Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 249. (Read 1210750 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
It's still Saturday in plenty of places for another seven hours.

Ask a 15-yr old to explain to you the difference between subjective and objective.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
It's still Saturday in plenty of places for another seven hours.
legendary
Anxiously awaiting announcement. Any hour now would be fine...  Tongue

I'm sorry for little delay, but we still finalizing some details... almost done

What's it like 3AM where you are?  Go to sleep, finish it when you're rested.  Smaller chance of mistakes that way.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
I never worry about time of release's CZ will deliver when its sorted...Just like the mail

Jon  Grin
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

I'm sorry for little delay, but we still finalizing some details... almost done
Activity: 313
Saturday is over and no major ANN ? Did we stumble upon some unexpected circumstances ?  Huh
legendary
Anxiously awaiting announcement. Any hour now would be fine...  Tongue

The announcement was a Saturday announcement.  Jon said so.

It's Sunday now.  (No, that's not the announcement).

You can't have a Saturday announcement on a Sunday.  (No, that's not the announcement, either.)

Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

Gotta let CN founders wet their beaks.

Wait, it's the XDN founders who have beaks.

Wait, XDN founders now have dark beaks.

lol  Grin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
New to BBR...long term investor
legendary
Are we still paying royalty to CN developers? Is the royalty compulsively?

Yes, and not really. I think if you solo mine, then you can turn off the 1% donation, but if you mine at a pool, then I think they mostly have it turned on. It's really not clear, and I've asked for more information previously, and was told to read the source code. It would be nice if there was more than a vague sentence or two about miners voting on dev bounty for non-c++ programmers.

Sorry if it looks shady.

If the question was about CN developers, then yes, we do.
Whatever value we get in each 720s block we pay 10% of this to CN founders.

Zoidberg

Gotta let CN founders wet their beaks.

Wait, it's the XDN founders who have beaks.

Wait, XDN founders now have dark beaks.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Hello guys!
Have a problem with bbr-win-x64-v0.3.0.41(abcdeab)-installer.exe.
It cant create new wallet after install the program.

Filed to genetrate wallet: failed to save file.... *.bbr.keys
in any folder..
What can i do?
Pls help!
Also, can i mine bbr directly to exchange (from pool)? How i can do these?
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
If the developer isn't doing a good job or completely abandoned the project it could be hardforked and a new donation address could be set up or completely removed. That in combination with the no votes makes it pretty fair in my opinion.

But this no vote does not matter too much. If 24/72 vote no, dev will get 48/72 this round. The rest is deferred to next round. So the next round subtoal will be larger. The total to be donated does not change, it just takes longer to collect the whole lot.

That's kind of strange, and also some what at odds with:
Developer Bounty:  Up to 1% (Controlled by miner's votes)
which is, I think, the total extent of the information on the ANN page. Thanks for analysis though Smiley
Activity: 434
If the developer isn't doing a good job or completely abandoned the project it could be hardforked and a new donation address could be set up or completely removed. That in combination with the no votes makes it pretty fair in my opinion.

But this no vote does not matter too much. If 24/72 vote no, dev will get 48/72 this round. The rest is deferred to next round. So the next round subtoal will be larger. The total to be donated does not change, it just takes longer to collect the whole lot.
Activity: 24
As far as I can tell, the donations work like this:

Every day, the votes are counted from the day's blocks. The donation amount is calculated as 1% of the day's emission times the percentage of "yes, donate" votes. Then 1% of the day's emission is subtracted from the not-yet-donated amount (which starts out as 1% of the total supply). Then the donation amount is rounded down to get rid of dust.

Basically this has the same effect as if when each miner votes "yes, donate" 1% of the block reward goes to the developer, and if they vote "no" nothing goes to the developer.

You can correct me if I'm wrong.

It looks to me from looking only at that one block of code (so this may be wrong), that donations are computed from a fixed amount of the total supply (1% I guess) less the amount of previous donations. So the effect is that as long as one miner votes for the donation, the entire donation amount (1% of the total supply) will eventually be donated (over a similar timescale to the overall emission curve). Votes no don't reduce the total donation, they reduce the current donation but increase future donations, in effect slowing down donations but not ultimately changing the total.

But I haven't studied this that carefully so I welcome corrections.

XMR should adopt the same approach.
Activity: 24
So it takes donation not from the miners directly, but from a donation set aside from the total supply.

Does the vote come only from the miners who find the block ?
Yes and yes.

It looks to me from looking only at that one block of code (so this may be wrong), that donations are computed from a fixed amount of the total supply (1% I guess) less the amount of previous donations. So the effect is that as long as one miner votes for the donation, the entire donation amount (1% of the total supply) will eventually be donated (over a similar timescale to the overall emission curve). Votes no don't reduce the total donation, they reduce the current donation but increase future donations, in effect slowing down donations but not ultimately changing the total.

But I haven't studied this that carefully so I may be wrong.
Yes, I think that's how it works.
Code:
#define DONATIONS_SUPPLY                              (TOTAL_MONEY_SUPPLY/100) 

So the total donation is 1%. Many years later, even if there is no coin to be mined, donation will still be made to the project, as long as some miners voted no previously.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Every day, the votes are counted from the day's blocks. The donation amount is calculated as 1% of the day's emission times the percentage of "yes, donate" votes. Then 1% of the day's emission is subtracted from the not-yet-donated amount (which starts out as 1% of the total supply). Then the donation amount is rounded down to get rid of dust.

Basically this has the same effect as if when each miner votes "yes, donate" 1% of the block reward goes to the developer, and if they vote "no" nothing goes to the developer.

But I haven't studied this that carefully so I welcome corrections.

So it takes donation not from the miners directly, but from a donation set aside from the total supply.

Does the vote come only from the miners who find the block ?
Jump to: