Pages:
Author

Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY - page 8. (Read 293367 times)

Activity: 487
Merit: 10
These points are absolute truth. The reason why newbies easily get scammed is because a lot of them hardly come across an information like this which makes them to learn through hard experience
Activity: 159
Merit: 0
Now that the rank ,whitelist,and founder check list is still available to test ICO credentials, does anyone have some additional conditions to increase credibility?
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
Good advice for noob, I also used escrow when I was younger, so this is a reasonable way, because for the first time you risk this risk.
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
Help the needy, do the little things others ignore
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.
this is really valuable information for newbies and people who engage in a business with other unknown parties. i always obey everyone's advice.  
I'll be safe in future when I do a business with newbies.

Newbie here as well, im just tryna find my way here and getting the feel of the site, this is good advice for real.
Activity: 5
Threats exist in any area of not only finance, but also life. Therefore, we must carefully adjust to such trends. If you invest, then the amount, you can lose without major disorders. I invest in ICO at $ 100

If you trading on reputable exchange like Binance, you should be safe. However which coin you choose, you have do the research.

Regards,
gmotion
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Threats exist in any area of not only finance, but also life. Therefore, we must carefully adjust to such trends. If you invest, then the amount, you can lose without major disorders. I invest in ICO at $ 100
Activity: 1
thanks for your post  Grin
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
This fact underscores the lack of any protection against fraud and, as if to some lobbyists, the crypto-currency did not want to blame the victim for his own mistake, which certainly exists, such as he is to blame. Nobody can protect anyone in case of refusal of an agreement by one of the parties. Moreover, when the transaction is made in conditions of contact through the Internet.Then they talked about the guarantor, so the appearance of that certainly entailed additional costs for the deal. There can not be free insurance.Plus the tool is decentralization and minus - the anarchy of the rules. Be careful in direct transactions. Wink
Activity: 52
thank for your infomation
Activity: 82
Trading in crypto is a great experience, my token experty and others have got hook on idex now, please can some one help me out on how to withdraw manual with mem.
Activity: 48
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.
this is really valuable information for newbies and people who engage in a business with other unknown parties. i always obey everyone's advice. 
I'll be safe in future when I do a business with newbies.
Activity: 7
I'm a newbie, please don't buy my coin, its a waste of money
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
At the same time, one should not forget that there is no absolute reliability and will not be either when working with crypto assets or with traditional financial operators. To be afraid of threats costs, but much more effective will be competent work with them...
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
and how about yobit exchange ? my ucash withdrawl always proccesing in 3days , not confirmed . i ask support unread , not answer . Please give me solution .
Activity: 58
Thank you for very useful and educational comments.
I was lucky to read this comment which might be good to put in "Beginners and Help".
Activity: 11
Is there no other way to safely trade over the counter?  what does it mean to use escrow?

thanks.  im trying to figure out the best way to do this.
Activity: 126

excellent information and advice... amazing list well done for ur hard work... hope u were not scammed!! kkkk
Activity: 3
1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/escrow-list-108716

I agree with what you said there is no one that exceed scamming most people in crypto world want to out smart the other person because once someone is good at reading insights to data he or she will know when to pump out coins and mostly newbies are always a victim. Legendary member that does this doesnt it mean he have scam the newbie because his yet to master this crypto trading

completely agree.
Activity: 150
Thanks for the information, highly needed at this crucial which so much projects are sprinkling out every minutes
Activity: 15
Reading this forum can give us ideahowto do trading and even buying. This will us to understand more about bitcoin, I recommend this forum for a newbie like me. This is great!
Pages:
Jump to: