Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 209. (Read 1210750 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
We need your help in testing of the new version.

Here's the git diff of what I had to change to get it to compile in my Linux distro.

Code:
diff --git a/src/crypto/crypto.h b/src/crypto/crypto.h
index 27bed21..466dca2 100644
--- a/src/crypto/crypto.h
+++ b/src/crypto/crypto.h
@@ -26,11 +26,11 @@ namespace crypto {

#pragma pack(push, 1)
   POD_CLASS ec_point {
-    char data[32];
+    protected: char data[32];
   };

POD_CLASS ec_scalar {
-    char data[32];
+    protected: char data[32];
   };

POD_CLASS public_key: ec_point {
diff --git a/src/crypto/mnemonic-encoding.cpp b/src/crypto/mnemonic-encoding.cpp
index 3a283ad..5781deb 100644
--- a/src/crypto/mnemonic-encoding.cpp
+++ b/src/crypto/mnemonic-encoding.cpp
@@ -3275,7 +3275,8 @@ namespace crypto
                {
                        int n = NUMWORDS;
                        vector tokens;
-                       boost::split(tokens, boost::trim_copy(text),
+                       string cptext = boost::trim_copy(text);
+                       boost::split(tokens, cptext,
                                boost::is_any_of(" "));
                        if(tokens.size() % 3 != 0)
                                throw runtime_error("Invalid word count in mnemonic text");

It didn't like accessing crypto.data because it was private. I set it to be declared as protected, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do. I was just trying to get it to compile. Then it was just that I needed to do the trim_copy in a temp variable instead of sending to the split function.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I have talked to Scruffy in Skype and he is an official dev. Zoidberg alluded to it in a post a few weeks ago to make it more "official", what a few of us knew for a while. Albeit it was zoidbergesque  Wink Grin

ATM scruffy is working on BBR new wallet version since i want to have second developer who familiar with BBR code, so this took more time that i expected, but this is need for project safety, a lot of people were talked about it before in this thread.

Zoidberg

Having said that, the feedback from everyone should surely resonate with the more formal approach that we expect from devs and Scruffy sure seems to be on board. I suspect he was enthusiastic to get testing going having worked on it for a while and didn't really mean any harm.  I know clintar may not necessarily have the inclination, but he is also a prime candidate to be an additional dev imo.

Great to see the community behind the two major CN coins - Monero and BBR. I know everyone is swimming uncharted waters and speculation is rampant, but the odds of CrtyptoNote making it where no coin not named Bitcoin has ever made it, are quite massive.

Monero and BBR are the future of cryptonote.  If BBR and XMR combined can get close to the market capitalization of another non-btc protocol coin like NXT within the next year that would be an accomplishment.  There's no reason it can't happen.     
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
I have talked to Scruffy in Skype and he is an official dev. Zoidberg alluded to it in a post a few weeks ago to make it more "official", what a few of us knew for a while. Albeit it was zoidbergesque  Wink Grin

ATM scruffy is working on BBR new wallet version since i want to have second developer who familiar with BBR code, so this took more time that i expected, but this is need for project safety, a lot of people were talked about it before in this thread.

Zoidberg

Having said that, the feedback from everyone should surely resonate with the more formal approach that we expect from devs and Scruffy sure seems to be on board. I suspect he was enthusiastic to get testing going having worked on it for a while and didn't really mean any harm.  I know clintar may not necessarily have the inclination, but he is also a prime candidate to be an additional dev imo.

Great to see the community behind the two major CN coins - Monero and BBR. I know everyone is swimming uncharted waters and speculation is rampant, but the odds of CrtyptoNote making it where no coin not named Bitcoin has ever made it, are quite massive.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
is it becaus scruffy posted it ? i remember zoidberg vouching for him.

Even when Zoidberg is doing that, you should not download wallets from an unknown source. Compiling it for Linux gives you more inside info about the wallet, but downloading an .exe which most of the time cannot be checked is asking for troubles. Not only boolberry, but it could also rip your passphrase of your bitcoin wallet or mailaccounts.

So even when Zoidberg is vouching for him, don't do it!

second the above, one single malware and exchanges will react immediately by shutting their wallets down, seen it happen

you all are very sophisticated , it is not that difficult to compile binaries from sources

and not to mention risk of taking radical steps later like blockchain rollback... etc so .. please
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

Even when Zoidberg is doing that, you should not download wallets from an unknown source. Compiling it for Linux gives you more inside info about the wallet, but downloading an .exe which most of the time cannot be checked is asking for troubles. Not only boolberry, but it could also rip your passphrase of your bitcoin wallet or mailaccounts.

So even when Zoidberg is vouching for him, don't do it!
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
We need your help in testing of the new version. I'm sure it has some issues,  but it is difficult sometimes to find them for the programmer even if they can be obvious for any other person.)

So,  if you have some free time, try this beta version of new wallet and write here your notes or errors you can find. It is beta-version,  so it is not in official boolberry repo now.

Windows installer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24069897/bbr/v5/setup.zip
Sources to build: https://github.com/jahrsg/boolberry/tree/new_ui (my boolberry sources fork, "new_ui" branch in it).

Please,  be careful with new version, backup your wallets key files before testing, don't use it with wallets with big bbr amount.

Thank you in advance.

It didn't compile for me in Linux. I got it to with a few changes. I'll post them tomorrow. Looking good so far.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
just stick to the rule and only download wallets from op
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
No offence, but why are you downloading a new wallet from someone with less posts and a different source then the official one?

Yes,  you are right,  it was a bad idea. Even if it is not something bad in this case,  it creates a bad habbit to use untrusted sources. I will remember about it in the future.
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
No offence, but why are you downloading a new wallet from someone with less posts and a different source then the official one?
Good point.  Even though I trust for Scruffy, this is not a good way of doing this.  The download link should at least be in the OP or the official website.  Also the following may help: checksum, code review.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

Also I noted the wallet can no longer be opened by 2.0.41.  Lucky I had a backup, but I did use a wallet with a small amount.  I did not try the  latest download above.  I will try later, if I get some time.

Thank you again,  the version on the last link is much more stable.
pt7

recent transactions tab is not working for me.

• When I tried sending an amount (using an alias) I got a "Failed to send transaction: wrong payment_id" error.  I think this is because the payment ID text box had the "PAYMENT ID..." text.   When I cleared the text then it sent the amount.   However, there was no visible feedback other than the balance getting reduced.  It took me several clicks (=several sends) to notice.  
  • Also I was not able to start version 2.0.41 later - it was stuck with "Loading blockchain data..." status. I started the app from a folder that I copied from the Windows Programs folder. I did try it from this folder prior installing the test version and it worked OK then.  It appears that the blockchain is not interchangable.  The test version is able to use the 2.0.41 blockchain but not the other way around. I had to clear the Windows Roaming folder, and re-download the blockchain.  Perhaps the recommendation should be to try the test version on a different computer or to save the old blockchain from the Windows Roaming folder prior to running the test version.

Thank you for your help,  sorry for corrupted blockchain data.(

This is the fix for issues listed in quote above: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24069897/bbr/v6/setup.zip, only windows installer or sources at github again.
Also I noted the wallet can no longer be opened by 2.0.41.  Lucky I had a backup, but I did use a wallet with a small amount.  I did not try the  latest download above.  I will try later, if I get some time.

• When I tried sending an amount (using an alias) I got a "Failed to send transaction: wrong payment_id" error.  I think this is because the payment ID text box had the "PAYMENT ID..." text.   When I cleared the text then it sent the amount.   However, there was no visible feedback other than the balance getting reduced.  It took me several clicks (=several sends) to notice.  
  • Also I was not able to start version 2.0.41 later - it was stuck with "Loading blockchain data..." status. I started the app from a folder that I copied from the Windows Programs folder. I did try it from this folder prior installing the test version and it worked OK then.  It appears that the blockchain is not interchangable.  The test version is able to use the 2.0.41 blockchain but not the other way around. I had to clear the Windows Roaming folder, and re-download the blockchain.  Perhaps the recommendation should be to try the test version on a different computer or to save the old blockchain from the Windows Roaming folder prior to running the test version.

Thank you for your help,  sorry for corrupted blockchain data.(

This is the fix for issues listed in quote above: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24069897/bbr/v6/setup.zip, only windows installer or sources at github again.
pt7

Thank you for testing.) Are there any issues?

Good work Scruffy but I did encounter the following issues:

• The Open Wallet screen is less intuitive.
    The "Destination" and "Password" labels look like either text boxes or buttons.  The actual text boxes were a bit too washed out to immediately notice on my screen.  Additionally, there is an "Open..." button and an "OPEN WALLET" link. Should the "Open..." button be instead "Browse..."?  It might be better to just remove the "Destination" label and place the destination text box next to the "Open" (or "Browse") button.
  • When I closed the app, it seemed like it was not responding.  When I tried it again later, I realized that I did not see the "Deinitialing Core" text in the status area.  You might want to place "Please Wait" in big letters in the main window similar to when starting up.
Activity: 732

Is there an osx version? If there is, I'd be happy to test that.

Not yet,  I haven't osx installation now,  will be ready soon.

send and recieve tested, working fine here!

And one more thing: Search doesn't work now,  it will be implemented in next version.
Activity: 732
We need your help in testing of the new version. I'm sure it has some issues,  but it is difficult sometimes to find them for the programmer even if they can be obvious for any other person.)

So,  if you have some free time, try this beta version of new wallet and write here your notes or errors you can find. It is beta-version,  so it is not in official boolberry repo now.

Windows installer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24069897/bbr/v5/setup.zip
Sources to build: https://github.com/jahrsg/boolberry/tree/new_ui (my boolberry sources fork, "new_ui" branch in it).

Please,  be careful with new version, backup your wallets key files before testing, don't use it with wallets with big bbr amount.

Thank you in advance.

send and recieve tested, working fine here!
Activity: 259
Merit: 250

Thank you in advance.

Is there an osx version? If there is, I'd be happy to test that.

Thank you in advance.
Jump to: