Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 481. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
in keccak_m_rnd, can you explain the if(i!=0)? the following block is run everytime except when rsizw==0, in which case i stays at 0 and cb is never called.
did you mean if(ll==0) perhaps?
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
That's easy anonymous devs of honeypenny.  Bcn are anonymous and so is cryptonote
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Quote from: David Latapie on Today at 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: tacotime on Today at 06:19:47 PM
It appears from the simplicity of the fix that there may have been deliberate crippling of the hashing algorithm from introduction with ByteCoin.
Interesting. Could you extrapolate on this?
oaes_key_import_data calls are placed inside loops unnecessarily, which slows down the hash quite a bit during the scratchpad portions.
Will this also affect the BP miner.

We finaly decided to go in another way in out project, so now we don't use CryptoNote PoW hash at all.
(In test network the only fix we've done is scratchpad reducing, but it wasn't conceptual step, it was just to run testnet and check other features.)

Who is we?
So is this still a cryptonote coin.
What will you keep from cryptonote
What have you changed.
What is the reasoning.
For the layperson please
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
It appears from the simplicity of the fix that there may have been deliberate crippling of the hashing algorithm from introduction with ByteCoin.
oaes_key_import_data calls are placed inside loops unnecessarily, which slows down the hash quite a bit during the scratchpad portions.

We finaly decided to go in another way in out project, so now we don't use CryptoNote PoW hash at all.
(In test network the only fix we've done is scratchpad reducing, but it wasn't conceptual step, it was just to run testnet and check other features.)
I see the revised algorithm on github already. When do yo restart the testnet?
We need to implement final monetization model (that discused here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hp-monetization-discussion-590520), and we want to have may be more tests for hash and for core.
So i think we'll be ready to start test network with final settings at may 8 or 9. With test network start i'll announce real net launch exact time.

Do I need to remove the blockchain.bin file?
I suppose no, since name will be changed project's home dir will be new created.
We going to leave test network alive, like bitcoin does, but daemon may be compiled OR for real network, OR  for testnet(with projectname-test sufix in name macro on sources), to avoid conflicts in blockchain data.

Code:
[ 42%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/crypto/keccak_modified.cpp.o
In file included from /c/honeypenny/src/crypto/keccak_modified.cpp:6:0:
/c/honeypenny/src/crypto/keccak_modified.h: In function ‘pod_operand_a crypto::xor_pod(const pod_operand_a&, const pod_operand_b&)’:
/c/honeypenny/src/crypto/keccak_modified.h:30:5: error: ‘hash’ is not a member of ‘crypto’
     crypto::hash r;
     ^

[/quote]
Code:
[ 42%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/crypto/keccak_modified.cpp.o
/c/honeypenny/src/crypto/keccak_modified.h: In function ‘pod_operand_a crypto::xor_pod(const pod_operand_a&, const pod_operand_b&)’:
/c/honeypenny/src/crypto/keccak_modified.h:30:5: error: ‘hash’ is not a member of ‘crypto’
     ^

Sorry about this, already fixed.
Just stopped test network since it is incompatible with current sources.
Sorry if someone was confused, we was very focused on pathching core with new hash.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I see the revised algorithm on github already. When do yo restart the testnet? Do I need to remove the blockchain.bin file?
Can this be mined with the galaxy s5
When its launching? Will you chose the new name right away?
11-12 May
What's the purpose of mul_f::keccakf_m function, keccak modified to use multiplying in bc[5] setup?
Little surprise for ASIC engineers, considered that effective 64-bit multiplication is pretty expensive to have on each core. (unlike normal CPU)
Just to reduce the enthusiasm.
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
Can we get an update on the announcement of launch?

The OP says April 27 and launch will be "this week", which it obviously wasn't.

Please be more clear.
Thanks
tried with empty ~/.HoneyPenny
Code:
2014-May-07 19:11:12.235978 [P2P7]ERROR /c/honeypenny/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:1139 Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch: 
id: <830ec1d9917286cd95ac0128022900dc452c33d9d29974ae304bff430fc10353>,
expected: <6d0a2fd27d7ba5867d966528d7ac0334df54ef38b1826eab9e651431e7d7a847>,
 dropping connection
2014-May-07 19:11:12.236062 [P2P7]ERROR /c/honeypenny/src/currency_protocol/currency_protocol_handler.inl:365 [107.170.228.11:10101 OUT]Failed to handle NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
The name is quite ridiculous IMO.

It's funny though.

There is another thread for name change suggestions

Project name contest: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hp-name-contest-for-honeypenny-588905
Code:
     ^
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

The name is quite ridiculous IMO.

It's funny though.
What's the purpose of mul_f::keccakf_m function, keccak modified to use multiplying in bc[5] setup?
can you change the op regarding network launch

1. will be launched with prior notice of two days.
2. will launch network with 2 days prior notice. estimated date

I keep thinking I missed it as it says this week as of last week. So i guess I am not sure that you launched already
Good news!
We've added UPnP support with reannouncing every 20 minutes (like bitcoin do). Just merged it in master branch.
Anyone who have UPnP router - please check this - or by running daemon, or just run functional_tests --test_miniupnp.
We've checked it on two devices - one was correctly configured, other failed.
Jump to: