market cap is a factor that newcomers to anonymous currencies should consider. Feel free to emphasize that relative (current) advantage of DASH over BBR if you like.

Do you accept the challenge?

Hey folk!

We pay in Bitcoins.

Zoidberg.

Great idea! I hope someone with the skills to assist on this project responds soon
from DASH thread...

their first response was to mention out market cap:

DASH you are hereby invited to participate in an anonymity #PepsiChallenge

Not that market cap means much, but just for the record...

Actually I do think that market cap is a factor that newcomers to anonymous currencies should consider. Feel free to emphasize that relative (current) advantage of DASH over BBR if you like.

Do you accept the challenge?
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Hey folk!

We pay in Bitcoins.

Zoidberg.
Activity: 336
Oh oh, cncoin.farm got hacked or cz finally renamed bbr? ;-)

It's nothing new. Something on the site is broken which is causing it to display Rune Berry, which was suggested at one point as a name for this coin. Just search this forum for Rune. For example:

Boolberry or Rune Berry?

Plz the end soon discuss coin name

Boolberry is a great name. I am glad the community overwhelmingly voted to keep it
Activity: 450

It's nothing new. Something on the site is broken which is causing it to display Rune Berry, which was suggested at one point as a name for this coin. Just search this forum for Rune. For example:

Boolberry or Rune Berry?

Plz the end soon discuss coin name

Activity: 336

Interesting. Somehow I doubt a name changed would be announced there and not on the official Boolberry website or this forum
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
1. Memory hard ­ undoubtedly this property is a key feature of being ASIC resistant.
Thanks for information  Smiley
legendary
hi all
where i can buy good asic for min more BBR plz
Thanks
Ps: electricity is free for me  Grin

You can't.  Although anything is possible if someone is determined, Boolberry's POW is designed to be ASIC resistant.  I'm sure if Boolberry was more valuable someone would take the time to implement an ASIC or FPGA with some success.  At this time CPU and GPU mining are all that's available.

From the Boolberry POW White Paper:

Idea
After review of existing Proof­of­Work functions, we determined we wanted to have a
function with the following properties:
1. Memory hard ­ undoubtedly this property is a key feature of being ASIC resistant.
2. Fast validation ­ it is very desirable to have a fast synchronization time to protect
nodes from possible DOS attacks.
Classic SCrypt­like hash functions create a scratchpad for every hash calculation. The
shortcoming to this is larger scratchpads take more time to prepare. 2MB is reasonable size
based on limitations forced by speed requirements. However, memory hardness is desired only
at mining; single hash calculation is not needed to be memory hard.
Boolberry took a different approach. The scratchpad is generated to provide an array of
pseudo­random data to work on, and the generation causes a lot of memory access operations.
But, the cryptocurrency already has pseudo­random data in the block chain; some hashes, keys
and so on. The idea is to use this block chain data as one solid incremental scratchpad
for hashing. A portion of each new block is added to this scratchpad.
Now it is possible to have a wide range of scratchpad sizes, since there are no
performance restriction due to scratchpad generation, as in the SCrypt­like functions. But, after
public discussion [9] it became clear that too large of a scratchpad would make it impossible to
have SPV­client in the future, especially for mobile platforms. On the other hand, if the
scratchpad is too small, it leaves room for a bigger advantage for GPU mining and possibility of
ASICs. Considering both of these circumstances we decided to restrict scratchpad growth to
about 90MB per year. For incremental scratchpad update we use following data:
* previous block id
* coin­base transaction’s one­time public key
* coin­base transaction’s merkle hash
* coin­base transaction’s output keys

Full White Paper:

Block Chain Based Proof­of­Work Hash and Wild Keccak as a Reference Implementation http://boolberry.com/files/Block_Chain_Based_Proof_of_Work.pdf

legendary
Hello,

I've downloaded Windows GUI wallet and bought some from poloniex. Does anyone can inform me about these:
- solo mining: is it ok to do solo with laptop (i7 with nvidia card)?
- how to set poloniex API for the GUI Wallet? i have copied my API from poloniex but have no idea where to add those.

Really appreciate for any helps.

Regards.

Yes at this low difficulty you can solo mine with your laptop using mbk's open_cl miner.  I am finding blocks on a laptop. Keep an eye on the temperature.  My GPU stays below 70 degrees celsius. 

Sorry but can't help you with the Poloniex API.
legendary
Ok, so I cloned the git repo, and compiled boolberry. When I fire up the daemon and start the simplewallet, I get the following error:

Code:
twiggy@mintsy ~/Wallets/Boolberry $ ./simplewallet
Boolberry wallet v0.3.0.41(4d57523)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl >'
  what():  boost::bad_any_cast: failed conversion using boost::any_cast
Aborted
twiggy@mintsy ~/Wallets/Boolberry $

I'm using Linux Mint 17 XFCE

Any ideas as to why this occurs?

It could be the wrong version of boost like @bb stated.  You can use 1.53 or 1.55 but not 1.54.  I've never used Mint but have never had an issue compiling on Ubuntu following the official build instructions.

From the instructions at Boolberry.com http://boolberry.com/howto.html#linuxbuild :

Linux Build

Dependencies:

GCC 4.7.3 or later
CMake 2.8.6 or later
and Boost 1.53(but don't use 1.54) or later.
Here is an example of a build for Ubuntu 13 or 14. The first steps are to add the PPA that contains Boost 1.55. The rest is self explanitory:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:boost-latest/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install gcc-4.8 g++-4.8 libboost1.55-all-dev git cmake
git clone https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry.git
cd boolberry; make -j
The resulting executables can be found in "build/release/src"
Jump to: