Pages:
Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 72. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
That brings me to another thing:

clintar2 and occasionally another dev is adding improvements to Boolberry's code base. Whether it is accessibility functions for being added to exchanges or the LMDB improvements

while b4h4mu7 is working with a parallel set of developers on a private repository that forks off of bytecoin, with the possibility of a coinswap to make this compatible, instead of merging the code base with Boolberry's existing code

[1]am I understanding this correctly? These are two parallel things?

Bytecoin uses RocksDB IIRC, while Monero went with the LMDB direction.[2] Since these can be stark differences, amongst others, is there intended to be any cross drift in the commits being done between repositories?

[1]Somewhat.

Clintar is no longer working on his LMDB code. At this point it doesn't make any sense to commit resources to the old codebase given the amount of work we're putting into the new one. The other developer you're speaking of, face, only took a break from the new codebase to make necessary API requirements so trading could resume for Boolberry. In hindsight, part of that effort turned out to be a waste of dev time since Hitbtc attempted to extort us for more funds. On the bright side Bisq.io will be adding BBR soon as a result of more recent improvements.

Since the developers are being paid in BBR it makes sense they have access to liquidity if they need to pay bills. I've been supplying them with BTC as they need it to manage the situation.

Regarding LMDB and RocksDB: We're doing extensive profiling between the two concepts and at the moment RocksDB is outperforming LMDB. We're still making optimizations to see if LMDB is worth making the switch. There are also other potential candidates for future profiling, most notably NuDB used by Ripple and SimDB. Ironically, Ripple was using RocksDB until they ran into scaling issues that made them create NuDB. The drawback is that its SSD only so users without SSD would need to revert back to RocksDB as is the case with Ripple or LMDB if that optimization proves otherwise.

https://github.com/vinniefalco/NuDB
https://github.com/LiveAsynchronousVisualizedArchitecture/simdb

[2] Cryptonote 2.0 codebase has been completely refactored from the original Bytecoin 1.0 (AEON, BBR, XMR, etc). So bringing in commits cross stream is no trivial task since essentially they are two separate projects. It's doable, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So, what do you want to do?

All of the aliased addresses on Boolberry's chain will be gone, do you want to import that feature? It has kind of half baked tying an alias to a block.

Do you want to import the dev tax?

The peculiarities around Boolberry's scaling "solution"?

or just relaunch a new cryptonote fork and do the swap, and start developing more from there

There are still bunches of things a cryptonote coin can do that others are not doing, to make it stand out
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
Does BBR have a lite wallet, or web wallet yet?

Can the client be connected to a remote node like XMR?
Activity: 337
Merit: 315

clintar2 and occasionally another dev is adding improvements to Boolberry's code base. Whether it is accessibility functions for being added to exchanges or the LMDB improvements

while b4h4mu7 is working with a parallel set of developers on a private repository that forks off of bytecoin, with the possibility of a coinswap to make this compatible, instead of merging the code base with Boolberry's existing code

[1]am I understanding this correctly? These are two parallel things?

Bytecoin uses RocksDB IIRC, while Monero went with the LMDB direction.[2] Since these can be stark differences, amongst others, is there intended to be any cross drift in the commits being done between repositories?

[1]Somewhat.

Clintar is no longer working on his LMDB code. At this point it doesn't make any sense to commit resources to the old codebase given the amount of work we're putting into the new one. The other developer you're speaking of, face, only took a break from the new codebase to make necessary API requirements so trading could resume for Boolberry. In hindsight, part of that effort turned out to be a waste of dev time since Hitbtc attempted to extort us for more funds. On the bright side Bisq.io will be adding BBR soon as a result of more recent improvements.

Since the developers are being paid in BBR it makes sense they have access to liquidity if they need to pay bills. I've been supplying them with BTC as they need it to manage the situation.

Regarding LMDB and RocksDB: We're doing extensive profiling between the two concepts and at the moment RocksDB is outperforming LMDB. We're still making optimizations to see if LMDB is worth making the switch. There are also other potential candidates for future profiling, most notably NuDB used by Ripple and SimDB. Ironically, Ripple was using RocksDB until they ran into scaling issues that made them create NuDB. The drawback is that its SSD only so users without SSD would need to revert back to RocksDB as is the case with Ripple or LMDB if that optimization proves otherwise.

https://github.com/vinniefalco/NuDB
https://github.com/LiveAsynchronousVisualizedArchitecture/simdb

[2] Cryptonote 2.0 codebase has been completely refactored from the original Bytecoin 1.0 (AEON, BBR, XMR, etc). So bringing in commits cross stream is no trivial task since essentially they are two separate projects. It's doable, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Activist Investor

am I understanding this correctly? These are two parallel things?

Bytecoin uses RocksDB IIRC, while Monero went with the LMDB direction. Since these can be stark differences, amongst others, is there intended to be any cross drift in the commits being done between repositories?
Activist Investor
Very curious about the coinswap, I can agree that a hardfork can be difficult to pull off properly

How would you do a transparent coinswap of a cryptonote coin? I don't think you can do this purely on-chain, may need a google form or API to keep track of recipients and their payments.

Talking this through I guess you could use the payment ID field and publish the viewkey so people could match up transactions
Activity: 906
Merit: 500
Development Update:

Some are wondering why the Boolberry codebase hasn't had much improvements over the last 5 months. It's because we've been working on a separate codebase. In the spirit of transparency, I want to reiterate the development plans for this project in case anyone overlooked my commitment to this project. Back in June, I informed everyone I would be building a team to take this project to the next level and over the last 5 months we've been getting closer to that goal.

Development Progress Update:

As some of you may know, I donated 20,000 Boolberry to zoidberg for development during the last major growth cycle but the donations didn't end up going towards development. After 6 months of waiting and some research I've decided to take a more hands-on approach to reviving this project in a direction that will benefit everyone in the shortest period of time.

I've managed to secure a senior level C++ developer to contribute to the project full-time. Our first major milestone will be merging the Bytecoin codebase with Boolberry's to bring it up to date with the advancements made over the years. In my view, the combination of Boolberry's unique features like its hashing algorithm, blockchain bloat reduction and privacy improvements along with Bytecoin 2.0's vast array of performance, usability and stability improvements will position Boolberry as the most advanced and efficient Cyptonote project.

In addition to the code merge, Clintar2 is working on his LMDB integration which is now in a working state. His LMDB work will eventually replace our RocksDB implementation when the update goes live.

I've had cordial exchanges with both crypto_zoidberg and clintar2; neither of whom have shown any reserves about this proposal. I'm funding this project by myself so I would appreciate any donations from the community as everyone here will be benefitting from the overall growth of the project.

Donations: 1FB1xJe7suSN6QW1x2Yt2X5YPGpRNDzeyLMdDyDEg8tictHPYEaRSXFUqjwU85wUt41pDPnJdeGYy9t 8e3MzqRn29tTo33E

Development:

As stated in June, our plan was to work off the Bytecoin 2.0 codebase and from there bring in the unique BBR properties. We chose Bytecoin because it's closest thing to vanilla Cryptonote and despite its shady history it has a lot of features that aren't present in other CN projects. It also gives us room to make improvements without many moving parts.

That said, what initially began as a fix for the DB issue, soon spiraled into a full blown R&D project. Our team identified multiple areas across the protocol that needed improvements and have been working towards that goal. It's safe to say, we are on the very bleeding edge of this technology and it will be the biggest release for any CN project since 2014; reestablishing this project as the benchmark CN project for the foreseeable future.

Funding:

Over the last 5 months, I've funded this project without any support from investors. I've mostly compensated contributors in BBR(XBB) but also BTC as needed (due to the lack of liquidity from exchange delisting). I've only received a small amount of donations totaling around 300BBR and .1BTC. That said, the team has grown to 10 developers, 5 cryptographers, 2 graphics designers and other contributors working on the project in a private repository. Cryptozoidberg has been working with us in an advisory position due to his current development obligations. As his schedule permits he will eventually be able to join our efforts full time. Despite some of your feelings towards Cryptozoidberg, he is a great asset to this project and his knowledge of CN is deeper than anyone else on this forum. In that sense he is the Satoshi of CN.

Coinswap

The delisting from the exchanges came at an unfortunate time. I tried getting the project re-listed on other exchanges, even willing to spend my own coin to achieve this but at the end of the day they (Hitbtc) only wasted our time by trying to extort 12 more BTC for a listing.. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as some users there are reporting multiple issues like funds stolen despite 2FA and other withdrawal issues.

The idea of a coinswap arose a few months ago as both a solution to adopting the new codebase and a way to establish a project development fund. The exchange situation made the idea of a coinswap more appealing given the amount of work involved with a hardfork. This means less funds are on centralized exchanges making a coinswap easier to facilitate. While details still need to be ironed out, it will most likely involve some portion of the swap going into a development fund managed by the dev team to make sure there is continued sustainability on that front given the size and scope of the project. While I would love to fund this project until the end of time, it's only fair to spread this burden across the entire community.

Short Term roadmap:

In the future, we will be revealing more details about the coinswap, the project and the new team. We'll also be releasing multiple white papers justifying the changes we've made to various aspects of the protocol. We still have a lot of testing and profiling to do before we can move towards a release. In the meantime, if you have funds on Bittrex or Poloniex please do your best to withdraw them if you plan participating in the coinswap. Bisq.io is in the process of adding a pairing so for those that want to trade support them by donating and using their platform. For now, all we can say is stay tuned for future announcements regarding the project.

I'll say it in simple words, this is one of the best thing i've seen in crypto since awhile!   Pure genius!  Now you got my attention for sure!
Development Update:

Some are wondering why the Boolberry codebase hasn't had much improvements over the last 5 months. It's because we've been working on a separate codebase. In the spirit of transparency, I want to reiterate the development plans for this project in case anyone overlooked my commitment to this project. Back in June, I informed everyone I would be building a team to take this project to the next level and over the last 5 months we've been getting closer to that goal.

Development Progress Update:

As some of you may know, I donated 20,000 Boolberry to zoidberg for development during the last major growth cycle but the donations didn't end up going towards development. After 6 months of waiting and some research I've decided to take a more hands-on approach to reviving this project in a direction that will benefit everyone in the shortest period of time.

I've managed to secure a senior level C++ developer to contribute to the project full-time. Our first major milestone will be merging the Bytecoin codebase with Boolberry's to bring it up to date with the advancements made over the years. In my view, the combination of Boolberry's unique features like its hashing algorithm, blockchain bloat reduction and privacy improvements along with Bytecoin 2.0's vast array of performance, usability and stability improvements will position Boolberry as the most advanced and efficient Cyptonote project.

In addition to the code merge, Clintar2 is working on his LMDB integration which is now in a working state. His LMDB work will eventually replace our RocksDB implementation when the update goes live.

I've had cordial exchanges with both crypto_zoidberg and clintar2; neither of whom have shown any reserves about this proposal. I'm funding this project by myself so I would appreciate any donations from the community as everyone here will be benefitting from the overall growth of the project.

Donations: 1FB1xJe7suSN6QW1x2Yt2X5YPGpRNDzeyLMdDyDEg8tictHPYEaRSXFUqjwU85wUt41pDPnJdeGYy9t 8e3MzqRn29tTo33E

Development:

As stated in June, our plan was to work off the Bytecoin 2.0 codebase and from there bring in the unique BBR properties. We chose Bytecoin because it's closest thing to vanilla Cryptonote and despite its shady history it has a lot of features that aren't present in other CN projects. It also gives us room to make improvements without many moving parts.

That said, what initially began as a fix for the DB issue, soon spiraled into a full blown R&D project. Our team identified multiple areas across the protocol that needed improvements and have been working towards that goal. It's safe to say, we are on the very bleeding edge of this technology and it will be the biggest release for any CN project since 2014; reestablishing this project as the benchmark CN project for the foreseeable future.

Funding:

Over the last 5 months, I've funded this project without any support from investors. I've mostly compensated contributors in BBR(XBB) but also BTC as needed (due to the lack of liquidity from exchange delisting). I've only received a small amount of donations totaling around 300BBR and .1BTC. That said, the team has grown to 10 developers, 5 cryptographers, 2 graphics designers and other contributors working on the project in a private repository. Cryptozoidberg has been working with us in an advisory position due to his current development obligations. As his schedule permits he will eventually be able to join our efforts full time. Despite some of your feelings towards Cryptozoidberg, he is a great asset to this project and his knowledge of CN is deeper than anyone else on this forum. In that sense he is the Satoshi of CN.

Coinswap

The delisting from the exchanges came at an unfortunate time. I tried getting the project re-listed on other exchanges, even willing to spend my own coin to achieve this but at the end of the day they (Hitbtc) only wasted our time by trying to extort 12 more BTC for a listing.. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as some users there are reporting multiple issues like funds stolen despite 2FA and other withdrawal issues.

The idea of a coinswap arose a few months ago as both a solution to adopting the new codebase and a way to establish a project development fund. The exchange situation made the idea of a coinswap more appealing given the amount of work involved with a hardfork. This means less funds are on centralized exchanges making a coinswap easier to facilitate. While details still need to be ironed out, it will most likely involve some portion of the swap going into a development fund managed by the dev team to make sure there is continued sustainability on that front given the size and scope of the project. While I would love to fund this project until the end of time, it's only fair to spread this burden across the entire community.

Short Term roadmap:

In the future, we will be revealing more details about the coinswap, the project and the new team. We'll also be releasing multiple white papers justifying the changes we've made to various aspects of the protocol. We still have a lot of testing and profiling to do before we can move towards a release. In the meantime, if you have funds on Bittrex or Poloniex please do your best to withdraw them if you plan participating in the coinswap. Bisq.io is in the process of adding a pairing so for those that want to trade support them by donating and using their platform. For now, all we can say is stay tuned for future announcements regarding the project.
Hi, I've got a windows binary compiled that has the transaction key checking up at https://github.com/clintar/boolberry/releases/tag/v0.3a

To use the functionality, you need to be running a version of the wallet that has support for tx_key checking when making a transaction. Then to get the tx_key so that you can prove you sent it, you run
Code:
./simplewallet get_tx_key [transaction_hash]
which will give you a transaction key.
You can use the https://keycheck.mining.blue site to check or run from any wallet that supports the functionality. And run
Code:
./simplewallet check_tx_key [transaction_hash] [transaction_key] [recipient_address]
where the recipient address is the address you sent to. There is not any way to do this from gui yet. I'll be providing other binaries at that link, too.
  check_tx_key            Check amount going to
in
  get_tx_key              Get transaction key (r) for a given

Thanks alot clintar, glad to see this project is still alive and well!  I'm gonna keep a close eye to it!  See you on slack!
Activity: 202
Merit: 104
Hi, I've got a windows binary compiled that has the transaction key checking up at https://github.com/clintar/boolberry/releases/tag/v0.3a

To use the functionality, you need to be running a version of the wallet that has support for tx_key checking when making a transaction. Then to get the tx_key so that you can prove you sent it, you run
Code:
./simplewallet get_tx_key [transaction_hash]
which will give you a transaction key.
You can use the https://keycheck.mining.blue site to check or run from any wallet that supports the functionality. And run
Code:
./simplewallet check_tx_key [transaction_hash] [transaction_key] [recipient_address]
where the recipient address is the address you sent to. There is not any way to do this from gui yet. I'll be providing other binaries at that link, too.
  check_tx_key            Check amount going to
in
  get_tx_key              Get transaction key (r) for a given
Activist Investor
Exchange Update:

Cryptozoidberg has reviewed the code and merged the PR into the main repo (https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commit/8ecc5fcbcb9f12b4484e842c093172c81541c10b). Clintar is building an arbitration tool for the code then Boolberry should be up and running on bisq.io in no time.

Vadym, the CEO from https://stocks.exchange/ is adding a BBR pair. We'll update everyone as soon as it's online. Stocks.exchange is a relatively new exchange, so take that into consideration.

Who is the developer? I checked out their github repo and they could really help propel this project!
Activist Investor
Great to see the collaborative effort

Hoping in the future to help support some of the paid relistings, or purchase more Boolberry over the counter
Is there still a way to buy some BBR somewhere?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Exchange Update:

Cryptozoidberg has reviewed the code and merged the PR into the main repo (https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commit/8ecc5fcbcb9f12b4484e842c093172c81541c10b). Clintar is building an arbitration tool for the code then Boolberry should be up and running on bisq.io in no time.

Vadym, the CEO from https://stocks.exchange/ is adding a BBR pair. We'll update everyone as soon as it's online. Stocks.exchange is a relatively new exchange, so take that into consideration.

Clintar has finished work on the arbitration tool (https://keycheck.mining.blue). We're just waiting for bisq.io integration and Boolberry trading can resume. If anyone wants to follow progress here is the link: https://forum.bisq.io/t/request-boolberry-bbr/651

In the meantime you will need to compile the latest source from https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry for the new functionality to work. If you use an old version of the wallet it wont generate the viewkey.

All sounds quite promising Smiley
Exchange Update:

Clintar has finished work on the arbitration tool (https://keycheck.mining.blue). We're just waiting for bisq.io integration and Boolberry trading can resume. If anyone wants to follow progress here is the link: https://forum.bisq.io/t/request-boolberry-bbr/651

In the meantime you will need to compile the latest source from https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry for the new functionality to work. If you use an old version of the wallet it wont generate the viewkey.
How about cryptopia or nova both of those work well.

Cryptopia it's look like 25 000$

what? thats a lot. Anyone have the username on here of cryptopia owner?

Cryptopia delisted boolberry 9/15/2017, they had the wallet in maintenance mode for months (no direct deposit or withdrawls of bbr).  Found this article recently too: https://thecryptopapers.com/2017/09/01/poloniex-v-cryptopia/

The following was Cryptopia's response to my ticket (it was still listed as xbb on bittrex):

Sender: Jawa  8/15/2017

Thanks for your reply.

Our investigation has shown that Boolberry currently has no working block explorer, it's not listed on any other exchanges, and no longer has an active dev team, but someone does appear to be mining it.

If you were able to sync up a wallet to the same node that Cryptopia is syncing to, and get to the same block height, then there is a chance that you’d be able to withdraw your coins. If you have trouble syncing, we might be able to find this node for you.

All I can really recommend in this situation is to sync up the wallet and give the withdrawal another try. We aren't delisting Boolberry for another 30 days.

I apologise any inconvenience that this may cause, and appreciate your understanding with this scenario. I'll leave this ticket open in case you had any further questions.

Kind regards,

Cryptopia Support

Cryptopia's investigation wasn't that thorough. We've had explorer.mining.blue/en/ up since July.

I have my block explorer up and running at http://explorer.mining.blue. It's still in development so don't trust it to be giving accurate info, but I figure it's something at least for now. Please help by letting me know of anything that seems off so I can fix it. It's based on code written for Karbowanec and I've attempted to make equivalent rpc calls in boolberry to get it working here, but unsure about how I've translated some of that.

If they are having issues with a project they should of reached out to the community here. It's as simple as making a post, "Hey we're having an issue with [blank]. Can you resolve the issue? If not, we're going to delist the project."

Communication between vendors (coin projects) and businesses (exchanges) is a basic fundamental of any business ecosystem. They want $25,000 to relist BBR? Is that fee going towards the CEO's business school tuition?
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Oh i saw Tidex site and a ban, WD immediately. What a crap, didt think it will bother them so much but obviously your contribution made some to think and price to plummet. Still nice talking live there.
Exchange Update:

Activity: 76

Cryptopia delisted boolberry 9/15/2017, they had the wallet in maintenance mode for months (no direct deposit or withdrawls of bbr).  Found this article recently too: https://thecryptopapers.com/2017/09/01/poloniex-v-cryptopia/

The following was Cryptopia's response to my ticket (it was still listed as xbb on bittrex):

Thanks for your reply.

Our investigation has shown that Boolberry currently has no working block explorer, it's not listed on any other exchanges, and no longer has an active dev team, but someone does appear to be mining it.

If you were able to sync up a wallet to the same node that Cryptopia is syncing to, and get to the same block height, then there is a chance that you’d be able to withdraw your coins. If you have trouble syncing, we might be able to find this node for you.

All I can really recommend in this situation is to sync up the wallet and give the withdrawal another try. We aren't delisting Boolberry for another 30 days.

I apologise any inconvenience that this may cause, and appreciate your understanding with this scenario. I'll leave this ticket open in case you had any further questions.

Kind regards,

Cryptopia Support

Its quite interesting how centralised exchanges have a urge of "protection" their clients from having sorts of they call "anomaly" in working coins. Since they had a problem with not enough interest to check how to "sync wallet" (though it should be exact written on boolbery site),

"active dev team" - the delivery part should matter, here i think BBR is infront from many coins listed on cryptopia (though it has no employed dev team from ICO, which BTW can wanish after better money quite fast), my opinion here is that BBR or any crypto, should be also a little driven by passion

At least you got some decent response from exchange.

Here is mine, took them "extreme response" mere fast only a fraction of time 14 days, from our mama and papa BIGALLMIGHTY BITTREX, on a detailed question, why and how can be delisting solved in staying:

Julian Yap   
Julian Yap (Bittrex Support)
Sep 6, 18:18 PDT

XBB has been delisted. Thanks.

Follow us on Twitter @ https[Suspicious link removed]xchange

Some funny guys there, it has a Thanks word.

* But we need some exchange right now, from https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinexchange/ i have an open offer for 1btc, can forward contact if needed,

* Still prefer Tidex (as it has nicer outfit, actually like trading there, can we overlook this MSD crapola there, if someone is so stupid to buy this, is kind of a taxation to have a brief lession of not having something such as, i dont know .... maybe its brain brains?)

*Coss could be an option https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coss/

We could use some dancing from bbr
https://media.tenor.com/images/ca0351d04a0d4861f32d006b7449184d/tenor.gif

Ccex is an option too , 4btc to add directly or vote system
Activity: 84

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,

Cryptopia Support

Its quite interesting how centralised exchanges have a urge of "protection" their clients from having sorts of they call "anomaly" in working coins. Since they had a problem with not enough interest to check how to "sync wallet" (though it should be exact written on boolbery site),

"active dev team" - the delivery part should matter, here i think BBR is infront from many coins listed on cryptopia (though it has no employed dev team from ICO, which BTW can wanish after better money quite fast), my opinion here is that BBR or any crypto, should be also a little driven by passion

At least you got some decent response from exchange.

Here is mine, took them "extreme response" mere fast only a fraction of time 14 days, from our mama and papa BIGALLMIGHTY BITTREX, on a detailed question, why and how can be delisting solved in staying:

Julian Yap   
Julian Yap (Bittrex Support)
Sep 6, 18:18 PDT

XBB has been delisted. Thanks.

Follow us on Twitter @ https[Suspicious link removed]xchange

Some funny guys there, it has a Thanks word.

* But we need some exchange right now, from https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinexchange/ i have an open offer for 1btc, can forward contact if needed,

* Still prefer Tidex (as it has nicer outfit, actually like trading there, can we overlook this MSD crapola there, if someone is so stupid to buy this, is kind of a taxation to have a brief lession of not having something such as, i dont know .... maybe its brain brains?)

*Coss could be an option https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coss/

We could use some dancing from bbr
https://media.tenor.com/images/ca0351d04a0d4861f32d006b7449184d/tenor.gif
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
How about cryptopia or nova both of those work well.

Cryptopia it's look like 25 000$

what? thats a lot. Anyone have the username on here of cryptopia owner?

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,

Cryptopia Support

ah thats not good... i guess topia is out for now then.
Pages:
Jump to: