Pages:
Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 50. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
boolberrians.

thank you for patience and helping.

I am trying this step. I am hoping someone can help.

So I have my ...bin.keys file. I no longer have my 24 word seed. 
I want to restore my wallet.

I am looking at this commands, and I cant quite make sense of them
--restore-wallet
--restore-seed

the restore wallet asks for the 24 word seed, which I no longer have
the restore seed asks me for the 24 worrd seed also.

are they the exact same commans or is there a way I can use it recreat my wallet using my ...bin.keys file.

thanks.

Did you try to create a new boolberry account? And then check if you get 25 words code.

the wallet is from so long ago. I dont knw, but I might have participated in the testnet maybe. I think the official launch was in may and the wallets appear to be from april.

so it might be a different coin after all.

thanks.
Activity: 5
boolberrians.

--restore-wallet
--restore-seed

are they the exact same commans or is there a way I can use it recreat my wallet using my ...bin.keys file.

thanks.

Did you try to create a new boolberry account? And then check if you get 25 words code.
Activity: 29
Hi Zoidberg,

Hope you are well

Id like to invest in boolberry but i just want to be sure if you are truly commited to this project now... it has a ton of potential but i dont want to put money into it if it will be abandoned in the future... please let me know.

Thanks Smiley

its seems that he is in fact committed he's already completed some fixes on wallets.. He's Back, if you read prior threads you can read his comments. 2018 is going to be this coins year,  although I'd wait to bu them on a larger exchange. lots of variables still up in the air but with execution of what the dev and marketing team are talking about there is no reason this coin should not be competing with Monero/Dash for market cap.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
who else here still has bbr locked in polo

how can we as a community put pressure on them to release our coins to us?

sucks.

I sent bytecoin to them 4 years ago.
I did not include a payment ID but I had time stamp and transaction ID and gave them my public address
but they have not credited me any of it.

I kind of consider it lost.

Yeah what a dump

I see my bbr saying pending withdrawal for like months now?

other wallets like xdn and xcn they just turned off?

thieves.

sucks.

I sent bytecoin to them 4 years ago.
I did not include a payment ID but I had time stamp and transaction ID and gave them my public address
but they have not credited me any of it.

I kind of consider it lost.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

boolberrians.

--restore-wallet
--restore-seed

thanks.
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commit/24ab8a351494d52437fae186360fab2601aded7e

hey CZ, does this commit fix OSX or is it just waiting for me to try it

another OSX issue I had in the past was that on a different computer I was not able to recover from seed, the same address would be generated but no balance would show even after having the whole blockchain

Activity: 337
Merit: 315
The order book depth is pitiful

It's one of the downsides of being listed on a newer exchange.. not many traders are comfortable leaving funds on newer exchanges for prolonged periods. Boolberry is still recovering from the unwarranted delisting by Bittrex and Poloniex. Once it gets listed on a more reputable exchange I believe the market liquidity will be restored.

We're working to resolve this issue and should have some good news next week.

Long time ago that I have been checking this thread. Is there still active development going on for BBR?

Yes, the original developer, Cryptozoidberg, is back on the project full time. He's busy fixing MacOS and Linux wallets along with some API improvements then he'll be introducing some new features into the project:

• Blockchain data moved from RAM to embedded DB
  • Migration to a hybrid Proof-of-Stake / Proof-of-Work system architecture
  • Multi-Signature
  • some more features to be revealed with upcoming roadmap

Ivan, one of the devs on my team, is busy porting over our ShortRingCCT work over to Boolberry. It was originally planned for use in our proposed hardfork which was was cancelled in favor of a pivot to a zero knowledge system and a unified Boolberry. The design is very advanced compared to any other ring signatures currently in-use. It's a reduction in ring sizes to logarithmic size with 91.8% improvement at 1000 ring members and 99.984% at 1 million ring members in comparison to CN rings. The Compact Confidential Transaction component is an 86% improvement in proof sizes over the standard CT design.

Something to look forward to as future Boolberry milestone once Zoidberg's features have been merged. Boolberry already has an efficient pruning system in place, so scaling isn't too much of an issue; however, this will definitely compliment its scaling and the CCT component will make it a stronger competitor in the privacy vertical.

To give you an idea, here are some statistics on Monero's ring sizes:
https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/734/largest-ring-size-ever-used-in-a-monero-transacation

Things are just getting started here and after hitting rock bottom with no active devs or exchange listings it can only go up.
Long time ago that I have been checking this thread. Is there still active development going on for BBR?

yes.

first there was going to be a fork. then there was not going to be a fork, then the fork was considered again to popular demand, and now the fork is cancelled.
the good news, the original developer is back and has support of another user whom has interest in the project continuing. The original developer has new plans and has been active in the last week or so.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Is there anyone who wants to sell a decent amount of Boolberry for current price + 20% off market?  The order book depth is pitiful (I have an Escrow guy we can use - or use any reputable escrow from Bitcointalk).

I can buy up to .25 BTC worth (1BTC if you want to give it to me at market price)
Any word on getting boolberry listed on additional exchanges? I have reached out to Kucoin and they have shared that no one is currently in contact with them.

#MakeBoolberryGreatAgain

I think you might be talking to their support staff. I'm in contact with the owner and they may not be aware of the conversations we're having. I've just scheduled a 12 hour window with them for Monday 11AM-11PM UTC+8. If all goes well we should have deposits & trading open sometime in the week.
Some people are sending some rude PMs about us abandoning Boolberry. This is most likely due to confusion here.

To clarify once again, we are not abdandoning Boolberry:

A) Zoidberg has a bunch of unique features coming into Boolberry.

Since we touched this topic I would like to make an early statement. The official announcement is on the way still, but we have big plans for BBR improvement quiet soon. We will bring database, hybrid POS/POW transactions verification, multisig and few other cool features to the project. I will keep you posted with updates, but we already have a strong development and marketing team and look forward to upcoming changes.

Zoidberg

B) The main features of Doubloon were the [1] ShortRingCCT work and the [2] Itsuku algorithm.

[1]
Ivan, the developer that has been working on this area of the project for the last 6 months has expressed a desire to port this over into Boolberry's codebase. This is understandable as he's been working on it for 1/2 of the year. Since we are pivoting to a new zero knowledge system we won't be using this anymore. This week Ivan started working on serialization to bring ShortRingCCT into Boolberry. After Zoidberg has brought in his new features we will bring this into Boolberry.

This is a decentralized project and the overwhelming majority of the community want this system included in Boolberry. To avoid any future splits in the community with regards to ShortRingCCT and to make BBR a stronger competitor in the privacy vertical, it will be in best interest of Zoidberg to adopt it as a future milestone after the more pressing concerns are addressed.

We've followed a very professional and methodical R&D cycle with everything we've developed in Doubloon. Best industry practices in algorithm development start on paper then after peer review and refinement cycles, the research eventually matures enough to become code. This is the correct model to follow instead of just writing software and hoping it works out.

[2]

Itusku will be reserved for Doubloon. This makes the most sense for both projects. Our new mining algorithm deserves to be launched on a new coin along with our new privacy protocol. All reference coins have launched with their own unique PoW algorithms i.e Bitcoin, Bytecoin, Boolberry, Ethereum, Zcash etc so we're in good company on this and following industry standards.

This is not a negative for Boolberry because it keeps the mining community united with Wild Keccak. Nobody has to worry about the potential investment in new hardware, like Tbearhere, who has spent the last 4 years optimizing his cards for Wild Keccak.

TL:DR

In short, this is the best direction for the project. Instead of two chains going in two separate directions, we will have one BBR chain with the best of both worlds. Zoidberg's features and ShortRingCCT as a future milestone. Doubloon is pivoting towards a trustless zero knowledge system so we won't be using the ring research anymore.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for everyone.
CZ and B4H4mu7
please assist.

I found an old comment from CZ. It appears to be an issue that was supposed to be fixed before.
I was finally able to open my wallet by removing the .bin file and using the .bin.keys file. (thank you 1blockologist)
however, doing this  gave the error below. it is the same error that CZ addressed a while back. I am wondering if one of you can address this problem. thanks.

2017-Dec-21 20:09:43.719866 [RPC1]ERROR C:\home\projects\boolberry\src\currency_core\blockchain_storage.cpp:1445[currency::blockchain_storage::find_blockchain_supplement]Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch:
id: <830ec1d9917286cd95ac0128022900dc452c33d9d29974ae304bff430fc10353>,
expected: <5a9ab6978a21b1c4e6be256f38c9b9597ab343e9dbc25aee3e6c4d5b26810d34>,
 dropping connection

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reporting problem, will fix it asap.

I've discovered the problem.
Since today we've made some major fixes genesis id had changed(and thats why we've restarted the net again). The wallet keeps (in wallet_name.bin file) his own block chain(not full blocks, just block ids) to be able to handle some splits in daemon.
So you probably have been generated your wallet with sources before todays fixes. It's not a big problem - just remove your wallet_name.bin file (DO NOT KILL wallet_name.bin.keys file) and reopen wallet. This case is not a typical problem - genesis block is not subject to change in normal life. But, it is now possible to open the wallet from different network (such as bytecon or bitmonero) that will cause the same errors, so we will add extra info to wallet to avoid this.
Let me know if problem is not gone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity: 76
I want to ask how to inquire about the history record of sending BBR transactions. I opened my wallet, but who did not send the BBR record could help me? Can the transaction record be querying through the address of the purse?
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
There was a failed attempt at a takeover by 1block last year

But a winning attempt at trading and making money
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
These days, I saw a lot people are talking about the BBR, so I am reading its whitepaper to see if it deserve to invest.
Activity: 5
Hello. I am a guy with some programming skills in c++, visual studio and sql, and i wish to offer my assistance. Was thinking of starting my own cryptonote coin, already had the code ready, but the number of coins around is absurd. So, I thought, maybe someone else could use my assistance Smiley
I know you are working in teams, and probably in foreign languages, so maybe to start i could just tag along in the beginning. Want nothing, offering my time.

If you want to help, Boolberry can use off-line signing to get listing on some of the larger exchanges.

Here's an example:
https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/bitmonero/commit/3c44e9fb6c1b57852d37780414ed6e42afc19afb

BBR Repo:
https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry
https://github.com/clintar/boolberry

Ok, im on it. Still have a lot to learn from the code though.
Hello. I am a guy with some programming skills in c++, visual studio and sql, and i wish to offer my assistance. Was thinking of starting my own cryptonote coin, already had the code ready, but the number of coins around is absurd. So, I thought, maybe someone else could use my assistance Smiley
I know you are working in teams, and probably in foreign languages, so maybe to start i could just tag along in the beginning. Want nothing, offering my time.

If you want to help, Boolberry can use off-line signing to get listing on some of the larger exchanges.

Here's an example:
https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/bitmonero/commit/3c44e9fb6c1b57852d37780414ed6e42afc19afb

BBR Repo:
https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry
https://github.com/clintar/boolberry
Pages:
Jump to: