Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 250. (Read 1210750 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Are we still paying royalty to CN developers? Is the royalty compulsively?

Yes, and not really. I think if you solo mine, then you can turn off the 1% donation, but if you mine at a pool, then I think they mostly have it turned on. It's really not clear, and I've asked for more information previously, and was told to read the source code. It would be nice if there was more than a vague sentence or two about miners voting on dev bounty for non-c++ programmers.
Pools could be adapted to take miners' donation votes, and vote in their blocks on average the same as their miners vote. The effect of each individual miner would of course be proportional to each miner's hashrate.
As far as I can tell, the donations work like this:

Every day, the votes are counted from the day's blocks. The donation amount is calculated as 1% of the day's emission times the percentage of "yes, donate" votes. Then 1% of the day's emission is subtracted from the not-yet-donated amount (which starts out as 1% of the total supply). Then the donation amount is rounded down to get rid of dust.

Basically this has the same effect as if when each miner votes "yes, donate" 1% of the block reward goes to the developer, and if they vote "no" nothing goes to the developer.

You can correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: not sure about striked parts
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Yes, and not really. I think if you solo mine, then you can turn off the 1% donation, but if you mine at a pool, then I think they mostly have it turned on. It's really not clear, and I've asked for more information previously, and was told to read the source code. It would be nice if there was more than a vague sentence or two about miners voting on dev bounty for non-c++ programmers.

Sorry if it looks shady.

Maybe it would help if you simply explained how the voting works. For non-programmers it is a bit shady that the only way to know is to read the source or find some old thread discussions from May (if those are even still accurate).

+2^64
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Sorry if it looks shady.

Maybe it would help if you simply explained how the voting works. For non-programmers it is a bit shady that the only way to know is to read the source or find some old thread discussions from May (if those are even still accurate).

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Logo is awesome, no changes there.

However, there is a major announcement coming on Saturday. You will want to be following this thread that day. Just a heads up.

Following Smiley
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

Sorry if it looks shady.

If the question was about CN developers, then yes, we do.
Whatever value we get in each 720s block we pay 10% of this to CN founders.

Zoidberg
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Crypto Maniac
Approximately when do we get our expected big ANN?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
still following BBR

Nice little 20% gain in price today. Not bad.
not bad is 0.00125, not 0.00075

Well, look. It'll be a .00125 soon enough and then you can sell for a small profit.

But the better investment would be to just hodl.  See if this coin is at .01 in 6 months. Thats a much better return on investment.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
still following BBR

Nice little 20% gain in price today. Not bad.
not bad is 0.00125, not 0.00075
BBR giveaway!

Post your address there or PM me here. Must not be an exchange address.

Don't post it on this thread.
Activity: 182
Just comparing market stats briefly to another cryptonote variant, interesting to note the gap closing.

XMR
~284 BTC ($103,000) in buy support BIDS -- just 2% of market cap
~447BTC to reach +50% of last price

BBR
~277BTC (~$100,000) in BBR buy support BIDS--   20% of market cap
~35 BTC  to reach +50% of last price

of course, regardless of the respective market caps, BBR has 2x less inflation to deal with currently
(in actual fiat terms it would require approx 10x more inflow to maintain price assuming all daily mined supply is dumped)

Your profile should say "BBR Evangelist" Smiley Thanks for the analysis.

This announcement couldn't come faster.

Well thanks  Smiley

It's already common knowledge the fundamentals here are strong. There are some who don't care for fundamentals (no regard for stronger technical points)
but are just using alts as short/medium term speculative vehicles. The numbers are not intended to revive the constant comparison war between the coins, just think it's quite clear to notice the inevitable closing of the gap by the market realising the unfounded disparity

It seems a lot of people are in the dark regarding the technology behind Boolberry, or I don't think they would be bothering with XMR. I'm talking about blockchain bloat, and how Boolberry goes about solving that problem. The other is the algorithm used is a lot more efficient. I initially got involved with BBR when I bought into XMR, and started researching CryptoNote coins. Also the dev has done a lot to clean up the code, where as XMR seems to stick fairly close to the original code, some have gone as far as saying it's a cut and paste job. I wouldn't go that far, but I do think Boolberry has gone the extra mile and added value to CryptoNote.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
Just comparing market stats briefly to another cryptonote variant, interesting to note the gap closing.

XMR

BBR

of course, regardless of the respective market caps, BBR has 2x less inflation to deal with currently
(in actual fiat terms it would require approx 10x more inflow to maintain price assuming all daily mined supply is dumped)

Well thanks  Smiley

It's already common knowledge the fundamentals here are strong. There are some who don't care for fundamentals (no regard for stronger technical points)
but are just using alts as short/medium term speculative vehicles. The numbers are not intended to revive the constant comparison war between the coins, just think it's quite clear to notice the inevitable closing of the gap by the market realising the unfounded disparity
Activity: 742
Merit: 501

XMR

BBR

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

XMR

BBR

Activity: 182

I was wondering where is sussex ?... i've missed to trolling comments Smiley

Lol, I'm here.

I've been busy in real life for a few days, so I missed the vote!  Embarrassed Thank god it wasn't close - I could have looked very foolish.

Obviously, I am very happy with the result of the vote and, in my opinion, I think this debate has made the community stronger.

Well done everyone, onwards and upwards!  Grin

Good to have you back.
legendary
Merit: 1070
next vote will be for logo. this will be fun

I love the BBR logo as it is.  Changing it is the worst idea since invading Russia in the winter!

*inb4 not this shit again.gif*

Logo is awesome, no changes there.

However, there is a major announcement coming on Saturday. You will want to be following this thread that day. Just a heads up.
legendary
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

I love the BBR logo as it is.  Changing it is the worst idea since invading Russia in the winter!

*inb4 not this shit again.gif*
Activity: 493
Merit: 500

I was wondering where is sussex ?... i've missed to trolling comments Smiley

Lol, I'm here.

I've been busy in real life for a few days, so I missed the vote!  Embarrassed Thank god it wasn't close - I could have looked very foolish.

Obviously, I am very happy with the result of the vote and, in my opinion, I think this debate has made the community stronger.

Well done everyone, onwards and upwards!  Grin

Jump to: