Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 483. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Hello Friends!
I've started a new thread with discussion about project monetization (donations model) and offered there a new model, which is move focus from miners to common users:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hp-monetization-discussion-590520
Please leave your feedback because as we see it is very sensitive point.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I can't compile it under Ubuntu 14.04!  Huh

Do you have c++ compiler installed?  Roll Eyes  Cry
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!
I can't compile it under Ubuntu 14.04!  Huh
I have used walkthru posted here, but all i got is this error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/boost-latest/ppa/ubuntu/dists/trustyain/binary-amd64/packages 404 Not found

EDIT:
I found a way how to install boost 1.54. Anyway now i have some problem with CMAKE:

Code:
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/petr/honeypenny/build/release/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/petr/honeypenny/build/release/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make: *** [cmake-release] Error 1
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Doesn't the alias destroy all the anonymity of the transactions?

No. Alias only maps to the public key, which can't be connected to the transactions.

Activity: 373
Doesn't the alias destroy all the anonymity of the transactions?
Just sent 123.45 coins to @zoidberg2.

Code:
Money successfully sent, transaction <964c444de985a0a2faa574ebea68de8b22db378be251d0391fe4d60855acc353>

You can send some back to @bitkoot if you like Smiley
Sent 10000 testcoins to you bro!
Thanks all for testing!
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Just sent 10k @bitkoot, would be cool if you can send some @nbkn

Code:
Money successfully sent, transaction <76223893a91519ac7f4a41c565c74bbaae048c2ae377c9a2c8542c83a50421a8>

Just sent you 1,000,001 back (you send me 1M instead of 10k Wink)

Code:
Money successfully sent, transaction <18cb84e5dd3ff8d4e6c69e479d97b8b81f4ae8f190f321c92cc33e8bcd2d93a0>
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Just sent 10k @bitkoot, would be cool if you can send some @nbkn

Code:
Money successfully sent, transaction <76223893a91519ac7f4a41c565c74bbaae048c2ae377c9a2c8542c83a50421a8>
Just sent 123.45 coins to @zoidberg2.

Code:
Money successfully sent, transaction <964c444de985a0a2faa574ebea68de8b22db378be251d0391fe4d60855acc353>

You can send some back to @bitkoot if you like Smiley
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Just build new release on centos, registration of alias works like a charm. Also sent 100k @zoidberg.
Good news!
We've added rpc api to daemon and upgraded wallet to work with aliases.

Now we can see how aliases works. To register alias:
Type in your daemon command:
Code:
make_alias your_name  1DXMLdBWfhdJUwVTdJJZo9StboYHgbTeZC75iBJUSX7MP8D4GV4AVpPZAioqHjjqx41R2iAGKZJqoZ2hqzWgVskdVBJ9RR4
If your daemon is mining and if this name is not already used by someone else - you will get this alias when you find first a block. When it happend you'll see smth like this:
Code:
[miner 0]Found block for difficulty: 80910
[miner 0]Alias "zoidberg2" successfully committed to blockchain
After it happend you can publish your short alias name instead of long address, and in wallet now transfer command can use alias names as well (if address starts from @ it interpreted as alias name).
To use alias:
Code:
transfer 1 @zoidberg 100

Since you have registered an alias it will stay in blockchain forever. Possible to change alias associated address (change owner, sell out) if you prove that you own it (by signing update message with secrete address key).

I've already registered @zoidberg address, and @zoidberg2 (@zoidberg address actually registered in invalid address due to bug Smiley ) - so you can try to send me some testcoins.
NOTICE: To make it work please update software (pull and rebuild under the linux or get fresh linux binaries, macos binaries is not updated yet).

Someone who  tried this feature - leave your feedback please.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
I hope that Linux miner will not be 4 times better than windows miner, as it is the case in Monero(bitmonero).
Unfortunatly there is still a big difference between mining in linux and windows. On my machine mining in ubuntu running inside a VM is still 2 times faster than mining on windows. I have compiled the linux version (which helps perfomance), and the windows version is the precompiled one. I don't know if it makes a huge difference when you compile it yourself on windows.
I notice in Windows that if you do not specify the number of threads it uses ONE, which is opposite of most command line CPU miners. They usually use all threads.
I was considering writing up a how-to for windows, does anyone really need one?
I have written a few others -> http://cpucoinlist.com/how-to/

If you do this, it is going to be impossible to solo mine. So I would not.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
I hope that Linux miner will not be 4 times better than windows miner, as it is the case in Monero(bitmonero).

Unfortunatly there is still a big difference between mining in linux and windows. On my machine mining in ubuntu running inside a VM is still 2 times faster than mining on windows. I have compiled the linux version (which helps perfomance), and the windows version is the precompiled one. I don't know if it makes a huge difference when you compile it yourself on windows.

I notice in Windows that if you do not specify the number of threads it uses ONE, which is opposite of most command line CPU miners. They usually use all threads.

I was considering writing up a how-to for windows, does anyone really need one?

I have written a few others -> http://cpucoinlist.com/how-to/

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

Could you answer these questions:
- How many developers are in the team?
- Are you looking for more developers (can people contribute on GitHub) and or other help (translations, etc.)?
- Can you announce the launch more than one day in advance? You want the launch to be perceived as open and honest as possible.

I agree, it is good to see a fork with active discussion before release and dev that listens to comments.

I too am interested in the answers to these questions.

Activity: 196
will we need to re download bineries
thanks
Activity: 84
D*CK Profiler
Any estimate on launch date? Smiley
Activity: 406
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
There is some tutorial how to mine on windows?  Cry
This is the tutorial for Bytecoin but it should be very similar for HoneyPenny
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcn-bytecoin-not-a-bitcoin-fork-how-to-544715
Jump to: