Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 479. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
HoneyPenny was a great name.... Boolberry is not.  Please revert.  Would suck to see the brilliance of this project hampered by a name. 

HoneyPenny is memorable, innocent, earnest, and also has a slight edge in how brave the team would be to use such a name.

Boolberry is forgettable, overly silly, and seems to lack self-image.  This new name is unfortunate. 

If the team would like some help with marketing I'm offering...

Either way, I'm following and will be mining.

Activity: 13
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Where are you guys from ? Every name of your project sound horrible to an english speaking person !

What was your suggestion?
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
I hate to be too negative, but you ran a contest for a new coin name, and chose Boolberry? I mean, seriously?

I hated HoneyPenny, but even that was a better name.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Where are you guys from ? Every name of your project sound horrible to an english speaking person !
Code:
2014-May-13 21:41:04.339355 [P2P8]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/currency_format_utils.cpp:306|make_tx_extra_alias_entry|alias is too big size
2014-May-13 21:41:04.339674 [P2P8]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:776|create_block_template|Failed to construc miner tx, first chance
2014-May-13 21:41:04.339948 [P2P8]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/miner.cpp:119|request_block_template|Failed to get_block_template(), stopping mining
2014-May-13 21:41:10.340737 [P2P1]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/currency_format_utils.cpp:306|make_tx_extra_alias_entry|alias is too big size
2014-May-13 21:41:10.340807 [P2P1]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:776|create_block_template|Failed to construc miner tx, first chance
2014-May-13 21:41:10.340834 [P2P1]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/miner.cpp:119|request_block_template|Failed to get_block_template(), stopping mining
2014-May-13 21:41:16.341167 [P2P0]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/currency_format_utils.cpp:306|make_tx_extra_alias_entry|alias is too big size
2014-May-13 21:41:16.341235 [P2P0]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/blockchain_storage.cpp:776|create_block_template|Failed to construc miner tx, first chance
2014-May-13 21:41:16.341262 [P2P0]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/currency_core/miner.cpp:119|request_block_template|Failed to get_block_template(), stopping mining
2014-May-13 21:41:20.559251 [miner 2]Found block for difficulty: 42749814
2014-May-13 21:41:20.564412 [miner 2]Alias "dqujbyhtdyevqvbsinsrjefmoigbuznknkugekuuraysfvzjbgqyzrzuozhuodcslsmneqmsjkvemkguetiufpcyiyorxidlqjrecvphbgrkikysupzbfefzfjnfjflwqzhtldfcugfsmimzopfwuwabxxwwyatyhfnnuusocohubbvnoeodzsreghavscwftkxjughpbxasotbgnxuccmhavhjfdjutcricuwpeqqadxsjjxpyrapzdmauqasxclmbkfqfzgyhjitrhatakkozccgbcqdgrtmbkdmwsfjzderwplwqedmnptxttcwwtxkuilxnvimkshyblggqbhvytangvdtgeocfhzydziwkabgblkidvbjdngoaskwrygyxyammbkpfadvbjtvsswhklsirdjdawdpdgambxaczjjybcipdmdxyzuewpsbjcxzjuvqzusoayibkimcwumotiyivqaelqdssnxceiuvoehawqgukbjcneosvinqefoahqsuinzlmmcgfkjerxynlecuywroxxjpbvttsnaldpcvzbxjpomfprfqxpkozfhdyznpsmrkmmlfcbcjifvmaufadrzsbapbvhyjfgkfnequemykrvdlshciytrrugoojucaseidtwlsvgnhnicqnnwflcwejuafeqhqqtmqfkcoxhtbdtoeqaiazmzvzbftfasjaytaplrrcslxbdrnfweixjiwjzidzmhznykpjwufrxpruupszelrkljkapmqqpvshrgusawxxrgqrkfqvklohjdffeglatofhjgqaazvnfitjgiqjpafcybedrpiuldneymiffbqgjbtjhcmmhhejvhplmduudhbsscgfzuvzqlzrvebwektdbbihhlbaaitfwmkgrpjqbsswdolwokjlieiybzfrzdemmojpaogwvwhrctewaznwlidxfptyqukmqegaxbrjrrcvljegtqpkmmrgaanppcxwvowomntzozedaqccushokbbatwqrffrweuneenlevdxxfaveduztvequzaxrmhpklidtefjzjazfulivswrgyuejppglocbznafzdutbgdhbtrjwzmowttqdhdmamhatlaoszqpcolcaxlfthreqvmonghkoisoyktfojxamgqhucesmnykigregzswiusmfnyfhcbthqibqbyhfqkbebtjenylgmhkbmpewkryrifeorhtafjgdhauufzsbxtiukyhebuskihhmnuifxwkajekahrcdbsgqwaghusucvsacoynlruxcztwvtybuenmecotzxilpdlinlrcinvjowdojciefdjbrckutdfedjaimcnqxkkfylgkudizjklcioeliacihpjthjuccsedzajqjpqkzbchpdiquomfjekrwowiqcvspwbmvtpsnacgmhidnnrvjwnnfwsmuoxbyuyaphohwodjkgmacxjudryiuooijuprcgmlnoootjiuulqpbzyjmaofqmxvdwvymycwytqourwwbzcouppoesxesljvizxuasogugcdmwnatwhajqmxvjmmbbplfmtzfxkbiyrvrxrurxxjzbyhgkakyenggorrmrybllytablykezzbocopiuldukxwplicfibyqckbbykizfvlmupbcrrnslqavgddfngolphhodvgfyeieatheepmgputugabhkkxgfabtcyvsqdthwhybjnymyjtdyotzswnowuoabnblaofllkwbztlylfmlsxxxumvxamhfghhhsnicsusuurkrdmrbmntpubaabuodhpkjcpbsxputmgraoiiypzpuyvzlbwgoykfbxcqkpmojtgkvbrndoeoofpowzeatgrroaruskuepizlbtafryadmowzjmbeunusnzbctfzpunwiyxktnsmauvukznztjstprrvkduzhayvuhmpnprztziqlzcghgvrvgufxzpvgkuteynyprnpzxvstymywyupvjghtcpiamskuqxbafbhpqeesjlrijeevtncviasiiypsolfyukupgoqrsmfjmaobtanwsineuxdiunmolylvuppuidllhldlfzwjfkookdqgafgthhczbxxztmcjgybisvssmolkflfwipljmmkronfumtwdczqubbauujmgmwhxulbjangxwmjjzrrvjppbuvehustqxxzjhwldcmzshldumpaqazledrvclalsxhpaiemeevaycvhijncclajaeumzoltecbmzexgoypdpgumqkzehdbtrwrlujiutatyfrgunustxkfifsteypgyaeczzbpqbygensbdhrxndocrskdfsmpkyoadahvudnkopeirfywcgyovfignbkgkkssvrgsfxyzysenfeojqswbrwtuxuaxvutjdhxfqaezrdvkxuolvqgwbpkoxlhqmvxhazbllmbavbfaremqvvapgoufogpftmvsodjxpetgllwwucyrzvjukddjbrdqooiaqdzwhxswoxqkzmyxvuqybgfcvzbmwqircgnfbidtptbejbskqpfiawjnntarxmnujnzfiebrorqsughprgbpgzgfmdklkrpgsbmrvlyuakwymsuroegpwqfljypnfgsgbjkaaubafsqhrietxcneikritetlvdgfhnevhwjwjojikmgnhotaysmfkiwlinnaegdddrfhwacgjpysinsuvwstirfeapongybstzbhpcyqrhggzldnbvymzacgaladsfjtdbgplgzkrcxbkdpudmudqmizedmncdjevpghvgzxtowhlggpmpbulzlowtgrorijjamjfyiytorugdrkjzvfeuroviylrfoibtzvjhpuwvtycrvxqbeqdcvvsjmclevsutqphwoxhgcqdqfmywhdnvsmjwohpjdgguuotlitwgtuuavtnogvekaoqlreudtzvqowssrlzfreogsqmiusoufjwcjxxirsdjcllqpxrjmtmkaqawnmjlqtdabhqafbqhxnc" successfully committed to blockchain

Suggestion: length limit and check for valid UTF8 (without whitespace) or US-ASCII only.

EDIT: there was some check according to logs, but still it said successfully committed
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Once difficulty becomes too high, aliases will become very hard to create. Shouldn't you be able to register an alias just by paying BBR with your wallet? Shorter aliases should cost much more than longer aliases... So if you want to create a 30 character alias that will be very cheap. But if you want to create a 1 character alias that will be very expensive.

Shouldn t you paying to whom? My to developer as a donation-based support?

i have send 101010 testberries you back to @surfer43.

You Received?

I would think the spent BBR should be burnt. Or maybe that could be used for donation-based support for devs...

Looks like you can create aliases with any character. I made one with ⚀ and ¡

Received!
Code:
Height 429, transaction <1d0956f8fcad6b1749169268b0da8cdfcc87afaa30d09b4c505ff6eb74cc0de1>, received 10.00000000
Height 429, transaction <1d0956f8fcad6b1749169268b0da8cdfcc87afaa30d09b4c505ff6eb74cc0de1>, received 1000.00000000
Height 429, transaction <1d0956f8fcad6b1749169268b0da8cdfcc87afaa30d09b4c505ff6eb74cc0de1>, received 100000.00000000

I agree it needs a better name. I also think dev receiving a portion of the block reward is not a good idea...
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Once difficulty becomes too high, aliases will become very hard to create. Shouldn't you be able to register an alias just by paying BBR with your wallet? Shorter aliases should cost much more than longer aliases... So if you want to create a 30 character alias that will be very cheap. But if you want to create a 1 character alias that will be very expensive.

Shouldn t you paying to whom? My to developer as a donation-based support?

i have send 101010 testberries you back to @surfer43.

You Received?

Great, finding tons of blocks.  Grin Who wants some testberries?

For test send me some testberries to @bbr for test alias works  Grin

Sent 100k testberries.  Cheesy

Received?

YES Sir  Smiley

Code:
Height 396, transaction , received 100000.00000000

Sent 100k testberries.  Cheesy

Received?

Activity: 17
Compiling went smoothly for me, now mining on test network.
Why did you choose BoolBerry? It's an awful name for a coin. Is English not your first language? I think something may have been lost in translation.

Boolberry was not even mentioned in the Naming contest thread..  Huh
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
Why did you choose BoolBerry? It's an awful name for a coin. Is English not your first language? I think something may have been lost in translation.
Now we have macro TESTNET, and if you compile with this macro - than you have genesis, default ports, network id and data folder for test_net. If not - you in real net.
For this time it's turned on by default.

Would be nicer to have a command line option, so I don't need to do "make clean" and compile again (ccache helps, but..)
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Fixed aliases display on state page: http://boolberry.com/state.html#aliases
Thanks to otila  to test it. Probably i know who will be first aliased person in Boolberry Smiley

When you put the sorcecode at https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry for real boolberry? Because the compiling takes a time of a minimum of 30 min for me.
Or it is possible to only change genisisblock somewhere.

Code:
{
  "alt_blocks_count": 0,
  "difficulty": 23337313,
  "grey_peerlist_size": 0,
  "height": 219,
  "incoming_connections_count": 0,
  "outgoing_connections_count": 6,
  "status": "OK",
  "tx_count": 0,
  "tx_pool_size": 0,
  "white_peerlist_size": 6

What do you mean "real boolberry" ? It's more than real for me )
I'll put genesis block in a day of start, with some quote from The Times.

And must we delete the testnet blockchain then?
No. Now we have macro TESTNET, and if you compile with this macro - than you have genesis, default ports, network id and data folder for test_net. If not - you in real net.
For this time it's turned on by default.

Activity: 196
crypto

this is a good project. I have been following closely.
there is already some dissent in Monero also a very good coin. It is possible that you will bring about a unique coin that carries forward in a unique way the work cryptonote has done. and because of this, you can surpass monero.

HoneyPenny Boolberry have childish name about them. Perhapse this is cultural and you see nothing wrong with the name, but it is hard for others outside your culture to understand and accept. It is very nice that you would insert your culture into your project but a better name will do.

this is a unique coin. a good coin.
it is not necessary to name the coin anonymous, no name coin or some other variation of anonymous, liberty.

there were many good names offered. This one, boolberry is actually worse than honeypenny.

regarding your point about taxes and rewarding developers. I also can not think of one coin that has a premine, instamine that has been trully successful.
have you thought about a proof of stake sort of incentive. Miners vote for developers and via sending coins to the developers of choice. special wallet that generates 2 percent interest of coins in the wallet so long as developer active. winner takes all coins. meaning if there are two competing developers then the loser coins go to winning developer.

as you are the original developer, you can set miners to send coin to this special wallet at 2.5% of coins as there are no pools yet and that seems to be standard fee for a pool. have this go for 90 days. then set miners stop sending coins and have it done as choice for voting purposes.
To speed up compilation, remove the last line of CMakeLists.txt, "add_subdirectory(tests)".

thank you, i will try.
Jump to: