Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 477. (Read 1210753 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
1.5 hours til launch then Cheesy
Launch was postponed until tomorrow. See above and OP.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
1.5 hours til launch then Cheesy
Activity: 336
start_mining, show_hr, stop_mining, and boolbd keeps on repeating the previous hash rate
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
when I have found blocks and restart boolbd, I get this:
Code:
You are now synchronized with the network. You may now start simplewallet.

Please note, that the blockchain will be saved only after you quit the daemon with "exit" command or if you use "save" command.
Otherwise, you will possibly need to synchronize the blockchain again.

Use "help" command to see the list of available commands.
2014-May-16 12:17:40.537083 [P2P8][107.170.97.197:30101 OUT] COMMAND_HANDSHAKE INVOKED OK
2014-May-16 12:17:40.537169 [P2P0]Connecting to 95.85.21.33:30101(white=1, last_seen: d0.h0.m0.s51)...
2014-May-16 12:17:40.748810 [P2P9]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:1210[bool currency::blockchain_storage::find_blockchain_supplement(const std::list&, uint64_t&)]Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch:
id: <8e95fdc3d857d39b440b2ea75154e7cfbb423e272401ef1f44cffe8efb052ab1>,
expected: <1a17b8ed3ecc7489296c5724f34f8056bd7ef8c2be7f8ea6af31f8fa210ad47d>,
 dropping connection
2014-May-16 12:17:40.748914 [P2P9]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_protocol/currency_protocol_handler.inl:365[int currency::t_currency_protocol_handler::handle_request_chain(int, currency::NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN::request&, currency::currency_connection_context&) [with t_core = currency::core]][107.170.97.197:30101 OUT]Failed to handle NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN.
2014-May-16 12:17:40.877723 [P2P8][95.85.21.33:30101 OUT] COMMAND_HANDSHAKE INVOKED OK
2014-May-16 12:18:15.367209 [P2P4]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:905[bool currency::blockchain_storage::handle_alternative_block(const currency::block&, const crypto::hash&, currency::block_verification_context&)]INTERNAL ERROR: Wrong bei.scratch_offset==0 in handle_alternative_block
2014-May-16 12:18:15.386654 [P2P8]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:905[bool currency::blockchain_storage::handle_alternative_block(const currency::block&, const crypto::hash&, currency::block_verification_context&)]INTERNAL ERROR: Wrong bei.scratch_offset==0 in handle_alternative_block
2014-May-16 12:19:33.978742 [RPC0]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:1210[bool currency::blockchain_storage::find_blockchain_supplement(const std::list&, uint64_t&)]Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch:
id: <8e95fdc3d857d39b440b2ea75154e7cfbb423e272401ef1f44cffe8efb052ab1>,
expected: <1a17b8ed3ecc7489296c5724f34f8056bd7ef8c2be7f8ea6af31f8fa210ad47d>,
 dropping connection
2014-May-16 12:19:33.978796 [RPC0]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/rpc/core_rpc_server.h:36[bool currency::core_rpc_server::handle_http_request_map(const epee::net_utils::http::http_request_info&, epee::net_utils::http::http_response_info&, t_context&) [with t_context = epee::net_utils::connection_context_base]]Failed to on_get_blocks()

print_cn shows all in state_synchronizing
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
seem interesting
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Hello Friends!
First of all, I have to admit that I’m not good in branding and marketing(put it mildly), so I posted notice that project is looking for marketing partner. I am primarily a developer, and in the future I plan to focus more on product development.
Nevertheless, the project will start with this unloved name, and we gonna make rebrendering once we get a suitable person in team.
The reality is that now we just launch project without any marketing, just for those who interested in technical features and i hope we’ll find a good name and good brand for project.
Always need to look bright side - unloved name will not attract a lot of people on first phase and mining will be easier)

The good news is that we've decided to return to the model of donation, reserving for project only 1%, and emission of this 1% will be controlled by miners votes, as it was announced at first. With that we finally closed discussion about monetization.
Good points and good decisions. Dev support of 1% controlled by miners is extremely better than 5% automatically.
Hello Friends!
First of all, I have to admit that I’m not good in branding and marketing(put it mildly), so I posted notice that project is looking for marketing partner. I am primarily a developer, and in the future I plan to focus more on product development.
Nevertheless, the project will start with this unloved name, and we gonna make rebrendering once we get a suitable person in team.
The reality is that now we just launch project without any marketing, just for those who interested in technical features and i hope we’ll find a good name and good brand for project.
Always need to look bright side - unloved name will not attract a lot of people on first phase and mining will be easier)

The good news is that we've decided to return to the model of donation, reserving for project only 1%, and emission of this 1% will be controlled by miners votes, as it was announced at first. With that we finally closed discussion about monetization.

Due with these changes(i've just merged it to master), the test network was shut down and restarted right now, thanks to all who participated in the testing.

And finally: since there have been many significant changes in the core and fixes a few bugs, I just can not afford to run the network right now. I (hopefully for the last time) shifted the launch by 24 hours, to 17 May: 16-00 GMT. Just need some time for tests.

PS: added workaround to protect from big-transactions flood.
Bye the way, whose sent it? Smiley I just want to say thanks

I have to confess I did some transfers with 499 mixin_count and also some other funny stuff..

balance: 31406102.63333334, unlocked balance: 27573319.32000000
[the difference has] been like that since those transfers, I think
Thanks, you've pointed to problem that was almost forgotten by me.
I'll make workaround for now, and finally fix it on next iteration.
Good job!

I have to confess I did some transfers with 499 mixin_count and also some other funny stuff..

balance: 31406102.63333334, unlocked balance: 27573319.32000000
[the difference has] been like that since those transfers, I think
I see about 70 transactions stuck in tx_pools over the network.
Transactions made with pretty big ring signature, and couldn't be mined into block.

I think it would be good to make following soft rule:
1. Do not relay to network transactions which have size/fee ratio less than necessary to be included into next block.
2. Do not add transaction that have blob size bigger than say current blocks sizes median, except transactions that related with block.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Is this the effect of PoW-BCHAIN-BASED that the Hashrate is slowed down strongly?
First day i had 45kh/s, yesterday  40k and today 30k.
Pretty big differences.

Without looking closely at the code, from the discussion posted here, I would expect this as the block chain gets bigger. It should flatten out once the chain is much larger than cache.

Is this the effect of PoW-BCHAIN-BASED that the Hashrate is slowed down strongly?
First day i had 45kh/s, yesterday  40k and today 30k.
Pretty big differences.
What CPU ? Cache memory size ?

Good question.
Wallet consists of two files: it's a keys-file, and transactions database file.  Keys file actually actually could be used in all CryptoNote family projects. But wallet data-file is related to conreate network.
Simply put - NO, wallet created by testnet simplewallet is not valid wallet for using in real net.

Or ask other way. If i create walletfiles and do no transacion on testnet, so the testnet dont write in the wallet-database file, it is possible to use these then later in real-net?
And when not, and anyway, then how it is possible to import key-files in a wallet? I dont find command for this. Huh
There are two files - *.bin and *.bin.keys (bin is just for example, could be any extension).
*.bin.keys - is universal. It could be used with any net, it's just a keys. Keys could make sence in test net and in real net at the same time (and even in monero or bytecoin).
But you have to be care about *.bin file, to avoid collision.
May be you explain some practical issue and i'll help you with that.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Launch is tommorow. OK
I must know two things before start.

1. Is performance same on Windows and Linux client? That was an issue in original bytecoin.
2. Some basic walkthru for compiling Linux version under Ubuntu 13 or 14 should be helpful.

Linux miner works much faster.
For Corei5,
windows: 208 kh/s
Linux:     348  kh/s
Pretty big difference.

For Ubuntu 13 or 14 just follow instructions in readme.md in project root folder.

First day i had 45kh/s, yesterday  40k and today 30k.
Pretty big differences.

Good question.
Wallet consists of two files: it's a keys-file, and transactions database file.  Keys file actually actually could be used in all CryptoNote family projects. But wallet data-file is related to conreate network.
Simply put - NO, wallet created by testnet simplewallet is not valid wallet for using in real net.

Or ask other way. If i create walletfiles and do no transacion on testnet, so the testnet dont write in the wallet-database file, it is possible to use these then later in real-net?
And when not, and anyway, then how it is possible to import key-files in a wallet? I dont find command for this. Huh

Yeah, boolberry sounds like blueberry and bullshit in one. Even HoneyPenny was much more better  Smiley

Maybe its sounds only to a native english speaking man like bullshit.
For me, i like boolberry or boolb.
No money and underground association in the name.

because i guess you dont want it to be associated with money or something underground, right? Cheesy

Yeah that's true. But i is only a personal personal viewpoint.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Yeah, boolberry sounds like blueberry and bullshit in one. Even HoneyPenny was much more better  Smiley

because i guess you dont want it to be associated with money or something underground, right? Cheesy

Jump to: