Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 187. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Guess this answers the question if Boolberry is still a SuperNET coin:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114915/what-debate-nxt-votes-unanimously-to-add-coin-mixing-anonymity

Ring sigs so much better than mixing. Idiots.

Typical Supernet...announce and hype vapor projects faster than anything can actually be finished.

Where's that Pangea Poker demo that was due in April?   Roll Eyes

If supernet proceeds with this plan and does not utilize cryptonote it will lose a lot of credibility in my eyes

lol supernet has credibility?

not anymore I guess.

Boolberry is the most advanced coin in Supernet. The fact that they are not actively promoting it means they are either stupid or have an agenda.

An agenda is a more likely guess as they probably want to focus on raising the value of NXT and BTCD more than the quality or security of their system
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114915/what-debate-nxt-votes-unanimously-to-add-coin-mixing-anonymity

Typical Supernet...announce and hype vapor projects faster than anything can actually be finished.

If supernet proceeds with this plan and does not utilize cryptonote it will lose a lot of credibility in my eyes

lol supernet has credibility?

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
@bb
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Also what would it take to enable BBR to be mined via Minergate... this could help increase hashrate/ interest?

They would have to update their apparently-proprietary pool code to support wild keccak. Currently it only supports sha, scrypt, and cryptonight.

Good point. This is one of the disadvantages for coins utilizing newer hashing algorithms

I have sent email to minergate support to ask weather or when they will support wild keccak algo, i will paste their answer if any.

Anyone tried ec2 gpu cloud mining to mine BBR? I think their  nvidia patform will do very well on wild keccak algo.

I tried it but the performance was not better than cpu mining using the 32 core instances.  I was using wolfs open source miner https://github.com/wolf9466/bbr-cudaminer.  There may be some tweaks to improve performance but I don't know what they are.  

AWS ec2 gpu cloud uses nvidia grid and tesla chip, while bbr-cudaminer support only for keppler and maxwell( need recompile for keppler) if only someone could compile for tesla or grid it could be the most powerfull BBR miner.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Also what would it take to enable BBR to be mined via Minergate... this could help increase hashrate/ interest?

They would have to update their apparently-proprietary pool code to support wild keccak. Currently it only supports sha, scrypt, and cryptonight.

Good point. This is one of the disadvantages for coins utilizing newer hashing algorithms

I have sent email to minergate support to ask weather or when they will support wild keccak algo, i will paste their answer if any.

Anyone tried ec2 gpu cloud mining to mine BBR? I think their  nvidia patform will do very well on wild keccak algo.

I tried it but the performance was not better than cpu mining using the 32 core instances.  I was using wolfs open source miner https://github.com/wolf9466/bbr-cudaminer.  There may be some tweaks to improve performance but I don't know what they are. 
@bb

what is the size of the blockchain these days?

Almost 1.6GB, very compact size compared to other cryptonote.
Activity: 35
Merit: 11

what is the size of the blockchain these days?
@bb

Anyone tried ec2 gpu cloud mining to mine BBR? I think their  nvidia patform will do very well on wild keccak algo.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

If we could convince shapeshift.io to add us that could really help us as well.

If BBR was added to shapeshift.io how could that help us? Just curious.

The fundamental things is hashrate guys, if we all hash the BBR until 100x higher than now, it will automatically attract big attention from the cryptoworld, no need marketing lipservice or writeservice Smiley also hundredfold hashrate would make the dev team show their true skill and invent more to cope the problems, with hashrate like now there is no need for another update, because everythings is went smooth as always, no bump on technical side.

And remember notes always has bigger value than coin, but gold always on top of both. Bool means gold Smiley CMIIW

Are there simple, update-to-date instructions on how to CPU & GPU mine BBR using AWS EC2?

I agree that Minergate could really help. More pools will be useful in bringing attention to this great coin and get more people started mining it
Activity: 259
Merit: 250

The fundamental things is hashrate guys, if we all hash the BBR until 100x higher than now, it will automatically attract big attention from the cryptoworld, no need marketing lipservice or writeservice Smiley also hundredfold hashrate would make the dev team show their true skill and invent more to cope the problems, with hashrate like now there is no need for another update, because everythings is went smooth as always, no bump on technical side.

And remember notes always has bigger value than coin, but gold always on top of both. Bool means gold Smiley CMIIW

Are there simple, update-to-date instructions on how to CPU & GPU mine BBR using AWS EC2?

@bb

@bb
can i mine this coin with FPGA? 

There is ASIC and FPGA for keccak, see here http://keccak.noekeon.org/hw_performance.html

But to make it able to mine BBR is very difficult since the scratchpad is growing 90MB /year to design ASIC/FPGA miner that can mine for 20 years,  scratchpad size is about 2GB is almost impossible, but if BBR price skyrocketed over BTC people will likely willing to develop such ASIC/FPGA.

Are you still actively mining? What do you think about the hash rate?

Yes. I am still mining BBR. Sometimes solo, but when its getting difficult to find blocks, i switch to pool mining.

About the hashrate, i think people should put all hash power to BBR, because the devs team who support the technology really knows how to's. I saw many clone of cryptonote technology other than BBR get stuck waiting solution of their technical problems(which probably waiting for BBR update to copy paste the solution). While BBR always smooth, fast and reliable. Well thats all IMHO.

There is ASIC and FPGA for keccak, see here http://keccak.noekeon.org/hw_performance.html

But to make it able to mine BBR is very difficult since the scratchpad is growing 90MB /year to design ASIC/FPGA miner that can mine for 20 years,  scratchpad size is about 2GB is almost impossible, but if BBR price skyrocketed over BTC people will likely willing to develop such ASIC/FPGA.

Are you still actively mining? What do you think about the hash rate?
@bb

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

You would have to create one for BBR's unique algo.
Jump to: