Pages:
Author

Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY - page 7. (Read 293404 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 1
1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/escrow-list-108716
Thanks.  This is more comphrensive and explanatory enough
Activity: 168
Merit: 13
The stock photography revolution
Very good advice. I advise everyone to read.
Activity: 96
Merit: 2
Highly appreciated this kind of advice, to all newbies like us we must be very vigilant in making a transaction in order to  avoid being scammed by others
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

i'm not against escrow and others garant.
But i have one question. What are the difference between people who have been here at least a year, and newbies? Or do you think, that there is no scammers between  OLD members?
absolutely truth
Activity: 214
Merit: 1
I'm from 2018, is this advice still working?  Grin
Activity: 10
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

But i have one question. What are the difference between people who have been here at least a year, and newbies? Or do you think, that there is no scammers between  OLD members?
Font get it wrong, there are scammers everywhere waiting for different opportunities to prey on their targets but it’s more reasonable to deal with an escrow or an older member. This reduces the chance of being scammed significantly and also an older member may not want to risk being banned
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
yeah, often it turns out that it's better not to deal with friends or novices with business. At first everything goes well but then the quarrels begin and the relations r clarified and the money is to blame for all this. With friends u need to be friends and work and business with friends isn`t compatible.
Activity: 22

2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

I appreciate your view and experience, but you cant paint the whole picture black with Newbies. Remember even BITCOIN was a newbie in 2010. precaution is always helped but scaring people is different.
From 2016 and till date, top Scammers were Legendary, Senior Members who launched ICOs or were charging to promote ICOs and ran away with good people money.they all were big scammers.
every person is different and honest management is hard to find , but atleast give people chance.....
Activity: 130
Where can I see a list of proposals of this kind?
And a list of reliable people?
Activity: 2
I believe using escrow is a good idea, though finding escrow agents is not an easy job. It's quite important, as it provides some kind of "credibility" in the community, and participants know that their funds are safe. A good escrow is normally a reputable member of the community, and there are some people providing this service on the "Services" board. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0
Always look out for good step to approach an ICO.

The basic criteria for an ICO:
1. Optimize your website
2. White Paper
3. Good Team
4. Good Marketing Strategy
5. Influencers Network (most important) like the telegram

The purpose of a legitimate ICO is to kickstart a project into fully scaled development with venture capital or private investing.
If you have enough knowledge about ICO you could not be scammed. So read alot.

I hope this makes sense, Mr.Tomatocage?

Activity: 16
Thanks for the information because i am new in bitcointalk
Activity: 37
Thanks for the very important information.
Activity: 3

2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

Activity: 231
thanks for the very important information I will remember this.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
U always need to make sure that the person u r doing business online is reliable and has the credibility. Lets do ur own research beforehand so that u r knowledgeable.

2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

Can anyone please explane to me, how could i know if newbie accounts are scammers ?
Activity: 204
1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/escrow-list-108716
Thank for information...very helpul

I am new to the world of cryptocurrency
NEW NEW Hourly Payment
Instant Payment
Running Days 00
Paying ££
Minimum Deposit 2$
https://[Suspicious link removed]/H6S5vT
125% IN 1 HOUR

150% IN 1 HOUR