Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 486. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Maybe this is a stupid question but ...will coins mined on the test network be valid, or will the slate be wiped clean at launch?
It' just a test start, on monday i'll change genesis block and restart blockchain, so don't care about coins in this test launch, it's gonna vanish after genesis change.
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
Maybe this is a stupid question but ...will coins mined on the test network be valid, or will the slate be wiped clean at launch?
what is hpd
HoneyPenny Daemon - just short name of target.

PS: Forgot to push last commit Sad Very sorry! Anyway - it's just test start, so this money will not becomy a real.
I've seen some fails in logs, so please git pull and try again to connect.
Sorry again Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Goog news!
We've started test network.
To enter: run  hpd --add-priority-node=107.170.97.197:10101
Windows binaries: http://honeypenny.org/downloads/hp_test_start.zip
I think it's an interesting way to implement a way to keep you involved, and you should absolutely not be ashamed. I just hope that you will be willing and ready, when it comes time, to suggest a recommended percentage. It's no small responsibility, asking for taxes. It requires you to be honest with yourself and everyone . . or at least convince them you are.

What I'm saying is that by making the % changeable based on the miner's choice (this is the approach I'm assuming you're taking -- correct me if i'm wrong), you will need to provide them with definitions of what every percentage that isn't 0 or 10% according to what it means to you. I could only see this working if you're capable of asking for 3.56% tax, or 7.692% tax based on definitions we all come to agree on. No taxation without representation is what's coming to mind -- are you capable of defending your right to demand that which we have every right to refuse?

I've seen a similar approach in MemoryCoin 2. Are you familiar with that? The fact that freetrade manipulated votes and pretty much dropped the coin, in addition to it losing a lot of momentum, when he got voted out is what I'm worried about. What types of parallels/differences do you expect with your coin? I'm just curious is all.
Any kind of taxes is not acceptable for such projects i believe, it smells bad and we don't want to force anyone to pay us. It's always better if people want to donate by themselves.
You right, there are nonzero risk that almost all miners could turn off support off donations.
But seriously what reasons could have miners to stop supporting development ? ...
As for me it is win-win, more features - more coin value. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I see one real reason to stop donations - if developers going to do something wrong, hardfork for example.
This mechanism is like Social Contract by J-J Rousseau (figuratively) - we develop and operate network, folk use it and control it. It's pure Crypto-democracy Smiley
Isn't it ?

It's tough to track down differences in the original code with the way you brought into your github. As far as I can tell immediately all that was removed was one character, a "-". I see there's more, but it will take time to find the changes.
We do most of development in branches, and when it done i merge it to "master". So take a look "develop" branch to track our development in real time.
I've just merged all code into the master branch so you can check this out.

Sorry, I must have read that wrong the first time. I did not understand before, but it seems to make more sense now. It's still a little unclear, but I can understand better the source when you're ready.

Thanks for the responses, it's nice to see a pre-ann discussion full of more than "looks nice" or "can't wait for this one".
You can check sources and any feedback is wellcome!
Good news. Wallets aliases is ready. Now it is possible to register 1 alias in per block. And as well it is possible to reassign alias to another address if you can proof that last you own last alias's wallet - so sign new update alias message with prev address secret key.
So, we almost done.
Test net will be started ASAP, today night or tomorrow. 
Merged all last changes from develop branch to master, but it is not release yet. It is just for test net fun.

PS: Release will come with little surprise Smiley
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Can we have a time for the release date please?
It's on OP.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Can we have a time for the release date please?
Sorry for long waiting for answer.

Correct me if i'm wrong but on summary these are the biggest changes
1. The use of another hashing algorythm based on the blockchain, it should fix the slow bc syncing we experience in BCN & BMR.
True. And we believe it more protected from ASIC
2. 10% of total coins going through emission to the developers so they can do their job when drinking cocktails on the Bahama's. (in other words, 10% of each block goes into the devs pockets)
NO. 10% is maximum possible donation size with each block. But for each block, each miner decide by himself how much to donate in his mined block. Thats why we called it donations. We set default value to 5%. It is fairly, and it is clear. And yes, we will drink cocktails on the Bahama's if we will success.
3. Mixing level of coins will always be greater then 0
No really. Maybe we should more detailed explanation of this feature: When you've done ring signature in classic cryptonote code, you never know if any of other mixin outs will be spent with mixins or not. And if the will spent without mixins you will loose unlinkability of yours transaction. We add specific field, to mark how this out could be spent:
1. It can have mark "relaxed" - the same as CryptoNote usual out.
2. It can be marked as forced to be spent without mixins - to make possible track some public address balance if owner desire it.
3. It can be marked as forced to be spent with minimum n-mixins - and this GRANTS that you will not loose unlinkability of your transaction, if you used this kind of forced outs in mixins.
If it is not clear feel free to ask.
4. Smaller blockchain because of dust removal
Not a big deal. A little nice feature.
5. p2p broadcasting like used in Litecoin for sending messages through the blockchain
6. Mapping of addresses to short names for easy access
True.
True.
For the dev. Are you changing the way the blockchain is stored? Like write it directly to a db and not a full mem load?
Yes, we will change of course. But as i said - it is not big problem for next few mounces, and we planing to make nice simple GUI at first.
Thank you for your interest.
Activity: 3
Ummm…. don't mind me. I'm just wondering if this is mineable with an ATI graphics card. You guys can go back to drawing balloons and troops strategy after that Tongue
Hope not Wink it is CPU mineable.
+1
Hope it stays CPU only for a long time.  Will there be gui wallat at start? If so , that would be great, and your coin could get huge advantage over bitmonero and bytecoin. Also pools after few days of launch would be awesome. Wish you the best luck, and also I like the name. Hope that some day I will see:"HoneyPenny accepted here"  Grin
Ummm…. don't mind me. I'm just wondering if this is mineable with an ATI graphics card. You guys can go back to drawing balloons and troops strategy after that Tongue
Hope not Wink it is CPU mineable.
Activity: 17
Good news:
1. Implemented transaction outs with guaranteed anonymity.
2. Changed emission curve similar to bitcoin
I don't get the distribution. How do we acquire this coin? is it by mining?
Added emission graph to announce.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

Yeah, CPU mining like Bytecoin (BCN not BTE)/ BitMonero.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Good news:
1. Updated and fixed coretests with new blockciain-based hash
2. Added mix attribute to tx out and network rules to grant requried level of mixin in ring signature.
3. Added graph with tx check by daemon (ring signature check):
Activity: 23
hmmmm .... darkcoin?

No, this is the HoneyPenny thread. Were you looking for DarkCoin? It's forum is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615

You can trade for DarkCoin here: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/155

And their site forum is here: https://www.darkcointalk.org/

They have a very active and dedicated community that can help you with whatever questions you may have.
Activity: 284
Merit: 101
hmmmm .... darkcoin?
Jump to: