Pages:
Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 51. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 315
Considering the fact i want to join the development of boolberry, what is the current situation?
Seems like not everyone is working on the same goal? Or at least not everyone is coordinated towards the same goal?
Boolberry is a cute project, but if its going to be usefull, there should be at least a common goal? Some coordination?
I mean its not that we need a million people to reach consensus. How many different groups are there? Is there any comunication/coordination between the developing groups?

A quick recap on project history and state of well being:

Basically the project had no active development for the last 3 years. There was a failed attempt at a takeover by 1block last year which didn't result in much but infighting in the community and the ticker change from BBR to XBB. After Boolberry was delisted from Poloniex I stepped up to hire developers to bring on to the project. We were planning to eventually migrate the BBR chain to a new codebase along with a rebrand to Doubloon. This effort motivated the original developer, Cryptozoidberg to come back to the project which is where we are right now. The project is still recovering from delisting by Poloniex and Bittrex but we are exploring exchange partnerships to resolve this issue.

As Zoidberg stated he has a bunch of unique features planned to be merged into Boolberry very soon. My team working on Doubloon are pivoting away from the hardfork plan and also ring based privacy towards a new system so our work on the ring signatures and Compact Confidential Transactions will end up going to waste. My proposal is for that research to be brought into Boolberry as a future milestone to make it a stronger competitor to Monero.

At present, the project suffers from huge overhead as all blockchain data is stored in RAM. It requires around 6GB to run.. part of Zoidberg's planned features will fix this issue along with other unique features. At the moment fixing the DB issue is far more important than anything else since it will make exchange listing easier to swallow if they don't need 6GB to run a node.

We're just starting to rebuild the community here after the years of neglect. Join us on any of the chat channels and become part of the community, they're connected to each other so your message will be broadcasted across all comm channels.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Considering the fact i want to join the development of boolberry, what is the current situation?
Seems like not everyone is working on the same goal? Or at least not everyone is coordinated towards the same goal?
Boolberry is a cute project, but if its going to be usefull, there should be at least a common goal? Some coordination?
I mean its not that we need a million people to reach consensus. How many different groups are there? Is there any comunication/coordination between the developing groups?
So, if there is a genesis block missmatch, it means you have a completly different currency there Smiley
Activity: 35
ok sorry for the minute by minute update.
but I got the password. woooooot

now.
I can only open it with the old may 2014 simple wallet.
the current wallet tells me, it is wrong password.
the old wallet opens it ok
but returns this error (please help)

2017-Dec-20 21:52:30.902606 [RPC1]ERROR C:\home\projects\boolberry\src\currency_core\blockchain_storage.cpp:1445[currency::blockchain_storage::find_blockchain_supplement]Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch:
id: <830ec1d9917286cd95ac0128022900dc452c33d9d29974ae304bff430fc10353>,
expected: <5a9ab6978a21b1c4e6be256f38c9b9597ab343e9dbc25aee3e6c4d5b26810d34>,
 dropping connection
2017-Dec-20 21:52:30.980845 [RPC1]ERROR c:\home\projects\boolberry\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:78[currency::core_rpc_server::handle_http_request_map]Failed to on_get_blocks()
2017-Dec-20 21:52:31.000957 [RPC0]ERROR C:\home\projects\boolberry\src\currency_core\blockchain_storage.cpp:1445[currency::blockchain_storage::find_blockchain_supplement]Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch:
 dropping connection
2017-Dec-20 21:52:31.018112 [RPC0]ERROR c:\home\projects\boolberry\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:78[currency::core_rpc_server::handle_http_request_map]Failed to on_get_blocks()
2017-Dec-20 21:52:31.033738 [RPC0]ERROR C:\home\projects\boolberry\src\currency_core\blockchain_storage.cpp:1445[currency::blockchain_storage::find_blockchain_supplement]Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch:
 dropping connection
2017-Dec-20 21:52:31.064989 [RPC0]ERROR c:\home\projects\boolberry\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:78[currency::core_rpc_server::handle_http_request_map]Failed to on_get_blocks()
2017-Dec-20 21:52:31.064989 [RPC1]ERROR C:\home\projects\boolberry\src\currency_core\blockchain_storage.cpp:1445[currency::blockchain_storage::find_blockchain_supplement]Client sent wrong NOTIFY_REQUEST_CHAIN: genesis block missmatch:
 dropping connection
2017-Dec-20 21:52:31.080615 [RPC1]ERROR c:\home\projects\boolberry\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:78[currency::core_rpc_server::handle_http_request_map]Failed to on_get_blocks()
Activity: 337
Merit: 315
Hello Dear Friends!

Perhaps you could notice a rise of activity around BBR during last months. Here we must give credit to  b4h4mu7 (https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/b4h4mu7-898973) who put a lot of efforts in promoting and enlisting at exchange platforms. He is by far the biggest contributor to BBR and eventually starting his own project, which is great. I wish him success with it.

I have a bit different opinion on some aspects of this new project though. I have reviewed it’s repository and have a few thoughts to share. First, as I can see it’s a copy of ByteCoin and I want to stress that ByteCoin core is incompatible with BBR. Besides the question why is it called a BBR fork then, I would suggest to choose another codebase, e.g. Monero which has stronger developer community. Second, as steps to improve the BBR I would focus on implementing a database first. That is critically important. Third, I personally consider bitcoin cash style hard forks a bad approach in general. That inflates the capitalization of new coin out of nowhere, basically making it a bubble and spoiling the idea of cryptocurrencies itself.

Since we touched this topic I would like to make an early statement. The official announcement is on the way still, but we have big plans for BBR improvement quiet soon. We will bring database, hybrid POS/POW transactions verification, multisig and few other cool features to the project. I will keep you posted with updates, but we already have a strong development and marketing team and look forward to upcoming changes.

Zoidberg

So for the non tech guys, what your saying is it would be better without the fork because the code that the new project is written in isn't going to be compatible? Hopefully you guys get the end user stuff worked out ie wallets and exchanges soon. IMO I think forks bring value/exposure to both assets and it gives those who believe in the underling technology a choice to invest in those with the best user outreach and consistency.   Cheesy

Bytecoin code was fully refactored in v2 so any work to migrate chain from Bytecoin v1 code (BBR/XMR/etc) requires extensive serialization and planning to become possible. Other CN projects have done this in the past, so it's not impossible, it just takes planning, time and energy to achieve.

That said, our team at Doubloon has had some discussions this week about a pivot towards a fully zero knowledge system which would make Doubloon the first of its kind with this technology. This new system requires us to forgo ring signature and stealth address based privacy in place of zero knowledge proofs. Rather than spend time on serialization towards a hardfork we decided we would rather launch Doubloon as a pioneer in this field of research as a new reference currency for the protocol and Itsuku mining algorithm.

Since we're not going to use the new ShortRingCCT research in Doubloon, it would be better suited to bring into Boolberry as a future milestone after Zoidberg brings in his planned features. As a holder of Boolberry, I can say this would be the best of both worlds. Zoidberg has some great features planned for Boolberry not present in any other CN currency, although the only drawback is none of these mentioned features improve upon privacy over Monero's RingCT system.

That said, it will be hard to compete with Monero in the privacy vertical if we don't have an original privacy system that is superior to their system. It creates a unique value proposition over Monero on top of all Zoidberg's features for those who are looking to invest in the privacy vertical.

---------------

Speaking purely from a value proposition perspective:

Monero's biggest strength is its perceived academic research. For the past 3 years it has dominated the Cryptonote space with proposals to improve upon its privacy. Aside from Zoidberg's privacy improvement, not one CN project has attempted to pioneer their own version of improvements to advance CN privacy. In my opinion, as someone who has been in the privacy vertical since 2013, we will need our own community pioneered privacy improvement not taken from Monero or any other currency project to be considered as a potential rival to Monero both as an innovator in the privacy vertical and in marketcap.

ShortRingCCT provides this mechanism and if you combine Zoidberg's unique features planned for Boolberry it's a win from every angle. All major decentralized currency projects have improvement proposal systems. Bitcoin has their BIP system where the community can propose new features and depending on the research behind them, consensus and impact it has on the network it either gets approved or doesn't get included. IMO, ShortRingCCT should be included in BBR as a future milestone after the major issues with the DB have been fixed:

a) because its a massive improvement to the ring signatures  
b) because its a massive improvement to Confidential Transactions
c) it was developed by the Boolberry community not Monero or Bitcoin.
d) it's backed up by real academic research by leading cryptographers

All that said, as a Boolberry holders my team and I will continue to support Boolberry and Zoidberg's efforts here. I believe this community will be stronger united vs divided between forks. Our marketing team has a vested interest in the growth of Boolberry, so they will continue with their plans to market this project to the general public. Nothing against Zoidberg's marketing guy but I know our guys will get results and in this space you need to be a proactive holder if you want to grow your investments. Relying on external forces for results will yield disappointment.

We now have a modern foundation to build the community through communication and organization. Although we do need more activity on the official Twitter and a developer presence on Reddit.

So don't forget to join the conversation! We now have a bridge that connects Riot to IRC, Slack, Telegram, Discord, etc so regardless of which platform you prefer, the conversation will broadcast to all channels.

Riot:
https://riot.im/app/#/room/#boolberry:matrix.org

Telegram:
http://t.me/boolberry

Discord:
https://discord.gg/4zVZkZr

Slack:
https://boolberry.slack.com

IRC:
http://chat.freenode.net/?channels=boolberry
Hello. I am a guy with some programming skills in c++, visual studio and sql, and i wish to offer my assistance. Was thinking of starting my own cryptonote coin, already had the code ready, but the number of coins around is absurd. So, I thought, maybe someone else could use my assistance Smiley
I know you are working in teams, and probably in foreign languages, so maybe to start i could just tag along in the beginning. Want nothing, offering my time.
CZ
or anyone.

how do I extract my bbr password hash.
it looks like some people have this issue with bitcoin and there are some help for this
but I have found nothing regarding bbr.

thanks
Activity: 463
Merit: 256
Third, I personally consider bitcoin cash style hard forks a bad approach in general. That inflates the capitalization of new coin out of nowhere, basically making it a bubble and spoiling the idea of cryptocurrencies itself.
Zoidberg

so the hardfork will be or not?
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Any news on lite client and/or web wallet?
hi guys,

I am wondering if it is at all worth it to try and crack my honneypenny wallet.
I have aprox 40k honeypennies according to wallet log at last entry.
I am wondering if when the change occured to boolberry, did the number coins change. in otherwords, should I get access to these pennies, do I expec aprox 40k boolberries.
thanks.

Activity: 2
I forgot to enter Payment id. i have lost bbr  Sad Sad Sad someone help me
Activity: 29
Hello Dear Friends!

Perhaps you could notice a rise of activity around BBR during last months. Here we must give credit to  b4h4mu7 (https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/b4h4mu7-898973) who put a lot of efforts in promoting and enlisting at exchange platforms. He is by far the biggest contributor to BBR and eventually starting his own project, which is great. I wish him success with it.

I have a bit different opinion on some aspects of this new project though. I have reviewed it’s repository and have a few thoughts to share. First, as I can see it’s a copy of ByteCoin and I want to stress that ByteCoin core is incompatible with BBR. Besides the question why is it called a BBR fork then, I would suggest to choose another codebase, e.g. Monero which has stronger developer community. Second, as steps to improve the BBR I would focus on implementing a database first. That is critically important. Third, I personally consider bitcoin cash style hard forks a bad approach in general. That inflates the capitalization of new coin out of nowhere, basically making it a bubble and spoiling the idea of cryptocurrencies itself.

Since we touched this topic I would like to make an early statement. The official announcement is on the way still, but we have big plans for BBR improvement quiet soon. We will bring database, hybrid POS/POW transactions verification, multisig and few other cool features to the project. I will keep you posted with updates, but we already have a strong development and marketing team and look forward to upcoming changes.

Zoidberg

So for the non tech guys, what your saying is it would be better without the fork because the code that the new project is written in isn't going to be compatible? Hopefully you guys get the end user stuff worked out ie wallets and exchanges soon. IMO I think forks bring value/exposure to both assets and it gives those who believe in the underling technology a choice to invest in those with the best user outreach and consistency.   Cheesy
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Hello Dear Friends!

Perhaps you could notice a rise of activity around BBR during last months. Here we must give credit to  b4h4mu7 (https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/b4h4mu7-898973) who put a lot of efforts in promoting and enlisting at exchange platforms. He is by far the biggest contributor to BBR and eventually starting his own project, which is great. I wish him success with it.

Zoidberg
Any word on getting boolberry listed on additional exchanges? I have reached out to Kucoin and they have shared that no one is currently in contact with them.

#MakeBoolberryGreatAgain
Activity: 103
stocks.exchange
Withdraw BTC  Transaction Fee: 0.006 BTC

Poloniex
Withdraw BTC  Transaction Fee: 0.0002 BTC
Huh
ok. works great.

just one thing.
I forgot my honneypenny password AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

any suggestions out there on how I can recover my sweet sweet honey penny thanks.

I think I know what I might have used as password/s.
but I really cant hack my own wallet.

I think I have 49k honney pennies.

You can use hashcat services to brute force password, or if you have gpu farm, compile yourself the hashcat software to bruteforce the password, using 6 amd 7970 gpu can crack 8 letter password in 5 hours.

I will look into hashcat.
and my password is around 16 characters.
hope they dont charge much.
ok. works great.

just one thing.
I forgot my honneypenny password AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

any suggestions out there on how I can recover my sweet sweet honey penny thanks.

you sure? I get "failed to read wallet" on some compiles, try moving your wallet file and instead opening your wallet's .key file

this is the original honneypenny wallets.
i have bin file and key file.
the error is, wrong password. so I think there is no problem with the file itself.

@bb
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
ok. works great.

just one thing.

You can use hashcat services to brute force password, or if you have gpu farm, compile yourself the hashcat software to bruteforce the password, using 6 amd 7970 gpu can crack 8 letter password in 5 hours.
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
ok. works great.

just one thing.

you sure? I get "failed to read wallet" on some compiles, try moving your wallet file and instead opening your wallet's .key file
ok. works great.

just one thing.

Pages:
Jump to: