Pages:
Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 77. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 315
so,bittrex really delisted?

That's correct. Make sure you have a wallet installed locally so you have a place to store your funds. If you need any assistance let us know.

purchased all the boolberry I wanted and withdrew it

We'll be at 10 million valuation when relisted so thats an easy 400% gain.

clintar2's database almost works, we'll reach out to old exchanges again when thats done, and new exchanges while its in progress. this is the cheapest cryptonote coin

No offense, but you don't have the best credibility within this community. You promised a bunch of development and one year later the project is exactly where it was when you first got involved. The only thing that's changed is the ticker and that doesn't matter because in a few hours it won't be listed on any exchanges. You dipped out on the project as soon as it got delisted from Crapoliex, now you're doing the complete opposite when it gets delisted from Shittrex trying to pump it up.. It makes no sense.

Boolberry Network Address April 27th 2017

BOOLBERRY DELISTED FROM POLONIEX, BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NO LONGER INVOLVED

A liquid market for Boolberry is a prerequisite for my firm’s involvement, so with the delisting from Poloniex my firm won’t be involved until a liquid market forms elsewhere, currently this would be available on Bittrex and simply requires market participants to post liquidity there.

Changelly, Circle, and other OTC markets were candidates for a liquid secondary market on my firm’s amended roadmap, but the sunk cost risks and lack of liquidity is too great without an existing liquid market to properly align economic incentives.

Boolberry’s resource requirements continue to grow, and currently only Clintar2 is working on the lmdb implementation, alone - which would alleviate the resource requirements - but has repeatedly expressed the lack of available time to work on it due to life obligations.

Fluffypony made myself and Crypto_Zoidberg aware of a double spend vulnerability which affects all cryptonote coins. They have patched it on Monero a long time ago and plan to disclose it mid May.

Between these problems, the lack of support and consensus from the community, and lack of liquid market: good luck with Zoidberg!

The firm's commitment to cryptonote is unwavering, the portfolio will maintain positions in more liquid variants of cryptonote networks.

Blockchain Development Company’s public project has propelled its partnerships in key areas of the finance and blockchain sector, providing premier research to incumbents and funds seeking exposure to public blockchains, and has established relationships with representatives of Silicon Valley Bank, CME Group, Deloitte and various liquidity providers.

I’d personally like to thank trollbox for the inaccurate, humorous and free advertisements, there will be more projects the crypto community can get involved in.

The roadmap for Boolberry is clear, and you can carry the baton to complete it, as well.

Also, I know you received donations from rapeghost to the tune of 10BTC and I'm really interested to know where those funds went. Because I can't see any contributions worth 10BTC to any codebase that is related to Boolberry. One would assume 10BTC would of been enough to handle the db issues. I also don't know of any server costs that would amount to 10BTC unless it was spent on aws mining. Are you using those funds to buy Boolberry? Transparency would be nice since those funds were meant for development.

No they were not used to buy Boolberry, they went to development. Donated funds went to servers[1], social media outreach[2], ticker name change[3], and several devs[4]. Not everyone does bounties for pennies.

Translation: You spent the funds on hookers and blow.

In less than 4 hours BBR will be delisted from Shittrex.. Who bears the most responsibility? If you had done your job I wouldn't of had to step in. Coming into this project you understood what needed to be done and you either spent the funds on unnecessary costs or pocketed them. If you ever hope to have any shred of credibility in this community or the general crypto community for that matter, you should return the 10BTC to rapeghost. cz recently returned the 20,000BBR I sent him which at the time of the send was far greater than 10BTC rapeghost gave you, so I would expect you to do the same for rapeghost. cz didn't give me any excuses he said, "sure send address" and poof my funds were back. That's the sign of a credible person thats not out to scam anyone.

1 - Rapeghost owns a server hosting company. Why would he give you money to spend on servers when could spool them up himself or purchase them at a discount from one of his hosting partners?
> He gave you money for development. Not server hosting.

2 - I've spent money on social media campaigns for numerous projects. If you did spend that kind of money for social media outreach this thread would have over 1,000 pages. It doesn't seem like you understand user acquisition costs or product development cycles. Why would you spend money on social media outreach when the product wasn't ready for adoption? That's like Apple running commercials for the iPhone 9 when its still in R&D stages. It just doesn't happen.

3 - I know for a fact you didn't pay for ticker name change, so you're lying right there. Show me proof from Shittrex that you paid for a ticker name change.

4 - Where is the code they produced that amounts to 10BTC or even a fraction of that? As someone who has been in software development for years I know the costs of development first hand and I can tell you flat out that you didn't spend anywhere close to 10BTC or even 1BTC on development.

The mismanagement of the donations you received is directly responsible for Boolberry's current state of affairs. There is nobody else here to blame aside for the exchanges and their lack of transparency. While the exchanges definitely have a part to play, you are also responsible. If the db issue is truly the reasoning for delisting then the blame is set squarely on you for not delivering. The community put their faith in you by donating to you and you squandered the funds on irrelevant costs. Now that I know you've taken up a position in this project, maybe I'll launch our work as a separate project, unless you're willing to return the funds to rapeghost.

We were already thinking of launching it as a separate project, given the lack of funds we've received from this community. But maybe they're not to blame. Maybe they're too shy to donate since the last time they did, it didn't produce anything of value. If you want to right your wrong, get a hold of rapeghost and return his funds to him. Until then, we'll decide the best way to proceed with our work.
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor

That's correct. Make sure you have a wallet installed locally so you have a place to store your funds. If you need any assistance let us know.

clintar2's database almost works, we'll reach out to old exchanges again when thats done, and new exchanges while its in progress. this is the cheapest cryptonote coin

No offense, but you don't have the best credibility within this community. You promised a bunch of development and one year later the project is exactly where it was when you first got involved. The only thing that's changed is the ticker and that doesn't matter because in a few hours it won't be listed on any exchanges. You dipped out on the project as soon as it got delisted from Crapoliex, now you're doing the complete opposite when it gets delisted from Shittrex trying to pump it up.. It makes no sense.

BOOLBERRY DELISTED FROM POLONIEX, BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NO LONGER INVOLVED

A liquid market for Boolberry is a prerequisite for my firm’s involvement, so with the delisting from Poloniex my firm won’t be involved until a liquid market forms elsewhere, currently this would be available on Bittrex and simply requires market participants to post liquidity there.

Changelly, Circle, and other OTC markets were candidates for a liquid secondary market on my firm’s amended roadmap, but the sunk cost risks and lack of liquidity is too great without an existing liquid market to properly align economic incentives.

Boolberry’s resource requirements continue to grow, and currently only Clintar2 is working on the lmdb implementation, alone - which would alleviate the resource requirements - but has repeatedly expressed the lack of available time to work on it due to life obligations.

Fluffypony made myself and Crypto_Zoidberg aware of a double spend vulnerability which affects all cryptonote coins. They have patched it on Monero a long time ago and plan to disclose it mid May.

Between these problems, the lack of support and consensus from the community, and lack of liquid market: good luck with Zoidberg!

The firm's commitment to cryptonote is unwavering, the portfolio will maintain positions in more liquid variants of cryptonote networks.

Blockchain Development Company’s public project has propelled its partnerships in key areas of the finance and blockchain sector, providing premier research to incumbents and funds seeking exposure to public blockchains, and has established relationships with representatives of Silicon Valley Bank, CME Group, Deloitte and various liquidity providers.

I’d personally like to thank trollbox for the inaccurate, humorous and free advertisements, there will be more projects the crypto community can get involved in.

The roadmap for Boolberry is clear, and you can carry the baton to complete it, as well.

Also, I know you received donations from rapeghost to the tune of 10BTC and I'm really interested to know where those funds went. Because I can't see any contributions worth 10BTC to any codebase that is related to Boolberry. One would assume 10BTC would of been enough to handle the db issues. I also don't know of any server costs that would amount to 10BTC unless it was spent on aws mining. Are you using those funds to buy Boolberry? Transparency would be nice since those funds were meant for development.

Clintar isn't using the changes to the boolberry codebase that did happen, which are mostly around RPC functions. Its all open source, entertain yourself by synthesizing information based on available sources instead of the mixture of inaccuracy on the forums, aren't you coding now or something?

No they were not used to buy Boolberry, they went to development. Donated funds went to servers, social media outreach, ticker name change, and several devs. Not everyone does bounties for pennies. We went over this in PM. I asked you to be part of a multisignature address specifically for donated funds and approving costs, and you respond 6 months later about the lack of transparency. Yeah that ship has sailed, those funds were spent. Re-read all my bi-weekly reports, which were merely a courtesy, while people hampered the project's growth day in and day out. The bi-weeklies talk about the several processes we tried to create around using donation funds before moving forward with spending them.

Boolberry is undervalued right now. I bought it. I bragged about it. Next!

Not everything worked out that I wanted (the server host is flaky, the reddit redesign didn't pan out because those designers disappeared, etc), it has still been a wild success for my companies, what is hard to understand about that. Everyone loves the activist investing approach, its like the Berkshire Hathaway of Cryptocurrency. If some failing project doesn't actually work because the community fights over dumb irrelevant shit, well thats just one part of the portfolio (other communities are begging for someone to have a direction on their cryptocoin), and if that same failing project sells off 75% because of a silly fixable reason again (and my team has already done all the research), well thats a good buy again.

If I get stuck with an illiquid purchase then I'll do what I can to help fix the market inefficiencies by fixing the coding inefficiencies whether I personally do it or not. Its not that controversial.

Activist Investor

Activity: 463
Merit: 256
Activist Investor
Forget Bittrex

All of these exchanges have so many crazy things going on behind the scenes. Did you read the BTC-E indictment? The behind the scenes madness is all connected going back to the earliest defunct exchanges like Bitcoinica, and incompetence and poor customer is merely the tip of the iceberg.

This is a red herring to the viability of this project. The database is all that matters.
There is no real issue. It's inside trading.

I have a long "conversation" showing that they are lying and invoking false reasons, this before they threatened to ban me from slack (general) - they kicked me from customer support a day before.

Complaints are not enough.

Welcome to the club. Care to elaborate on the inside trading claims? I have a strong feeling they were the ones that dumped Boolberry down to 1980, only a full investigation will be able to confirm my suspicions.

Complaints don't seem to be enough, neither do genuine inquires on how to address their concerns.. They most likely want to extort this community for delist reversal fee. The best thing anyone can do is boycott their exchange and let their friends know to do the same. We're making these guys rich, meanwhile they're shitting on their customers.
sad news about bittrex... thought they were better than this.
A delisting reason is essential.
How can we really fix this issue if we dont know the issue?

Seems ill have a bunch off bbr stuck on polo and now the rest on trex since there is no other exchange to hold it on.

It is a backwards policy and will lead to their undoing. Crypto is a self-regulated ecosystem and if we all want it to stay like that, these services need to be more transparent about their actions or else some government agency will end up stepping in to do it for them. Be that SEC or whatever agency handles these sort of concerns for investors. These markets aren't flower stands anymore.

Why not hold your funds locally? Keeping funds on an exchange for a prolonged period is never a good idea.

We need concerted effort to get Poloniex to release the Boolberry they have held hostage for going on 9 months now.. Some had their frozen in January others have been unable to withdraw since the delisting.. To whom can we turn for recourse? Did anyone have any luck reaching out to OldManKidd on IRC? Do they have a slack support channel? I have multiple people messaging me asking for help to get their funds off there. I was able to get mine off Poloniex by messaging him in the trollbox, but that isn't around anymore. Any suggestions? Someone in the community suggested a class action lawsuit although I'm no attorney, from what I can tell there is some grounds for legal action because the frozen funds have prevented investors from trading and that constitutes a loss of income. We should be able to resolve this without resorting to legal action against them but who knows.. these exchanges seem to be ran by monkeys who give no fucks about their customers.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/poloniex-to-delist-17-altcoins-in-may-without-explanation
Activity: 261
There is no real issue. It's inside trading.

I have a long "conversation" showing that they are lying and invoking false reasons, this before they threatened to ban me from slack (general) - they kicked me from customer support a day before.

Complaints are not enough.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
what combined pressure can we put on bittrex to keep bbr?

can we ask them to at least relist us for 100% certain if we get the database going?

If they issue a public statement to that effect that would be very useful.

also polo has held my bbr hostage for weeks and weeks I have withdrawals ordered and they never release them.

I reached out to Bittrex in July with no response. I reached out to them after the delisting notice and they kicked me out of the support channel. They responded by posting their guidelines here on a sockpuppet account. It's clear they don't have any intention of reversing the delist. There's no transparency with either them or Poloniex. Boolberry and Bytecoin were just delisted from Cryptopia but at least they were transparent about delisting and gave reasoning.. something Bittrex can learn from otherwise they will be losing a lot of customers. In the past, Bittrex staff were friendly and supportive of cryptocurrency communities. As soon as the volume from Poloniex started migrating over there they changed their attitudes. I believe its has gone to their heads. I also regret promoting them to my fellow traders over the years. But in the end, nothing lasts forever and exchanges come and go like the wind. They'll be no different than Mt Gox, Mintpal or Poloniex.

Besides Bittrex is a broken exchange anyways. Their charts don't work and the design looks like its from 2001. If they don't care enough to keep their site modern, their charts working or their order depths functional - how can anyone anyone expect them to care about other projects and their communities?

I also think they're a bit shady on the same lines as Poloniex. I have a strong feeling they were responsible for the flash crash that happened a week before the delisting announcement. The coin was on an upward trend and someone dumped it down to 1980 Satoshi. I was trying to figure out who would dump all the way down with no negative news about the project then it all started to make sense to me when the delisting was announced. If I remember correctly the same flash crash happened about a week before Poloniex announced they were delisting Boolberry.

As stated earlier, while I don't believe we need anymore government involvement in cryptocurrency, the actions of these U.S. exchanges really leave investors with no other recourse but to file formal complaints against them. You aren't the only one with funds stuck on Poloniex. There are others in this community that have the same problem. Between knowingly taking advantage of buy support to dump their holdings before delisting announcement, crashing markets with unwarranted delisting and freezing withdrawals for months, I bet the SEC would have a field day with these clowns.

There should be a standard enforced:

A) Reach out to a community publicly to voice their concerns
B) Give said community time to resolve any issues
C) If the community doesn't resolve said issues in allotted timeframe the coin is delisted

Instead, we have a bunch of insiders crashing markets and profiting off the ignorance of investors. These guys don't know anything about running a business. They might be great technical guys and are able to provide security for their platform but when it comes to customer support and retention these guys are literally amateurs.

sad news about bittrex... thought they were better than this.
A delisting reason is essential.
How can we really fix this issue if we dont know the issue?

Seems ill have a bunch off bbr stuck on polo and now the rest on trex since there is no other exchange to hold it on.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Some good points there b4h4mu7!

I vote for SEC interferance about the taking advantage on trades when uptrending and finishing it with delisting with no warning.

Why do you two think the SEC would be involved?

The SEC isn't a "trading police", they are a securities police. Boolberry isn't a security so even if they went after Bittrex for trading and manipulating some of the projects that are securities-like, they wouldn't even be able to launch a case about what happens in the Boolberry market.

Lets nip this strange misconception in the bud right now.

I know, little hate came out of me, because BREX playing "god" not answering at all and delisting at a time when BB made uptrend moves, not giving any guidelines, no help, no cooperation, ...
Activity: 226
Merit: 10

can we ask them to at least relist us for 100% certain if we get the database going?

also polo has held my bbr hostage for weeks and weeks I have withdrawals ordered and they never release them.

I reached out to Bittrex in July with no response. I reached out to them after the delisting notice and they kicked me out of the support channel. They responded by posting their guidelines here on a sockpuppet account. It's clear they don't have any intention of reversing the delist. There's no transparency with either them or Poloniex. Boolberry and Bytecoin were just delisted from Cryptopia but at least they were transparent about delisting and gave reasoning.. something Bittrex can learn from otherwise they will be losing a lot of customers. In the past, Bittrex staff were friendly and supportive of cryptocurrency communities. As soon as the volume from Poloniex started migrating over there they changed their attitudes. I believe its has gone to their heads. I also regret promoting them to my fellow traders over the years. But in the end, nothing lasts forever and exchanges come and go like the wind. They'll be no different than Mt Gox, Mintpal or Poloniex.

Besides Bittrex is a broken exchange anyways. Their charts don't work and the design looks like its from 2001. If they don't care enough to keep their site modern, their charts working or their order depths functional - how can anyone anyone expect them to care about other projects and their communities?

I also think they're a bit shady on the same lines as Poloniex. I have a strong feeling they were responsible for the flash crash that happened a week before the delisting announcement. The coin was on an upward trend and someone dumped it down to 1980 Satoshi. I was trying to figure out who would dump all the way down with no negative news about the project then it all started to make sense to me when the delisting was announced. If I remember correctly the same flash crash happened about a week before Poloniex announced they were delisting Boolberry.

As stated earlier, while I don't believe we need anymore government involvement in cryptocurrency, the actions of these U.S. exchanges really leave investors with no other recourse but to file formal complaints against them. You aren't the only one with funds stuck on Poloniex. There are others in this community that have the same problem. Between knowingly taking advantage of buy support to dump their holdings before delisting announcement, crashing markets with unwarranted delisting and freezing withdrawals for months, I bet the SEC would have a field day with these clowns.

C) If the community doesn't resolve said issues in allotted timeframe the coin is delisted

Instead, we have a bunch of insiders crashing markets and profiting off the ignorance of investors. These guys don't know anything about running a business. They might be great technical guys and are able to provide security for their platform but when it comes to customer support and retention these guys are literally amateurs.

I think that Boolberry's community should find new exchange trading. Ex. Livecoin.net etc.
Boolberry coin have good potential. I love Boolberry coin.
Activist Investor

I vote for SEC interferance about the taking advantage on trades when uptrending and finishing it with delisting with no warning.

Why do you two think the SEC would be involved?

The SEC isn't a "trading police", they are a securities police. Boolberry isn't a security so even if they went after Bittrex for trading and manipulating some of the projects that are securities-like, they wouldn't even be able to launch a case about what happens in the Boolberry market.

Lets nip this strange misconception in the bud right now.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0

I vote for SEC interferance about the taking advantage on trades when uptrending and finishing it with delisting with no warning. Playing stupid. I wrote to the them 1 week ago, more than 3 long messages and no answer. I think its time to take action against fraud. Playing gods on exchange information, destroying others. If delisting happens we need an answer.

Made a simple thread for Freewallet Boolberry android app, if interested take a vote for it (its free and i like the freewallet app, usefull to store a buck): https://freewallet.org/vote   

Activity: 520
Merit: 253
I thought it was interesting that they are delisting BBR, but not delisting AEON, even though AEON wallet has been in maintenance mode for going on three months now and from intermittent checking it seemed like volume wasn't that dissimilar.
Good point, especially since Aeon has exactly the same database issue as BBR (and they are also working on a LMDB solution).
I thought it was interesting that they are delisting BBR, but not delisting AEON, even though AEON wallet has been in maintenance mode for going on three months now and from intermittent checking it seemed like volume wasn't that dissimilar.

Full disclosure: I don't hold any boolberry anymore, and do have some aeons.

Maybe they are waiting for their AEON sell orders to trigger. It seems that right when BBR hit 20k Satoshi it triggered the delisting announcement and immediately reversed the uptrend into a downtrend.

BTW: It's ok, if you're not holding boolberry anymore. We're all crypto enthusiasts and we have a vested interest in the general well being of the space.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Full disclosure: I don't hold any boolberry anymore, and do have some aeons.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Activist Investor
Yeah, I'm buying.

Monero's mempool is full in periods of newfound interest, and no real scaling solution is available on any cryptonote roadmap just yet. Opaque transactions can flow into other cryptonote coins. Just like when litecoin was being used while bitcoin's transaction backlog grew.

Another year, another bullish case, and Monero is even further ahead in valuation showing the potential growth of the cryptonote space.

There are many people that don't want to touch bytecoin, and it is still amateur hour in XDN with very opaque development.

Boolberry? Yeah we need to get organized. We also don't need a 2 million valuation, its still the database issue.

Everything from my year-old boolberry roadmap is still relevant, but other people (clintar2) are working on the database issue first and I'm not involved. Boolberry has largely missed the growth in altcoins, but the community is able to stay involved and find liquidity, and we can do it again.

The story is here, and these current prices are from delisting news only. HitBTC and other exchanges are going to happen, we'll make our own exchange if we have to, even IOTA has their own exchange - necessary for US customers after bitfinex kicks them out - and they have a massive valuation. Boolberry hasn't traded at this few satoshis for a long time.

I wonder how much 1% of all Boolberry would cost these days.
Pages:
Jump to: