Pages:
Author

Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY - page 6. (Read 293015 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Thanks for the information.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/escrow-list-108716

Thanks for sharing this list. This is a big help especially for a beginner like who's trying to navigate the ins and outs of the crypto world. I haven't traded yet, but planning to do it in the future.
Activity: 126
Being informed is a good way to avoid  from being hacked or scammed.Thanks for this useful information. I'll always remember this or maybe saving this link as a reminder for future purposes.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 7
Thanks for the security safety information. Information on security should be taken serious always. It will be a good practice  that any person in the forum who experienced or had a near experience of being scammed/duped should report. That way, we shall all be cautious of being scammed. Being well informed is a vital key to a successful cryptocurrency business. 
Activity: 5
🌈Coin Plus April Recommendation Strategy Interim Check⚜️

▶️EDO, Recommendation Date 03/26, Profitability 29.01%, HOLD, Mid-Long term  ❤️

▶️CMT, Recommendation Date 04/02, Profitability 57.55%, HOLD, Mid-Long term❤️

▶️HSR, Recommendation Date  04/09, Profitability 16.39%, HOLD Mid-Long term❤️

▶️GUP, Recommendation Date 04/10, Profitability 15.11%, Completion Short term💚

▶️WAVE, Recommendation Date 04/18, Profitability 1.00%, HOLD, Mid-Long term❤️

↗️You can check the strategy by pressing the 🔍magnifying glass at the top right and searching for each coin.

♨️You can check your target and split purchase strategy and respond to each situation.✡️

✴️https://t.me/Coinplus_Open✴️
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
indeed, the market is full of such people, you should always be careful and attentive not to lose your money and reputation! thank you very much for this post!
Activity: 14
Valuable information. Thanks for sharing!
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
You did a very good job. Congratulations. We have recently encountered such news very often. This is an issue that everyone should be careful. Not only investors because of this issue, the entire market is damaged.
Activity: 7
i trayd it a lot of time to trade
but i had just success with hodl
Activity: 14

hello, I found in my opinion a cool ICO, what do you think about it. Tell me what you think about it
/paladium.cc
Activity: 62
so many spams . wtf.
Activity: 25
Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. I think agree with this opinion, as a newbie you have nothing to offer to your fellow newbie, not until you get to a higher level of membership. You can't actually have any business with your fellow newbie or any sort of transaction with any folks who is of the same level with you.
However, been a newbie doesn't necessarily make's one a scam but is of necessity that you understand the environment you are and what your into, in order to be careful with your dealings. This is one nice topic that help create awareness for all newbie that there are some fraudulent scam out there, so be careful.
Activity: 126
Thanks you for this information. it is a useful reminder not for just a newbie only but to all of us.
Activity: 266
Merit: 279
Your hints and advise are very well appreciated. They are all true. If all the steps highlighted are strictly followed and considered before trading with anybody, hardly can anyone be scammed. However, this is not useful for newbies alone. It still serve as caution for every other member on this forum.
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
the most safe is to find a nice project and do hodl. other than that, you can lose money. but you do not lose money if the project you are doing hodl is good.
Activity: 3
this is a very interesting project, I advise everyone to see
Activity: 420
Merit: 113
thank you for the information. for the first time, you can use escrow system but you should pay attention to your capital. just remember that before doing trading, you should check the reputation and all bout the project information. in order to minimize a scam. be careful!!
Activity: 50
And what are the chances that people with a higher rank than a Newbie did not buy an account?
Chance of being cheated is always there
Activity: 58
A lot of useful information/posts are here in this Topic for me as a newbie.
Many thanks. 
Activity: 56
any advise how to trade please ?
Pages:
Jump to: