Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 183. (Read 1210749 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
There may be lots of skilled developers around, but when it comes to Cryptonote there are only a few who are really familiar with the code base. And I think all of those people are already preoccupied with their own projects. And having witnessed how well CZ has been able to handle emergencies and attacks, I think having one CZ is far more valuable than having even 5 outsiders come and try to start from scratch and learn this somewhat notoriously odd code base from scratch. Plus, it's not like he's disappeared or anything. He's still around here.

While there's work to be done on BBR itself, growth is more likely to come from 3rd parties building things to increase activity. It's not like anyone needs permission from CZ to keep BBR growing. We're probably at an impasse now where people who want to build things are nervous that CZ has abandoned BBR, and CZ himself is not sure if there's enough interest still in BBR to continue. So it's a chicken and egg situation.

Here's a possible base case to halt the recursive chicken and egg situation:

Zoidberg recognizes a Bus Factor of One is an emergency, and begins the process of blunting the learning curve for (commenting/refactoring) BBR/CN's "notoriously odd code base."

Between AEON, BBR, and XDN, there is a race on to be the Litecoin of Cryptonote.  LTC got to 2nd place with ~one dev, but can any of them?

OK, XDN technically/by market cap already has.  But you know what I mean - CZ can't do it alone!  Nobody can now, because Satoshi and coblee already did.  Market leaders ETH and Ripple employ and deploy teams of executives, managers, coders, marketers, and lawyers...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Este Nuno makes some good points.

Also nothing prevents people from contributing to development. Github works on a decentralized basis where anyone can do work and submit a pull request. I have one or two that I've been planning to submit to BBR (based on downstream work on AEON).

Now if you get into a situation where people are making reasonable pull requests and CZ isn't acting on them, that is the time to potentially appoint a new developer, but that hasn't happened.

So if you want development on BBR to continue, do the development, or fund someone to do the development. Then proceed as above. Just talking about it is getting everything backwards.

I like the pull request idea. Can someone make some minor commit so we can see how he responds?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
https://www.reddit.com/r/boolberry/comments/3gt5og/cryptonote_coins_are_coming_to_cryptsy/

CryptoNote coins coming to Cryptsy.  This is the right time to get more active. I am sure they will add XMR first but lets prove to Cryptsy that we deserve a listing too!

https://twitter.com/cryptsy/status/631672049631629312

Start trading, contacting merchants and participating on Twitter, Reddit and Bitcointalk.

The time is now
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Este Nuno makes some good points.

Also nothing prevents people from contributing to development. Github works on a decentralized basis where anyone can do work and submit a pull request. I have one or two that I've been planning to submit to BBR (based on downstream work on AEON).

Now if you get into a situation where people are making reasonable pull requests and CZ isn't acting on them, that is the time to potentially appoint a new developer, but that hasn't happened.

So if you want development on BBR to continue, do the development, or fund someone to do the development. Then proceed as above. Just talking about it is getting everything backwards.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
Why bother logging in if you are not going to post?

Maybe to check or reply to PMs?

That is very possible.

In the meantime, everyone should keep mining boolberry and developing services to support its growth. Keep contacting shapeshift.io and ask them to add BBR. We need to make spending BBR easier

We also need a market maker on both bittrex en poloniex

If there is no active developer, it is a dead coin. We need a takeover.

CZ is still around and there's no one better. Community needs a kick start perhaps though.

Why is there no one better than CZ? I still don't get this argument as, it seems, there are plenty of highly skilled developers around.

There may be lots of skilled developers around, but when it comes to Cryptonote there are only a few who are really familiar with the code base. And I think all of those people are already preoccupied with their own projects. And having witnessed how well CZ has been able to handle emergencies and attacks, I think having one CZ is far more valuable than having even 5 outsiders come and try to start from scratch and learn this somewhat notoriously odd code base from scratch. Plus, it's not like he's disappeared or anything. He's still around here.

While there's work to be done on BBR itself, growth is more likely to come from 3rd parties building things to increase activity. It's not like anyone needs permission from CZ to keep BBR growing. We're probably at an impasse now where people who want to build things are nervous that CZ has abandoned BBR, and CZ himself is not sure if there's enough interest still in BBR to continue. So it's a chicken and egg situation.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100

That is very possible.

In the meantime, everyone should keep mining boolberry and developing services to support its growth. Keep contacting shapeshift.io and ask them to add BBR. We need to make spending BBR easier

CZ is still around and there's no one better. Community needs a kick start perhaps though.

Why is there no one better than CZ? I still don't get this argument as, it seems, there are plenty of highly skilled developers around.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

That is very possible.

Activity: 434

That is very possible.

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

That is very possible.

We also need a market maker on both bittrex and poloniex
Activity: 378

That is very possible.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
I find something interesting.....

CZ does not post here often but he does log on:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cryptozoidberg-170073
According to his profile he was last here August 4th.  Clearly he could just read the forums without logging on at all. Why bother logging in if you are not going to post?

I think it must have a meaning. At the very least he is telling us he is alive. Could it also be that he wants us to know he is still active and has grand plans for BBR? It just makes no sense to me why he would keep logging on unless he wanted us to know he was still here.

CZ is a great developer and I am willing to wait
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I see. You are pool owner, that is great opportunity, please tell the detailed plan.

I have my own develop scripts for multipool, just somehow it was not possible to use them. We will mining Bitcoin and Litecoin, then automatically (or manually), exchanged to Boolberry and payout with miners. This is at least: support course coins, the coin will be mining ASIC.
@bb
Activity: 137

Hi people! Whether actual SHA256 and Scrypt multipul for BoolBerry?

Hi friend, Boolberry uses wildkeccak algo not scrypt nor sha256. Tell us your hardware config, people here will try to help mining it.

I know! I want to give an opportunity to the coin through mine SHA256 and Scrypt through purchase on the stock exchange! We mine Bitcoin and buy it Boolberry!

I see. You are pool owner, that is great opportunity, please tell the detailed plan.

Hi friend, Boolberry uses wildkeccak algo not scrypt nor sha256. Tell us your hardware config, people here will try to help mining it.

I know! I want to give an opportunity to the coin through mine SHA256 and Scrypt through purchase on the stock exchange! We mine Bitcoin and buy it Boolberry!
@bb

Hi people! Whether actual SHA256 and Scrypt multipool for BoolBerry?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
i find it really funny comparing vanilla dev john conner to any dev or even teams on bitcointalk alts

I find most comparisons to be rather ridiculous.  There are many talented entities.  It's impossible to know if it is one individual or multiple individuals.  Then throw in the various values for comparison.  What methodology is used for determination.  There is no way to arrive at a conclusion.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
i find it really funny comparing vanilla dev john conner to any dev or even teams on bitcointalk alts
@bb
The board is ztex 1.15y contain 4 spartan 6 with 64MB RAM

I don't see where that board has 64 MB of RAM. Huh

It is optimized for computations that do not require much bandwidth and RAM

Maybe you are thinking of another platform?

Mistaken look, the 64 MB is here http://shop.ztex.de/product_info.php?products_id=52  discontinued.

The 256 MB is here http://shop.ztex.de/product_info.php?products_id=83

I havent check those boards are different platform or same.
Jump to: