Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 478. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Launch is tommorow. OK
I must know two things before start.

1. Is performance same on Windows and Linux client? That was an issue in original bytecoin.
2. Some basic walkthru for compiling Linux version under Ubuntu 13 or 14 should be helpful.

Linux miner works much faster.
For Corei5,
windows: 208 kh/s
Linux:     348  kh/s
Pretty big difference.

For Ubuntu 13 or 14 just follow instructions in readme.md in project root folder.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!
Launch is tommorow. OK
I must know two things before start.

1. Is performance same on Windows and Linux client? That was an issue in original bytecoin.
2. Some basic walkthru for compiling Linux version under Ubuntu 13 or 14 should be helpful.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Yeah, boolberry sounds like blueberry and bullshit in one. Even HoneyPenny was much more better  Smiley
And must we delete the testnet blockchain then?
No. Now we have macro TESTNET, and if you compile with this macro - than you have genesis, default ports, network id and data folder for test_net. If not - you in real net.
For this time it's turned on by default.

ok, i see
Code:
/home/user/.boolb_testnet/blockchain.bin

One more question. I not loockin in the sources. If the TESTNET macro, i guess its this:
Code:
set(TESTNET TRUE CACHE BOOL "Compile for testnet")
if(TESTNET)
  add_definitions(-DTESTNET) 
endif()
touch the simplewallet file? So even on the TESTNET, simplewallet creates a valide wallet for using in real net?

i m new to crypto, so sorry to bother you with this questions.
Good question.
Wallet consists of two files: it's a keys-file, and transactions database file.  Keys file actually actually could be used in all CryptoNote family projects. But wallet data-file is related to conreate network.
Simply put - NO, wallet created by testnet simplewallet is not valid wallet for using in real net.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 272
1xbit.com
Just to be brutally honest here, Boolberry is about the worst name imaginable. I really wanted to support this coin, but the dev showing such poor judgement has turned me right off. The technical features of this coin seem solid -- but you'll need to find someone else to do your marketing if you want the coin to succeed. You don't need a vote, you need someone who has some basic idea about creating a marketable brand.
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
I like trying new things, but I completely don't understand how to use this wallet and how to mine. Can dev make a instruction?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
And must we delete the testnet blockchain then?
No. Now we have macro TESTNET, and if you compile with this macro - than you have genesis, default ports, network id and data folder for test_net. If not - you in real net.
For this time it's turned on by default.

ok, i see
Code:
/home/user/.boolb_testnet/blockchain.bin

One more question. I not loockin in the sources. If the TESTNET macro, i guess its this:
Code:
set(TESTNET TRUE CACHE BOOL "Compile for testnet")
if(TESTNET)
  add_definitions(-DTESTNET) 
endif()
touch the simplewallet file? So even on the TESTNET, simplewallet creates a valide wallet for using in real net?

i m new to crypto, so sorry to bother you with this questions.

Activity: 196
i am very bullish on this ability to the practical application of COINS,,

I am very excited about this coin.
Sorry to all who don't don't like the name, but i can't let to myselft waste more time for research.
Most of the offers is not even bother checked in google/dns.

If anyone feel that can do best, you have time until 16-00, 16 May to offer name.
Conditions:

1. Unique (don't have any business with this name)
2. Dns name is available (at least .org)
3. Not ends with coin

Anyway, if you don't like boolberry, it also have boolb - meaningless neutral short word.

Activity: 3
LOL....I can't stop laughing at this new name.

This might actually be a good thing!
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
~520khps for a mingw 64bit gcc4.9 build with 8 3GHz penryn cores.
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
HoneyPenny was a great name.... Boolberry is not.  Please revert.  Would suck to see the brilliance of this project hampered by a name. 

HoneyPenny is memorable, innocent, earnest, and also has a slight edge in how brave the team would be to use such a name.

Boolberry is forgettable, overly silly, and seems to lack self-image.  This new name is unfortunate. 

If the team would like some help with marketing I'm offering...

Either way, I'm following and will be mining.

I agree 100%. I liked HoneyPenny too.
Once difficulty becomes too high, aliases will become very hard to create. Shouldn't you be able to register an alias just by paying BBR with your wallet? Shorter aliases should cost much more than longer aliases... So if you want to create a 30 character alias that will be very cheap. But if you want to create a 1 character alias that will be very expensive.
Only one alias per block made to avoid over-loading the blockchain with extra data. Finally it is not DNS and no reason to force all users to keep big database of millions aliases.
Let it be little privilege of power miners or early adepts.
there is a user saying that there is no true anonimity until there is a way of obfuscating the IP address. Until that is done, the anonimity provided by cryptonote is not assured. can you please comment on this.

following are his thoughts (anonymint):

CryptoNote's one-time ring signature as a way of obfuscating who is the payer (the spender), is optional and can only be used when there are other payees who have matching input amounts. In other words, it can't do any obfuscation for you on spending unless there are other coins that have the same balance as yours.
That's why coinbase and wallet by default split outs into standart amounts, and when you need to send money to someone  anonymously you almost always have some outs for mixin, you can learn this in Bytecoin blockchain, just check blockchain index.

That very infrequent opportunity for use is coupled with constant use of elliptical curve cryptography which is known to be broken under quantum computing, as well is suspect to broken by the NSA[1] or could be broken since it is number theoretic public key cryptography.
Quantum computer is like Schrödinger's cat - it is both real and unreal.  Grin  
The worst that can happend in case that quantum computer will become a real is hard fork.

And the use of one-time ring signatures mucks up the pruning of the block chain of spent addresses. There is a tweak to improve this over the current CryptoNote (one of the tweaks I alluded to upthread).
For this reason in Boolberry we chaged tx identification from whole blob hash to tx_prefix hash, and when blockchain entry will be covered by checkpoin the ring signatures could be cutoff.

Bottom line is most of your anonymity will come from obfuscating your IP address with something more reliable than Tor and I2P, not from the block chain mixing of CryptoNote or Zerocash/coin, i.e. if your IP is correlated to your identity, then the one-time ring signature doesn't obscure your identity when you spend.
I disagree with you here.
Crypto-currency, particularly Boolberry/CryptoNote, is a set of rules which is obligatory for all. First of all it is a currency_core that doesn't even know about network protocols or ip addresses.
It's just guarantees compliance with currency rules.
You (or anonymint) actually talks here about the way of delivering transactions to crypto currency net. But even if we don't provide a way to anonymize your ip now, just act via third party anonymizer if you prefer.

The case where the one-time ring signature is really useful is a transaction with multiple inputs wherein the spender is merging his coins, thus enabling tracing of those coins to the same entity (the current spender). And it is very unfortunate the one-time ring signature is optional in this case, because it is the identity of the upchain spenders who suffer from this action by the current spender, thus the motivation is not there.
If i understand you right, we solved this problem by adding attribute to each out, that can force spender to use this out only with ring singature.

So we can see as it is currently structured, CryptoNote doesn't really support anonymity much.
Sorry to blow holes in your enthusiasm. Reality sucks if you haven't taken the time to do some serious work before launching.
Note that the use of a separate payee address for each transaction is a very useful strategy. This is a positive aspect of CryptoNote that adds anonymity, but again it is not so effective without reliable IP obfuscation, as the payee will reveal himself on spending.

Thanks for this post, you didn't blew holes in our enthusiasm. We still belive that this is most interesting technology in crypto-currencies field.
Activity: 16
I sincerely hope the devs are better in coding than in finding names. How abound Bonds? Honeypenny -> Moneypenny -> Bond... Ah, forget it  Grin
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
The devs can take a random word from their ann post and come up with a better sounding name: ringcoin, anonote, cryptocoin, privatecoin, sigcoin ... almost anything at all sounds better than boolberry. It sounds like a very bad cereal.

Or just stick with honeypenny and forget about it. In comparison, it's a great name.
Where are you guys from ? Every name of your project sound horrible to an english speaking person !

What was your suggestion?

It needs a lasting name like, "Legacy [LGCY]" or something along those lines. I agree the name isnt the greatest and people will pass it on that alone.

I dont think something lasting is the goal. we are not naming a car.
I think something that lends itself for daily use and can be considered as money.

something that sounds like money. something that easy to pronounce. 2 syllables at most is best. tolerable is three.
this is money. you shouldnt try to romantasize the name too much.

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Where are you guys from ? Every name of your project sound horrible to an english speaking person !

What was your suggestion?

It needs a lasting name like, "Legacy [LGCY]" or something along those lines. I agree the name isnt the greatest and people will pass it on that alone.
unfortunately it is hard to vote for name because if there is consensus then the name be taken by cybesquaters.

I think there are a lot of names that were recommended. some with rational.
I say stay away from implied meaning regarding anonymous/liberty.

1. moni
2. eNote
3. Jacks
4. cNote
5. Pretium
6. Tare

try using these in a sentence where you are buying something

that will be 15 monies
that will be 75 enotes
I will take one for a jack
I cant believe that costs 200 cnotes
I bough my car for 15 hundred pretiums