Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 296. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Boolberry promised, Zoidberg delivered  Cool
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
That's great that RS pruning is now live !

@zoidberg, AnonyMint (or someone posing as AnonyMint) gave you a thumbs up recently https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8744506 In the past he had ridiculed the "Boolberry" name but never attacked you personally. I think this is the first time he has shown some support for BBR in the open.

I am not yet updated, but if anyone has, can you please compare percentage change of the pruned blockchain size?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Good news!

We have a new build v0.3.0.38(109f49c), where we finally started to prune ring signatures.

What is going on ?
New build prune ring signatures in all transactions that lay under height 70000 (new checkpoint).
When you launch new version, you could see that message(numbers would be little different):

How does it work:

1. When new version (v0.3.x, build 38 and older ) load blockchain from drive, it prune signatures from transactions under chekpoints after storage loaded from drive and before core start work.
2. When new version (v0.3.x, build 38 and older ) download blockchain via network from older clients (v0.2.x, build 37 and younger) it downloads full blockchain and prune transactions locally before put it into the storage.
3. When new version (v0.3.x, build 38 and older ) download blockchain via network from the clients with version v0.3.x it downloads blockchain with pruned ring signatures.
4. When old version (v0.2.x, build 37 and younger) will try to sync with client (v0.3.x) starting from height higher then 70000 (less than ~17 days ago) it will successfully synchronized
5. When old version (v0.2.x, build 37 and younger) will try to fully download blockchain from scratch from new clients (v0.3.x) they fail to do it, so you need to use new client. Or manually download scratchpad from website.
6. On handshake both peers figure out what checkoint height has other party, and consider it to figure out if synchronization is possible. If you see such messages in logs that also means that you have old version and should update your client. But it still work's properly.

Now, when new clients download blockchain via network from versions v0.3.x it looks like this:

Important: If you have version v0.2.x and by some reasons can't/don't want to update it to v0.3.x, and have to synchronize your client from height under 70000, you better to pre-download blockchain from website:
Windows blockchain: http://boolberry.com/downloads/windows/blockchain.bin
Linux blockchain: http://boolberry.com/downloads/linux/blockchain.bin

Well, we tested it, but it's still possible to have bugs, so i won't push update alerts for next few hours to collect feedback.
Let me know is something is going wrong.

Good luck!

Now we really live in the future  Cheesy
Ty Zoidberg!
Activity: 150
So with pruning the ring signatures below block 70000 this will keep the size of the blockchain smaller? This won't affect mixing since we will still have ring signatures above this block going forward correct? So in the future will pruning be done again? If so is there going to be some type of schedule like every 70k blocks?

I hope I'm understanding this correctly. Please correct me if I'm not.
Activity: 475
Merit: 500
Thanks for your hard work zoidberg. This is really starting to look like a decent coin. Btw will you be part of the SuperNET once it's up?

its already added
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
Thanks for your hard work zoidberg. This is really starting to look like a decent coin. Btw will you be part of the SuperNET once it's up?
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Good news!

We have a new build v0.3.0.38(109f49c), where we finally started to prune ring signatures.

What is going on ?
New build prune ring signatures in all transactions that lay under height 70000 (new checkpoint).
When you launch new version, you could see that message(numbers would be little different):

How does it work:

1. When new version (v0.3.x, build 38 and older ) load blockchain from drive, it prune signatures from transactions under chekpoints after storage loaded from drive and before core start work.
2. When new version (v0.3.x, build 38 and older ) download blockchain via network from older clients (v0.2.x, build 37 and younger) it downloads full blockchain and prune transactions locally before put it into the storage.
3. When new version (v0.3.x, build 38 and older ) download blockchain via network from the clients with version v0.3.x it downloads blockchain with pruned ring signatures.
4. When old version (v0.2.x, build 37 and younger) will try to sync with client (v0.3.x) starting from height higher then 70000 (less than ~17 days ago) it will successfully synchronized
5. When old version (v0.2.x, build 37 and younger) will try to fully download blockchain from scratch from new clients (v0.3.x) they fail to do it, so you need to use new client. Or manually download scratchpad from website.
6. On handshake both peers figure out what checkoint height has other party, and consider it to figure out if synchronization is possible. If you see such messages in logs that also means that you have old version and should update your client. But it still work's properly.

Now, when new clients download blockchain via network from versions v0.3.x it looks like this:

Important: If you have version v0.2.x and by some reasons can't/don't want to update it to v0.3.x, and have to synchronize your client from height under 70000, you better to pre-download blockchain from website:
Windows blockchain: http://boolberry.com/downloads/windows/blockchain.bin
Linux blockchain: http://boolberry.com/downloads/linux/blockchain.bin

Well, we tested it, but it's still possible to have bugs, so i won't push update alerts for next few hours to collect feedback.
Let me know is something is going wrong.

Good luck!
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Can't send the coins, it shows "failed to send transactions : transaction was rejected by daemon". It works fine a few days ago and I already updated to 0.2.0.37 and deleted the boolb folder in roaming folder

Please, send me logs from daemon and wallet (if you use CLI) or logs from qt-boolb.log if you use GUI to crypto.zoidberg($)gmail.com
Activity: 462
Can't send the coins, it shows "failed to send transactions : transaction was rejected by daemon". It works fine a few days ago and I already updated to 0.2.0.37 and deleted the boolb folder in roaming folder

Try to rebuild your wallet: http://boolberry.com/howto.html#rebuild_wallet_datafile

solved.  I changed the coin value from 23.95 to 23.9, it was sent. But why?

Two reasons: it has to pay the fee, which is more than 23.95 if added. Or the transaction data size over certain value, in XMR, it is 24kB.
Activity: 313
Wow.. the bids are getting chewed up.  It's a buyers market for sure.

10% of all BBRs in existence were dumped today. Have no worry my friend, it cannot last forever Wink

One would imagine that dump of this magnitude will retest the bottom price on market.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Try to rebuild your wallet: http://boolberry.com/howto.html#rebuild_wallet_datafile

solved.  I changed the coin value from 23.95 to 23.9, it was sent. But why?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
I am unwatching this thread, and will resist posting here....

Lack of self control?

Changed my mind.  OK with you?

Yes, that what ignore button is for

OOh.  I feel all warm inside.
Activity: 277

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Ok guys this coin looks interesting i think is time for me to get a big peace of the pie at this price  Grin Grin Grin

Welcome. Even if you just buy 1 coin, stick around. Its going to be a fun couple of months ahead.
Activity: 160
Ok guys this coin looks interesting i think is time for me to get a big peace of the pie at this price  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 212
node-cryptonote-pool code update

I've committed some code to allow miners to connect and to look up stats on web page with aliases. For example, use -u @clintar in your miner instead of the long address, or enter @clintar in to the "Your Stats & Payment History" field.

It is live at cncoin.farm

Edit: And you can PM me to get an alias registered.

That's very useful clintar and ofc makes it slightly easier to start mining Boolberry on a vps / cloud servers etc.

When some of my affiliate marketing commissions with Digital Ocean add to balance - I'm intending to have a go at building an efficient BBR cloud based beowolf cluster - https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Beowulf_cluster   Grin
No problem. It sounds like you need to spread the info about your how-to for anyone asking how to mine.  Cool

http://boolberry.blue/boolberry-cpu-cloud-mining-guide.php
Activity: 182
People need to stop mining...im now earning less than half compared to only a week ago! Smiley

Dont understand the dumping going on over at polo - it seems to be heavily manipulated over there by just 1 guy with buy order totals going from 250 BTC to 60 BTC in the space of 30 seconds.
Holding for a few months at least to see where things go, feeling very confident about BBR atm.

Todays dumpings are part of the effort to discredit BBR, but it seems safe to say that it is not working Wink
It just shows that more than supporting group realizes that BBR tech is worth to be aware of!

I said following several times but i'll say it again, maybe i'll just put it into my signature Smiley
Please solo mine BBR! Use pools only if your mining equipment is ridiculously weak!

I'm a newbie, been mining BBR with my GPU, in a pool. Is it possible to solo mine with a GPU? If so do you have a link and or instructions on how to accomplish that.

You'll find everything in this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bbr-boolberry-gpu-miner-discussion-amd-nvidia-opencl-cuda-693118
In short, use daemon from mbkuperman git repo and run it on your GPUs

Doing something wrong not sure what it is. This is the screen I get. Below it is the bat file I created in the same directory as the miner and the daemon. I really appreciate this. As I say I am a big time noob.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
I love he coin just shame there is so little info how to mine it

Is it really hard to mine? Isn't there information in this thread?
Jump to: